Start by marking “The Axiom of Choice” as Want to Read:
The Axiom of Choice

The Axiom of Choice

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Published 2011 by New Haven Review

To ask other readers questions about The Axiom of Choice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Axiom of Choice

I liked the gimmick of the story, especially since it had a larger purpose within the theme of choices made and paths not taken. The author also got the details of touring life down well in a few sentences. I wish the story notes hadn't related this story to Stan Rogers' death. There's a difference between the tragedies that come from choices poorly made (view spoiler) and the tragedies that come from seemingly ordinary ...more
Mike Ehlers
Short story read online: about the choices a guitar player makes in his life.

Interesting format for the story. A little gimmicky perhaps, but it fit well with the title and was bearable for the short length of the story. I got caught up in the story, but I'm a sucker for anything that can be called math/logic fiction. Left me pondering how much control we really have over our decisions.
Jeff Brateman
This was a delightful short story by a fellow colleague of mine! Dave is a great writer, and tells an engaging story. As one commenter specified, there is a gimmick employed throughout the story. However, it was cleverly done, and not distracting or overdone. I appreciated the subtle humor, depth of the main character, and self-reflecting nature of the plot. Keep them coming!
Mar 03, 2012 Laurel rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
I'm not very good with gimmicks. I see the deeper metaphor the author was trying to convey, but truthfully, I found it distracting from what was a good story. I wish there was a parallel version that I could read, no gimmick. Just the truth of the guitar player's journey.
Dione Basseri
Dione Basseri marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
Daniel Stephens
Daniel Stephens marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Chris added it
Dec 09, 2014
Carmen marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Kristine Pratt
Kristine Pratt marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2013
Rick added it
Jun 21, 2013
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2012
abcdefg marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2012
César marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2012