Start by marking “On Thin Ice (Ariel Estates #1)” as Want to Read:
On Thin Ice (Ariel Estates #1)

On Thin Ice (Ariel Estates #1)

3.26 of 5 stars 3.26  ·  rating details  ·  241 ratings  ·  52 reviews
Silas Murdock, lion Pride leader of Ariel Estates, is on the trip of a lifetime, big game hunting with his entourage in Alaska. Everything had been perfect right up until a freak storm barreled into the area ruining their plans followed by an assassin’s bullet plummeting them into the frozen tundra.

Enter wolf shifter and former pack physician, Theodor Lucas. Returning from
Published February 29th 2012 by Resplendence Publishing (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about On Thin Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On Thin Ice

SheReadsALot
I don't know about you but when a freebie is actually a solid read, I am pretty happy.

And I ate this book up. Was it flawless? Nope. There were a couple editing issues but it did not detract from the story. Plus the mushy hint of MANTEARS towards the end from the alpha...not a favorite of mine.

BUT the story was solid. A few tweaks here and there to make the standard cat/dog shifter trope slightly different. This isn't a mind blowing book but definitely something this shifter romance enthusiast l
Patricia
If an author is going to write a story that takes place in the Alaskan Bush, that author needs to either spend some time in said Bush or talk extensively with several people who have. My first uneasy suspicions arose when Lee described the plane that eventually crashed. Those suspicions increased when she described the area where the cabin was located and the cabin itself, never mentioning the need for the off-grid facilities that type of area usually demands. When she described a sled that had ...more
Serena Yates
Interesting characters, a mystery to solve and a plot with a twist – what a great way to start a new series. While Silas and Theo are shifters, that plays less of a role in the way their relationship develops than the kind of men they are; it was more of a background fact that determined their character than a real influence on what happened. I liked that a lot, and enjoyed reading a shifter book where the romance developed independent of a ‘mate bond’.

Theo is a heart-breakingly lonely doctor w
Lasha
On Thin Ice tells the story of Silas Murdock, a lion shifter who while on a trip to hunt big game in Alaska is involved in an assassination attempt on his life on the return plane trip home. The plane crashes and everyone on board dies except Silas, who is then rescued by wolf shifter, doctor and recluse Thedor Lucas. As Theo nurses Silas back to health, they begin a relationship built on the knowledge that they cannot be together (inter-shifter politics) and the fact that Theo doesn’t want to l ...more
Ami
Silas is a leader of a Pride. When an assasination attempt to his life failed, and his plane crashed, Silas is saved by Theo, a wolf-shifter doctor who went away from his pack because of a tragedy that happened to his lover. Silas suffers from amnesia as Theo treats him. Attraction flies between the two guys; but Silas's life is still threatened ...

This seems like a first of series. I know that amnesia could be a cheesy theme, but I can't help to like it. The story is not long, there's some sort
k reads
This is my second Jessica Lee book and probably the last.
It's poorly written, cliched and has plot points that make little sense.

Lion shifter Silas survives the attempt on his life but ends up with amnesia. He doesn't remember that he is a shifter and the first time he starts to shift, he freaks out big time. I didn't understand why Silas would assume he was human. Why is that the default for a shifter with no memory? Even if he doesn't remember that he's a shifter, when faced with it, why woul
Chris
Good paranormal m/m romance about a lone wolf shifter/doctor in the Alaskan wilderness who rescues the amnesiac sole survivor of a plane crash. Who and what is the man he rescued... and was he responsible for the crash?
Sunny
Good story that would have been better as a longer novel. Too much happens off page, usually within time jumps, and the story felt incomplete.
Jenni Lea

A nice, light read that kept my attention throughout and caused me to want to read the rest of the series.
figuranta❤️addicted❤️to❤️books❤️
I never read m/m with shifters but WOW SO FREAKING HOT.

I loved it. This series def deserves a go.
Antonella
Basically a DNF, that is: I skipped a lot.

Positive points: shifter story with no mate trope; addressing ''shifter racism'' (no relationships with other kind of shifters). It was for free, but I feel compelled to give an honest review.

