Start by marking “When a Heart Stops (Deadly Reunions, #2)” as Want to Read:
When a Heart Stops (Deadly Reunions, #2)

When a Heart Stops (Deadly Reunions #2)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  794 ratings  ·  112 reviews
Spunky and outgoing, nothing much bothers medical examiner Serena Hopkins--except for the thought of falling in love again. But when a serial killer is picking off her former classmates, Serena's life becomes intertwined with her old high school crush, FBI agent Dominic Allen. Is the secret she's keeping putting her next on the killer's hit list? Can she trust Dominic with ...more
Published October 2012 by Revell (first published April 10th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about When a Heart Stops, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When a Heart Stops

Charity U
Wow! What a great sequel to When the Smoke Clears! Serena, a Medical Examiner, is a wonderful heroine, full of energy and brilliance – yeah, she’s smart. A terrible, ruthless killer, a handsome young man, and more all come together to fill this book with electrifying action and suspense, along with a heart-warming thread of romance. And the cover! Absolutely hands-down amazing. I love it, and have ever since I saw it. One thing I learned from this book…I’ll never become a Medical Examiner. I can ...more
Loren
I found author Lynette Eason, and her books, just last year and she Immediately became one of my FAVORITE AUTHORS! So it is safe to say - if she has a book out, I WILL BE READING IT! She has YET to disappoint me!

I don't know many authors that can write a book that can cause you to be totally creeped out and then turn around and share such a sweet romance. The twists and turns will have you turning the pages as quickly as you can with great anticipation of what's next! Lynette Eason has such a gi
Jodie
Serena Hopkins is used to seeing death as a medical examiner, but with the latest autopsy being a murder and realizing she knew the victim, being a medical examiner suddenly isn’t the same. Especially, when the bodies keep coming and they all seem to be from her high school class. With the killer intent on getting the package that Serena has, will she be the next victim?

What an intense second book in Lynette Eason’s Deadly Reunion series. I really enjoyed the first book in the series because it
Michelle
Nerve-wracking and anxiety provoking are two terms that best describe this suspense novel. I can easily see this book as a horror movie in the theaters because of the serial killer theme. The plot was downright creepy and had me guessing through most of the novel, though I'm proud to say I had an inkling that ended up being dead on (pardon the pun.) I thought it was cool how the characters often prayed when needed and I ended up feeling really bad for those poor victims. Also, the faith thread s ...more
Casey
Oh the bodies are dropping! I think there must have been another murder every twenty pages and there really isn’t much time to do a whole lot of gawking with this novel.

I’m not a blood and guts kind of girl, I’d rather reader a romance over a murder, so when I read a murder, I take them suspenseful. If you’re going to creep me out…then. creep. me. out. I think this novel didn’t a pretty fair job of that task. The balance between murder and romance was pretty well level, though it did tip a bit h
This is the second book in the Deadly Reunion series, and it picks up right where the first one left off, continuing the mystery of where Jillian has been hiding and who is trying to find her while adding a chase to find a serial killer who seems to be after Serena, Jillian's friend and the town's medical examiner. With her childhood crush back in the picture, they must work together to keep Jillian's secret and their lives.

This book has an even faster pace than the first book in the series, and
Melanie
Review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R3HTPGI0...
Review on my blog: http://christianbookshelfreviews.blog...

When a Heart Stops is only the second book I've read by Lynette Eason, but it's enough for me to know that she is now one of my favorite authors! I LOVE a good suspense book that keeps me guessing and wondering who is behind it all...well this book definitely gave me that! Even though I had kind of guessed who the killer was, there were a lot of surprises!

I loved how we got to lea
Christian Fiction Addiction
Lynette Eason's first book in her "Deadly Reunions Series", When the Smoke Clears, was one of my favourite romantic suspense novels in 2012, so I have been greatly looking forward to getting my hands on the next installment.

When A Heart Stops was everything I hoped for and more! I found it to be a mesmerizing read, one that sizzled with suspense and had me devouring the pages at top speed. Serena Hopkins is a fabulous character, a strong woman who confidently moves in her world of being a medic
Linda
The heading on Lynette Eason's Infinite Suspense website says "Welcome. . .to the edge of your seat!" That pretty much nails it! She became a must-read suspense author for me two years ago with her Women of Justice series and only solidified that status with this Deadly Reunion series. When a Heart Stops is another must-read, but I must warn you: don't plan to read it in small snatches because you will not be able to put it down! The main character, Serena, has appeared as the medical examiner i ...more
Kaylea
There are days, I'm glad Lynette Eason wasn't on my high school reunion committee.

Her imaginative plans, provide a chilling and suspenseful foundation for the Deadly Reunion trilogy.

In the second book in the series, Eason continues the story of three friends - Serena, Jillian and Alexia, 10 years after their high school graduation. This novel focuses on the life of Serena - now a medical examiner.

