Start by marking “Ghost of a Dream (Ghost Finders, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ghost of a Dream (Ghost Finders, #3)

Ghost of a Dream (Ghost Finders #3)

Meet the Carnacki Institute’s operatives—JC Chance: the team leader, brave, charming, and almost unbearably arrogant; Melody Chambers: the science geek who keeps the antisupernatural equipment running; and Happy Jack Palmer: the terminally gloomy telepath. Their mission: Do Something About Ghosts. Lay them to rest, send them packing, or just kick their nasty ectoplasmic ar ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 295 pages
Published August 28th 2012 by Ace (first published August 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Ghost of a Dream, please sign up.

Pauli Koskinen No idea, Melody is chracter that seemingly excists for 4 reasons:
No idea, Melody is chracter that seemingly excists for 4 reasons:
1.) To be tech geek, so there actually is one, despite her equipment being mostly useless, cruesome and giving little to the "investigation"...
2.) Have relationship with Happy.
3.) To add dialogue between Happy and JC.
4.) That there actually is female Chracter in the main cast..

But she seems rather hollow.(less)

Ahmad Sharabiani
Ghost of a Dream (Ghost Finders, #3)و Simon R. Green
عنوان: شکارچیان شبح - کتاب 3 - شبح رویا؛ نویسنده: سیمون آر. گرین؛ مترجم: علی مصلح حیدرزاده؛ تهران، ویدا، 1394؛ در 283 ص؛ شابک: 9786002911575؛ موضوع: داستانهای نویسندگان انگلیسی قرن 21 م
شکارچیان شبح این بار باید به یک سالن تئاتر قدیمی بروند و پرونده جدیدی را حل کنند. تئاتر «هی بارن» به مدت بیست سال تعطیل بوده؛ دو بازیگری که زمانی در آنجا فعالیت میکردند، تصمیم به بازگشایی دوباره ی آن گرفته اند. اما کارگرانی که برای بازسازی سالن استخدام شده اند، ا
Elisa
Oct 17, 2014 Elisa rated it liked it
I like these books, they are fun, kinda campy, the characters have their ways of behaving, they stay true to character and the world doesn't work like you expect it to. It surprises me, which I like. Scary stuff happens, though I don't end up tension filled while reading, nor do I need to close the shades at night, so it might be easy for you chickens out there. However, some pretty gross stuff happens, so you need to be able to handle a couple of gory visuals.
I will search out each of these boo
aaron
Jul 06, 2012 aaron rated it it was amazing
i make no bones about it...simon r. green is one of my fave's in the fantasy/sci-fi genre! he and jim butcher always write an engaging and entertaining tale with fantastic characters! this is the third book in the ghostfinders series and it is another great addition to the series! this one takes place after kim is taken and we get to see some of the ramifications of that. the ghostfinders find themselves in high trouble as they face off against an agent of the flesh undying. a great read!
Alexander Draganov
May 31, 2012 Alexander Draganov rated it it was amazing
Perfect Simon R. Green here :-) The characters are awesome, the scares nasty, the writing wonderful. I am in the minority here and prefer this series to the Drood novels - the villains are more powerful and the tension higher. There are some nice positive messages as well. You can't ask for more from more :)
Nancy
Mar 21, 2012 Nancy added it
This was the first book I'd read in the Ghostfinders series, so I realize I am going out of order. I described this to a friend as: Harry, Ron, and Hermione as adults + Ghost Hunters + a touch of CSI. Creepy, a little gory at parts, but has a good sense of humor too.
Leila Anani
Chris Bauer
Sep 30, 2013 Chris Bauer rated it really liked it
I might as well confess right away. I'm Simon R. Green junkie. Everything from the Droods, to Nightside, to Ghost Finders to his much earlier Hawk & Fisher series and Deathstalker works. So, there is your full disclosure.

"Ghost of a Dream" features the Ghostfinders, a trio of hard edged, bad ass Ghostbusters. Set in the same universe as the Secret Histories and Nightside, Green does an exemplary job of crafting hilarious dialogue, interesting characters and impossible settings.

IMHO, pound f
Ade Couper
Sep 11, 2012 Ade Couper rated it really liked it
This is the 3rd in the series of "ghost finders" novels by Simon R Green , & it's really taken me until now to get the measure of the series....whereas the inspiration behind the "Secret Histories" is fairly obviously James Bond , & the "Nightside" books revolve around the idea of the lone P.I, it's taken me til now to see the inspiration here is those great ITC tv series like "Department S" & "The Protectors"....

