Start by marking “Secrets (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, #8)” as Want to Read:
Secrets (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, #8)

Secrets (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith #8)

3.83  ·  Rating Details ·  1,060 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
It’s the beginning of the end for this epic series in the thrilling final eBook installment, Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith #8: Secrets. Two thousand years ago, Commander Yaru Korsin braved mutiny and desperation—and inspired his shipwrecked Sith tribe to rise up, seize, and dominate the planet Kesh. Now a shocking revelation about those legendary ancestors has thrown t ...more
Published March 5th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets

Alex
Mar 17, 2015 Alex rated it it was amazing
Plot:
Secrets takes place right after Pantheon. The Sith are even in more turmoil. After realizing that they were a lost tribe, they lost all hope. Except for Hilts, who went in search of something at Omen. He believed that Korsin left something there specifically for a time like this. When he got to the temple, he found Illiana there already. They search for the secret, but people come in search of him and Illiana. They are running out of time because their pursuers are trying to destroy the tem
Kristy
Better than some of the series. It did keep my interest better while reading it. I really can't tell if this is going to be the ending of the series or not...it could really go either way. I'm fine with it ending the way it did, the ending was one of the best parts, but it also opens a whole other topic that could be pursued. We shall see, I suppose. :P
Igor
Mar 14, 2016 Igor rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
This one was even better then the last one, continuing story about Hilts and Lost Tribe of Sith, loved it!
Jan 16, 2017 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Miller keeps the momentum going in my opinion. I find myself wanting to jump into the final book in the series. He has done a fantastic job of creating a continuous, yet sparsely separate centuries/millennia, story with characters that are believable and relatable.
Sacha Valero
Jun 13, 2016 Sacha Valero rated it really liked it
This installment follows directly from the events in Pantheon. Varner Hilts and his trusted Keshiri apprentice, Jaye have made it to the site where Omen crashed more than two-thousand years earlier. Yaru Korsin's testament told his daughter Nida that the real power is behind the throne and Varner believes this to be the Captain's chair from Oman which was returned to the crash site.

When they arrive they find Iliana, the leader of the Seelah faction crouched and holding the skull of her long dead
Amy
What I don’t like about these books is their form – as short stories – what I mean is, that reading them as one book wouldn’t work for me because I want to take it sequentially and therefore I’d have to stop at one point and star another book because the last two stories are after some other books, at least according the time-line. And reading them as separate books is also not the same because they’re too short to build up some atmosphere and suspense, not a very good one, though I admit that t ...more
Robb
Mar 13, 2012 Robb rated it liked it
Shelves: essays, star-wars
In this volume of the Lost Tribe of the Sith the tribe is distraught after finding out their ancestors were slaves and not the conquerors they believed them to be. The ripple efect of this revelation caused the Sith factions to turn on themselves and begin a race to extinction. Enter a researcher whose family has been disgraced enough that he becomes a researcher studying the ancient ruins of the Omen spaceship and its first settlers. While the Sith are destroying themselves from within he sets ...more
Jay
Jan 16, 2016 Jay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Hard-Core Star Wars fans
This is a nice end piece to the collection of short stories. It continues from the end of the last story with the Tribe in complete disarray.

This story does a nice job encapsulating most elements from previous stories and setting the Tribe up for a unified future. There is, again, more humor in this story than in previous, and the voice that's relating the story is engaging and compelling.

In general, most casual fans can skip this entire series, but dedicated fans, along with fans of the "Fate o
Jesse Booth
Jun 25, 2012 Jesse Booth rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012

This final book was pretty good, and leaves the door open for another possible return to Kesh. That being said, there was enough closure that i feel there is no real need for another series.

Edit: I just discovered that this is NOT the final book. The 9th and final book will be released laster this month... wondering where they go with this.
Shawn Fairweather
Apr 20, 2012 Shawn Fairweather rated it liked it
This novella wasnt necessarily poorly written or uninteresting however it felt more like a set up to the final entry of Millers novella collection. The final chapter and epilogue pulled me back to the storyline far more than the first couple chapters of this work, and they have increased my interest even more so to read the closing entry.
Ken
Mar 17, 2012 Ken rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A somewhat satisfying ending to the series and had enough action to keep me interested.

