Start by marking “The Ring of Sky (Young Samurai, #8)” as Want to Read:
The Ring of Sky (Young Samurai, #8)

The Ring of Sky (Young Samurai #8)

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  822 ratings  ·  57 reviews
AS JACK EMBARKS ON HIS FINAL ADVENTURE,
WILL HE MAKE IT BACK TO ENGLAND AND HOME?

Published August 2nd 2012 by Puffin

Fledgling by Mark A. CooperThe Recruit by Robert MuchamoreSilverFin by Charlie HigsonCross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally CarterRussian Roulette by Anthony Horowitz
Books Like Alex Rider
208th out of 842 books — 566 voters
Stormbreaker by Anthony HorowitzFledgling by Mark A. CooperThe Recruit by Robert MuchamoreSilverFin by Charlie HigsonSkeleton Key by Anthony Horowitz
Worlds Greatest Teen Spy Novels
437th out of 825 books — 448 voters

More lists with this book...

Ashley
I'm in my mid-twenties and I think this series is the bomb diggity. I know rights have been purchased for a TV series, but these are so good they deserve a major Hollywood blockbuster series. Amirite, or amirite?

Although I enjoyed other books in the series more, this final book was no let down. (view spoiler)
Intan  Musa
Jack's journey brought him to Nagasaki. Along the way, he met Benkei, Junjun, Yori, Saburo, Miyuki and Akiko. Together they helped a village of Christians and were almost burned at the stake. Kazuki also got to know of Jack's whereabouts and ambushed Jack. He was also almost burnt at the stake. But Masamoto came at the last moment to announce that the Shogun had died. And that Jack had been pardoned. Luckily, there was a Dutch ship that was willing to send Jack back to England. Yori and Akiko ag ...more
Barry

The last action filled adventure of this excellent 8 book series.
Jack gets to finally set out for home, but he brings a little bit of Japan with him.

I know that authors bring books and series to an end, but the strength of this is that I want it to continue and to find out what happens next.
Adeeb
Loved this. This series is great! Don't get put off because it's a middle grade series. It's really awesome
Jianne
I hate endings. They ruin my heart.

Well, since this is already the last book I guess I can also comment on the series overall. The first three books were awesome, The Way of the... they really show how Jack develops into a great samurai and his friendship and relationship with his friends and teachers. Book three aka The Way of the Dragon made me cry to no ends.

In the second half of the series, thus begins The Ring of... it was interesting because Jack got to learn how to be a ninja despite bein
Kyle
May 01, 2015 Kyle rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Great read for any young reading interested in martial arts.

In The Ring of Sky, the last book in the Young Samurai series, Jack Fletcher finds himself washed ashore after a fierce storm. His friends, drowned. So alone he must finish his quest to find the port city of Nagasaki where he hopes to find a ship bound for England. Pursued by the Shogun, his school rival, Kazuki and his Scorpion gang, with the bounty on his head growing insanely large, it seems the entire nation of Japan is out to get him. But now Nagasaki is close, only a few days away. Or is i

Gcattan4
Jack just wants to leave Japan and return to England. But after becoming a samurai and fighting against the new shogun, the bounty on his head is higher then ever and every samurai in Japan is out to get his head. So Jack plans to find away to stow on a ship to england. Then, he meets a guy named benkei, a trickster that seems to know his way around japan. The Ring of Sky is a book about honor, fear, and costs of war.
Hari
"The Ring of Sky" by Chris Bradford is about an english warrior called Jack who got shipwrecked on the coast of Japan, he wants to find a ship bound to England so that he can see his sister again but the Shogun, a group of warlords, are after him. So he finds a group of friends he can trust and tries to go to the Port of Nagasaki to find a ship. In the end he reaches the port after a long time of fighting and bloodshed.