So , what's it like? Well , JC Chance , Melody Chambers & Happy Pal
Sep 29, 2012 Laura rated it it was ok
I want to like these books, I really do, and I keep reading them. But only from the library, I wouldn't want to pay for them.

The ideas are good, but they suffer from Green's usual problems. You will have your good guy(s) and the plucky female love interest. They will then "Do Appalling Things To" insert generic villain of the page. And it is always in capitol letters. His females are ALWAYS short thin pale dolls with dark hair, or tall blonds who could lift a Mack truck. We are always lead to be
Jessica
Jun 30, 2015 Jessica rated it liked it
Shelves: library-book
Simon R. Green is one of my favorite authors and after the Nigtside series ended, I finally decided to give this series a try. I enjoyed the first two well enough but almost didn't finish this one. Really I could not stand Elizabeth and Benjamin. I just wanted one of the team to duct tape their mouths shut. If these characters had not annoyed me so badly I would have given four stars.

I was really pleased that the main job did not solely focus around the enemy from Outside that has apparently bec
Nicole Gozdek
Aug 30, 2012 Nicole Gozdek rated it really liked it
Euch gefallen Geisterstorys? Türen, die sich von Geisterhand bewegen? Beänsgtigende Geräusche aus dem Nichts? Geschichten über verschwundene Züge, die aus dem Nichts auftauchen und Angst und Schrecken verbreiten? Storys über alte, verlassene Gebäude voler Geschichte, in denen es spukt? Dann seid ihr bei Simon R. Green "Ghost of a Dream" richtig.
Neben dem gelegentlichen ängstlichen Schauder erwarten euch im 3. Band der Ghost Finders-Reihe 3 skurrile Hauptfiguren, fiese Bösewichter, Rätsel und Geh
Nicholas May
Nov 05, 2013 Nicholas May rated it it was amazing
While I dont enjoy The Ghost Finders as much as I do the Nightside, or Drood novels, it is only because the others have set the bar so high it is hard to come near them for sheer entertainment. Nonetheless, Simon R. Green has created characters that keep me coming back for more, and Ghost of a Dream is no different. The more I read about the Carnacki Institute, and its agents, the more I want to know. So let's hope he continues to give us stories about their adventures. If not, there will be a s ...more
Mark
Oct 09, 2014 Mark rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Green remains a solid three stars. He's prolific and easy to read. Ghost of a Dream was well written and isn't formulaic but it also doesn't stand out. I do like the way everything ties together of the course of all of his worlds, or is it just one? This is probably my least favorite series from him but that doesn't mean much at all. All of his series are flat in the middle of my favorite books and that's a good thing. I know when a Simon R. Green book comes out that I'll enjoy it and that's rea ...more
Loretta
Well, aren't these three in for a roller coaster of "What the Fruitcake?!"! I must say that I love that each book, so far, starts out with a complete story in the first chapter or so before moving on to the main event. Very theatrical in presentation and the warm-up is delightful. The train is traumatic, the ghosts are becoming harder to detect, and our computer geek and resident telepath are sappy in their repartee. I am looking forward to the resolution and the secrets to be revealed when JC f ...more
Shayan Kh
Mar 21, 2016 Shayan Kh rated it liked it
There is not much to say about this book. Nothing too exciting by Green's standards, and nothing really original. That is of course if you have read some of his books. I assume you at least read the previous books of this series, if not, get out of here. Start with the first book!
The story is enjoyable enough, and if you like Green's work, you might enjoy this one too. So again, I recommend this book to people who are already fans of Simon R Green.
Pearl
Nov 17, 2013 Pearl rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, urban-fantasy
I liked it. Not quite as much as the other two books, but it did a lot of set up work for future storylines and sometimes you need that book. I do really wish that the "teaser" portion and the "actual story" portion had been switched around. I found the teaser story much more disturbing and weird overall. Usual Simon R. Green disclaimer: If you like his stuff you'll probably like this, if you don't like his stuff don't even think about bothering.
Trish
May 31, 2013 Trish rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I got on better with this one than the first two in the series, although whether that was because it felt more like a Nightside book, I'm not sure. However, maybe he's finally getting into his stride with these characters. After all, it did take a couple of books before the Nightside series settled down, too.
Stevenivan
Jun 09, 2013 Stevenivan rated it liked it
Better than the last two, it finally started to approach the edge of where The Nightside books usually dwell. Even then, the plot was horribly disjointed, and the characters were barely a candle to Green's more established fare. This still felt closer to Hawk and Fischer then John Taylor, but with even less plot.
Lucy
Mar 09, 2015 Lucy rated it really liked it
3rd in series of English Ghost Finders of the Carnacki Institute. The team of J.C. Chance, Melody Chambers and Happy Jack Palmer are sent to investigate happenings at a disused railway station where things are more and bigger than expected. Then they head to a long-abandoned Theatre where more happenings lead to something nastier. Interesting interactions among the 3 main characters.
May 06, 2015 Jennifer rated it liked it
I like this series. The ghost finders are all a little neurotic but wise and brave when needed. The larger forces and powers that be along with a possible institute conspiracy lead to ideas of grander plots to come
Vera
Mar 03, 2013 Vera rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
The atmospheres of the two parts of this book were very believable, and yet spooky, not least because of the unnatural activity going on. I'm enjoying this series, although I've read several others of Green and enjoy them all.
Gedvondur
May 31, 2014 Gedvondur rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Ghost Finders series set in Green's supernatural London. Frankly, a bit....lacking compared to the Nightside and Drood Secret Histories. Still, fast, easy urban fantasy. Something to read when you don't want to think.
Doug
Apr 06, 2013 Doug rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Simon Green's books are a light read. The characters, while quirky, don't really have much depth, but I'm somewhat intrigued by the Big Mystery being established in this series of books. And, as always, the dialog is fun. The secret is to not take it too seriously.
Jamie Rosen
Nov 01, 2012 Jamie Rosen rated it really liked it
It started out a bit awkward on the sentence level, but once Green gets his protagonists on stage it becomes unputdownable. Finished it in one day.
Johnsom2478
Oct 13, 2012 Johnsom2478 rated it really liked it

