Start by marking “Lover's Instinct (Moon Shifter, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Lover's Instinct (Moon Shifter, #1.5)

Lover's Instinct (Moon Shifter #1.5)

Lupine shifter Nikan Lawless has it bad for Esperanze Cordona, the sweet and curvy woman who only views him as a friend. But when Nikan is assigned to act as Esperanze’s bodyguard during a weekend education conference, he knows it’s the perfect opportunity to seduce her off her feet—away from the pack.

To put his plan into motion Nikan cancels one of their hotel rooms, giv
Published August 7th 2012 by Signet

Win a Copy of This Book

• Lover's Instinct by Katie Reus
    Lover's Instinct (Moon Shifter, #1.5)
    Release date: Nov 17, 2016
    Want more of the Moon Shifter series? Enter for the chance to win an autographed copy of LOVER'S INSTINCT!

This alpha shifter is ready to stake his c

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 1 copy available, 280 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Nov 26 - Dec 13, 2016

Countries available: US

Format: Print Book

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Lover's Instinct, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lover's Instinct

Claire Robinson
    Nov 17, 2016 Claire Robinson rated it really liked it
    Shelves: shit-hot-series
    4 - "I don't share..." Stars!

Another great read from the Moon Shifter series, also easily read as a standalone, so don’t let the fact that it’s not the first book from the series deter you.

That-said, there is a lot of mention of things that occurred in the first book Alpha Instinct that made me want to immediately start reading it when I had finished Nikan and Esperanze’s novella, to find out the full story.

"For the record, I want to be anywhere you are."

This is a couple that have been circling
    Book Nook  Nuts
    Nov 29, 2016 Book Nook Nuts rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Book: Lover's Instinct (A Werewolf Romance)
    Author: Katie Reus
    Publication Date: 11/15/2016
    Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
    My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
    Nikan knows exactly what he is doing when his best friend and the woman he want's more than life itself decides she is going to conference out of state he makes sure he is going with her.

Esperanze loves Nikan and has all kinds of womanly thoughts of the tall,dark and handsome alpha male. She also knows he is off limits because she is not a stro
    Dee
    I read the first in the series and was impressed, it would seem that I like virtually everything KR writes! I am not usually a lover of novellas as they are so too short but this was a fair size and being able to continue with this series made me happy ☺
    Carmel (Rabid Reads)
    Feb 27, 2013 Carmel (Rabid Reads) rated it really liked it
    Shelves: novellas
    The early stages of Nikan and Essie's courtship reminded me somewhat of an S&M relationship with their alpha / beta roles. The progression of their feelings for each other was believable and impressive for a short novella. The flirt scenes are almost as hot as the sex scenes. The plot ties in nicely with what's going on in the series and the ending is satisfying.
    Laura Wright
    Aug 15, 2012 Laura Wright rated it it was amazing
    Mmmmm, Nikan!! Nothing hotter than a protective Lupine Shifter! Loving this story..
    Nov 29, 2014 Jennifer rated it liked it
    I'm ready to move on to the next full length novel in the series. This was a pretty good novella.
    Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill
    This is a novella in the Moon Shifter series that can easily be read as a stand-alone book. That's one of the greatest things about this series. You can read them in any order and not be lost.

Esperanze (Essie) is going to a conference in Washington DC and her friend, who happens to be a warrior, too, is going with her as her bodyguard. She really didn't want anybody to go with her since Connor, the Alpha of the pack that she belongs to, needed all the warriors for protection.

Helloooo Nikan! Na
    Rosemary K
    Nov 28, 2016 Rosemary K rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Esperanze Cordona is on an adventure with Nikan Lawless. She's going to an educational conference where she will visit with her college mentor. Nikan is her bodyguard, but he has his own agenda. He wants to convince her to be his mate. Will he be successful? Essie is attracted to this strong warrior. Her biggest concern is that he's an alpha and she's a beta. She won't be dominated like her mother. I was drawn to this couple by their chemistry and their fiery interaction. The story takes an ...more
    ZETTER
    More Than Friends!!!

Nikan Lawless, an Alpha Lupine who had it bad for Esperance Cordona. There was a mutual attraction so when he was assigned as the sweet and beautiful woman's bodyguard during a weekend vacation conference. He saw it as his opportunity to make his move.

