Chameleon (Cage Punks, #1)

Chameleon (Cage Punks #1)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Cameo lives in a caged supernatural city where all species are tagged at birth with silver brands embedded in their foreheads. Her X brand identifies her as a Mixbreed, but she’s so much more. Like a chameleon, she can shift from one person’s image to another.

It’s a great way to make money for a habitat street kid, or Cage Punk as most people call them. Wiz, her street pa...more
Kindle Edition, 1st edition
Published 2013

After Forever Ends by Melodie RamoneWhen Pigs Fly by Bob SanchezThe Steward by Christopher  ShieldsLittle Mountain by Bob SanchezGetting Lucky by Bob Sanchez
Best Indie Books to Read in 2012
348th out of 962 books — 1,189 voters
The Summoner by Randy MasseyThe Emperor's Edge by Lindsay BurokerThread Slivers by Leeland ArtraScepter by Scott L. CollinsFirehurler by J.S. Morin
Best Indie Fantasy Books Worth a Read
337th out of 466 books — 646 voters

More lists with this book...

Kagama-the Literaturevixen
Cameo is a mix breed and her white hair and scaly white skin makes her odder than most inhabitants of Santeria,the compound or habitat where people of her kind live.

Together with her friend Wiz she takes on work as a stand in or decoy for people who can pay. Its risky but its a living.

It all goes to hell one day when the person she has been hired to impersonate turns out to be dead and they were actually being used as scapegoats.They manage to get away but in the process Wiz is hurt.

This catches...more
Tamesha
I'd like to know why this book is here and book 3 of the habitat series keeps getting pushed back. How about we make that our #1 priority and put the side jobs on the back burner. I'm itching for that 3rd book.
Joy H
I wish there was a 4.5 rating. I'm a fan of YA and the Habitat Series by Wright so I was psyched when this book came out. Overall, I really liked it. We have the great urban fantasy world created by Wright, but this time seen through the eyes of our teenage protagonist Cameo. She's struggling to accept herself but doesn't know the truth about who she really is. The mysterious and sexy Wiz, who's taken her under his wing, has a lot of secrets and Cameo's got to figure them out before his time is...more
Rhys Ethan
Jul 25, 2012 Rhys Ethan marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Wow of all the book in my to do list, this must be the one I'm most looking forward to read
Katherine
Wow. This book is is not what I expected it to be, but great nonetheless :)
Emelie
Feb 05, 2013 Emelie marked it as to-read-asap  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-hell-yeah
Guys... THIS BOOK SOUNDS FUCKING AMAZING!
Aixa
*I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Chameleon not what I expected but it is an awesome concept and exceptional story.

I loved the easy reading and the flow of the story line. There is no slow, dragging your feet in the story to make you want to skip. Everything flows beautiful and you don’t want to put it down.

I love how throughout the story the life of Cameo is actually explained and you are not left wondering what happen or if what you think is going...more
Laura Thomas
I’ve read Kenya’s adult Santeria Habitat books and loved them, so I was excited to try her New Adult book Chameleon.

When the supernaturals lost the war against the humans, they were rounded up and forced to live in caged cities called Habitats.

Each supernatural had their own particular brand placed on their forehead and a choice of which walled city they wanted to live in.

Cameo lives in Santeria. She has glowing white skin and hair, and her body is covered in scales.

She’s lived on the streets fo...more
April
Really awesome and creative story. I was attracted by the cool cover and from page one I was not disappointed. Great pacing, the story has constant flow that never left me feeling a lull. I can see any teen who is into Sci-Fi or Urban Fantasy, really getting into this engaging book.

Cameo is a terrific character, so happy she isn't the typical angsty teen. The whole world is rich and full, I am very interested in checking out the grown up series Habitat that this is a spin-off from.

Warning, you a...more
Dalene
First, I would like to thank the author Kenya Wright for giving me this book for an honest review. This is the first time I read this author and I love the book. There were a few editing issues. The world building is awesome, I love it. The characters are very well developed. I am looking forward to reading more from this author. Great work Kenya.
Natalie A.
Natalie A. marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Dee's Reading nook
Dee's Reading nook marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Allie Heady
Allie Heady marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Alix
Alix marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
noemi
noemi marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Nella
Nella marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Sarah Mercado
Sarah Mercado marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Freya
Freya is currently reading it
Apr 01, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Mehnaz
Mehnaz marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Melinda Zehani
Melinda Zehani marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Ashley
Ashley added it
Mar 10, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Liessa
Liessa marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Kenya Wright Fanclub: Chameleon 9 22 Oct 25, 2013 10:53AM
Kenya Wright Fanclub: Pets, Book Releases, and Sick Kids 9 16 Sep 08, 2013 01:06PM
  • Playing Hooky (Paranormal Investigations, #1)
  • Beg Me to Slay
  • Don't Call Me Angel
  • Claiming Shayla (True Mates, #5)
  • Bait (Order of the Spirit Realm #1)
  • Hyacinth (Svatura, #2)
  • Blood Rush (Demimonde, #2)
  • Dark Cravings
  • Homecoming (Cloaked Devices #0.5)
  • Uniquely Unwelcome (The Shadow World, #1)
  • Reconstructing Jada Channing
  • Whatever Became of the Squishies? (The Squishies Series, #1)
  • External Forces (The Laws of Motion #1)
  • Forever Young (The Forever Land Chronicles)
  • Of Sea and Stone (Secrets of Itlantis #1)
  • A Mating Dance (Ashwood Falls, #2)
  • Impossibly Love (Impossibly, #1)
  • Circus Summer (Circus of Curiosities, #1)
www.kenyawright.com
Join the mailing list to stay up-to-date with free books, giveaways, and new releases!

Kenya Wright always knew she would be famous since the ripe old age of six when she sang the Michael Jackson thriller song in her bathroom mirror. She has tried her hand at many things from enlisting in the Navy for six years as a Persian-Farsi linguist to being a nude model at an art univers...more
More about Kenya Wright...
Fire Baptized (Santeria Habitat, #1) Theirs to Play (Billionaire Games, #1) Flirting with Chaos (Crazy in Love, #1) Incubus Hunter (Erotic Elf, #1) An Arrangement of Love (Chasing Love, #1)