As are all of Simon's books, this was a quick fun read.
Tim Hayes
Oct 21, 2013 Tim Hayes rated it really liked it
Very Simon R. Green. Over the top and a lot of fun
Mark Clark Jr
Oct 16, 2012 Mark Clark Jr rated it really liked it
I still like this series but its gotten a lot more silly this time around
~Anita~
Sep 12, 2012 ~Anita~ rated it it was amazing
I read this before and after a medical appointment. Good distraction.
Sue
Sep 22, 2013 Sue rated it liked it
another fun one from Simon R. Green. If you like paranormal fantasy, check this out. Just dark enough to keep you interested, with clever plots.
Terry Kennedy
May 20, 2012 Terry Kennedy rated it liked it
Left a gap in Kim's disappearance and the storyline there. Would have been nice to focus on that, still I enjoyed a quick read.
Goodreads Librari...: Title is still showing as ISBN number 2 18 Aug 23, 2014 05:52AM
  • Zombie Bake-Off
  • Blood and Magick (Deacon Chalk: Occult Bounty Hunter #3)
  • Zombiesque
  • A Rose-Red City
  • No Place Like Home (InCryptid, #0.03)
  • No Hero (Arthur Wallace, #1)
  • Forged in Fire (Sarah Beauhall #3)
  • Writ in Blood (Serenity Falls, #1)
  • Margin of Error (Britt Montero, #5)
  • Drayton, the Taker (Drayton, #1)
  • A Barricade In Hell (Delia Martin, #2)
  • In the House of the Wicked (Remy Chandler, #5)
  • Basilisk (The Korsak Brothers #2)
  • Mountain Magic
  • Hard Spell (Occult Crimes Unit Investigation #1)
  • Our Souls to Keep (Our Souls to Keep, #1)
  • Possession (Greywalker, #8)
  • The Nekropolis Archives
41942
Simon Richard Green is a British science fiction and fantasy-author. He holds a degree in Modern English and American Literature from the University of Leicester. His first publication was in 1979.

His Deathstalker series is partly a parody of the usual space-opera of the 1950s, told with sovereign disregard of the rules of probability, while being at the same time extremely bloodthirsty.

Excerpted
More about Simon R. Green...

Ghost Finders (6 books)
  • Ghost of a Chance (Ghost Finders, #1)
  • Ghost of a Smile (Ghost Finders, #2)
  • Spirits from Beyond (Ghost Finders, #4)
  • Voices from Beyond (Ghost Finders, #5)
  • Forces from Beyond (Ghost Finders, #6)