Start by marking “Twilight: Tegneserieromanen del 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #1)” as Want to Read:
Twilight: Tegneserieromanen del 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #1)

Twilight: Tegneserieromanen del 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel #1)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  32,292 ratings  ·  1,550 reviews
Først bok, så film ... og nå som tegneserie. Twilight slutter aldri å forføre. Jeg er helt betatt av denne tegneserieromanen. Den er ganske enkelt nydelig. Å samarbeide med Young har vært utrolig spennende, men ikke bare det, det har også gitt meg anledning til å gjenoppleve den første tiden med Evighetens kyss. Hun kunne sende meg en ny serie tegninger, og plutselig sto E ...more
Hardcover
Published 2010 by Gyldendal Norsk Forlag AS

To ask other readers questions about Twilight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twilight

Jessica (priceiswong)
This book was a little sporadic but I enjoyed it! Obviously it's not the full novel so a lot of lines were cut but I liked getting to see a lot of parts that weren't in the movie! I did find it strange that some scenes looked like stills from the movie, but whatever I guess! I want to get volume 2!
Rebekah
Anyone familiar with graphic novels knows they don't take long to read. I read it three times within the given time period. It's only volume one, through the meadow scene. I don't know if the rest of the story wasn't finished in time for publishing, or if more than one volume was planned. I can't wait to have the rest.

The illustrations are beautifully rendered and so representative of the written descriptions. Color is used sparingly, and enhances the scene or feeling. The written story is abbre
Bry
Right off the bat I love the colors in this book. Most of the book is this wonderfully muted near black and white coloring, yet a lot of pages has just the slightest hint of a single color that adds a lot of depth to the 2D drawings.

Furthermore the art itself is beautiful with all of its details. Even the backgrounds are highly detailed, and each page makes sure to use almost every square inch available. At least this is true when the humans are the subjects of the page. The art becomes incredi
Maddie Senator
I was really excited when I learned about the existence of this book because it combines two of my favorite guilty pleasures: Asian graphic novels and Twilight. I have yet to find any artist's rendition of the story (whether it be in film or a drawing) that captures the vivid images I had in my head when I first read the book, but this is a very beautiful version. I really enjoyed the art, although Edward doesn't look right most of the time to me--more like a 50s letterman athlete type or someth ...more
Tatiana
Mar 15, 2010 Tatiana rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Twilight fans, teens, graphic novel enthusiasts
It took one hour to read this magnificent graphic novel, but oh, what a fantastic 60 minutes it was!

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!

Let me just say that the artist, Young Kim, is one talented lady, and she has breathed new life into a classic vampire series. She captures the quiet beauty of Bella Swan, making her look lovely, but in an unadorned way that we have always pictured, but have never seen. She combines her own artistry with live shots, and the results are stunning. You feel as if you are truly ste
Justin
No... he didn't?

Oh, yes he did!

That's right, I fucking read Twilight or, at least, the graphic novel adaptation. You may be asking yourself, “Why? Why would you do this?” Even if you're not, I'm going to answer that question, so you might as well take a moment and ask. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Elementary, whatever your name is! I write a blog criticizing abuses of the comic book medium and the Twilight: the Graphic Novel easily falls within that category.

I sincerely doubt Stephanie Meyer was aiming f
Rachel Lightwood
I find it very hard to talk about graphic novels because I am so new to the genre. I just don't feel like I know enough about the genre to properly judge the book in a fair manner. Therefore I am just going to quickly jot down some of my thoughts:

1. This would have been hard for people that haven't read Twilight to understand.

2. The art was really pretty.

3. I didn't like the way the characters were drawn - they all looked the same. Bella looked very similar to Jessica and all the male character
Kitty Bowers
love twilight they are the most awsome books ive ever read:)
Margaryta
Warning: DO NOT READ THIS BOOK!!!!

