The Champion in all of Us: 12 Rules for Success

The Champion in all of Us: 12 Rules for Success

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  7 reviews
This symbolic tale of four athletes and their passion to succeed at the Olympic Games has much more to do with you as a person. The insights that symbolise a deeper moral and spiritual meaning reveal what it takes to bring out your full potential and what you are capable of so you really can be who you are and then live it.

Whether you know who you are or have a reluctance...more
Published March 6th 2012 by Mirage Publishing

Minerva
As a fellow 'thrower' I was keen to see what words of wisdom Steve Backley would offer to those of us who want to be the best at what we do - whether in sports, the workplace or just in life generally. I wasn't disappointed. Easy to follow with 12 key rules for success laid out with examples of why they are necessary and how they work, this is an essential read for those aiming for success in all walks of life.
Steven Yealden
Firstly, fiction is not my usual reading genre. Secondly, since it was highly recommended as a self help book I gave it a go. Secondly, I am pleased I took up the offer to read this book and now I see why it is a popular book. I really liked the way the story meshed with the Olympics although it could realy mesh with any type of subject, as the way it goes into the finite detail of how the mind works and how winning at anything in any setting has a potent message behind it. The characters are pa...more
Stephen Richards
This is Olympic year, a time to flex our armchairs and watch the best of sports men and women from around the globe compete for a chance to make it big.

The Olympic ethos used to be one of taking part and that anyone having done so should be happy at that. Well all of that has now changed, now it's all about the "S" word. Yes, you've guessed the word, SUCCESS. But not just success in the Olympic arena, but success that continues on into many other fields.

This book really does something for almos...more
Annamarie
I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads Giveaway
Julie
Wow! I won a copy of this!

My husband is currently reading it as he's doing an Ironman in July and it should fit in well with his preparation!

A coach introduces four characters - "would've", "should've" "could've" and "did"! There are 12 rules of success that can be applied to sport / life / business,etc. Over a period of a year or two the coach takes the four raw athletes (the characters)from promising to potential olympic champions. The application of these 12 rules apply to enable achievement...more
Ellie
This is a good feeling story with plenty of tips to try and put in place for success, not just for athletes. The characters progressed through the book when following Coach's Rules, which makes it more believable for the reader to follow the tips.
I wasnt too keen on the style, perhaps because its something I'm not used to, but was an easy enjoyable read anyway.

It's a bit of an odd one, a fictional self help book is completely new to me. I'd recommend it for a light motivational read, it would be...more
Nicola Wilson
This book is brilliant and should be read by every athlete and every coach
Josip Brecak
Josip Brecak marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Oluwakemisola Beatrice
Oluwakemisola Beatrice marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Abhishek Nichani
Abhishek Nichani marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Komal Punia
Komal Punia marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Abhishek Roy
Abhishek Roy marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Aditya Kadam
Aditya Kadam marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Kingsley
Kingsley marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Boris Colovic
Boris Colovic marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Sudheer Kumar
Sudheer Kumar marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Pau Apilado
Pau Apilado marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Chiimbwe Mweemba
Chiimbwe Mweemba marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Ademola Okunade
Ademola Okunade marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Ravinder
Ravinder marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Sean F
Sean F marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
Udaya Kumar
Udaya Kumar marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Addie
Addie marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Kirsten Chapman
Kirsten Chapman marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Diego Ortiz
Diego Ortiz marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Sagar Bajoliya
Sagar Bajoliya marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Herr Lemmy
Herr Lemmy marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Mary Borisova
Mary Borisova marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Steve Backley OBE – is a rare find. He is the only British track & field athlete to win medals at three consecutive Olympic Games. After breaking world and Olympic records numerous times in the javelin event, he has successfully converted his attention to the business / motivational speaking platform. Not resting on his laurels, Steve is also a skilled TV and radio presenter, and enjoys inspir...more
More about Steve Backley...
The Champion in All of Us: 12 rules for success The Winning Mind :A Guide to Achieving Success and Overcoming Failure

“Success is a decision, not a gift.” 16 likes
“Too often, people get stuck in a state of over-thinking, the result is that they never reach a decision.” 15 likes