Start by marking “A Twist of Fate ” as Want to Read:

A Twist of Fate

Has a twist of fate sent her back in time? This is a question which plagues Arianna Ward when she wakes up to find her memory in fragments, like a long forgotten dream.

Everyone claims her name is Annabelle. The year is 1814 and she’s married to Captain Keldon Buchanan, a man who despises her. The more she learns about her life, the more she realizes why she’s chosen to for
Published March 5th 2012 by Amazon (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about A Twist of Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Twist of Fate

Radella
Mar 13, 2012 Radella rated it liked it
Arianna Ward is a modern girl, with a bit of a crush on a gentleman from the distant past. She's not quite sure of anything but her name, as she suddenly finds herself mistress of a 1814 plantation. While she is married to Keldon Buchanan, the very gentleman whose portrait had fascinated her, the marriage isn't nearly happy. One might consider it a bitter, loveless thing. Everyone knows her as Annabelle, a heartless woman. Arianna struggles to remember who she is, while trying to save her husban ...more
Patti Ashley
Aug 23, 2015 Patti Ashley rated it really liked it
Wonderful time travel

Arianna switches places with a truly awful woman in 1812. Struggling to remember her life and prove she is not the horrible Annabelle. Keldon the husband is disbelieving and cruel. The story is well woven into the historic events of the war. Very entertaining.
Lady
Mar 06, 2012 Lady rated it really liked it
An enjoyable story and I will always give high ratings for any book where the author separates out fact and fiction at the end.
Misfit
3/6/12. Freebie today.
Cozen
Jul 19, 2013 Cozen rated it it was ok
I have dropped this book for it's lack of editing. I find that not one but three open ended quotations makes me a little bit edgy. I can really overlook spelling but when there is no ending quotation mark at the end, you tend to read pass the point. This all make it necessary to re-read it over. It was very daunting to say the least.

I also find this story dragging. I find it quite boring and wonder why I was drawn to it in the first place. Oh yeah, I wanted a great romance time travel story. Do
Nancy
Mar 11, 2012 Nancy rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-romance
I loved the idea that someone sent back in time did not share the same name as her 'swap'. Any confusion was solved since the characters of the women were chalk and cheese; the similarity of their names easy to absorb. The haziness of Arianna's memory is just right for me. As a Scot I have to wonder where the Scots dialect/spelling of Keldon's speech came from- I was, perhaps, not meant to find it amusing...but I DID!
Emily
Mar 08, 2012 Emily rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle

This book puts an interesting, yet easy to understand twist on time travel. I usually don't get time travel but it makes sense since arianna only moves through time once.

This is a sweet story that really emphasizes the idea of soul mates... Overall I enjoyed it, but there were some bland parts.

Patricia Spagnoli
Sep 22, 2016 Patricia Spagnoli rated it it was amazing
A Twist of Fate

A Twist of Fate by Karen Michelle Nutt was an interesting an read not overly sentimental and with no unnecessary sex to keep the story going. This is a good historical fiction time travel story. I enjoyed it very much and look forward to reading more by this writer.
Deborah Allen
Dec 06, 2012 Deborah Allen rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this mix of history set in the time of the america civil war. The romance was lovely. Would like to give it 4 and a half stars would give it 5 if for just being picky. Otherwise a good read.
Denise
Sep 25, 2014 Denise rated it really liked it
I liked the twist of the time travel in this book. It's not as cliche as other time travel books.
I have to admit that it was a bit slow in the middle but the ending made up for it.
Adryanna
Aug 22, 2012 Adryanna rated it it was amazing
An amazing story of intrigue, corruption, and inspiration. Love knows no bounds or time limit.
Keki
Keki rated it liked it
May 29, 2015
Stella Hislop
Stella Hislop rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2016
Brittany Ross
Brittany Ross rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Dspb
Dspb rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2014
Brittany Gerlach
Brittany Gerlach rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2015
Missnoname
Missnoname rated it did not like it
Aug 29, 2015
Amanda Michelle
Apr 09, 2016 Amanda Michelle rated it it was amazing
I stinkin' loved this book! I love strong characters, twists, time travel and pirates!
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2014
Sharon pope
Sharon pope rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2016
Debbie Corey
Debbie Corey rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2015
Anna
Anna rated it it was ok
Sep 13, 2016
Khothy
Khothy rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2014
Bhabyann5678
Bhabyann5678 rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2015
JC Mulligan
JC Mulligan rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2014
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2012
Belle
Sep 25, 2012 Belle rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome!!! Loved every page of it...
Hazel Grace
Hazel Grace rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Legacy
  • Wanted - Dead or Alive
  • An Unforgettable Rogue (Rogues Club, #2)
  • One True Love
  • Brazos Bride (Men of Stone Mountain, #1)
  • FREEDOM : The Rake And The Recluse : Part One
  • Edge of Time (Langston Brothers #1)
  • A Moment In Time
  • Swept Away
  • Return of the Rose
  • Yellowstone Redemption (Yellowstone Romance, #2)
  • Just in Time Cowboy (Lost Mine, #1)
  • Simmer All Night (Bad Luck Abroad, #1)
  • Twice a Rake
  • Wild Desire (Wild, #2)
  • Incredible Dreams
  • Bound By Blood
  • The Templar's Seduction (The Templar Knights, #3)
190487
Karen Michelle Nutt resides in California with her husband, three fascinating children, and houseful of demanding pets. Jack, her Chorkie, is her writing buddy and sits long hours with her at the computer.

When she’s not time traveling, fighting outlaws, or otherworldly creatures, she creates pre-made book covers to order at Gillian’s Book Covers, “Judge Your Book By Its Cover”. You can also check
More about Karen Michelle Nutt...