Start by marking “Apocalypse: The Lords of Deliverance Compendium (Lords of Deliverance, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Apocalypse: The Lords of Deliverance Compendium (Lords of Deliverance, #2.5)

Apocalypse: The Lords of Deliverance Compendium (Lords of Deliverance #2.5)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  904 ratings  ·  72 reviews
They're here.

They ride.

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

Born of a match between good and evil, four siblings stand between hell's minions and everything they want to destroy. They are the Lords of Deliverance, and they have the power to ward off Doomsday . . . or let it ride . . .

THE LORDS OF DELIVERANCE COMPENDIUM

With an all-new exclusive short story!

New York Times b
Published May 1st 2012 by Grand Central Publishing (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Apocalypse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Apocalypse

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

If you are a Larissa Ione fan and you've been reading her Lords of Deliverance series, do yourself a favor and get this little book! Even though so short, every single word was so enjoyable and it gave me a little glimpse into the everyday life and workings of this complex world created by Ms Ione.

We get to hear it from her as if we were just sitting down talking about how the series came about, who the characters are, and even a list of demons, which wi
Dinjolina
This story made me depressed.

(view spoiler)
♥ Sarah ♥
Eternal Damnation Short Story: (4 stars)
At the end of the Compendium we get a bonus short story that explains how the Four Horsemen came to be created by the succubus Lilith and the angel Yenrieth.

I really enjoyed this. Yenrieth is smokin' hot and Lilith is every bit as seductive and manipulative as you would imagine the succubus who birthed the Four Horsemen would be. The story is pretty short but I was still glued to it from start to finish.

Definitely a must read for fans of the series. Ione d
Kerris
Ja chci taky masozraveho kone, ktereho mi daruje samotny Satan! :D
Ren
May 13, 2012 Ren rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those they that impatient waiting for Lethal Rider
Shelves: 4-stars
Reading this one just make me so impatient to get my hand of Lethal Rider.
And netgalley just decline my request, which is GREAT!!!
I know 22nd May will come, but hell to the yeah, I live in Indonesia, while I must wait 3-4 weeks for the book to come!
Why not buy the ebook, said you?
Is it wrong if I want the paperback version because I want to lick, caress,stare touch the cover , since the model is Paul Marron?

BTW, this compendium is a must read for Larissa Ione hardcore fans, especially if you re
Kathy
Fantastic Treat!

If you are new to the Lords of Deliverance Series, I suggest you do not begin here. I strongly recommend you read the series in order (Eternal Rider and Immortal Rider) prior to reading this novella.

This is a fabulous prequel. The story was very short but also very sweet. While I was a bit disappointed that the novella wasn’t a bit longer, the story itself was solid. The anterior section of the book was very informative. Anything you’ve always wanted to know, or anything you’ve a
Neyra ♦
For all Larissa Ione fans impatiently waiting for the release of Lethal Rider, the third installment in the Lords of Deliverance series, Apocalypse: The Lords of Deliverance Compendium is a must have e-book!

Want more of the Four Horsemen? Larissa Delivers (No pun intended -.-) From character identifications to Demon classifications, Apocalypse is an insider's guide into the world of Demonica. And, an exclusive never-before-seen new short-story about what really happened between the evil succubu
Melanie
This was a great companion to the 'Lords of Deliverance' series!

Filled with lots interesting tidbits about Ione's Demonica world, full bios on all the main characters and a hot(!) novella about the origins of the Horsemen we've come to know and love (or hate as the case may be) this Compendium is not to be missed by fans of both the 'Demonica' and 'Lords of Deliverance' series.

The (too) short story was particularly good and while it leaves the reader with more questions and speculations than a
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
May 21, 2012 Anna (Bobs Her Hair) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Demonica/LOD fans
Interesting information, especially the short story "Eternal Damnation."

Here is a quote to ponder.
"Yenrieth, she whispered. "I swear upon my heart that I will protect your children if I have to go to hell to do it." - Verrine, angel of justice
Filipa
I expected more from this compendium but it still managed to make me curious about the future for both serie - LoD and Demonica.
Lisa
Wow. This book made me want the next book so bad!
Beebs
Rating is for the short story only.
Angie
Synopsis: "They're here.

They ride.