For the rest there were too many pet peeves of mine: insta-love + fuck fest, predictable plot, abrupt ending, mistakes: I feel prostrate each time I find ''prostrate'' for ''prostate'' in a m/m book. And apparently there are also factual mistakes about with Alaska,
Sammy Goode
The setting is Alaska. The opening: Caribou hunting and a few days of hanging with the guys. To the naked eye, this would seem like a normal “guy” storyline except for one niggling detail: these men are actually Lion shifters. Before they can get their shift on, so to speak, a storm moves in, necessitating the need for an early flight back to North Carolina. As the men prepare to leave Alaska, we find out that the Pride leader, Silas, has actually been the victim of several death threats and tha ...more
SueM
A short hot M/M shifter romance between Silas, leader of a lion pride, and Theo, a wolf in self-imposed exile.

Silas, the sole survivor of a plane crash in the Alaskan tundra, is rescued by Theo, a physician living apart from his wolf pack. Despite suffering from amnesia, Silas is definitely attracted to Theo, and a bond quickly develops between them. Nothing prepares them though, for the way Silas's memories come rushing back, nor the way those memories will impact their lives.

There ar
Katrina
What happens when a cat, thrown from a horrible plane crash is found by a dog? Well that’s a little simplistic, but when a lion shifter and leader of his pride is thrown from a plane crash and is found by a wolf shifter that happens to be a doctor naturally there’s going to be an adventuresome romp.
Silas Murdock is the leader of his pack, but unfortunately someone is his pack is out to make sure he doesn’t come back from an Alaskan hunting party. Luckily for him, Theo is in the right place to s
Ro Dubose
Lion Pride leader Silas Murdock is not a coward by any stretch of the imagination. However, Silas did regret his rash decision to allow a stranger to travel along with some of his pride members. That last minute judgment resulted in the loss of lives from an assassin’s attempt to murder Silas, as well as the plane crash. Silas, too, would have died had it not been for Dr. Theo Lucas, an Alaskan wolf shifter.

On Thin Ice is the first book in the Ariel Estates series. The plot is a budding romance
Naima Simone
I thoroughly enjoyed On Thinc Ice by Jessica Lee. Admittedly, I am not a M/M romance reader because it's just not a genre I read often. But this book was more than m/m, m/f, m/m/f or whatever combination you want to throw in there. It was just great romance! I loved that both Silas and Theo were sexy, independent men in their own right, and brought so much to each other. I personally wouldn't have minded being trapped with either one of them...or both of them, as the case may be. LOL! Can you sa ...more
Eva Millien
The first book in the erotic m/m paranormal Ariel Estates series scorches the reader with romance and intrigue.

Pride leader Silas Murdock’s trip of a lifetime is interrupted by a freak storm and by an assassin’s bullet that causes the plane to plummet into the frozen tundra. Former pack physician, Theodor Lucas witnesses the crash and finds Silas unconscious and barely alive and takes him to his home to care for his injuries. Silas awakes with no memory of whom or what he is, but he knows that h
Sandra
2.5 stars This was OK. I liked the development between Theo and Silas as Silas healed and they got to know each other. (view spoiler) Although Theo's attitude and the way he talked to himself initially made it seem like he was on ...more
Veronica /  V
Because I'm reading book one and two in one go, I didn't mind the abrupt ending.
But, this is another book that focus too much in the sex scenes instead of the real issues of the pride. I hope book two will be better.
Meggie
I didn't like this story. The main plot is way to undeveloped. As for Silas and Theo, they were to bland and boring. The storyline is drawn way to much around sex. I was glad when it ended!
Isla James
3.5stars very good story but several loose ends. Looking forward to next in the series.
Secretly Reading
ON THIN ICE is a good MM romance which doesn't rely on the mate trope to develop the romance of the two shifter leads.

Silas is the alpha of the North Carolina lion shifter pack vacationing in Alaska when an assassination attempt crashes the plane he's on. Wolf shifter Theo finds Silas who has amnesia and nurses him back to health. But can a dog and a cat ever have a relationship?