When a serial killer begins to pick off former classmates - and then begins to target her - Serena H
My Book Addiction and More MBA
WHEN A HEART STOPS by Lynette Eason is an intriguing and suspenseful inspirational romantic suspense. It is Book #2 in the "Deadly Reunions" series,but can be read as a stand alone. See, " When The Smoke Clears". When you match a medical examiner,Serena Hopkins with an FBI agent Dominic Allen you can only expect heart-pumping results. What an emotional ride these two will take you on as they try to find a serial killer before it is too late. With secrets,romance,faith,love,murder,emotions runnin ...more
Faye
A chilling read that will steal your sleep!

A methodical killer is on the loose, leaving mysterious packages that send chilling messages, will Serena and Dominic be able to catch the killer before it's too late?

When a Heart Stops is the creepy (in a good way) sequel to Lynette Eason's thillingly suspenseful romance When the Smoke Clears, and the mystery continues.

The only reason I believe that I had a tough time getting into the story at first was because it had been a while since I had read the
Grace
And . . . the brilliant plot from When The Smoke Clears continues with head-on thrill in this story!

The plot is genius. The characters are authentic. The romance is light and cute. And the stakes are high.
REALLY high.
In this continuation from the first story (When The Smoke Clears), it takes off from the first sentence. The burglar knows her name. He's looking for something.
Something that she's not willing to release her loyal grasp on, even though she has no idea what it is.
Medical Examin
Marian Baay
4½ stars

In this second book in the Deadly Reunion Series we meet Serena—Alexia’s friend. If you have read the first book then you have met Alexia.

Serena is a medical examiner and close friends with Alexia and Jillian—we read about them in the first book When the Smoke Clears. On their graduation night Jillian had seen something that was so awful that she had to flee town. Her friends didn’t know where she went, or if she was still alive.
Now it is ten years later. Jillian has contacted Serena a
Larik
Wow!!
It is an amazing, captivating series. It is full of long lasting, all trusting and all sacrificing love, professional killers, and a complete 911 detail (fire department, lab, morgue, and of course police and FBI). You suspect and trust everyone never realizing that the killer is someone very close to them.
Each woman--Alexa, Serena, and Jillian-- were unique and had their own story to tell but together they form such a great task force it stills all your attention.

You cant just read one boo
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: Oh how I adored this novel! This was easily my favorite in the series. Serena Hopkins drew me in right form the get-go.

Eason crafted one of the best mysteries I've ever read in this one. It kept me guessing. I stayed up way too late reading it and then when I finished it I had to go back and reread some parts.

The mystery in this one will leave you breathless. I can't begin to describe how amazing this novel truly was. This right here i
Jeanette
This is book #2 of the Deadly Reunions series and you really should read book #1 first as some of a lot of the characters are introduced in the first one and one of the story lines from the first is carried over.

In this book there are almost two story lines going on. First with the medical examiner, Serena, being targeted by a serial killer who is also going after her high school classmates. But also by someone looking for a package that a friend asked her to hold onto. Only one of the storylin
April
3 1/2 Stars
This book has me conflicted. Torn between the things I liked about the book and those that bothered me. First off, Eason does a wonderful job at keeping you in suspense and guessing till the end. You will have a list of suspects and one of them might be right but you won't piece it together till the end. That is something I really like about her books. However, both books started off kind of slow, not boring but just not gripping. Just shy of half way through though the intensity of t
Elizabeth Olmedo
The Deadly Reunions series continues with When a Heart Stops. The game has changed. The rules are new, but the goal remains the same. Lynette Eason returns with yet another chilling and spellbinding mystery that keeps the reader’s mind spinning.

While I’ve enjoyed how part of the mystery has carried over from one book to the next, giving the series a more connected feel, it has also been torture. Cliffhangers leave me flailing. I am now impatiently waiting for the final installment in the trilogy
Emily
Serena Hopkins was the reason I decided to read this trilogy. I liked the Women of Justice series, but what had me pick up these books was Serena's presence throughout the three novels. I enjoyed this one much more than the previous books I'd read. One lingering question, though, that I'd hoped would be answered--what made Serena decided to become an ME? We have the reasons for Alexia becoming a firefighter, Dominic becoming an FBI agent, even Jillian becoming and investigative reporter. But not ...more
Renee
When you pick up a suspense book you always hope that the story has a few heart stopping moments and some great twists and turns. In When a Heart Stops those heart stopping moments start off right away! If there was a ever a story that "grabbed me from page one" it's this one! While When the Smoke Clears was a good book, I liked this story so much better just because the killers were so creepy and the crimes were chilling. I got goosebumps more than a few times so I'm glad I read this on a sunny ...more
Nancy
In the sequel to her first “Deadly Reunions” book titled When The Smoke Clears , Lynette Easton continues the story of Alexia, Hunter and friends. This time, Serena Hopkins, the town medical Examiner, is up against a slew of murders that all have one link: she graduated with every victim. The killer is a copycat of a murderer years ago called the Doll-Maker Killer. It can’t be the original because he is still behind bars.
Serena and her once-crush from high school, FBI agent Dominic Allen (Alexia
Crystal
Wow, I thought When the Smoke Clears was a pulse-pounding novel, When a Heart Stops definitely took it up a notch. Case in point, I was able to read about half of this book coming home from a Boy Scout trip with two boy scouts and two other parents in the same SUV and no head phones. Granted the boys were watching a movie and well-behaved, but lots was going on around me. When a Heart Stops held my attention fast so that the miles just went by quick and I could not wait to see how it would end. ...more
Michelle
WOW! Talk about great suspense! In Book 2 of the Deadly Reunions series, Lynette Eason picks up where things left off in Book 1, When the Smoke Clears. When a Heart Stops is filled with fast-paced action and suspense! I couldn't turn the pages fast enough to find out what would happen next! Who was behind the murders? And exactly what's in that package?