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

THE LORDS OF DELIVERANCE COMPENDIUM

With an all-new exclusive short story!

New York Times bestselling author Larissa Ione brings readers behind the scenes with this definitive guide to her latest imaginativ
Franjessca
Review also posted on Book Lovin' Mamas

This is a short book on Larissa's latest series, The Lords of Deliverance. You'll get to read how she came up with the four horsemen, some demon characteristics..etc, details on the horsemen of course (and some other characters)...Larissa also pulls you into a short story on how the horsemen parents...well...made the horsemen. =)
Don't want to give away who they are if you haven't read the series...or read this book. Larissa even answers some reader questio
Booklover, Indianapolis
(July) Sigh - I love Larissa Ione - I've loved all her books so far (other than Wraith's book, which just didn't work for me). Her world building is amazing - but so complex, and so involved, and so dark and confusing that reading all the spoilers others left on their reviews of this book amazed me - I had no recollection of all the previous details they mention (sorry, don't want to spoil) and while I totally agree w/the conclusions they've drawn, I never would have gotten there on my own! Her ...more
Blysse

This compendium has all the things that you would expect from such an insider’s guide- stats on all our favourite characters, as well as definitions of all the demon species and a Q&A with the author. If you got this as a re-issue, released with Rogue Rider then you get the added bonus of a short story called Eternal Damnation, which tells the true story of how Lilith seduced Yenrieth to fall pregnant with the Four Horsemen, and what her motivations we
gremlin
I didn't read the rest of this, just the short story Eternal Damnation, which shows the succubus Lilith and the angel Yenrieth.

Given that I read this a couple of years after it came out, and shortly before I intend to read Revenant I already know the end story, but this was an interesting look at the origin story.
Carrie
I'm not really a fan of these compendium style books, but the short story in it was what motivated me to read this one. The short story was a really nice bonus that gives insight into how Lilith seduced Yenrieth. We get to see some characters that ultimately get referenced in later Lords of Deliverance books. It's like a little gem that you, as an "insider" get to read because of your super fandom.

Lilith was obviously a sex demon, on a mission to seduce a sexy angel from the moment she sees him.
Bells
Apocalypse is a great read for anyone that is a fan of not only The Lords of Deliverance, but the Demonica series as well! There is detailed background information on each of The Horsemen and anything related to their world. A classification of Demons, locations in the Horseman and Demonica world, and weapons. My favorite part of the ebook was the short story where the reader finally gets to learn more on the legend of The Horseman and how they came to be what they are today. And...the first 3 c ...more
Barbara ★
This isn't a novel or even a short story (though it does have a really short one). This compendium explains the characters, the world, the prophecies, etc for the Lords of Deliverance series as well as the Demonica series. It is necessary information though most of it is explained in each book. This is a nice easy reference guide for all those pesky demons.

It should be read after Immortal Rider but before Lethal Rider as it details some much needed background.
Jeanne
A great little compendium for true fans of Larissa Ione's series. I really enjoyed the blurbs about the Horseman's horses and I also really enjoyed the short story that tells us how Lilith managed to get pregant by an angel to have the Horsemen. I like even better that we get told point blank that after the Lords of Deliverance 4th book, we are going to go back to UGH for more stories. I am so loving these two linked, yet different, series and the ability to read a little short story between the ...more
Lucy *Qhuay's shellan*
OMG! This Compendium just made me even more impatient for Rogue Rider!
I can't wait for Reseph's story! :D

Also, I am so very looking forward to Larissa's new series focused once again on UGH, that will have Reader's book as a beginning of sorts. Yay! :D

Of course I loved reading this and I truly expect every single fan of the Demonica and Lords Of Deliverance series to read it! :D

Now, about Lilith and Yenrieth's story, like Shade would say - hell's fucking bells! :O
(view spoiler)
Jeanie
Nice little Compendium that will give you a bit of extra info on the series and/or sum things up that have happened up to the release of this book. A must have for die hard fans of the series, but not a must read to keep up with what's happening.
Julie Burns
Larissa posted this on her FB wall in Feb ......

