Start by marking “Los extraordinarios secretos de April, May y June ” as Want to Read:
Los extraordinarios secretos de April, May y June

Los extraordinarios secretos de April, May y June

3.72  ·  Rating Details ·  3,401 Ratings  ·  487 Reviews
April tiene premoniciones. May puede hacerse invisible. June lee los pensamientos. Son tres hermanas que han de ajustarse tanto a sus recién adquiridos poderes como a su vida en el instituto. Por si eso fuera poco, April tiene una premonición: ve a su novio con June en un accidente de coche. ¿Qué hacen ellos dos juntos? Y, sobre todo, ¿puede hacerse algo para evitarlo?
Published March 13th 2012 by La Galera (first published June 1st 2010)

Cara
Nov 13, 2009 Cara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cara by: Ash
Shelves: fantasy, 2010, siblings
This book was hilarious . I don't mean haha that's ironic sort of way; I mean the burst out laughing and people look weird at you in public way. I would have to say this would be one of my highly anticpated books this year. Here we have three sisters who are named respectively April, May and June, and all are a only a year apart from each other in age. I have two sisters and we all only a year apart too, so I wanted to see how the author would represent a relationship like that. You are kind of ...more
Brierly
I really love Audrey, Wait!, so I was happy to pick up a second Benway novel. I think the names could be annoying, but both Benway novels I've read had a way of twisting cliche and making it fresh again. Ideally, you'll bond with one sister and follow her story throughout. I thought the portrayal of a three sister family was accurate in dialogue, but then again, I'm an only child. Three and one half stars. I would recommend reading Audrey, Wait! instead.
Kirsty-Marie Jones
No está mal, lo cierto es que no esperaba que fuese tan entretenido ^^ 3/5

Sarah Marie
The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & June by Robin Benway

4 stars

April, May, and June are sisters. Yes, they know that their names are totally cliché and ridiculous so you don’t need to point it out to them. After dealing with their parents divorce, they find themselves living in a new house in a place where they don’t know anyone. One day they wake up and strange things start happening to them. It soon becomes clear that they have ‘superpowers’ or some kind of weird ability. April the

Clementine
Nov 26, 2010 Clementine rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, ya, 2010
April, May and June are three sisters whose parents are in the middle of a divorce. Their mom uproots them and moves them to a new town, where they have to navigate the highs and lows of high school. When they recover special powers they had and lost as children, the three girls realize that while they can use the powers to their advantage when dealing with the woes of high school, the powers might serve a greater purpose, too.

Benway is a strong writer with a sharp wit and good technical skill.
Isamlq
Mar 10, 2011 Isamlq rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is very easy to like. The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May and June contains exactly what its the title says. There’s the eldest, April. She can see the future. Next is May; she turns invisible (What’s not ironic about an invisible girl reading about the Invisible Boy?) Then June. The baby of the three- she reads minds.

All these powers are discovered (or rediscovered?) on the first day of school. So to say that it starts when their old life “ends” and new life begins is both convenie
Kristy
Oct 28, 2010 Kristy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Street corner tbr challenge
August pick #1 per Flannery

Spoilers mixed about:

Meet April, the oldest sister. She's overprotective, bossy and in charge. She has recently started to have visions of the future. They are freaking her out and now her sisters reveal their "powers" as well?!?!? April is in a constant state of freaking out. She is tightly wound.

May is the middle sister. She has middle child syndrome to the max. Since the divorce of her parents (recently), May has been seclusive. Dissapoin
Pammy
Sep 08, 2011 Pammy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
If you are a teenager, then you will probably love this book.
If like me, you are just an adult curious to see what the book was about (or persuaded by your fourteen year-old sister that it's "the best book I've read all summer, and "TOTALLY worth it") you will be entertained, at most, but honestly not fascinated.
The book isn't horrible, it's actually pretty funny and engaging and I laughed out loud a couple of times.
The plot, however, and the characters are created for a YA audience. I also felt
Suzanne
Nov 14, 2010 Suzanne rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gave-up-on
I really liked Audrey Wait, but I decided to abandon this one. I was really disappointed since I was expected to enjoy it as much as Benway's first book. I did give it well over a hundred pages, but I am trying to be okay with not finishing a book just because I started. If I don't care what happens next, why waste my time, right?

