Start by marking “True Witness” as Want to Read:
True Witness

True Witness (Brodie Farell Series #2)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A teenage boy is beaten to death on Dimmock's derelict pier. Detective Jack Deacon is convinced they have the murderer; he just needs a positive identification to lock him up for good. But the only witness is astronomer Daniel Hood, in his own way a man as determined as Jack.

Compelling as the circumstantial evidence is against the suspected killer, Daniel cannot be certai...more
Published December 2nd 2002 by Minotaur Books (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about True Witness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Witness

Eileen Dent
This was a decent story with a few suprising moments. However, I'm unsure why this is a "Brodie Farrell (sp?)" mystery, since she played such a minor part in the story. Her role seemed to be as a background supporting character for Daniel Hood, and a to provide a romantic interest for Jack Deacon. I would consider either of the male characters to be more central to the story.
Kae Cheatham
Bannister is an excellent writer. I don't think this story was as well crafted as Echoes of Lies. I got tired of Daniel being a punching bag. I didn't like the cutesy ending with Deacon and Brodie.
Again, I’m not sure why there’s a daughter. An unnecessary element.
Sally
I have never read any of this series before, but I have enjoyed the author's Castlemere series for years. Although her sleuth did not solve the mystery and was somewhat in the background of the story compared to Daniel Hood, the plot was very enjoyable. I will read more of these.
Andrew & Bethany Owens
Jun 11, 2008 Andrew & Bethany Owens rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mystery readers
This book has a good plot and story line, but not the expressive or descriptive qualities of JK Rowling(but, who could be better than her?). However, the book did hold my interest throughout.
Maegan
This is the second in the series and since I read the first and second in one day each you can see how much I loved them. Definately a series to check out.
Jane Auringer Danjin
Poor Daniel; I don't know how he lives through it all. Very creative plot and it kept my attention all the way through to its unexpected ending.
Cris
Well-crafted mystery; Worthy continuation of 1st novel. Balances between a plot-driven & a character-driven story.
Kelly Walker
2nd in a series but I think this is the last one for me. Can't stand the Daniel Hood character.
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Vesra (When She Reads)
Vesra (When She Reads) marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Nancy Yob
Nancy Yob marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Robin
Robin added it
Apr 21, 2014
Delores Alger
Delores Alger marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Dipankar
Dipankar marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Beckie
Beckie marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
Genny
Genny marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Angela
Angela added it
Jan 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Jo Bannister lives in Northern Ireland, where she worked as a journalist and editor on local newspapers. Since giving up the day job, her books have been shortlisted for a number of awards. Most of her spare time is spent with her horse and dog, or clambering over archaeological sites. She is currently working on a new series of psychological crime/thrillers.
More about Jo Bannister...
Deadly Virtues Echoes of Lies (Brodie Farrell, #1) Death in High Places Liars All Flawed (Brodie Farrell, #7)