Start by marking “Chameleon (Cage Punks, #1)” as Want to Read:
Chameleon (Cage Punks, #1)

Chameleon (Cage Punks #1)

Cameo lives in a caged supernatural city where all species are tagged at birth with silver brands embedded in their foreheads. Her X brand identifies her as a Mixbreed, but she’s so much more. Like a chameleon, she can shift from one person’s image to another.

It’s a great way to make money for a habitat street kid, or Cage Punk as most people call them. Wiz, her street pa
Kindle Edition, 1st edition
Published 2013

To ask other readers questions about Chameleon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chameleon

Kagama-the Literaturevixen
Cameo is a mix breed and her white hair and scaly white skin makes her odder than most inhabitants of Santeria,the compound or habitat where people of her kind live.

Together with her friend Wiz she takes on work as a stand in or decoy for people who can pay. Its risky but its a living.

It all goes to hell one day when the person she has been hired to impersonate turns out to be dead and they were actually being used as scapegoats.They manage to get away but in the process Wiz is hurt.

This catches
Fangs for the Fantasy
Living in the walled city of Santeria, one of the caged Supernatural denizens within, Cameo scratches a living as a reviled mixed-breed, but one with a unique power: she can change her shape to look like anyone.

Working with Wiz, her partner and long term crush, she manages to make considerable cash with this skill, especially for a homeless street kid; but as her reputation becomes known, the risks grow ever harder

Especially when a person from Wiz’s past appears – old debts become due and there’
Laura Thomas
Nov 24, 2013 Laura Thomas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve read Kenya’s adult Santeria Habitat books and loved them, so I was excited to try her New Adult book Chameleon.

When the supernaturals lost the war against the humans, they were rounded up and forced to live in caged cities called Habitats.

Each supernatural had their own particular brand placed on their forehead and a choice of which walled city they wanted to live in.

Cameo lives in Santeria. She has glowing white skin and hair, and her body is covered in scales.

She’s lived on the streets fo
Joy H
Jan 05, 2014 Joy H rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, ya
I wish there was a 4.5 rating. I'm a fan of YA and the Habitat Series by Wright so I was psyched when this book came out. Overall, I really liked it. We have the great urban fantasy world created by Wright, but this time seen through the eyes of our teenage protagonist Cameo. She's struggling to accept herself but doesn't know the truth about who she really is. The mysterious and sexy Wiz, who's taken her under his wing, has a lot of secrets and Cameo's got to figure them out before his time is ...more
Tamesha
I'd like to know why this book is here and book 3 of the habitat series keeps getting pushed back. How about we make that our #1 priority and put the side jobs on the back burner. I'm itching for that 3rd book.
Emelie
Feb 05, 2013 Emelie marked it as to-read-asap  ·  review of another edition
Guys... THIS BOOK SOUNDS FUCKING AMAZING!
Katherine
Apr 21, 2012 Katherine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. This book is is not what I expected it to be, but great nonetheless :)
Rhys Ethan
Jul 25, 2012 Rhys Ethan marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Wow of all the book in my to do list, this must be the one I'm most looking forward to read
Aixa
Nov 19, 2013 Aixa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Chameleon not what I expected but it is an awesome concept and exceptional story.

I loved the easy reading and the flow of the story line. There is no slow, dragging your feet in the story to make you want to skip. Everything flows beautiful and you don’t want to put it down.

I love how throughout the story the life of Cameo is actually explained and you are not left wondering what happen or if what you think is going
April
Really awesome and creative story. I was attracted by the cool cover and from page one I was not disappointed. Great pacing, the story has constant flow that never left me feeling a lull. I can see any teen who is into Sci-Fi or Urban Fantasy, really getting into this engaging book.

Cameo is a terrific character, so happy she isn't the typical angsty teen. The whole world is rich and full, I am very interested in checking out the grown up series Habitat that this is a spin-off from.

Warning, you a
Dalene
First, I would like to thank the author Kenya Wright for giving me this book for an honest review. This is the first time I read this author and I love the book. There were a few editing issues. The world building is awesome, I love it. The characters are very well developed. I am looking forward to reading more from this author. Great work Kenya.
J.L.
Totally subjective: Couldn't connect with the characters, probably because I'm picky about my YA books.
Dede Lo
Feb 24, 2014 Dede Lo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic read!
Roxanne
Roxanne rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2016
Jonn Jonzz
Jonn Jonzz rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2013
Hollye
Hollye rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2013
Raurr
Raurr rated it liked it
May 03, 2013
Vivek
Vivek rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2013
Angee
Angee rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2014
Ethan
Ethan rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2013
Jeannie Eneh
Jeannie Eneh rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2012
Tara
Tara rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2013
zeliz
zeliz rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2014
Shanell Woodard
Shanell Woodard rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2016
Dante
Dante rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2014
Annette
Annette rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2015
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2014
Tracey Short
Tracey Short rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2015
Pinky allamsetty
Pinky allamsetty rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Kenya Wright Fanclub: Pets, Book Releases, and Sick Kids 11 26 Sep 07, 2015 01:26PM
Kenya Wright Fanclub: Chameleon 9 22 Oct 25, 2013 10:53AM
  • Breaking Angelina (Paranormal Investigations, #2)
  • Vampire Nights (Blood and Snow, #30) (Blood and Snow Season Two, #3)
  • Creature of the Night (Urban Vampire, #2).
  • Armored (The Té-trad Tale, #1)
  • Wolves of Black Pine  (The Wolfkin Saga #1)
  • Seduce (Succubus Kiss, #1)
  • The Red Sun Rises
  • Homecoming (Cloaked Devices #0.5)
  • Darkness Betrayed (Torn #2)
  • Submerging Inferno (Men of Myth, #1)
  • Claiming Ecstasy
  • Uniquely Unwelcome (The Shadow World, #1)
  • Blood Rush (Demimonde, #2)
  • Don't Call Me Angel
  • The Nightlife Series Omnibus (The Nightlife)
  • Edge of Truth
  • Darwin's Children (Darwin's Children, #1)
  • Eris (Eternal Truths Series, Book 1)

JOIN THE MAILING LIST to stay up-to-date with free books, giveaways, and new releases!

MAILING LIST LINK:

Instagram: @kenya_patra
Facebook: https://goo.gl/vjjkSb
Twitter: @Kenyawright77

You can FOLLOW me Here on Amazon and you will be notified of new releases, or subscribe to my new release mailing list. http://eepurl.com/AcDbj

Kenya Wright wrote her
More about Kenya Wright...