Themes:

Friendship
Loyalty
Courage
Hope
Phyllis
young samurai is the best series I've ever read, and it is sad that this is the last book. This book is for anyone who has read the first 7 books of young samurai, and if you have not read any of them yet, you should read the first book, The way of the Warrior.
I finished this book in one day, and it was amazing.
Mayiko
Here we are, the final chapter of Jack Fletcher.
In my opion back to where we finished after book 3.
This book has the same level as the first 3 books.
Exciting, nail biting, indulging writing ...
Old familiar faces rise, new ones, old battles are fought and most important every piece of the puzzle fits in the end.
I loved how the story developed, fun, tragic, excitement, all elements are present.
The ending without much spoiling is just what it needed to be, different of what I actually wanted, bu
Angelica Galanis
this was probably the best book in the series. It has so much action and the author makes you think that someone is dead but they're not, and when you find out you're like " HE HAS TO BE KIDDING ME". this is probably one of the best series I have ever read and I recommend this book to Ava, I really think she'll like it.
Deep
I think this book is really good. I recommend this book for anyone who likes to read adventure books. This is because the story and plot is really good. The story is about a boy named jack who is a English man in Japan and he is Christian. The daimyo of Japan bans all Christian and foreigners from Japan so he has to try to get to the port of Nagasaki. The daimyo knows jack really well and hates him so he put a really big reward for anyone who finds him. On the way he finds his friends from his s ...more
Davis Hitch
I will admit that this book is a little bit more exciteing than the rest. The end is good and predictiable. The dramatic twist doesn't happen really and Jack all of the sudden becomes the gifted Samurai you think he is but never shows it until now. Just lik is the rest of the books he makes a new friend, Is betrayed multiple times, and then almost dies like four times. Through out the book you are supposed to think that his friends are dead yet when you realize they are not you are nots surprise ...more
Artemis
I absolutely loved this series. The ending was a bit of a disappointment to me as well, but the finishing of the series still made me tear up. The series was finished. The end. No more Jack and adventures!

This series really taught me a lot. With many wise quotes, and many wise teachers, every book raised goosebumps. I finished the books a little wiser, a little more grown up. Some quotes touched me greatly.

“Anyone can give up; it is the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together
Svetlana
The book was great! I thought that the author explained everything detail, but I thought he explained the details a little too much! Over all I loved the book.
Luke West
Jack is on the last leg of his journey, but once again he is all alone his friends all died on their boat. But never fear this is a book and books always that carry on straight from the last one in the series usually have tragedies at the beginning but lo and behold he finds an unlikely friend in a magician/criminal. But even worse Kazuki's back for revenge, one of Jack's old teachers cuts of his fingers and he is captured and is held prisoner for the shogun. So will this be the end of the serie ...more
Salim
Jun 03, 2015 Salim added it

AS JACK EMBARKS ON HIS FINAL ADVENTURE,
WILL HE MAKE IT BACK TO ENGLAND AND HOME?

The Shogun has deemed that any Christian or foreigner now discovered outside the bounds of an official trading port will be instantly put to death. For Jack, Nagasaki is within reach, but the Shogun's samurai are closing in with the help of Jack's old school rival, Kazuki, who has a score to settle.

Will Jack make it to the city alive? Will he keep hold of the precious rutter? Can he find a ship bound for England,

