Start by marking “A Story not Wished to be Read” as Want to Read:
A Story not Wished to be Read
Read Book

A Story not Wished to be Read

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  5 reviews
A Story not Wished to be Read is the thoughts and inmosts feelings of the author in poems of all styles. It contains darkness and self-doubt, but also hope and love. The style varies, but the message never does.
ebook, First Edition, 8 pages
Published February 2nd 2012 by N/A

To ask other readers questions about A Story not Wished to be Read, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Story not Wished to be Read

Chris
3.5 stars.

This was an enjoyable, short collection of poetry. To be honest, the shortness was probably what most led me to enjoy it. Or rather, to be able to enjoy it. Had it been longer, I might have shied away from reading it, as I generally don't care for poetry.

That said, this was pretty good. I liked the simple style that conveys a feeling as you read without being heavy or cumbersome.

Here's a little sample, a line that really stuck with me:

From "Discovery"...

Languishing in the prison of my
Mel
A Story Not Wished to be Read is a collection of poems that reflect on everyday issues and experiences looking for a way to understand the normal chaos that surrounds our lives. The book contains 21 short poems that deal with themes such as love, pain, faith, promises, engagements, and mostly the mental trappings that we tend to cover ourselves with. The book is a quick read, with it being only 8 pages long.

To read an interview with the author visit Journey with Words
Tricia Kristufek
Are you willing to risk
Getting lost in the shadows
To bring me light?

This collection of poems takes the reader down the mental wanderings every reader can relate to. Tales of love, loss, pain, faith, etc. are all wrapped up in neat little poetry lines, begging the reader to understand and delve into deeper thought.

A Story not Wished to be Read is a misleadingly quick read - it will have you thinking about those words long after you turn the pages.
Justin
I enjoyed this book very much. It was very deep and I could relate to some of the poems. Very good writing and such feeling went into all the lines that you know the author really was writing about what was on the inside. As someone who writes poetry I appreciated all the poems in this book and thought it was very well written and deep on all aspects.
ku. [semi-hiatus]
I'm loving it so far :D
Ava
Ava marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Cherokee Rose
Cherokee Rose marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2013
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
May 26, 2013
Phoebe.
Phoebe. marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2012
Ryan Zimmerman Carstairs
Ryan Zimmerman Carstairs marked it as to-read
May 01, 2012
Brad
Brad marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2012
Maddison
Maddison marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2012
Tana
Tana marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2012
Nicola Black has always been a very creative young woman. When she was younger, she and her mother would make up stories together. As Nicola got older, she started writing them down. However, she would never finish anything. Throughout school, she had to write poems for English. She was homeschooled and her patient mother taught her how to write well. Eventually, Nicola started writing poems outsi ...more
More about Nicola Black...
Nightmares and Dreams Origin of a Rose