Ooh, I have news for my UK/Commonwealth readers! Apocalypse: A Lords of Deliverance Compendium will be released in ebook format in the UK on April 4th! There may be a slight delay for those outside of the UK, but I'll be sure to post when I know for sure. Thank you all for your patience! I'm going to have to arrange for a signing in the UK next year to thank you in person! :)

I can't wait :-)
Marianne
I am glad I invested in this little book. Not only is the encyclopedic part of it handy, but the story of how the four riders of the apocalypse came to be, and Verrine's sacrifice is very touching as well. Puts certain characters in a whole new light. This book is the perfect bridge between Lords of Deliverance and Reaver's book, so I would suggest not reading it until the end of Reseph's story, even though it was published before Thanathos' s book.
Melindeeloo
3.5 stars - for the short story about the conception of the four horsemen, and for the huge aha related to several characters in the series. It looks like there is a whole lot more redemption in the future of the series. As to the rest, it's okay a reference but the character guides and demon dictionary are really just the extras you'd expect to find on an authors website, so it's good that Ione included the short and that the price was so low.
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
**3.5 stars**

Basically an overview of everything Horsemen of The Apocalypse. If you're current with the series, there isn't much you don't already know.

What is interesting is the short story, Eternal Damnation. While the story isn't that great per se, there is a lot of information. Well, interesting information if it's true as far as the angels, Yenrieth and Verrine, are concerned so pay special attention to them.
Jacqueline
Good reference book that provides detailed infomation about the characters ( including angels and demons) from the Lord of Deliverence Series. This short read also contains the story of Lilith and her seduction of the 4 Horsemans' father.
NOTE: Read Eternal Rider and Immortal Rider before purchasing this book. Some of the references reveal facts about the Book 1 & 2 outcomes that may spoil the readers experience .
Denise
Well, this should read 3 1/2 stars... The only reason why I gave the 1/2 star is because of the huge preview to the next book. It's a bit early for a "guide" book for this series since there is only 2 books out with the 3rd book later this month and the fourth one in November.

But then I could be wrong, because I've haven't read the Demonica series that ties into this series?

Short, simple read.

Patricia
A great refresher! I really enjoyed the conception. Of the four horsemen. Now I need to know more about their father and the angel of justice who loved him. These little side stories that explain unanswered questions are just as good as the books. I can't wait to see what your wicked little mind comes up with next. And wohoo for the knowledge that we will be going back to ugh! I love all the characters :)
Larissa Ione Fans: Lords of Deliverance Compendium! 3 42 Jun 01, 2012 02:58PM
  • Forbidden Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters, #4.5)
  • The Asylum Interviews: Bronx (The Asylum Tales, #0.5)
  • Slave to Passion (Firebrand, #2)
  • The Darkest Day (Immortal Heat, #1)
  • Wicked Whispers (Castle of Dark Dreams, #6)
  • Lord of Vengeance
  • 22 Nights (Emperor's Brides, #2)
  • Devil's Gate (Elder Races, #4.6)
  • The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance 2: Love Bites
  • The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld, #9)
  • Kiss of Darkness (Dragonfire #9.2)
  • A Taste of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #9.5)
  • Free Fall (My Immortals #4.5)
  • The Storm That Is Sterling (Zodius, #2)
  • Guardian Demon (The Guardians, #8)
  • Three Schemes and a Scandal (The Writing Girls, #3.5)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Larissa Ione penned her first novel at the age of 13 and hasn't stopped writing since. She has been a U.S. Air Force meteorologist, an EMT, and a professional dog trainer, and you never know when one of those interests will pop into her novels.

She lives a nomadic existence with her U.S. Coast Guard husband and son, so her writing career has been a bl
More about Larissa Ione...

Lords of Deliverance (6 books)
  • Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #1, Demonica, #6)
  • Immortal Rider  (Lords of Deliverance, #2; Demonica, #7)
  • Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3; Demonica, #8)
  • Rogue Rider  (Lords of Deliverance #4; Demonica #9)
  • Reaver  (Lords of Deliverance, #5; Demonica, #10)
  • Revenant (Lords of Deliverance, #6; Demonica, #11)
Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica, #4) Sin Undone (Demonica, #5)

“Yenrieth wanted to lick her dry.

Then lick her wet.”
7 likes
“Just don’t be surprised if you find yourself riding a bolt of lightning if you piss me off.”
“I’m into kinky shit, so that works.”
0 likes