Start by marking “The Mammoth Academy in Trouble!” as Want to Read:
The Mammoth Academy in Trouble!

The Mammoth Academy in Trouble! (The Mammoth Academy #2)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Oscar, Arabella, and their friends can't wait to begin their second termat theMammoth Academy. But when they arrive at school on the first day after winter break, there's a threatening graffiti message waiting for them.

It seems the Cave Skool has moved nearby, and its pupils--those wild and dangerous animals called humans--are wreaking havoc. When a huge snowstorm hits and
Published July 21st 2009 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (first published July 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Mammoth Academy in Trouble!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mammoth Academy in Trouble!

A.m. Layet
Short chapters, a tight plot, big friendly beasts, and small, brutish humans who can't spell but like to leave graffiti defacing school walls. What is there not to like in this book? I haven't even mentioned the hand drawn scribbles (sorry pictures) on every page. My son liked it and so did I.
Eva Mitnick
The staff at my elementary school always made an announcement when the local Junior High was letting its students out early. A terrified and excited buzz always immediately filled the classrooms. “The Mark Twain kids are getting out early!” “They’re gonna be waiting outside!” “They’re gonna beat us up!”

Looking back, I don’t really know why these announcements were made, but we all assumed back then that it was to warn us that those big juvenile delinquents would be prowling the streets looking
Jakey
This book was different from the first book because the first book didn't show the pupils from the Cave Skool. And the first book didn't have the escape tunnel. The second book didn't say that Fox was dirty. I wish everyone at the Mammoth Academy got both A and B medals. B would be for Bravo and up, and A would be for Awesome and up.
Hayley
read this book in one afternoon- bad weather! It had a lot of onomatopoeia in it. Was interesting because it had clock alarms. cool book.
Tnb
this series is funny. these were the first chapter books we read as read alouds. Were perfect for 3-7 year olds
Bella
what i learned from this book was that you need to believe in yourself so that other people can believe in you.
Lara
Second grade humor about prehistoric beasts at school who act like humans and the humans who bully them. Light weight.
Apple
Apple added it
Aug 22, 2015
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Kirusaan
Kirusaan marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
May 25, 2014
Jennifer is currently reading it
Apr 17, 2014
Bella
Bella marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Ekanem
Ekanem marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2012
Neal Layton is the illustrator of POOP, EXTREME ANIMALS, WHAT's EATING YOU, and JUST THE RIGHT SIZE, all written by Nicola Davies. Neal Layton lives in Portsmouth, England.
More about Neal Layton...

The Mammoth Academy (4 books)
  • The Mammoth Academy
  • Mammoth Academy On Holiday: No. 3 (Mammoth Academy)
  • Surf's Up: V. 4 (Mammoth Academy)
The Mammoth Academy Smile If You're Human Oscar and Arabella Hot Hot Hot The Story of Everything The Sunday Blues: A Book for Schoolchildren, Schoolteachers, and Anybody Else Who Dreads Monday Mornings