Start by marking “A Day in the Life” as Want to Read:
A Day in the Life

A Day in the Life

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Some people hear about it. Some people talk about it. Some people wonder about it. Stripping. Exotic dancing. Whatever you refer to "it" as, the fact of the matter is, the hustle is a grimy one. Take a look inside the life of Lydia Johnson, for one day, as she embarks on her daily routine.

It is obvious that Lydia is hooked on the convenient cash flow, but will she eventual
Kindle Edition
Published March 3rd 2012

To ask other readers questions about A Day in the Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Day in the Life

Diamond Jones
Short but was a good read....hope there will be a part two.
Shawnda
A Day In Life Review by Shawnda : A Day In Life is a great story it makes you feel emotions that you never knew you could feel while reading a book. This book grab me from page one and did not let me go it just took me on a emotionally ride with a lot of twist and turns on the way. The main character Lydia I Felt her pain, and her struggle, and her desire to want more for herself, and her life. I felt her pain to have her family turn their backs on her, and she had nobody to count on but herself ...more
Stacie
This was an excellent short story. It was based on true events. I enjoy books like that because it feels like the author writes more "from the heart", as if he/she experienced it firsthand. This story was long enough to get you hooked on the story but short enough to keep the story from getting boring or drawn out.
Tiffany Haynes
Reading A Day In The Life was a excellent read I couldnt put it down, it was definitely a page turner!!!
Donna Lewis
Good short read!
DeTerrius Woods
This Day Was Ok

Writing about strippers seems to be the norm for Jade Jones. In almost all of her books there seems to be one and I reckon that's ok. I mean they do say write what you know.

Also, I can tell this is one of Jade's earlier writings because the description wasn't there. It seemed to be lacking in that area as well as a good turn out. The ending was predictable and I wish we would've gotten a name but I'm ok with that. In real life, some people never know.
Shaveta Brock
It was ok

This was an ok short story. Not one o the best books I've read by this author but not one of the worse. It almost put me in the mind of Players Club. I would read the next part of this if there is one.
Deidre
loved this. Haven't read a book that I didn't love.
Yolanda Knight
Very good read. Some people would do what ever it takes to get fast cash. It was a quick read hopefully this story will continue.
Born True Bethea
it was a good short story. TO tell you the truth, it came very close to becoming a bio or an autobiography. It was very real. the problem is with this story, i know it was a short story, but she could've added more information, especially to the characters. Jade was very vague when describing the characters, she could've been more descriptive with the way the characters looked.
Me'Tova Hollingsworth
This was a good read. Jade gives readers an inside view of a day in the life of a stripper name Lydia. Lydia is all about her paper and is very good at using her body to get a lot of it. At the end of a day filled with stripping, lap dancing and paper chasing she finds herself asking the question, "Is it all worth it?"
Shawna
This was a good story, but it was just TOO short. The story is good, and will leave you wanting more, however, it you blink it will be over. Jade's stories are all good, and as soon as I finished this one, I headed over to amazon to 1 click the sequel.
Brittney Green
A very good short story, I was really getting into it and poof it was done...Will there be a longer version coming? I truly hope so..
Kellee
Very good book. I'm just disappointed because it was so short. I would have loved to read more of Lydia's story.
Teaguem2005
This was an unimaginatively described story that has been told, retold & yet told again. Nothing new here.
Sherill
the book was to short but still good
Alisa Durant thornton
Loved it. Now on to next one.
Kieshaboo Mays
all that glitters is good
Kimberly
fast. seems bout right
Ayanna Warren
Ayanna Warren marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Queena Harper
Queena Harper marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Tanisha West
Tanisha West marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Ro Martin
Ro Martin marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Mia2785
Mia2785 marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Dianna
Dianna marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Shakala
Shakala marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
5621924
Jade Jones discovered her passion for creative writing in elementary school. Born in 1989,she began writing poetry as an outlet. She then converted her poetry into short stories. Later on, as a teen, she led a troubled life which later resulted in her becoming a ward of the court. Jade fell in love with the art and used storytelling as a means of venting during her tumultuous times. Aging out of t ...more
More about Jade Jones...