Start by marking “Chameleon (Cage Punks, #1)” as Want to Read:
Chameleon (Cage Punks, #1)

Chameleon (Cage Punks #1)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Cameo lives in a caged supernatural city where all species are tagged at birth with silver brands embedded in their foreheads. Her X brand identifies her as a Mixbreed, but she’s so much more. Like a chameleon, she can shift from one person’s image to another.

It’s a great way to make money for a habitat street kid, or Cage Punk as most people call them. Wiz, her street pa
Kindle Edition, 1st edition
Published 2013

To ask other readers questions about Chameleon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chameleon

When Pigs Fly by Bob SanchezThe Steward by Christopher  ShieldsLittle Mountain by Bob SanchezGetting Lucky by Bob SanchezDivorce Hotel by B.R.  Snow
Best Indie Books to Read in 2012
343rd out of 973 books — 1,188 voters
The Emperor's Edge by Lindsay BurokerThe Summoner by Randy MasseyThread Slivers by Leeland ArtraBlood Song by Anthony  RyanScepter by Scott L. Collins
Best Indie Fantasy Books Worth a Read
467th out of 612 books — 813 voters

More lists with this book...

Kagama-the Literaturevixen
Cameo is a mix breed and her white hair and scaly white skin makes her odder than most inhabitants of Santeria,the compound or habitat where people of her kind live.

Together with her friend Wiz she takes on work as a stand in or decoy for people who can pay. Its risky but its a living.

It all goes to hell one day when the person she has been hired to impersonate turns out to be dead and they were actually being used as scapegoats.They manage to get away but in the process Wiz is hurt.

This catches
Tamesha
I'd like to know why this book is here and book 3 of the habitat series keeps getting pushed back. How about we make that our #1 priority and put the side jobs on the back burner. I'm itching for that 3rd book.
Fangs for the Fantasy
Living in the walled city of Santeria, one of the caged Supernatural denizens within, Cameo scratches a living as a reviled mixed-breed, but one with a unique power: she can change her shape to look like anyone.

Working with Wiz, her partner and long term crush, she manages to make considerable cash with this skill, especially for a homeless street kid; but as her reputation becomes known, the risks grow ever harder

Especially when a person from Wiz’s past appears – old debts become due and there’
Joy H
I wish there was a 4.5 rating. I'm a fan of YA and the Habitat Series by Wright so I was psyched when this book came out. Overall, I really liked it. We have the great urban fantasy world created by Wright, but this time seen through the eyes of our teenage protagonist Cameo. She's struggling to accept herself but doesn't know the truth about who she really is. The mysterious and sexy Wiz, who's taken her under his wing, has a lot of secrets and Cameo's got to figure them out before his time is ...more
Rhys Ethan
Jul 25, 2012 Rhys Ethan marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Wow of all the book in my to do list, this must be the one I'm most looking forward to read
Katherine
Wow. This book is is not what I expected it to be, but great nonetheless :)
Emelie
Feb 05, 2013 Emelie marked it as to-read-asap  ·  review of another edition
Guys... THIS BOOK SOUNDS FUCKING AMAZING!
Aixa
*I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Chameleon not what I expected but it is an awesome concept and exceptional story.

I loved the easy reading and the flow of the story line. There is no slow, dragging your feet in the story to make you want to skip. Everything flows beautiful and you don’t want to put it down.

I love how throughout the story the life of Cameo is actually explained and you are not left wondering what happen or if what you think is going
Laura Thomas
I’ve read Kenya’s adult Santeria Habitat books and loved them, so I was excited to try her New Adult book Chameleon.

When the supernaturals lost the war against the humans, they were rounded up and forced to live in caged cities called Habitats.

Each supernatural had their own particular brand placed on their forehead and a choice of which walled city they wanted to live in.

Cameo lives in Santeria. She has glowing white skin and hair, and her body is covered in scales.

She’s lived on the streets fo
April
Really awesome and creative story. I was attracted by the cool cover and from page one I was not disappointed. Great pacing, the story has constant flow that never left me feeling a lull. I can see any teen who is into Sci-Fi or Urban Fantasy, really getting into this engaging book.

Cameo is a terrific character, so happy she isn't the typical angsty teen. The whole world is rich and full, I am very interested in checking out the grown up series Habitat that this is a spin-off from.

Warning, you a
Dalene
First, I would like to thank the author Kenya Wright for giving me this book for an honest review. This is the first time I read this author and I love the book. There were a few editing issues. The world building is awesome, I love it. The characters are very well developed. I am looking forward to reading more from this author. Great work Kenya.
Kimber
Kimber marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Dreamingintherain
Dreamingintherain marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Raluca
Raluca marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
John
John marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
T00zday
T00zday marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Sarah added it
Mar 10, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Jennifer R  Ricketts
Jennifer R Ricketts marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Oye
Oye marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Skyler
Skyler marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Chesspalomino
Chesspalomino marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Manoushka
Manoushka marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Kenya Wright Fanclub: Chameleon 9 22 Oct 25, 2013 10:53AM
Kenya Wright Fanclub: Pets, Book Releases, and Sick Kids 9 16 Sep 08, 2013 01:06PM
  • Urban Vampire The Turning
  • Armored (The Té-trad Tale, #1)
  • Playing Hooky (Paranormal Investigations, #1)
  • Seduce (Succubus Kiss, #1)
  • Don't Call Me Angel
  • Darwin's Children (Darwin's Children, #1)
  • The Red Sun Rises
  • Homecoming (Cloaked Devices #0.5)
  • Beastly Desires
  • Uniquely Unwelcome (The Shadow World, #1)
  • Darkness Betrayed (Torn #2)
  • Blood Rush (Demimonde, #2)
  • Bait (Order of the Spirit Realm #1)
  • Dark Secrets (Dark, #2)
  • Shadows in the Night (Leap of Faith, #1)
  • The Forever Girl (The Forever Girl #1)
  • Taken By Moonlight (Moonlight, #1)
  • Vampire Lies (Blood and Snow: Season Two #1)
www.kenyawright.com

Join the mailing list to stay up-to-date with free books, giveaways, and new releases!

Instagram: @kenya_patra

Kenya Wright has published books in fantasy, cyber punk, and romance. She currently resides in Miami with her amazing children and three cool black cats that refuse to stop sleeping on her head at night.
More about Kenya Wright...
An Arrangement of Love (Chasing Love, #1) Fire Baptized (Santeria Habitat, #1) Theirs to Play (Billionaire Games, #1) A Test of Love (Chasing Love, #2) Flirting with Chaos (Crazy in Love, #1)