Start by marking “Lover's Instinct (Moon Shifter, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Lover's Instinct (Moon Shifter, #1.5)

Lover's Instinct (Moon Shifter #1.5)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  508 ratings  ·  45 reviews
Lupine shifter Nikan Lawless has it bad for Esperanze Cordona, the sweet and curvy woman who only views him as a friend. But when Nikan is assigned to act as Esperanze’s bodyguard during a weekend education conference, he knows it’s the perfect opportunity to seduce her off her feet—away from the pack.

To put his plan into motion Nikan cancels one of their hotel rooms, giv
Published August 7th 2012 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Lover's Instinct, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lover's Instinct

I read the first in the series and was impressed, it would seem that I like virtually everything KR writes! I am not usually a lover of novellas as they are so too short but this was a fair size and being able to continue with this series made me happy ...more
Jennifer (a.k.a The Book Nympho)
I'm ready to move on to the next full length novel in the series. This was a pretty good novella.
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
The early stages of Nikan and Essie's courtship reminded me somewhat of an S&M relationship with their alpha / beta roles. The progression of their feelings for each other was believable and impressive for a short novella. The flirt scenes are almost as hot as the sex scenes. The plot ties in nicely with what's going on in the series and the ending is satisfying.
Laura Wright
Mmmmm, Nikan!! Nothing hotter than a protective Lupine Shifter! Loving this story..
4.5 Stars

**NO Spoilers

Paranormal Romance + Shifters is simply one of my favorite combinations EVER! The Moon Shifter series hit all the right spots for me. A great pack structure, Hot Alpha males, strong female characters, loads of smexy times and just the right amount of action.

I loved the story line in Alpha Instinct and how it set us up for the rest of the series. Connor and Ana make an amazing Alpha couple =)

Lover's Instinct was a lovely novella. It showed a different kind of relationship, s
Kelly % Books-n-Kisses
Lover’s Instinct was a great novella. But like any good novella it was to short. I really wanted more of Nikan & Esperanze.

Lover’s Instinct takes place between Alpha Instinct & Primal Possession, but can be read as a stand alone. Although I would highly recommend reading Alpha Instinct first.

In Lover’s Instinct we meet Esperanze who is the cousin of the female Alpha. After a string of murders leaves the pack reeling Esperanze decides she need a weekend away. Just a weekend away to regr
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Lovers Instinct was an awesome little novella! It is a friends to lovers story which always work so well for novella length tales. The fact that Esperanze and Nikan had been spending so much time together hanging out as friends allows their romance to move at fast pace. The needed connection and feeling were there just waiting for one of them the make the necessary move.

Nikan decided to make his move. He has finally clued in on the fact that Esperanze is oblivious to his attentions. He uses the
LOVER’S INSTINCT (Moon Shifter Novella #1.5) by Katie Reus

LOVER’S INSTINCT is the August 7, 2012 release in Katie Reus’s Moon Shifter series.

Nikan Lawless is a wolf shifter: an alpha warrior who knows what he wants and he wants Esperanze. With the recent poisonings and deaths throughout the pack, Nikan wants to ensure that the woman, who would one day be his mate and bond-mate, was well guarded and protected. Suspecting the Antiparanormal League is responsible for the series of deaths, Nikan ac
Review also posted on Book Lovin' Mamas
This was a very short and sweet novella that quenched my lupine love just a bit.
I also got a sneak peek of the first chapter of the next book of the Moon Shifter series that comes out next month, "Primal Possession", which I've been counting down to. =)
I had not been able to read for a few days now thanks to errands and school I needed something to read in between college assignments that would take me away from American Government (that happens
Wow... I'm really starting to love this series :)
Although i liked this small addition to the series i'm really sad that it's this short. And i honestly like Essie/Nikan couple a lot more then Ana/Connor couple.
Ughhhh... Why it has to be so short....!!!??
I loved Esperanze's strong character despite her being a physically weaker beta.
And Nikan is just a perfect alpha male, respecting yet protective. (adds to a book boyfriends list) <3
I can't wait until i reach for the rest of the books in this
Michelle McKinney
This is a short novella that follow Esperanze and Nikan right after their packs united and two cousins passed. Esperanze is going to a lecture of a former professor and Nikan is going as protection, or so she thinks. While there her former professor runs into some problems and Nikan agrees to help him get his 'human' friend back. Esperanze and Nikan end up in some action, and find love when they were just the best of friends.

I highly recommend reading this book because it tells about some pack
Carrie Klein
Great fast read

I so enjoy this series and these short stories on the side are great for extra insight in to some of the side characters you encounter in the series. Nikan for all his alpha ways is quite sweet and adored Esparanze's spirit. Despite the fears that she had that he may be like her father Nikan was able to prove that.
There's a reason why I don't usually read novellas--I often don't like the unnaturalness of a story told too quickly. I have to admit here, the author did better than most to make me enjoy the characters and plot. My biggest problem was that the resolution was too quick, too perfect, and with no unseen twists or turns. Still, it was a fun ride.
I liked the couple, their feelings for each other are well shown, but at first the heroine doesn't want the hero because of something she saw between her parents, she thinks about it several times, but then the problem just disappears not to be mentioned ever again? I'd have liked a little bit of closure for it.
Nikan Lawless has decided he wants to mate with Esperanze Cordona. For a long time he has been trying to woo her subtly but Esperanze has him in the friend zone. Nikan decides he needs to take drastic action and Esperanze’s conference in DC makes for the perfect opportunity to claim her. Esperanze on the other hand has definite feelings about Nikan but she sees him as an alpha and Esperanze wants to be a partner not a possession.

