Patient One

Patient One (Dr. David Ballineau and Carolyn Ross #1)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  106 ratings  ·  26 reviews
A new thriller from USA Today best-selling author Leonard Goldberg

U.S. President John Merrill is hosting Russian President Dimitri Suslev at a glittering state dinner to celebrate a new economic pact. As the after-dinner toasts begin, the two leaders, their wives, and scores of prominent guests become violently ill. Merrill and Suslev, along with the other stricken guests,...more
Published May 8th 2012 by Midnight Ink Books (first published May 1st 2012)

Mary Chrapliwy
So much more than just a medical mystery - also an excellent political thriller.

Leonard Goldberg weaves a tale that opens with an extravagant party in LA, full of distinguished guests who are ingesting a toxin without knowing it. He reveals that the distinguished guests are the President of the United States, the first family, a Russian President and his wife, and many other high ranking members of the government. Goldberg transports the reader to the hospital where the ill party guests are tak...more
Mike Cavosie
Might be a good beach read. But I was at home, and it sucked.
Arthur
This book was so GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The plot was extreme which I liked and this book was the best I've ever read in my life.
Heather
Synopsis (from BN.com): U.S. President John Merrill is hosting Russian President Dimitri Suslev at a glittering state dinner to celebrate a new economic pact. As the after-dinner toasts begin, the two leaders, their wives, and scores of prominent guests become violently ill. Merrill and Suslev, along with the other stricken guests, are rushed to the nearest hospital. As Secret Service agents struggle to secure the hospital and locate Merrill’s daughter, the President’s personal physician — who’s...more
Peg
May 02, 2014 Peg added it
Shelves: could-not-finish
This book is really not that bad and some may like it but I just didn't want to invest any more time in it when there are so many better books to read and so little time. The premise is good but it quickly becomes too farfetched for my taste. I hope I got it on Amazon's Daily Deal and didn't pay too much for it.
Gail
Started this book this morning and just finished it this evening!! Great book! Never read this author before, but can't wait to read more!! Suspenseful, edge of your seat book…..
Jolovessnow
Decent thriller but the character interactions were a bit unbelievable.
Cheryl
I don't read this type of book but I read the prologue and was hooked this book was so good cant wait to read another one of Leonard Goldberg books
Regan
This book started out so promising. I was 20% into it (on my Kindle) and could barely put it down and then it started to get a bit repetitious.

SPOILER ALERT

The blow by blow descriptions of medical issues and procedures, the in depth would be interesting but it was way too much. There was also a lot of omniscient point of view, pages of narrative with really long paragraphs. I didn't care very much for David, the hero.
Molly
Trashy implausible adventure. Lots of fun!
Andy Plonka
Although one has to accept that the main character a former Special Ops guy in the army is now a physican in a hospital in Los Angeles who just happens to be on call when the president of the US is brought in with acute food poisoning, this ia a well done medical thriller that has lots of medical info suitable for laymen, and a plausible terrorist plot that doesn't involve a tremendous amount of ploitics.
Ben Pashkoff
A bit predictable, and a bit non-realistic (yeah, right Former Spec Ops Operative turned Ace ER doctor who still has no problem with "Kill or be killed") BTW, HOW did he ever contemplate the Hippocratic Oath???? And of course the perfect leading lady... Ace ER nurse who happened to take an almost admin position in the posh boutique ward.... Sorry, a little too much, and a little over done.
Brenda
This book kept me on the edge of my seat wanting to know what was going to happen next. Some of the descriptions of the shoot out bothered me because they were too detailed. This author is okay to read once in awhile, but I don't think he will ever make my "TOP 20" list of favorites.
Jan
I'm a sucker for medical novels of all stripes, so what can I say? Writing a bit stilted, but -- OK. Too many coincidences, but -- hey, that's part of the fun, no? I will be looking for more books by this author if they are free for the Kindle.
Stewart
Utterly ridiculous popcorn medical/terrorism thriller. Best thing I can say about it is the brisk pacing, as I read all 360 pages of it in a single day, mostly during a round-trip on the metro.
Xanthina
A very good read I found it difficult to put down and read it in approx 5 nights.Even though there were parts that were totally predictable ie handsome Dr and pretty nurse.
Sallyla
The romance between the doctor and nurse was almost too cutesy, liked some of the action. Not sure if I will read this author again.
Elizabeth Linnell

An okay thriller but character development was a little weak. A bit of a let down at the end.
Christine
I enjoyed this book. It isn't the kind of book I normally read but would recommend it.
Errin
I liked this one enough to check out some of his Johanna Blalock series of books!!!
Alisa Stevens
Great book! It read like an episode of 24. Loved the fast paced action.
Abbey
Good adventure, fast-paced and fun to read.
Rebecca
Suspense/thriller - good but not great.
Sue
Could not retain my attention.
Lori
very early robin cook like, not bad
Elaine Mayes
A fast read; good thriller.
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Leonard Goldberg is the internationally bestselling author of the Joanna Blalock series of medical thrillers. His novels, acclaimed by critics as well as fellow authors, have been translated into a dozen languages and sold more than a million copies worldwide. Leonard Goldberg is himself a consulting physician affiliated with the UCLA Medical Center, where he holds an appointment as Clinical Profe...more
More about Leonard Goldberg...
Deadly Exposure Deadly Harvest Deadly Medicine Fatal Care A Deadly Practice