April suddenly develops the power to see the future, May can make herself invisible, and June can read minds; but the girls generally come across as so vapid and oddly
Therese
Jan 19, 2016 Therese rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
I don't really remember when I finished this, just that it wasn't nearly as good as I hoped.
Robby
Mar 24, 2010 Robby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I do not know how to write this review. I don't know what to say about this book because, honestly, this is just one of those books that speaks for itself.
Robin Benway's writing is funny and honest, fresh and unique. Every sentence is witty and hilarious, all of her characters layered and dynamic. The story is always moving, hundreds of different stories all playing out at once.
She has a gift, much like the three sisters this book is about.
In Audrey, Wait!, Robin's first book, she burst on to th
Joni Thomas
I was super excited when I opened up the envelope from Razorbill and saw this book! I read Audrey, Wait! a few months ago and I LOVED it, so I was excited to read Robin Benway's new novel. I flew through this book. It was so different from Audrey, Wait! but that is a good thing. That means that the author has the ability to write about a variety of subjects.

It was so easy to just dive right into the characters lives and right away I got a feel for dynamics of the family. April, being the oldest,
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
For more info and reviews please visit my Book Review Blog here - A Life Bound By Books

The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May & June by Robin Benway was a cute, fun, light hearted read with sisters so different from one another that everyone should have no trouble finding one to relate to. From the author who wrote “Audrey Wait” – Benway has taken writing from a teen girl’s point of view to a new level with the addition of superpowers.

One of the great things about reading this book was th
Steph Su
Nov 09, 2009 Steph Su rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cover-lust
At long last, Robin Benway, author of one of my favorite and most hilarious YA novels, Audrey, Wait!, has come out with her sophomore novel. THE EXTRAORDINARY SECRETS OF APRIL, MAY, & JUNE is (what else?) extraordinarily different from her debut novel, but its mixture of witty teen angst, sibling relationships, and magic should still make this a hit with readers of all ages.

The strongest part of THE EXTRAORDINARY SECRETS OF APRIL, MAY, & JUNE is the witty dialogue that the sisters throw
Lauren
Nov 09, 2009 Lauren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
From a brilliant premise, to spectacular writing, to relatable and witty main characters, there leaves no doubt in my voice when I say that The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & June is hands down one of the best books of the year.

Each character is crafted in a way that makes them jump right of the page from the start and became a part of you as you see their story unravel in front of you.

I really liked the fact that each stood on their own with their unique personalities. Since, I ha
Valerie
Oct 28, 2010 Valerie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Valerie by: Ash
Three sisters one year apart who find out they have powers. Very funny, sarcastic, and kind of sweet. Good thing Benway distinguished the perspective of each sister so it didn't feel like the same person with different names.

The Sisters:
April is the oldest so is of course the responsible one who seems to be such a stickler, has a tendency to be bossy, and feels responsible about everything. Her power is seeing the future. May is next and she is a loner, a hermit if she didn't have to go to scho
Caroline (Words & Whispers)
Nov 04, 2010 Caroline (Words & Whispers) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of John Green and looking for a light read
Shelves: reviewed, my-library
One of the greatest things about Robin Benway is that she sounds just like a teenager. I swear, her writing is interchangeable with half the kids in my school. Anyways, ESOAMJ (geez that's long even as an acronym) was a light, easy, good read. April, the smart, worry-wart oldest sister, who has the power to see the future, was funny at times, and I loved her romance with Julian. They were just so cute together, or even not together. June, the overconfident, snobby youngest, who can read minds, w ...more
Reading Vacation
REVIEW

Sisters share a special bond. In this case, that bond is especially deep. April, May, and June share the gift of magic.

I absolutely loved that the girls’ powers fit in perfectly with their birth order. April, the oldest, endlessly worries about her younger sisters. Having the power to see the future helps April focus that worry. May, the middle child, is a loner and barely gets noticed. It totally makes sense that she should have the power to disappear. And June, the youngest, longs to ke
Laura (Booksforbreakfast)
Definitely a great summer read!

I haven't heard many things about this book but when I read the summary, I thought to give it a try and I'm pleased I did. I really enjoyed this book, I laughed out loud many times over the banter between the three sisters. There was a mix between humor and serious issues, I think it's great for teen girls to read. These girls are who they are and they don't change for anyone.

The writing was really good and flowed nicely. The humor was tasteful and there was good m
Shanyn (Chick Loves Lit)
First, I LOVE THIS COVER. Love it. Before I even knew what it was about or read anything about it at all, I loved the cover. Once I actually got to see it in person, I had to start reading it right away because I loved the cover so much.

