Start by marking “The Lady and the Warrior” as Want to Read:
The Lady and the Warrior

The Lady and the Warrior

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  7 reviews
(Short Story) An abused young wife stranded in the Alleghenies in 1783 is rescued from drowning by a rugged frontiersman who shows her kindness and passion. But is he more than he seems? And can they ever be together?
Published February 26th 2012 by Beth Trissel

To ask other readers questions about The Lady and the Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lady and the Warrior

Maeve Greyson
I thoroughly enjoyed this short read. It's a delightful sample of Beth Trissel's talented writing and a wonderful escape into the past.
Debdatta D. Sahay (b00k r3vi3ws)
This is my first time reading Beth Trissel's work and so I had very little idea about what to expect. Also, this is a Short Story. I think it is a perfect choice for someone like me to get a taste of an author's writing style.

Its about 18 pages and so a very quick read. Its perfect for your lunch/tea breaks and also for a change in between two novels.

The storyline could be tagged as 'stereotype' - since its all about a girl in trouble, a tall-dark-handsome guy coming to her rescue and them falli
Norma Budden
I enjoyed this introduction to Beth Trissel's writing and became interested in the story and characters immediately. It contains a lot of depth for such a short piece of writing and I, for one, am impressed. I will read other works by this author in the future.
Cathie
A beautiful, warm short story showcasing Beth Trissel's evocative writing style. Fast paced and full of emotion. Short but very sweet.
Tricia
This is a charming short story! Sweet and tender. With vivid imagery and detail. Very enjoyable!
April
Clean, but the plot was a little too convenient for my taste.
Kayla Erickson
Didn't want it to end
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Kaye Warnick
Kaye Warnick marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Audra
Audra added it
Jul 19, 2014
Amina
Amina is currently reading it
Jun 25, 2014
Brandy Moore
Brandy Moore marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Mir
Mir marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Married to my high school sweetheart, I live on a farm in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia surrounded by my children, grandbabies, and assorted animals. An avid gardener, my love of herbs and heirloom plants figures into my work. The rich history of Virginia, the Native Americans and the people who journeyed here from far beyond her borders are at the heart of my inspiration. In addition to Ameri ...more
More about Beth Trissel...
Somewhere My Love (Somewhere in Time, #1) Through the Fire Somewhere My Lass (Somewhere in Time, #2) Red Bird's Song The Bearwalker's Daughter