Shifter romances almost always rely on the mate trope to bring the leads together. That this novella doesn't rely on t
Styles
I presume you know what the book is about. I'm letting you know what I liked or disliked about it.

You know how there are simply those authors you know you're going to enjoy reading? Well Ms. Lee is that type of author for me. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. She is truly every bit as excellent an author as the any of the big names out there.

Enjoyed the read and here's a couple, two - three quotes I loved the most.

"Still lost as a motherfucker." -- oh, yes - that kinda inner dialog alw
Thomaidha Papa
Silas is a copper hair, green eyed, lion-shifter, gorgeous man, leader of his Pride and bisexual. That last thing is perhaps a cause for trouble for him. His vision for the Pride, the freedom he wants to give to his people is not viewed with acceptance by everyone. An assassination attempt during the ride home from a hunting trip clarifies that. He has an enemy back home wishing him dead.

Theo is white blond, with beautiful blue eyes, a doctor, oh and yes! He is a shifter too. A wolf-shifter. He
Omega696
I loved Theo. He was a sweet guy, still healing after his last relationship that ended in a tragedy.
He's not all too happy when the plane crashes neer his cabin and he's forced to go on a rescue mission.
If someone survived.
And there is indeed just one man there Theo is capable of saving.
The only problem is the said man doesn't remember his own name and his past may hide some secrets that will endanger Theo's very life.

I liked the book, thought the mystery was... not very mysterious.
Sophia
A shifter romance with some intrigue and forbidden romance thrown in for good measure. I enjoyed the tension created by Silas' memory loss and the mystery of who was trying to kill him. Theo's past & his situation made him so appealing. I just wanted him to be happy. I found both characters engaging along with their romance. The ending place for them was a refreshing change and made sense for their situations and differences. Nice beginning to the series.
Ana
Donna J
One of the better freebies I have read in a while. It held my interest from start to end. I was sucked it at the beginning and had high hopes it was going to be a riveting story, then it waned. Didn't make me feel one way or the another. maybe it was a case of it was me, not the book. Either way it was okay :)
Rissa
New author for me and I enjoyed it! I like shifter stories! I like Silas and Theo (dog versus cat was cute, lol)! I'm glad for the ending but I know there are other books that continue their story so I can't wait to read those! I like pack themed stories as well so definitely enjoyed that aspect!
  • Called to Mate (Pack Mates, #1)
  • An Intrepid Trip to Love (A Little Bite of Love #1)
  • Hairy Harry's Car Seat (Lyon Road Vets, #1)
  • Salad on the Side (Real Werewolves Don't Eat Meat, #1)
  • Surviving the Change
  • Bad Kitty (Southern Shifters, #4)
  • Christmas Delights
  • Strength of the Pack (The Tameness of the Wolf, #1)
  • Healer (The Institute, #1)
  • The Cougar's Timid Little Lynx (Sweet Water, #1)
  • Body Magic (Triad, #2)
  • A Tiger's Claim (Ashwood Falls, #1)
  • Blackthorne (Heart of Fame #8)
  • The New Wolf (Building the Pack #1)
  • Devotion (Dominion 3.5)
  • Beneath the Neon Moon
  • Mahu (Mahu #1)
  • Unacceptable Risk (Hidden Wolves, #1)
Jessica Lee is an EPIC eBook Award winner and international bestselling author of paranormal romance. She lives in the southeastern United States with her husband and son. In her former life, Jessica was a science geek and spent over twenty-five years as a nurse. But after the birth of her son, she left her medical career behind. During that transition, she discovered her passion for writing roman ...more
More about Jessica Lee...

Ariel Estates (3 books)
  • In the Pride's Best Interest (Ariel Estates #2)
  • Breaking the Ice (Ariel Estates, #3)
Bloodlines (KinKaid Wolf Pack, #1) Make Me (KinKaid Wolf Pack, #2) All She Wants 4 Christmas Undying Destiny (The Enclave, #1) Heat Rising (KinKaid Wolf Pack, #3)