Start by marking “The Lady and the Warrior” as Want to Read:
The Lady and the Warrior

The Lady and the Warrior

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  7 reviews
(Short Story) An abused young wife stranded in the Alleghenies in 1783 is rescued from drowning by a rugged frontiersman who shows her kindness and passion. But is he more than he seems? And can they ever be together?
Published February 26th 2012 by Beth Trissel

To ask other readers questions about The Lady and the Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lady and the Warrior

Maeve Greyson
I thoroughly enjoyed this short read. It's a delightful sample of Beth Trissel's talented writing and a wonderful escape into the past.
b00k r3vi3ws
This is my first time reading Beth Trissel's work and so I had very little idea about what to expect. Also, this is a Short Story. I think it is a perfect choice for someone like me to get a taste of an author's writing style.

Its about 18 pages and so a very quick read. Its perfect for your lunch/tea breaks and also for a change in between two novels.

The storyline could be tagged as 'stereotype' - since its all about a girl in trouble, a tall-dark-handsome guy coming to her rescue and them falli
Norma Budden
I enjoyed this introduction to Beth Trissel's writing and became interested in the story and characters immediately. It contains a lot of depth for such a short piece of writing and I, for one, am impressed. I will read other works by this author in the future.
Cathie
A beautiful, warm short story showcasing Beth Trissel's evocative writing style. Fast paced and full of emotion. Short but very sweet.
Tricia
This is a charming short story! Sweet and tender. With vivid imagery and detail. Very enjoyable!
April
Clean, but the plot was a little too convenient for my taste.
Kayla Erickson
Didn't want it to end
Gennie Van Atta
Gennie Van Atta marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Jeannie Stutes
Jeannie Stutes marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Sabrina The Book Lover
Sabrina The Book Lover marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Claudia
Claudia marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Katherine Nestor
Katherine Nestor marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
deanna loudermilk
deanna loudermilk is currently reading it
Dec 19, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Kaye Warnick
Kaye Warnick marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Audra
Audra added it
Jul 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Married to my high school sweetheart, I live on a farm in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia surrounded by my children, grandbabies, and assorted animals. An avid gardener, my love of herbs and heirloom plants figures into my work. The rich history of Virginia, the Native Americans and the people who journeyed here from far beyond her borders are at the heart of my inspiration. In addition to Ameri ...more
More about Beth Trissel...
Somewhere My Love (Somewhere in Time, #1) Through the Fire Somewhere My Lass (Somewhere in Time, #2) The Bearwalker's Daughter Red Bird's Song