Start by marking “Yesterday's Gone: Episode 2 (Yesterday's Gone, #2)” as Want to Read:
Yesterday's Gone: Episode 2 (Yesterday's Gone, #2)

Yesterday's Gone: Episode 2 (Yesterday's Gone #2)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  346 ratings  ·  23 reviews
The post-apocalyptic serialized thriller continues with Yesterday's Gone: Episode 2, the second book in the Yesterday's Gone series.

On October 15 at 2:15 a.m. everyone on Earth vanished.

Well, almost everyone.

A scattered few woke alone in a world where there are no rules other than survival... at any cost.

A journalist wanders the wretched reality of an empty New York, in se
Published (first published August 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Yesterday's Gone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yesterday's Gone

Shovelmonkey1
Oct 17, 2012 Shovelmonkey1 rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: conspiracy theorists and those with large fire arms collections
Recommended to Shovelmonkey1 by: kindle freeness and the reading of episode 1
Yesterdays gone and its not coming back and neither are all the people who vanished in the first book. Cheerfully this book is spread out over a large number of 100 page serialised chunkets so even if it is the end of the world and all the people who make the moving pictures spring into your telly box have also vanished, well, then you won't get too bored... yet.

The first part of this series introduces a group of characters who have all awoken on Planet Earth to find out that almost everybody h
Marvin
As we left our intrepid survivors, they just discovered that...

Wait!

You may have not read the first book yet. Let's just say they are in deep shit. This is episode two for the serial novel, Yesterday Gone, While it doesn't quite meet my criteria for four stars like the first installment did, it is still a tense and exciting tale. I wanted a little more explanation in part two on what is happening. I think the key to a good serial is to reveal at least one big thing in each part, but maybe the au
Denise
As several other reviewers have noted, Platt & Wright have a brilliant marketing thing going on - offer the first two episodes free to get people hooked, and then many (like me) start buying the rest or adding them to wish lists.

Episode 2 continues the seemingly post-apocalyptic adventures of a random group of strangers who were left behind when the rest of the world disappeared. While following along with each individual story line is sometimes difficult, I'm finding it is an easier task no
Sue
Yes! I finally started getting into this story. I thought the first episode was a little confusing and leaped all over the place with characters that were less than memorable. It is difficult, however, to really get to know someone in only one episode. After finishing the second installment, I was scrambling on line to get the rest of the episodes because I was getting caught up and really loved it.
I plan on reading the first & second seasons right away and will then be able to write an ho
Ron Smith
I was blown away with the first season, such a great read. Characters were developed really well, story was a constant cliffhanger. But the second season was more predictable, seemed safe. I didn't see the big risks as in the first and where I looked forward to coming home from work to read the first and stayed up way too late, reluctant to lay the story down, I didn't quite have the same hunger to chew up the second. It was good, just not great. I am not a fan of horror or shock type fiction bu ...more
Carl Timms
Robert
Still a bit chaotic, but I'm determined to see if there's a story here. I feel the potential, but I'm not getting the goods.
Gerold Whittaker
The second of a series of 6 books (think episodes), each planned at 100 pages long. This book continues in the vein of book 1, the story continuing where book one left off.

It's still a little wierd - but good wierd - with talking trees and large areas of the ground uprooted, smokey "people" and a lot more.

The book ended far too soon for my liking and I will not be continuing with the series. I did enjoy Books 1 & 2, but I feel the individual books are too pricy seeing as you only get 100 pag
Diane
The story has really picked up. I am intrigued not and will have to keep going. I am in a love hate relationship with the serial book thing. I like how it is in short increments because it fits easily into short periods of time to read. I hate how it is not one book though because I am ready to move to the next installment and have to get it! Each episode does not feel like an ending- they feel like you are right in the middle of something and need to move on with it.
Donna
One of those, you have to remind yourself to eat while your reading it because your mind is so caught up in the story, you forget your basic living skills. Awesome series, the only problem that I have with the series is that each episode is short and pricey at 2.99 a piece with 11 episodes. Well worth the price if you can afford it, which I can not so I will have to settle for the first two free episodes. wonderful series so far.
Patrick Stemp
If you think of these as episodes in a new television series, ep1 introduces the characters. In ep2 we start to get a better feel for the world they're living in and the questions that need answering. Our little groups of survivors are experiencing their new world in different ways and they're heading out in various directions - probably to converge on a single location at some point. Can't wait to find out.
Angela
I'm really enjoying this series and glad I stumbled across it on www.amazon.co.uk.
Good atmosphere and world building by our two authors and some genuinely creepy moments and elements incorporated. I love the different point-of-views throughout as well.
James
Nice set of diverse characters. The story line is building like the TV show "Lost". Looking forward to the next episode.
Mike Peditto
Just got bored. I dislike too many characters and have no plans for the rest of the series.
Andrea
Still enjoying these. It's hard to give them a rating when they aren't complete books though.
Megan
Yesterdays Gone: Episode One: Part 2

Someone needs to edit this title.
Adam
Keeps getting better and better. Episode three here I come.
Koni
Series is picking up steam. Can't put it down!!!
Brad T.
GREAT! Cant wait to read episode 3.
Carole Meeter
Oct 21, 2014 Gwen marked it as series-2-plus  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unread
Episode 2
Shellie Paola
Shellie Paola marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Dr. Daniel
Dr. Daniel marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
  • Dead Earth: The Green Dawn
  • Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 502
  • The Unwashed Dead (Zombie Armageddon #1)
  • Primal Shift: Part 1 (A Post-Apocalyptic Thriller)
  • Deathly Contagious (The Contagium #2)
  • On the Road (Life After War, #2)
  • A Taste of You
  • Starers
  • Zomblog (Zomblog, #1)
  • Safari: Mountain Man Book Two (Mountain Man, #2)
  • After (The Phoenix Curse, #1)
  • Incident On and Off a Mountain Road
  • Sleepers
  • The Boat
  • The Bialy Pimps
  • End Dayz (The Hitchhiker Strain, #0.5)
  • LZR-1143: Evolution (LZR-1143, #2)
  • Deadlocked
Sean loves writing books, even more than reading them. He is co-founder of Collective Inkwell and Realm & Sands imprints, writes for children under the name Guy Incognito, and has more than his share of nose.

Together with co-authors David Wright and Johnny B. Truant, Sean has written the series Yesterdays Gone, WhiteSpace, ForNevermore, Available Darkness, Dark Crossings, Unicorn Western, The
More about Sean Platt...
Yesterday's Gone: Season One Write. Publish. Repeat. (The No-Luck-Required Guide to Self-Publishing Success) Yesterday's Gone: Episode 1 (Yesterday's Gone, #1) Yesterday's Gone: Season Two Yesterday's Gone: Season Three