Esperance Cordona or Essie (Nikan's name for her) was a sweet, beautiful and curvy shewolf. She was also a beta. Essie was friends with the handsome Nikan. She was attracted to the man but she feared things wouldn't work out bet
    Annmarie
    Nov 19, 2016 Annmarie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Lover's Instinct is book 1.5 of the Moon Shifter Series by Katie Reus. This novella features a mix of paranormal and suspense. As lupine shifters, Nikan is assigned to watch over Esperanze while she attends a conference held by one of her previous professor. Nikan sees this as a perfect opportunity to move their relationship from the friend zone to something more. When rogue shifters threaten her old professor, Nikan and Esperanze promise to help. Nikan is alpha warrior class and Esperanze is a ...more
    Felice Foster
    Nov 26, 2016 Felice Foster rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    This novella is a good quick read. Nikan and Essie have been dancing around each other as Friends for months. Finally, Nikan takes the steps to claim Essie during a weekend outing. Along the way there's some mini drama with a Vamp from Essie's past. I enjoyed the quick read and also Nikan's character. He refused to let Essie deny what was between them without being a jerk about it (well, maybe a little bit of a jerk), but for the most part, he made her acknowledge her feelings. Nice transition ...more
    Becki
    Dec 07, 2016 Becki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Lover's Instinct

I liked this book and look forward to reading more from this series. I've read several books from this author and haven't been disappointed yet. You meet many characters in name only as a beginning to the series. It will be fun getting to know all of them as the series progresses. A great romance with a hot alpha hero and a strong beautiful heroine, add in a little mystery, makes a good read.
    Lisa Lenox
    Nov 21, 2016 Lisa Lenox rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: orphans
    Not a bad little short. Makes me actually want to read more of this series. Considering that in the past I've not been fond of Reus' work, that's saying something.
    Marie Andersson
    Nov 26, 2016 Marie Andersson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Nikan is a yummy Alpha warrior shifter.:)Katie's writing is wonderful.
    Jessica Harrington
    Loved it!
    Dec 06, 2016 Jennifer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: kindle
    I haven't read any of the rest of this series, maybe if I did I might have enjoyed it more.
    Franjessca
    Aug 10, 2012 Franjessca rated it really liked it
    Review also posted on Book Lovin' Mamas
    This was a very short and sweet novella that quenched my lupine love just a bit.
    I also got a sneak peek of the first chapter of the next book of the Moon Shifter series that comes out next month, "Primal Possession", which I've been counting down to. =)
    I had not been able to read for a few days now thanks to errands and school work...so I needed something to read in between college assignments that would take me away from American Government (that happens
    Sandy
    Aug 18, 2012 Sandy rated it really liked it
    LOVER’S INSTINCT (Moon Shifter Novella #1.5) by Katie Reus

LOVER’S INSTINCT is the August 7, 2012 release in Katie Reus’s Moon Shifter series.

Nikan Lawless is a wolf shifter: an alpha warrior who knows what he wants and he wants Esperanze. With the recent poisonings and deaths throughout the pack, Nikan wants to ensure that the woman, who would one day be his mate and bond-mate, was well guarded and protected. Suspecting the Antiparanormal League is responsible for the series of deaths, Nikan ac
    Larissa
    Apr 24, 2013 Larissa rated it it was amazing
    4.5 Stars

**NO Spoilers

Paranormal Romance + Shifters is simply one of my favorite combinations EVER! The Moon Shifter series hit all the right spots for me. A great pack structure, Hot Alpha males, strong female characters, loads of smexy times and just the right amount of action.

I loved the story line in Alpha Instinct and how it set us up for the rest of the series. Connor and Ana make an amazing Alpha couple =)

Lover's Instinct was a lovely novella. It showed a different kind of relationship, s
    Kelly % Books-n-Kisses
    Aug 24, 2012 Kelly % Books-n-Kisses rated it really liked it
    Lover’s Instinct was a great novella. But like any good novella it was to short. I really wanted more of Nikan & Esperanze.

Lover’s Instinct takes place between Alpha Instinct & Primal Possession, but can be read as a stand alone. Although I would highly recommend reading Alpha Instinct first.

In Lover’s Instinct we meet Esperanze who is the cousin of the female Alpha. After a string of murders leaves the pack reeling Esperanze decides she need a weekend away. Just a weekend away to regr
    Vanessa theJeepDiva
    Aug 30, 2012 Vanessa theJeepDiva rated it it was amazing
    Lovers Instinct was an awesome little novella! It is a friends to lovers story which always work so well for novella length tales. The fact that Esperanze and Nikan had been spending so much time together hanging out as friends allows their romance to move at fast pace. The needed connection and feeling were there just waiting for one of them the make the necessary move.

Nikan decided to make his move. He has finally clued in on the fact that Esperanze is oblivious to his attentions. He uses the
    Michelle McKinney
    Sep 04, 2012 Michelle McKinney rated it really liked it
    This is a short novella that follow Esperanze and Nikan right after their packs united and two cousins passed. Esperanze is going to a lecture of a former professor and Nikan is going as protection, or so she thinks. While there her former professor runs into some problems and Nikan agrees to help him get his 'human' friend back. Esperanze and Nikan end up in some action, and find love when they were just the best of friends.

I highly recommend reading this book because it tells about some pack
    Tania
    Apr 23, 2013 Tania rated it it was amazing
    "Lover's Instinct" by Katie Reus. Novella 1.5 in the Moon Shifters Series.