This was a really cute story and I was wishing it was longer. I lik
4 Fab Stars

I loved this novella I really loved Nikan. The only problem was it wasn’t long enough I need more! I would have liked to hear a bit about Nikan's history and how he became part of the Armstong pack.

Can’t wait to get started on next book.
Quick and hot. Esperanze and Nickan's story, though shorter than the other books in the series, isn't short in the romance and action department. It's a beautiful suplemental story to the whole series..loved it!
"Lover's Instinct" by Katie Reus. Novella 1.5 in the Moon Shifters Series.

Really, really enjoyed this novella! Loved the characters of Esperanze and Nikan. Begin a novella, the story starts out really fast. Esperanze (Essie) is going away to a conference for the weekend and Nikan has been "ordered" to go with her as protection. Essie thinks she's friends with Nikan, but Nikan knows she's his mate...he's know since he first saw her months ago when he joined her pack. Now he just has to convince h
A fab little novella and a great addition to the series. Just wish it could have been longer, I would have loved to know more about Nikan
I liked this story but i wish the characters had been mentioned more in alpha instincts so it led up to it
I really enjoyed this novella. I enjoyed watching the hero and heroine do the mating dance. I liked the fact that the majority of the book focused on Nikan and Esperanze (Essie). This book has the perfect formula of love, lust, friendship, and a touch of intrigue.

This is the second book that I have read by Katie Reus. I must say I do like the way she writes an alpha werewolf who mates with a strong female. The females she writes are strong, yet soft, nurturing, yet vulnerable (but not needy).

Skye Louise
Cute little novella fit into this series. Loved the characters and plot.
I really enjoyed this novella, Esperanze is Ana's cousin and she is trying to come to terms with the events of Alpha Instinct. When the opportunity arises for her to attend a conference and spend time with some old acquaintances, she jumps at it. Unfortunately she didn't realise this would mean that Nikan, the sexy alpha, would be accompanying her to act as a bodyguard.

The attraction between the two is undeniable, it's a shame it was so short. It certainly wet my appetite for the upcoming Prima
Well planned fast novella. Intense plot and a very nice love story. Great addition to the series.
Avey Shannon
I give Katie Reus' Lover’s Instinct, a “Moon Shifter” novella a 5 star rating, even though it would have been even a better story as a full length novel. The storyline was great, the characters of Nikan and Essie were perfect, we were given a small glimpse into the vampire world, met a jaguar shifter that I hope we will have more information given about in future books or even have his own story and a great lead-in for the next installment.
This was a fun addition to this series. I loved Essie and her quiet ways, loved that Nikan loved that about her and courted her in a way that would break through her walls. His move to accompany her on a trip was a great idea. Even the trouble that they found didn't hurt them, instead by listening to Essie, Nikan showed just how much he valued her, which went a long way to push away any niggling fears Essie had about an alpha mate.
Sheila Grindatti
I'm really liking this author... she's not afraid of diversity and she has sucked me into the story line. She writes great characters that you truely get into and it's just a really fun read. She cut down some of her repetativeness in this book so..... yeah! By the time I finished this book I was all into when and where the next book was coming and I downloaded book 2 and pre-ordered book 3.
Cute little story into the life of a beta and a warrior who feel in love with her. With the turmoil of the first book still fresh in the minds and hearts of the pack, Esperanze just needs to get away. Nikan is desperate convince her to be more than just friends and accompanies her on an adventure that leaves them both knowing what they truly want! Quick read and very action packed!
I liked these 2 characters from the first time I met them in the first book. I really like their chemistry and friendship. I love how Nikan gets all alpha without really being a jerk. He is never mean to Essie, just stern and concerned about her. Even though she is a Beta, Essie has a strong character. I can't wait to read the next story in this series.
Peggy Jw
Loved this mini story with these two =] Was a cute short read that helped add a little more to the overall plot of the series. Essi and Nik are awesome =] The read is pretty short but the addition to the series is nice if you love the series and how the author writes and draws you into the story.
  • Tempting His Mate (Crescent Moon, #3)
  • Pack Territory (Were Chronicles, #3)
  • Wolf Nip (Granite Lake Wolves, #6)
  • Dire Warning (Eternal Wolf Clan, #0.5)
  • Wolf's Valentine (Westervelt Wolves, #3.5)
  • Worth Fighting For (Alpine Woods Shifters, #4)
  • The Werewolf's Wife
  • Leader of the Pack
  • Changed (The Wolf's Den #2)
  • Shadow of the Wolf (Heart's Desire, #1)
  • Lone Wolf (Shifters Unbound #4.6)
  • Mate of Her Heart (Wilde Creek, #1)
Katie Reus is the New York Times, USA Today, & IndieReader bestselling author of the Red Stone Security series, the Moon Shifter series and the Deadly Ops series. She fell in love with romance at a young age thanks to books she pilfered from her mom's stash. Years later she loves reading romance almost as much as she loves writing it. However, she didn't always know she wanted to be a writer. ...more
More about Katie Reus...

Moon Shifter (8 books)
  • Alpha Instinct (Moon Shifter, #1)
  • Primal Possession (Moon Shifter, #2)
  • Mating Instinct (Moon Shifter, #3)
  • His Untamed Desire (Moon Shifter, #3.5)
  • Avenger's Heat (Moon Shifter, #4)
  • Hunter Reborn (Moon Shifter, #5)
  • Protective Instinct (Moon Shifter, #5.5)