Start by marking “Dark Awakening (A Crimson City Novella)” as Want to Read:
Dark Awakening (A Crimson City Novella)

Dark Awakening (Crimson City #7)

3.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  165 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Originally part of SHARDS OF CRIMSON, an anthology published in January 2007

Kimi Noguchi is working as an intern for an advertising agency in Crimson City and she's discovered that she's a kijo or witch. She thinks having talent is cool, but her magic attracts the attention of a power-hungry Bak-Faru demon and she's forced to call on another demon, Nicodemus, for help.

Nic
ebook
Published 2011 by Patti O'Shea (first published January 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Awakening

Shirley
Apr 22, 2012 Shirley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so not only am I on a novella kick, but I’m also taking full advantage of the freebies on Amazon. It’s a win/win! I get to get introduced to some authors I may not have noticed before with some really good, quick reads and it doesn’t break my book budget.

Dark Awakening is part of Patti O’Shea’s Crimson City Series. Since I haven’t read any of the other books in the series, I can’t comment on whether or not readers would get more out of this short read if they had read the other books first
Melissa
May 04, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dark Awakening

By Patti O’Shea

Kimi Noguchi is a young Japanese woman who just found out that she was also a majo, a witch. She is interning at a Los Angeles advertising firm. The first thing that struck her when she started was that it was all woman; then she found out that they were all majo, and that she was one too. Now she is in training. Getting very board with the fact that all she is learning is ethics, rules, and consequences, but no actual magic usage yet. On top of all this, the man of
Jessie Morgan
Apr 17, 2012 Jessie Morgan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The premise was good, the writing mediocre, and the results not at all what I was hoping for. Patti O'Shea was all over the map with her heroine, Kimi. Kimi is a witch, but at first she doesn't know she is, except that her family tells her that she is, and she works at an agency that is filled with magic-wielding women AND she's called kijo, which is Japanese for witch...but she still doesn't know. Fine, whatever. She maintains that she doesn't know until she runs into this villainous demon, Aug ...more
Cat
Mar 25, 2012 Cat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ah, what a well told short story! I didn't feel like I was missing information or that I needed to hear more (although I would like to ;)!).

The characters are interesting enough and the plot is decent. The climax is a bit too short (happens very suddenly) but it is a novella. The only downfall that I can see is Kimi's mention of her virginity on more than one occasion, yet neither Kimi nor Nic mention it again. Oh well...

Good, quick read with lots of sexy tension.
Lyndsey
Mar 10, 2012 Lyndsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although this was a very short read, it was well written with a great plot. I would've loved to have a longer story just to flesh out more of the relationship, especially at the end. Overall, though, very good short story on a newer take on demons. Recommended for a fast read.
Dren
May 14, 2012 Dren rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick & Dirty Review

Nice read. Fast paced story. This is my first entry into this series and this book interests me enough that I want to read the first novel in the series.

If you're looking for a something quick and interesting, pick this one up.

Michelle
I haven't read any of this series but I have been wanting to try it so I thoght I'd give this novella a try to see if I liked the writing style. I did enjoy it but I know I would like it more if I had read them in order.
Mara
Mar 04, 2012 Mara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, novella, freebies
I've read this novella a few hours ago. I can't remember much of it. :( It's a short romance set in a world probably explained somewhere else.

I can't say I cared about the characters.
Julie Burns
Almost 3 stars. Length of story let it down. And as the other Crimson stories are short ones, I don't think I will bother.
Liked the Demon and witch idea.
Melindeeloo
This was a kindle freebie, that is a reissue of a story from Shards of Crimson, a collection of Crimson City shorts.
SheLove2Read
Mar 30, 2012 SheLove2Read rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
One of my favorite authors but I didn't feel like this was her best work. 2.5 stars
Arthetta Rodgers
Jul 15, 2012 Arthetta Rodgers rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting story. Kind of erotic which I like and the storyline was really good.
ms bookjunkie
It was okay, but I felt like I was missing part of the story and/or world building.
Steph
[per description, part of [book:Shards of Crimson|307352]; on-hand TBR]
W
Apr 02, 2012 W rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing story... I'd like to read more about these characters.
Christine Hayes
Was a good read. Enjoyed Kimi, as she is a spunky lady.
Amanda P
a cute quick free read.
Marj
3.5* excellent short story.
Gena
Gena marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Peggy
Peggy rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2016
LEIGH ANNE
LEIGH ANNE rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Jonquil
Jonquil rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2016
A
A marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Lori Liendo
Lori Liendo rated it really liked it
May 25, 2016
Chelsea Hanna
Chelsea Hanna marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Dyane
Dyane rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Barbara Strickland
Barbara Strickland rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2016
  • Crimson Rogue (Crimson City, #6)
  • Seduced by Crimson (Crimson City, #5)
  • A Darker Crimson (Crimson City, #4)
  • Powerful Magic
  • Copping Attitude
  • For The Sake of Sin
  • Wild Passion (Wild, #3)
  • Touched by the Magic (The Academy #1)
  • Last Man on Earth
  • All Hallows Heartbreaker (My Immortal Knight, #1)
  • Loramendi's Story
  • Move Me (Hidden, #4)
  • Wicked Mourning
  • The Reiver
  • A Taste of Crimson (Crimson City, #2)
  • Tiger of Talmare (Frontiers of Love, #1)
  • Deadly Fall (The 19th Precinct, #1)
  • The Summons (Shadowlands, #0.5)
Nationally bestselling author Patti O'Shea has won numerous awards for her writing and been nominated for many more. Her books have appeared on the Barnes & Noble, Waldenbooks, and Borders bestseller lists and have earned starred reviews in prestigious publications such as Booklist.
More about Patti O'Shea...

Crimson City (7 books)
  • Crimson City (Crimson City, #1)
  • A Taste of Crimson (Crimson City, #2)
  • Through a Crimson Veil (Crimson City, #3)
  • A Darker Crimson (Crimson City, #4)
  • Seduced by Crimson (Crimson City, #5)
  • Crimson Rogue (Crimson City, #6)
  • Shards of Crimson (Crimson City, #7)