Now that I am done reading it, I can also say I LOVE THIS BOOK! The title "The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May & June" very accurately describes what the book is about, and much to my pleasant surprise the book is split up by chapter - one chapter written
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Jul 18, 2012 Christina (A Reader of Fictions) rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Christina (A Reader of Fictions) by: Amy
THE CUTE. That is what this book is. So freaking adorable. I’ve read one Robin Benway book before this, but I tried the audio, and I feel like the adorbs did not translate quite as well to the audiobook format. Anyway, I totally understand why people want Benway books with their cuteness. Also, I totally will use the words cute and adorable until they cease having any meaning throughout the course of this review, so deal with it. Honestly, it’s Robin Benway’s fault, because all I can say is CUTE ...more
Crystal Lucke
Nov 06, 2014 Crystal Lucke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What a book. First I read it in less than a day. IT was the type of book that sucks you in and you don't want to ever put down! The book was very well written, with characters that if you personally couldn't relate to, you at least know someone that you can relate them to.

3 sisters, extremely different, yet they share this one major secret. Reading how they grow to not only control themselves, but to love each other more, and to open up to those in their lives. It gave me good feelings.

I w
CalypK
Jan 09, 2013 CalypK rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Para pasar el rato
Recommended to CalypK by: Nadie
3.5
Terminado de leer 18/07/2013

Entretenida, ligera y sin pretensiones. ¡Hacía tanto desde una lectura así!

Tanja Voosen
Buchgestaltung

Mir gefällt die deutsche Aufmachung irgendwie besser. Die Englische zeigt mal wieder nichtssagende Mädchengesichter und auch, wenn diese durch die Farbe etwas interessanter als sonst aussehen, so ist das Cover einfach nur Durchschnitt. Die deutsche Aufmachung trifft den pfiffigen, lebendigen und bunten Kern der Geschichte sehr gut, auch, wenn das alles gar nichts mit Strand zu tun hat.

Meinung

April, May & June – Das Buch über die drei Schwestern stand schon etwas länger auf mein
Tina
Original post at One More Page

I don't have a biological sister, so I don't know how it feels to have one (I do have a very awesome sister-in-law, but that's for another post), so I often live vicariously with books with sisters. When I first heard of The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May and June by Robin Benway, I wanted to read it not only because I really enjoyed her other novel, Audrey, Wait! , but because of the magic realism and the sisterhood angle. I figure it's a fun novel with all t
Ellen
I had never read anything by Robin Benway before I became obsessed with her Tumblr "The Songs that Saved Your Life." Worth checking out for the music alone, but when I found a brief summary of "The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, and June" hidden in amongst the song discussion, I knew I had to take a look.

The premise was right up my alley, and though I didn't fall in love quite as hard as I'd lead myself to believe, I still found plenty of things to enjoy about the story.

I have a sister my
Maru
Feb 01, 2013 Maru rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 2.5

I read this book because I was in the mood for a lighter novel that I could get through pretty fast. Originally I had put this book in my to-read after having read Robin Benway's Audrey, Wait! which, while nothing super original or groundbreaking, was a book that had me laughing out loud, and really rooting for all the characters involved. I was in the mood for something exactly like that, and that's how I came to read The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May and June.

This isn't a bad
Splash Of Our Worlds *Yiota*
There are some books that i liked so much when i've read them, that i wish i had read them earlier. And The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May and June is one of them. I found out about it by mistake. Hadn't read any other review about it. I liked the summary and the cover ( it's so colorful and simple!) really grabbed me that i just needed to see what was really about.

The book is written in the POV of all three sisters. Every chapter a different one, starting by the older to the youngest (Apri
First Novels Club
I fell in love with Robin Benway's writing in her hilarious debut AUDREY, WAIT!, and I couldn't have been more excited to read AMJ. I mean, three feisty sisters with magic powers? Awesome.

My top five reasons why you should check out AMJ:
1. Three narrators.
This lets you get into the heads of these very distinct sisters, and it gives you the full picture, especially since they're all a bit stubborn and occasionally closed-minded!

2. Hilarious dialogue.
It's where Benway's writing shines. Witty and
Dead Poets Society: The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & June 13 15 Feb 16, 2012 06:36PM
  • The Julian Game
  • Tweet Heart
  • Confessions of the Sullivan Sisters
  • I Now Pronounce You Someone Else
  • Life, After
I'm the author of "Audrey, Wait!", "The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May & June", and the AKA series. My new book "Emmy & Oliver" will be released on June 23, 2015. I live in Los Angeles with my extremely stubborn shih tzu, Hudson. I've gotten a lot better at cooking. I still love coffee. We should be friends.

Also, I never use this Goodreads account, so if you'd like to contact me, feel
More about Robin Benway...

“You have no idea how crazy I am, I should be wearing yellow Caution tape, I'm that bonkers.” 85 likes
“It's OK to not be OK” 55 likes