Really, really enjoyed this novella! Loved the characters of Esperanze and Nikan. Begin a novella, the story starts out really fast. Esperanze (Essie) is going away to a conference for the weekend and Nikan has been "ordered" to go with her as protection. Essie thinks she's friends with Nikan, but Nikan knows she's his mate...he's know since he first saw her months ago when he joined her pack. Now he just has to convince h
    Dawn
    Mar 11, 2013 Dawn rated it really liked it
    Nikan Lawless has decided he wants to mate with Esperanze Cordona. For a long time he has been trying to woo her subtly but Esperanze has him in the friend zone. Nikan decides he needs to take drastic action and Esperanze’s conference in DC makes for the perfect opportunity to claim her. Esperanze on the other hand has definite feelings about Nikan but she sees him as an alpha and Esperanze wants to be a partner not a possession.

This was a really cute story and I was wishing it was longer. I lik
    Michelle
    I really enjoyed this novella, Esperanze is Ana's cousin and she is trying to come to terms with the events of Alpha Instinct. When the opportunity arises for her to attend a conference and spend time with some old acquaintances, she jumps at it. Unfortunately she didn't realise this would mean that Nikan, the sexy alpha, would be accompanying her to act as a bodyguard.

The attraction between the two is undeniable, it's a shame it was so short. It certainly wet my appetite for the upcoming Prima
    Ewelina
    Mar 28, 2015 Ewelina rated it really liked it
    Wow... I'm really starting to love this series :)
    Although i liked this small addition to the series i'm really sad that it's this short. And i honestly like Essie/Nikan couple a lot more then Ana/Connor couple.
    Ughhhh... Why it has to be so short....!!!??
    I loved Esperanze's strong character despite her being a physically weaker beta.
    And Nikan is just a perfect alpha male, respecting yet protective. (adds to a book boyfriends list) <3
    I can't wait until i reach for the rest of the books in this
    Tina
    Aug 31, 2012 Tina rated it really liked it
    I really enjoyed this novella. I enjoyed watching the hero and heroine do the mating dance. I liked the fact that the majority of the book focused on Nikan and Esperanze (Essie). This book has the perfect formula of love, lust, friendship, and a touch of intrigue.

This is the second book that I have read by Katie Reus. I must say I do like the way she writes an alpha werewolf who mates with a strong female. The females she writes are strong, yet soft, nurturing, yet vulnerable (but not needy).

I
    Avey Shannon
    Mar 12, 2013 Avey Shannon rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: favorites
    I give Katie Reus' Lover’s Instinct, a “Moon Shifter” novella a 5 star rating, even though it would have been even a better story as a full length novel. The storyline was great, the characters of Nikan and Essie were perfect, we were given a small glimpse into the vampire world, met a jaguar shifter that I hope we will have more information given about in future books or even have his own story and a great lead-in for the next installment.
    Darcy
    This was a fun addition to this series. I loved Essie and her quiet ways, loved that Nikan loved that about her and courted her in a way that would break through her walls. His move to accompany her on a trip was a great idea. Even the trouble that they found didn't hurt them, instead by listening to Essie, Nikan showed just how much he valued her, which went a long way to push away any niggling fears Essie had about an alpha mate.
    Carrie Klein
    Jun 22, 2014 Carrie Klein rated it it was amazing
    Great fast read

I so enjoy this series and these short stories on the side are great for extra insight in to some of the side characters you encounter in the series. Nikan for all his alpha ways is quite sweet and adored Esparanze's spirit. Despite the fears that she had that he may be like her father Nikan was able to prove that.
    • Tempting His Mate (Crescent Moon, #3)
    • Pack Enforcer (Were Chronicles, #2)
    • Wolf Nip (Granite Lake Wolves, #6)
    • Wolf's Valentine (Westervelt Wolves, #3.5)
    • Covert Desires (Alpine Woods Shifters, #5)
    • The Werewolf's Wife
    • Dire Wants (Eternal Wolf Clan, #2)
    • Changed (The Wolf's Den #2)
    • Mate of Her Heart (Wilde Creek, #1)
    • Hunting Love
    • A Highland Werewolf Wedding (Heart of the Wolf, #11)
    • Shadow of the Wolf (Heart's Desire, #1)
    • Running With the Pack (Cannon Pack, #3)
    Katie Reus is the New York Times, USA Today, &amp; IndieReader bestselling author of the Red Stone Security series, the Moon Shifter series and the Deadly Ops series. She fell in love with romance at a young age thanks to books she pilfered from her mom's stash. Years later she loves reading romance almost as much as she loves writing it. However, she didn't always know she wanted to be a writer. ...more
    More about Katie Reus...

Moon Shifter (7 books)
    • Alpha Instinct (Moon Shifter, #1)
    • Primal Possession (Moon Shifter, #2)
    • Mating Instinct (Moon Shifter, #3)
    • Avenger's Heat (Moon Shifter, #4)
    • Hunter Reborn (Moon Shifter, #5)
    • Dark Protector (Moon Shifter, #6)
    • A Mate for Christmas (Moon Shifter, #7)