Start by marking “The Misses Moffet Mend a Marriage (A Victorian San Francisco Mystery #2.5)” as Want to Read:
The Misses Moffet Mend a Marriage (A Victorian San Francisco Mystery #2.5)

The Misses Moffet Mend a Marriage (A Victorian San Francisco Mystery #2.5)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  262 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
This short story, set in 1879 San Francisco, features two elderly dressmakers, Miss Minnie and Miss Millie Moffet, who face a moral dilemma of no small dimensions. They turn for advice to Annie Fuller, a widowed boardinghouse owner who supplements her income as a clairvoyant, Madam Sibyl.

For those who have read Locke’s two full-length Victorian San Francisco mysteries, Ma
Published February 29th 2012 by M. Louisa Locke

To ask other readers questions about The Misses Moffet Mend a Marriage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Misses Moffet Mend a Marriage

Erin
Mar 16, 2012 Erin rated it liked it
Find this and other reviews at: http://flashlightcommentary.blogspot....

Much to the distress of Nate Dawson, the Moffet sisters have been permanent fixtures of Annie Fuller's boarding house since its introduction in Maids of Misfortune. However, despite their constant presence, we readers haven't been privy to much of their story or character. Locke remedies this in her delightful short, The Misses Moffet Mend a Marriage.

First of all, I love that these two elderly women are so much more percept
Christy
Apr 12, 2014 Christy rated it it was amazing
This is another winner in the Victorian San Fransisco Mystery series. The characters of Miss Millie and Miss Minnie have the leading role in this short story which I received free on audible for an honest review.

The ladies, who are seamstresses, find that one of their client's husband may be unfaithful to his wife with another one of their clients. They subtly find out the truth and help keep the marriage in question from failing.

The audio version of this is very well narrated and easy to list
Lbousson
#2.5 in Victorian San Francisco Mystery.

A short story set in in the world of this series. Gives readers a little more background into the Misses Moffets and also give new readers a "taste" of the author's writing stye and what to expect from the series. Whether the full novels are too ing for me, these short stories tend to be just a tad too short and not really worth a reader's while, unless you are a huge fan of the series, or want to know more about lesser characters in the story.

Two stars.
Cindy Amrhein
Feb 14, 2014 Cindy Amrhein rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this short, and it was enough to hold me over until Ms. Locke's next book came out. I just love the Miss Moffets. They are such a clever creation as characters, in all their quirkiness. I got a bit of a peak into their background and their lives and got to know them just a little bit better.
Rene
Jun 09, 2016 Rene rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite things about this author and this series is that she releases these little short stories between her full books. Read everything in this series.
Janell
Mar 14, 2015 Janell rated it it was ok
Rather bland story/mystery based on minor characters from "A Victorian San Francisco Mystery" series which is a favorite of mine. Although listed as a short story book, I expected the kind of well written mystery found in the series, just shorter in length. Instead it was just a so-so, run-on sort of story that had very little plot and even less mystery. Plus, I knew it was a just a short story but didn't realize how short it really was!
❂ Jennifer
Aug 19, 2013 ❂ Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Not really a mystery at all, but an amusing short story that features the secondary characters from the mystery series. The sisters are just the sort you'd like to have as your personal seamstresses, if one could afford such a thing. A quick, amusing read about how to accomplish your goals on the sly.

Marla
Apr 17, 2012 Marla rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-library
Another fun, little short story. Something that probably wouldn't be published as a physical book outside of a collection of short stories, but, thanks to the power of e-book readers, gets published and read on it's own. I enjoyed the Misses Moffet's and the small glimpse we got into them and their past.
Mary
Nov 09, 2015 Mary rated it really liked it
Love these sisters!
Ngdecker
Mar 31, 2013 Ngdecker rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book
This was a very quick read, but fun. It is really a short story rather than a book. I read it because I enjoyed the author's other book I had read - Maids of Misfortune.
Heather
May 31, 2012 Heather rated it it was amazing
Adorable short story featuring characters from the San Francisco Victorian mystery series. I have a new fondness for the Misses Moffet :)
JoAnn Bassett
Apr 12, 2012 JoAnn Bassett rated it really liked it
Fun, clever mystery set in a Victorian setting--what more could you want? It's small, but satisfying (like a well-crafted truffle). Enjoy!
Natalie
May 09, 2013 Natalie rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this and the other short story, Dandy Detects, a good bit, perhaps even more than the actual novels themselves.
Judy
Jul 07, 2013 Judy rated it it was amazing
Delightful! So clever too! We should all learn from these ladies. This short story makes me smile.
Pat
Jul 26, 2012 Pat rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, mystery
A refreshing visit to Victorian San Fransisco, to tide me over before the next full-length book comes out.
Zindia Pierson
May 04, 2015 Zindia Pierson rated it it was amazing
Nice novella about the sisters.
Mary
Sep 03, 2012 Mary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet little story. Very short.
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Jennifer rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Judy
Judy rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2016
Katrina
Katrina rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2016
Xenia Cruz
Xenia Cruz marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Tia
Tia rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2016
Calicolu
Calicolu marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Cathy G
Cathy G rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2016
Camilla Mitchell
Camilla Mitchell marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Claire Miller
Claire Miller rated it really liked it
May 12, 2016
  • Mercury's Rise (Silver Rush, #4)
  • The Inspector's Daughter (Rose McQuinn, #1)
  • Captain Lacey Regency Mysteries Volume One (Captain Lacey Regency Mysteries, #1-3)
  • Murder In the North End (Nell Sweeney Mysteries, #5)
  • Paper Woman (A Mystery of the American Revolution, #1)
  • Bonfire Night (Lady Julia Grey, #5.7)
  • High Spirits (Daisy Gumm Majesty, #3)
  • Emperor Norton's Ghost (Fremont Jones, #4)
  • A Gentleman For All Seasons
  • Sourdough Creek
  • Death in Hyde Park (Kathryn Ardleigh, #10)
  • The House of Closed Doors
  • Death of a Supermodel (Fashion Avenue Mysteries, #2)
  • The Visionary Mayan Queen: Yohl Ik'nal of Palenque (Mists of Palenque, #1)
After being a professor of history for over 30 years, I am now retired and writing full time. The books in my Victorian San Francisco Mystery series, are based in part on my dissertation research on women who worked in the Far West at the end of the Nineteenth Century, and they feature Annie Fuller, a young widow who gives domestic and business advice as the clairvoyant, Madam Sibyl. She is aided ...more
More about M. Louisa Locke...

A Victorian San Francisco Mystery (4 books)
  • Maids of Misfortune (A Victorian San Francisco Mystery #1)
  • Uneasy Spirits (A Victorian San Francisco Mystery #2)
  • Bloody Lessons (A Victorian San Francisco Mystery #3)
  • Deadly Proof (A Victorian San Francisco Mystery #4)