Ainul Riz
The ending was really unexpected. I can't believe it is over... Jack Fletcher is a great hero.
Benjamin Hendrian
Nov 25, 2013 Benjamin Hendrian rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone who has read at least the first and fourth books of the series
Shelves: japanese-fiction
This book was very good, and i was lucky to be able to get it from a library in Michigan, tho only one! It is only sold in the UK. Well i finished this book today, and i must say i was very pleased and very sad at how Chris ended the story of Jack and his friends. It fufilled everything that i wanted, but at the end it seems like something was missing, that is why i gave it 4 not 5 stars. It was still a great book, but only if you have read the rest of the series. So over all i recomend the conc ...more
Nate Blanton
I loved this book! I hope he adds more to this series!
Tejas
The Ring of Sky is a fast-paced and action-packed novel, and is an excellent end to the thrilling, dramatic series that began in the Way of the Warrior.
Jim
Cracking read for young adults
Sonic9b
I am surprised that I was actually able to collect and read all the series of my favorite book, the Young Samurai.
As I expected, the resolution was a happy ending and Jack was able to board the ship that sails to England. It was kinda sad when Jack lost his pinky finger by his old teacher, but it was good to see him recover with the help of his friends to be able to grip his sword as if he had all five fingers.
Now that I've finished the series, I will be waiting for the next release from Chris
Justin Nguyen
Feb 15, 2014 Justin Nguyen marked it as to-read
Lloyd
What a great ending to a great series. I remember reading the first book and commenting that it was like reading Shogun-lite. But with each subsequent book it only got better and better and ultimately turned into one hell of a ride! I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again, this series deserves wider recognition. For pure entertainment value, it ranks right up there with Percy Jackson. A wonderful series I will undoubtedly read again. I will certainly be following Mr. Bradford to his next ...more
Leon
Jake West
The last book in the Young Samurai series has come out. It's a short read but I've read the rest of the series and I had to finish it off. It is about how Jack finally makes his last dash to Nagasaki for a ship back to England. It wasn't bad and the last showdown with Kazuki was a bit of a let down but all in all it's a good series. I think if I didn't start the series when I was younger I never would of read this book. If your 10-12 this is defiantly a book for you
Jaysson
this is cool but i cant read it and its triveing me crazy
Christian W
It's really interesting so far, and it's about the history and culture of Japan. There is Samurai and Ninja in this book, and it's about this boy call Jack trying to escape Japan and board a ship back to England. His father was killed by ninja, and so a samurai adopted him. Trained as a samurai, he now has to protect his fathers rutter, which will help him get back to England where his sister awaits him.
Birgitte Bach
Fin slutning på en lang men god serie for unge.
Who thinks there should be a 9th book? 4 15 Apr 22, 2015 03:10AM
  • The Princess of Trelian (Trelian, #2)
  • Hatch (The Dragons Of Laton, #1)
  • Highland Promise (Sisters by Choice, #2)
  • Light In The Barren Lands (Travail Of The Dark Mage, #1)
  • Hunter's Academy (Veller, #2)
  • A Stolen Crown (The Book of One, #2)
  • One Shot Kill (Henderson's Boys, #6)
  • Division of the Marked (The Marked, #1)
  • Balancer (Advent Mage Cycle, #4)
  • 横浜騒乱編<下> - Yokohama Disturbance (II) (Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, #7)
  • The Revenge of Lord Oda (Blood Ninja, #2)
  • The Sorcerer's Ascension (The Sorcerer's Path, #1)
  • Control (Shift, #2)
  • The Secret Prince (Knightley Academy, #2)
  • ソードアート・オンライン11: アリシゼーション・ターニング (Sword Art Online Light Novel, #11)
  • The Last Hunter: Ascent (Antarktos Saga, #3)
  • Psion Delta (Psion, #3)
  • Jacob's Ladder
Chris is the author of the award-winning Young Samurai series. Young Samurai is an action-adventure martial arts trilogy for readers aged 10 plus. The first book in the series, The Way of the Warrior, was released to great acclaim in August 2008. Young Samurai 2: The Way of the Sword was released in July 2009. Young Samurai 3: The Way of the Dragon is being published by Puffin in March 2010.
He has
More about Chris Bradford...

Young Samurai (8 books)
  • The Way of the Warrior (Young Samurai, #1)
  • The Way of the Sword (Young Samurai, #2)
  • The Way of the Dragon (Young Samurai, #3)
  • The Ring of Earth (Young Samurai, #4)
  • The Ring of Water (Young Samurai, #5)
  • The Ring of Fire (Young Samurai, #6)
  • The Ring of Wind (Young Samurai, #7)
The Way of the Warrior (Young Samurai, #1) The Way of the Sword (Young Samurai, #2) The Way of the Dragon (Young Samurai, #3) The Ring of Earth (Young Samurai, #4) The Ring of Water (Young Samurai, #5)