Start by marking “Victim (Emily Taylor Mystery #2)” as Want to Read:
Victim (Emily Taylor Mystery #2)

Victim (Emily Taylor Mystery #2)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  9 reviews
VICTIM (An Emily Taylor Mystery - Book 2)

Ancient evil comes in many forms…

School principal Emily Taylor is caught up in the inexplicable disappearances of two well-known woman and the violence linked to a disputed land claim.

When the legendary Walking Bear appears, she must also deal with the resurrection of an ancient legend and the terrified and unnerved villagers of th
Published November 1st 2011 by ImajinBooks (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Victim, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Victim

Sharon Michael
This is a very absorbing, well crafted mystery that details the conflict and tensions between the modern world and small town populations as well as the modern Native American conflicts. Very well done, with a light touch on the mysticism.

The plot seemed a little thin in some respects (map to a gold deposit?) but the vivid descriptive writing and individualism of the characters were very strong.

My only personal issue with this book is the "secret" that is hinted at but not revealed about the mai
C.L.
I'm new to this series, but I thoroughly enjoyed VICTIM and will definitely be reading the others. Emily Taylor is an engaging protagonist and I loved the sense of community in Burchill. The descriptions were so detailed that reading this story was like taking a holiday in a peaceful Canadian village -- that just happened to be in the midst of an intriguing mystery. As a historian, I loved the inclusion of Ojibwa lore and tribal history. The characters were multidimensional and the relationships ...more
Joyce Lavene
I really enjoyed reading Catherine Astolfo's book, Victim. Emily Taylor is a well-defined character who gets the job done. The tale is shared by Emily and Frieda, a Native American woman. It is full of Ojibwa legends and lore that I adored! I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series!
Liz Bugg
Victim is the first Emily Taylor Mystery I have read, but it won't be the last. Astolfo creates a welcoming setting with a sinister undertone, just right for the dastardly deeds that unfold. The plot keeps you guessing, and I particularly enjoyed the use of native folklore.
Linda
Thisw book was not that enjoyable...too much Ojibwa legends and weird stuff...not really into that but I was determined to finish it so that I could see what happened. Still disappointing...glad it's done!
Lori Henrich
This was not so good for me. I only finished reading it because it fit one of my challenges. Doubt I will read anymore.
Cindy Boepple

Enjoyed this book very much. Loved the characters and the story. Suspense and kept you guessing until the end.
Mary Meyer
Native Canadian lore mixed in with the mystery. Very good read. I plan to read more of this series.
Etta
Had some odd spots - that didnt make sense with the rest of the book.
Lory Riddlemoser
Lory Riddlemoser marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Debra Barstad
Debra Barstad marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Jason Stuckless
Jason Stuckless marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Dianne
Dianne marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Anita
Anita marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Dawn Allman
Dawn Allman marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Lora Allen
Lora Allen marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Kitty
Kitty marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Shannon Velazquez
Shannon Velazquez marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Cinlar
Cinlar marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Joe Peterson
Joe Peterson marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Chris Winfield
Chris Winfield marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Deb Sharp
Deb Sharp marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Catherine Astolfo retired in 2002 after a very successful 34 years in education.

Catherine is a past President of Crime Writers of Canada and a Derrick Murdoch Award winner (2012). She was a Zonta Club 2012 Nominee for Women of Achievement.

Writing is Catherine’s passion. She can recall inventing fantasy stories for her classmates in Grade Three. Her short stories and poems have been published in a
More about Catherine Astolfo...

Emily Taylor Mystery (4 books)
  • The Bridgeman (Emily Taylor Mystery #1)
  • Legacy (Emily Taylor Mystery #3)
  • Seventh Fire (Emily Taylor Mystery #4)
The Bridgeman (Emily Taylor Mystery #1) Sweet Karoline Legacy (Emily Taylor Mystery #3) Seventh Fire (Emily Taylor Mystery #4) The Emily Taylor Mystery Bundle