God, did you ever make a total shame of manga....Stephenie Meyer, you just have no shame whatsoever. The manga art is ugly, non-proffesional, and just bad to look at. It has no real talent like traditional, NON-WANNABE artist. After reading this book I can now see that Stephenie Meyer is just greedy for money. I'm sorry, but I no longer have any respect to this series. It's not even worth to be serialized in a 'manga' because it will just show how positively stu
Meg
Let me explain, first of all, that I LOVE graphic novels. When a particular novel really doesn't click, or I just really adored a book, I would try and find a graphic novel version. I had picked this book up one time at the store, curious about how it would be. I was well aware that I had learned little about the Twilight series prior to reading this, other than watching coming attractions in the movie theater over the years.

I was also aware that this, like so many popular books, has had some h
Tally
I'll start by saying that I'm not a big fan of graphic novels, and particularly not of that style used here, but Young Kim has simply won me over. This book is wonderfully constructed, from the breathtaking illustrations to their incorcopation with "real" landscapes - the Swan residence, the hospital, the meadow - I thought it was really well done. My only complaint would probably be the lack of color, but I understand the purpose behind it, and it is more effective to have only glimpses of colo ...more
Jackie "the Librarian"
What, another version of Twilight? What next, Twilight: The Musical? Oh, I shouldn't have said that. I take full blame if it happens. But I digress...

We have here the graphic novel of the story in question. Or, at least the first volume of the first book (and just how much of the library budget do I have to spend on Ms. Meyer's oeuvre, hmm?) Well, it's very pretty, I'll give it that. And Bella looks very sweet and believably klutzy as portrayed here, unlike Kristen Stewart, who looks way toughe
Lola
Before my reading:

Finally, I got my hands on it! YES! YES! YES!

Twilight, here I come...

description

After my reading:

description

What?! I wanted to read Twilight, with the original story, you damn graphic novel! **sigh**

What happened to dull, insipid Bella? Not that I liked that, it's just that... it isn't the Bella I know. You can't just change a character's attitude that much so it can be more enjoyable or whatever the reason was. And Jacob, he made his appearance way too late! Urgh...I hope it gets better.

Ok, the gra
Sarah Churchill
Whatever you may think of the Twilight Saga, books or films, the graphic novel is a very different experience. I spent half of the time studying the wonderful artwork, and Bella's incredible ability to do a new wondrous thing with her hair every day.

My only gripe, that unfortunately stopped me loving this edition of the story, is the panels dotted throughout the volume where the artist supposedly got a bit bored, rushed or just lazy, and stuck some hastily photoshopped photos in as backgrounds,
Raeleen Lemay
wow... that was a pretty terrible graphic novel. Not because it was Twilight, because I do like Twilight, but it was just ALL OVER THE PLACE, and they tried to cram way too much into this one book. The plot jumped around nonsensically and it was PRETTY ANNOYING. Also at one point there was a scenic shot of the La Push beach that just looked like they took a photo from the movie, made it a little blurry and scribbled on it to make it look like a drawing... like really bad yo.
Caroline
If you want to read a comic that was obviously put together by people who have no earthly idea how comics work, this is the comic for you.
this is the best vampires stories i ever read,,,,,i lovw it
Sarah Brutsch
This graphic novel reminded me of why I first loved Twilight when I read it back in high school. Over the years, negative criticism had gradually worn down my opinion of the novel. It is popular to hate Twilight. Yet in discussing the book with friends, I had mixed feelings, because I never saw the book as bad or the plot as sappy, yet people around me tore it down at every turn. And so I was hesitant, yet hopeful, when I finally chose to read the graphic novel.

It's Twilight condensed and visual
*Queen Diva*
I really enjoyed the first volume of the graphic novel of Twilight! In fact, it sort of brought me back to how I first felt when I was reading the series: excited and really into it.

First, Young Kim did an AMAZING job artistically! The artwork was very beautiful! I loved how she used color every once in a while. Outstanding work!

Second, at first, I had a hard time separating the movie from the graphic novel. I haven't read the books in a year and a half so the movie versions are the freshest in
Marion
I'm a huge fan of graphic novels and anything that remotely comes close to Japanese artwork, so when I noticed the first Twilight book had been made into a graphic novel, I just had to read it. While I have countless problems with the Twilight series, I was compelled to see where Stephenie Meyer took the series and her new found interpretation of it.