I'm still not too sure how I feel about the discovery at the end of the book. It reminds me of what they are currently doing on the manga Hunter x Hunter. It's good that it leaves room for further exploration but at the same time it would be nice to have a better closing.
Jayme
Mar 26, 2012 Jayme rated it it was amazing
Great book and great ending to the series. I have thoroughly enjoyed the entire season. This book is extremely short even when compared to the other books. The story has very little action but manages to bring the series to a great conclusion.
Jenny
Jun 21, 2012 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-wars
Sith are killing each other after learning the truth of how their ancestors came to Kesh. Varner Hilts manages to return to the spaceship, Omen, and finds information to unite them all and save themselves. A very dark series of Star Wars short stories.
Adam Sprague
Jun 09, 2013 Adam Sprague rated it it was ok
Fairly dull ending to an otherwise solid collection of short stories. I can't help but think the author could have come up with a bit more punch for the final volume. I never felt very connected to the characters in the last two installments.
Keith Bell
Jul 08, 2012 Keith Bell rated it really liked it
Realizing that Star Wars is a blend of SciFi and Fantasy. This series is an interesting back story and I like that each book draws on the previous but isn't a direct sequel. More of a jump through history.
Michael B. Cook
Dec 25, 2013 Michael B. Cook rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
+1 to the historians

I couldn't put it down. If you liked the previous short ebooks then you'll love this one. What a great ending treasure found beneath Korsin's throne.
Ryan
May 24, 2012 Ryan rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-wars
This short story was really good. It tied up some loose ends from the series but left a lot open for more in the future. I hope that the author continues the series and doesn't end it like planned.
Adam
Oct 09, 2012 Adam rated it liked it
Not a bad book. It was a good conclusion to the the story and you can't complain too much when it's free.
Christian Smith
Apr 30, 2016 Christian Smith rated it really liked it
Easily one of the best books in the series. Very suspenseful. And is leading up to some really great stuff.
Nick Lawton
Jun 01, 2012 Nick Lawton rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
The entire Lost Tribe of the Sith series was pretty good. It was an interesting unique story and I'm sure it will have significance in the coming Star Wars books.
Tim
May 18, 2012 Tim rated it liked it
About as good as the others in this series--I always enjoy a Star Wars story not focused on the movie characters or lore.
Shawn
Oct 03, 2014 Shawn rated it it was amazing
A very nice read, and the humor introduced in this part was very welcome and helped liven up some of the serious events. Very nicely done.
Jeremy Stephens
Mar 29, 2012 Jeremy Stephens rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-of-2012
I love these Lost Tribe of the Sith novellas. My only complaint about these is that I wish they were all released together as a full length novel rather than several shorter books.
Christian Mitchell
Christian Mitchell rated it it was ok
Feb 16, 2013
Cynthia Grady
Cynthia Grady rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2015
Mara
Mara rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2016
Kuecker83gmail.Com
Kuecker83gmail.Com rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Szombatis
Szombatis rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2013
Stephanie Lorée
Stephanie Lorée rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2012
Jim
Jim rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2013
  • The Hive (Star Wars: Clone Wars, Short Story)
  • Jedi Twilight (Star Wars: Coruscant Nights, #1)
  • Annihilation (Star Wars: The Old Republic, #4)
  • Siege (Star Wars: Clone Wars Gambit, #2)
  • A Practical Man (Star Wars: Boba Fett)
  • Deceived (Star Wars: The Old Republic, #2)
  • Saboteur (Star Wars:  Darth Maul, #1)
  • A Forest Apart
  • Fool's Bargain (Star Wars)
  • Red Harvest
  • Underworld (Star Wars: The Last of the Jedi, #3)
20028
John Jackson Miller has spent a lifetime immersed in the worlds of fantasy and science fiction. He's known for his Star Wars work, including Star Wars: Knight Errant, his national bestselling novel from Del Rey; Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, his e-book series with more than a million downloads; and his long-running Knights of the Old Republic comics series. His Overdraft: The Orion Offensive ...more
More about John Jackson Miller...

Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith (8 books)
  • Precipice (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, #1)
  • Skyborn (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, #2)
  • Paragon (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, #3)
  • Savior (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, #4)
  • Purgatory (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, #5)
  • Sentinel (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, #6)
  • Pantheon (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, #7)