a Touch of TNT (Everly Gray #2)

a Touch of TNT (Everly Gray Adventures #2)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  141 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Having ESP in her fingertips gives new meaning to “get the picture,” and for Everly Gray it’s a one-way ticket to trouble. With fear nipping at her heels, out of control curiosity, and a reluctant request from the chief of police for help with a case, she stumbles across, not one, but two dead bodies. What she knows puts her in the path of a killer. What she doesn’t know—s...more
ebook
Published January 6th 2012 (first published December 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about a Touch of TNT, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about a Touch of TNT

Sandra
Liked but not quite as much as the first one for 2 reasons. 1 Mitch is never around, popping in for sex every few weeks before being sent on another mission immediately makes it hard to care whether he and Everly end up together. 2. Everly's constatnt decisions to go into danger without telling anyone what she is doing are very irritating. Also I liked Annie better when she was Violet. She treated Everly more like a friend and equal and less like a child in need of protection (which they are all...more
Adrienne Testa
Everly Gray has the ability to perceive images through her finger tips, which makes for a unique and different main character. Yet, half way through this story she takes on the personality of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum. Unable to curb her curiosity and gets in over her head, she needs someone to rescue her. Why do authors believe a female main character needs to be rescued... needs two men in their lives?? Its overworked and becoming boring to read the same scenario in various authors. Thi...more
Jeanie Jackson
The second fascinating entry in the Everly Gray mystery adventure series
This time Everly and her magic fingers are official but now something isn’t right. Her touch sense is vague and that terrifies her. Just when she has developed a new life and has been attached to the police department as a special consultant her “Touch” is failing her. On top of that the new man in her life has to leave town on a dangerous mission without even a kiss. Her ever growing curiosity leads her from bomb to body to...more
Dami (Damiellar)
I'm obviously in the mood for these as I'm sorely tempted to download the rest of the series while I'm on a roll. I likely won't (I've got waaay too many unread books at present and want to enjoy the anticipation)

We didn't really get to see much of Mitch this book (so boo for that) but Pierce is still around ( very changeable indeed) and there's a mystery involved on top. I didn't enjoy this quite as much as A Touch of Ice. I don't know if it was that the first book so was refreshing when compar...more
Bette Jacobson
I enjoyed the first book of the Everly Gray series by L J Charles so much; I went out and bought the rest of the series. In book 2 Everly's hinky fingertips, as well as her insatiable curiosity, get her even deeper into trouble. She visits a bombed out mall and her fingertips go on the fritz giving her blurred around the edges, foggy and distorted images, which she finds difficult to interpret to Detective Adam Stone.

Wanting to find out what is wrong with her fingertips she goes investigating o...more
Vickie
The main character is still very likeable and the characters mesh well. The editing errors that were in book 1 continued throughout this book. Over all, good plot with a bit of a twist.
Holly
In this follow up to A Touch of Ice, Everly expands her social life and the use of her skill. But her power is on the fritz and her helping the police might be a bit more than she can handle. Violet's old partner plays a bigger role in this and makes it known that he is a bit interested, curious how that will play out in the following book/s. I kind of liked Mitch a bit less in this one, but not exactly his fault I guess. (I know this wont make sense until you read it). There were a couple of re...more
Mfreader
The fun continues as Everly (El) is now officially assisting the Apex PD – of course an insatiable curiosity still leads her into some dangerous situations. I enjoyed El’s developing relationship with those around her. In addition to another mystery we had a bit of uncertainty with her relationship with Mitch, some confusing developments with Pierce, and a brotherly relationship with Adam. The book ends with some unknowns around El’s parents. Can’t wait for the next book!
Samantha
Fast paced entertaining read with a touch of suspense and “who done it” spin. I absolutely loved this book! Everly Gray is an awesome “character” not just in a literary sense but in an interesting person kind of way. She’s a little dysfunctional just like you and I; and her curiosity gets her into trouble, but who’s doesn’t?! I love the cast of characters; each of them compliments the other perfectly. I would love to see another book in this series by this author.
Anne Tate
I totally enjoyed book one of this series. This one was a little tedious.
Laura Judd
Fun quick paranormal mystery.
Melissa
The 2nd book in the Everly Gray adventures digs deeper into the life of El and her friends. While El is brought on as a consultant with the local police force, she is caught up with another murder. Of course, her friends are there to help. I have really become a fan of these books. It's not very often that you get to read a book about someone who has ESP fingers.
Amy
The only thing I don't really care for in this series is that Everly seems to be a wimp. She comes across strong but then acts like a total wuss when she needs to be strong...Seems like if she was going to get in to so much "trouble" she would develop a backbone.

I still think the books are great, just gets on my nerves.
Leah
I enjoyed this light-hearted installment of the Everly Gray series. I really like Everly... she's funny and quirky! It's been fun for me to read a mystery because it's been a while! There is adult content in here that I could definitely do without!
Kyra Dunst
Everly Grey is not your typical woman. She can sense things with a simple touch and her curiosity gets her in loads of trouble. I enjoyed all three books and the novella, and I have already purchased book four. I would definitely recommend this series.
Leah Chatterjee
This is a fun cozy mystery. The central character has a gift that allows her to "see" things when she touches objects or people.
Julia Krapivnik
I really enjoyed this book as well as "A Touch of Ice". Could not put it down! Great reading!!!
Elizabeth
2nd book in the series. They just kept getting better and better...
Krissy's Scraps
Krissy's Scraps is currently reading it
Sep 18, 2014
Angala
Angala marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
xstitchfan
xstitchfan marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Agatha Ding
Agatha Ding marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Judy
Judy added it
Aug 23, 2014
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Amanda Deniger
Amanda Deniger marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
A Touch of Ice (Everly Gray Adventures, #1) To Touch a Thief (Everly Gray Adventures #2.5) a Touch of the Past a Touch of Betrayal (Everly Gray Adventures #4) The Knowing (Gemini Women Trilogy, #1)