Of course, since we're talking suspense here, you can' t help but try to figure things out. For more than half of the book, I thought I knew who
Cindy
Medical Examiner Serena Hopkins awakens to someone inside her home, and they are looking for something. She knows what they want, it is the package her friend , Jillian sent her. What she does not realize that, this is just the beginning. Dead class mates show up with gifts left on them and poorly written poems. Copycat murders, following the MO and patterns of the Doll Maker Killer. What is frightening is that all of the people who have been found dead are class mates of Serena's.

Dominic Allen
Kate
Fear quieting forced breath lies watching and waiting in the shadows to materialize.

Serena Hopkins, medical examiner discovers an important missing piece. When a familiar face turns up on her examining table she and FBI agent Dominic scramble to solve important clues and locate a killer before additional homicides occur.
In a most critical moment will their joint efforts be enough or will they see danger in the shadows?

Quite a journey that promises fast paced danger from the beginning of the nov
Victor Gentile
Lynette Eason in her new book, “When a Heart Stops” Book Two in her Deadly Reunions series published by Revell takes us into the life of Serena Hopkins.

From the Back Cover: A killer’s deadly game needs new players . . . but someone’s about to change the rules

As a medical examiner, Serena Hopkins is used to dealing with death. But that doesn’t make it any easier when she’s called to the eerie scene of a murder–especially when Serena realizes that she knows the victim. Nearly as unnerving is the p
Title: WHEN A HEART STOPS
Author: Lynette Eason
Publisher: Revell
October 2011
ISBN: 978-0-8007-2008-7
Genre: suspense

Medical examininer, Serena Hopkins, is used to handling dead bodies, but the serial killer seems to be targeting women in her graduating class of high school. Not only that, but the person wants something Serena has. But she holds that secret close to her heart.

FBI agent Dominic Allen is home on medical leave and when the body count begins and starts rising, he asks to be assigned to
Tamara
WHEN A HEART STOPS by Lynette Eason is the second book in the Deadly Reunions series. Unlike other books in series that can stand alone, WHEN A HEART SOPS could use a glossary of characters or a little more back story from book one to help bring the reader up to speed. But once I decided to stop trying to figure out the past and only focus on where the current story was going, I was able to enjoy if better.

Serena Hopkins is a medical examiner struggling with death. Though death has always been a
Kate
This is the second book in the 'Deadly Reunions' series by Lynette Eason. 'When the Smoke Clears' is the first book, and tells the story of Alexia. This book tells the story of the second member of the trio of girls that were best friends in high school, Serena.
I really liked that Serena was portrayed as a strong, confident woman who did not NEED the hero (Dominic) to protect her, but also felt comforted when he did. I also liked getting to see her thought process as she was involved in the inve
  • Lethal Legacy (Guardians of Justice, #3)
  • Shattered (Alaskan Courage, #2)
  • Trauma Plan (Grace Medical, #1)
  • Talon: Combat Tracking Team (A Breed Apart, #2)
  • Attracted to Fire
  • Scorned Justice (Men of the Texas Rangers, #3)
  • Rosemary Cottage (Hope Beach #2)
  • Accused (Pacific Coast Justice, #1)
  • The Trouble with Cowboys (A Big Sky Romance #3)
Lynette Eason grew up in Greenville, SC. She graduated from the University of South Carolina, Columbia, and then obtained her masters in education from Converse College. Author of twenty inspirational romantic suspense books, she is also a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and Romance Writers of America (RWA). In 1996, Lynette married "the boy next door" and now she and her husba ...more
More about Lynette Eason...
Too Close to Home (Women of Justice, #1) When the Smoke Clears (Deadly Reunions, #1) A Killer Among Us (Women of Justice #3) Don't Look Back (Women of Justice, #2) When a Secret Kills (Deadly Reunions, #3)