Start by marking “Amira, Immortal Daughter from Penglai” as Want to Read:
Amira, Immortal Daughter from Penglai

Amira, Immortal Daughter from Penglai

Amira has a pretty good life on the peaceful island of Penglai. She has amazing powers and abilities. She's friends with the animals and creatures around her. And, of course, she's immortal. But she's also the only person on Penglai, which makes her more than a little lonely.

One quiet day, a magical tortoise named M'lan appears and whisks her out to sea. He needs her help
Published January 14th 2012 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Amira, Immortal Daughter from Penglai, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amira, Immortal Daughter from Penglai

TheFountainPenDiva
Finally! A fantasy not just "based" on Asian mythology, but one which features Asian characters. No fail happening here. I bought this for the manga-styled cover, but the story is wonderful--a coming of age tale featuring a spoiled young goddess named Amira is given a second chance to make the right decision. Okay, I admit it, her wise and brave companion, the turtle M'lan just kept reminding me of Gamera. Be that as it may, I want one!
Jasmine Villanova
Apr 22, 2012 Jasmine Villanova rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beneath the Moon and Stars review

I liked this more than I thought I would. It was really good. Once I got into it I couldn't put it down. It was a very unique story. Amira kinda bothered me at first. She was a little bratty. By the end I liked her. She's strong. She was willing to risk herself for people she just met. At first she was just looking for adventure. Eventually she realized there was more to life than adventure. Raiden was really cute. The whole Raiden Kaifu thing was incredibly con
Blake H
Feb 02, 2015 Blake H rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read

I rate a 5 star because it was simply enjoyable. It didn't have amazing dialog or anything worth remembering to quote later but was a quick, interesting and fun read.

There was a point where I thought it was going to be predictable but it took another route earning that extra star. I love fantasy and the world he created I found interesting. Could easily be made into a series, but still had a satisfying ending. The anime/manga feel to it I liked. I pictured every chapter as an episode to
Regina
Jul 07, 2012 Regina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this story. Its an all ages tale that captures the spirit of Chinese mythology well. At first I wasn't sure I liked Amira because she was so bratty but her eagerness and playfulness reminded me of the monkey king. She really learned to care for others towards the end. The ending wrapped up a bit fast and neat but its ok since it gives off the feeling of a tale. I highly recommend this to those who love Chinese mythology and Asian fairytales.
Marissa at Beneath the Moon and Stars
Not what I was expecting. Loved it. Full review to come on blog.
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2015
Miara Matheson
Miara Matheson rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2012
Ardiyanto Tjin
Ardiyanto Tjin rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2013
Nayla
Nayla rated it liked it
Dec 04, 2012
Jolemor
Jolemor rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2012
M. Kay
M. Kay rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2012
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Kristina
Kristina rated it it was ok
Jan 13, 2015
Lon Dee
Mar 26, 2012 Lon Dee added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Rosina
Rosina marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2012
Kiki
Kiki marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2012
Lucinda
Lucinda marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2012
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2012
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2012
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Caterina Neko
Caterina Neko marked it as to-read
M.
M. marked it as to-read
L'Poni
L'Poni marked it as to-read
VG/Allie
VG/Allie marked it as to-read
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Kieff
Kieff marked it as to-read
May
May marked it as to-read
Huma
Huma marked it as to-read
C.A. Szarek
C.A. Szarek marked it as to-read
Aziyah Salleh
Aziyah Salleh marked it as to-read
Penn
Penn marked it as to-read
heather
heather marked it as to-read
Akazukin Shiroyuki-Hime
Akazukin Shiroyuki-Hime marked it as to-read
May 02, 2012
Bri
Bri marked it as to-read
May 03, 2012
Zara
Zara marked it as to-read
May 08, 2012
Roxanne
Roxanne marked it as to-read
May 08, 2012
Rae
Rae marked it as to-read
May 09, 2012
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
May 09, 2012
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
May 10, 2012
Darrin
Darrin marked it as to-read
May 12, 2012