Start by marking “Rage of the Dragon” as Want to Read:
Rage of the Dragon

Rage of the Dragon (Dragonships of Vindras #3)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  254 ratings  ·  29 reviews
From New York Times bestselling authors Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman comes Rage of the Dragon, the action-packed third book in their Dragonships fantasy series.

Skylan Ivorson is the gods-chosen Chief of all Vindras clans. But the gods from whom the Vindrasi draw their earthdwelling power are besieged by a new generation of gods who are challenging them for the powers of
Published April 24th 2012 by Tor Books (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Rage of the Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rage of the Dragon

Beril
Weis ve Hickman hayranı olarak ne yazsalar okumaya çalışıyorum. Ejdergemisi serisi fantastik bir Odysseus öyküsü. Tanrılar tarafından hem kutlanan hem lanetten Skylan ve arkadaşlarının dünyalarını ve tanrılarını korumak için başladıkları maceranın 3. Kitabını da bir solukta okudum. Umarım bu kez seriyi düzgün şekilde bitirmeyi başarırlar çünkü yarattıkları mükemmel serilerin hiç birinin sonu beni mutlu etmedi....
Jim Moller
Tgis was a pretty good 3rd book of a series. Weis and Hickman as usual wrote a great book and I cant wait to see where this series leads us. Skylan is a pretty good lead character but I like Aylaen better and Wulfe ranks up their withlembeck Boltightener as a secondary character. But no one, snd I do mean no one, from any book series can top tasslehoff burrfoot!
Jim
When I picked this up I thought it was the final part of the trilogy, so imagine my surprise when I realized it was instead the third part of a quartet. It does explain why a large part of the first half of the book feels like filler, though. While the main character, Skylan, has grown a whole lot since the first book and has grown into a very enjoyable character, the novel spins its wheels for the first half, especially when it switches POV completely in Book Two. Once it switches back, however ...more
Abel
I love the series, but I hate when you cann't find any information on the next book in the series. This is the 2nd time to start the series not relizing it wasn't completed. I don't always check the computer before I check them out and start reading them. I would wait until the rest of the series come out before starting this series.
Jim Corbiere
Finished reading " Rage of the Dragon " As with every novel by Weiss/Hickman I have loved it. This is supposed to be a six part series but novels 5 and 6 have been cancelled and #4 is in Limbo. I am hoping that they are able to do the 4th novel...otherwise it will be a sadly unfinished masterpiece.
Ubiquitousbastard
Strangely, nothing really happened in this book compared to the previous two. The underwater part was slow, boring, and didn't do anything for me at all. The long parts with Raegar were also more than tedious, I really had to work to get past that part and back to the actual story. I say "story" lightly as it was really just plot cleanup from the previous book and setup for the next book.

Basically this was filler and some transition with a bit of a shock ending that didn't shock me. (view spoile
Chris Nordstrom
Please finish the series...

I love the story, wish I could finish the series. Great storytellers. I have read that the series has been cancelled.
Freda mans
A great adventure!
It doesn't even matter that this is the third in a series and I hadn't read the first two. I admit, at the beginning, some of the references to past adventures were lost on me, but I quickly caught on to it all.
Farinn is my favorite character too! All I can tell you is he's 16 and fae. He is a delight, but not heard from much. I do hope later on there will be a book just about him.
At the end was a sad part, for like a millisecond, then you get another twist. I love when a book
Robbi
Better than okay! The 3rd book and the on-going story is riveting. looking to the next book... what happens next? What a cliffhanger?!
Nathan LeGrand
Great book

I have read the first two and could hardly put them down, now that I got this one I couldn't put it down either. I would suggest it to anyone that loves fantasy. you will find action, romance, humor, and more in this series. the authors know how top weave a brilliant tale of intrigue.
Clueless Morgan
What the h$ll happened??? This book was absolutely awful. I don't even know where to start and I'm feeling a little flabbergasted and when I was nearing the end I realized this wasn't a trilogy and there was no way there was enough room to finish it and all I can say for now is, there's no way I'm picking up the next book. What a waste of my time, ESPECIALLY considering I reread the first 2. Man I'm pissed.
Lindsay
I think the book was disadvantaged by not starting at the beginning of the series. I just didn't feel very absorbed in the story despite having interesting moments. Might be better if I started with book one, but I'll probably move on to something else...
Ryan Zimmerman Carstairs
I didn’t realize this was the third book in the series. I might have enjoyed it more if I had read some of the earlier works. That said its a good, solid story; abet not overly creative.
Kurt Vosper
Enjoying the adventures of Skylan and his friends immensely. D&D Vikings with a magical ship, continuing to adventure and travel the world they inhabit. A good and original tale so far.
Susanna
What a great book! Well worth the wait, not sure if I have the patience to wait for the next! Margaret & Tracy are truly master story tellers!!
David Seymour
I like some of the Norse aspects worked into story. Fun to read but otherwise I was not finding much meaning in the story.
Daniel Palmer
Vintage Weis-Hickman. Good characters and action. A quick and enjoyable read; I am looking forward to reading the next one.
hannah
They are evil! Why did they give us that giant cliff hanger, and then tell us the last book comes out in 2013?
Britt Selvitelle
I'm a sucker for Weis and Hickman. Nothing special, but great mindless fantasy. And there are dragons!
Dan H
This was terrible. I read books 1 and 2. This is #3. I'll have to read #4. Good job you two.
Tina
Not as good as the first 2 in the series. Hard to follow and kinda dull.
John Zullo
Simply amazing. I can't wait to read the last book as soon as it is published.
Kirin Long
Not their best work ever but I very much enjoy following this story.
Jean
Have to read 2nd in the series Secret of the Dragon
Melissa
Oops accidentally read out of order but still good :)
Ross Raiff
Great book, loved the last part of it with Torval.
Jared
This series is getting better.
  • Citadels of the Lost (The Annals of Drakis, #2)
  • The Measure and the Truth (Dragonlance: Rise of Solamnia, #3)
  • Destiny (Dragonlance: Elven Exiles, #3)
  • The Rebellion (Dragonlance: The Stonetellers, #1)
  • The Lioness (Dragonlance: The Age of Mortals, #2)
  • Sanctuary (Dragonlance: Elven Exiles, #1)
  • Das Zeichen des Dunklen Gottes (Ulldart - Die Dunkle Zeit, #3)
  • Return of the Exile (Dragonlance: Linsha, #3)
  • Tides of Blood (Dragonlance: The Minotaur Wars, #2)
  • Prophet of the Dead (Brotherhood of the Griffon #5)
  • Nightchild (Chronicles of the Raven, #3)
  • Dark Thane (Dragonlance: The Age of Mortals, #3)
Fantasy novelist who, along with Tracy Hickman, was one of the original creators of the Dragonlance game world. I've written numerous novels and short stories set in the world of Krynn, as well as series in other, original worlds. These include: Darksword, Rose of the Prophet, Star of the Guardians, DeathGate, Dragonvarld, Sovereign Stone, Dragonships, and the Dragon Brigade. I also wrote two para ...more
More about Margaret Weis...
Dragons of Autumn Twilight  (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #1) Dragons of Spring Dawning (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #3) Dragons of Winter Night (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #2) Time of the Twins (Dragonlance: Legends, #1) War of the Twins (Dragonlance: Legends, #2)