Right off the bat I was beyond impressed with Young Kim's beautiful artwork and the amazing way she used color to further enhance certain points of
Vina Crystelline
Wah.. buku ini begitu booming nya sampe dibuat manga segala.. Pertama kali liat buku ini agak penasaran juga, kalo twilight di buat manga kayak apa sih jadinya? Cuman bener2 gak niat beli, karna kurang suka aja dengan cover, apalagi liat harganya yang lebih mahal dari novel-novel biasa.. :) tadi sore pas liat2 buku di Karisma, nemu buku ini udah kebuka.. Hehehe.. Karna penasaran, iseng2 deh baca ditempat.. Kalo menurut aku, lumayan deh manga nya. Better than the book.. Alurnya nggak bertele-tele ...more
Jessica Mcclelland
Name: Jessica McClelland

APA citation: Meyer, S.(2012). Twilight. Yen Press: NY.

Genre: Fantasy, Graphic Novel.

Award (if applicable):

Format: Graphic Novel

Selection process: This graphic novel is favored in Library Journal. Cornog, M. (2010). Twilight: The graphic novel. Library Journal, 135(12), 66-67.

Review: Deciding to give her mother and her new husband space, Bella Swan moves from sunlight Arizona to cloud infested Forks, Washington to live with her father. She imagines life will be pretty q
Rowena
La primera novela gráfica que leo (y miro), y me gustó mucho. Los dibujos son tan hermosos y se ven tan bien... Me encantó que hayan resaltado sólo algunos colores en ciertas partes, creo que le da un toque más. Espero conseguir el segundo volumen en algún momento. Yo le tengo mucho cariño a Twilight, haters gonna hate.
Rhi
I love the artwork in this! I especially liked how colour was used to emphasise things (blood etc). The storyboards are well laid out and include basically everything from the original book. My only issue would be that the story is split into two volumes- although I do love how the covers fit together.
Alise  (Readers in Wonderland)
Based on the illustrations (5)
These were so perfect. Absolutely gorgeous, I actually liked the way Bella and Edward looked. The black and white bothered me at first but I got used to it and then I realized it suited the story better than color anyway.

Based on plot: (4 stars)
Edward was like 45% less creepy and Bella was 85% less annoying. I was glad to see a lot of things were included. Although Jacob wasn’t introduced to a weird point in the story. You can tell who takes precedence.

I have now s
Angela
What a fun read. It was like reading Twilight all over again without having to read Twilight all over again!

I liked the incorporation of still pictures and animation. It made each page pop. I also liked that it was black and white with color introduced later in the book or during heightened moments. The artwork truly was beautiful. Edward was more of the Edward I pictured in my head when I was first reading.

Overall, it reminded me why I liked the book so much more than the movie, bringing back
16adinak

Imagine living in a world where there are vampires living and interacting like normal people. That is the world that Isabella Swan is living in, and she doesn't even know it...until...now. The title of my book is Twilight by Stephanie Meyer, and the illistrations are by Young Kim. Twilight is a fantacy/horror book, because it is about vampires and vampires are not real. Young Kim makes the book in black and white, except for the few pages that are color. The pages that are in color are important
Charlene
This is Twilight: The Graphic Novel Vol. 1 & 2 combined into one book. That said...it is still a must have for the a Twilight fan, such as myself, as the book is beautiful. The inside of the dust jacket is a small poster of the first two graphic novels in one picture. There is also an added bonus of ten pages at the end of a 'Behind the Scenes: Character Designs'.
Laura (Boundless Bindings)
When I saw this was coming out, I was thrilled. When I finally got my hands on it, I wasn't disappointed at all. The art is what really got me, and I loved Edward in it. I'm a hundred percent team Jacob, but this Edward is pretty easy on the eyes. I can't WAIT for the second to come out and hopefully get more glimpses of Jake.
Kim
Meh... This was... It could have been better. Bella looked like she had cramps all the time, Edward just looked like his face was stuck in the same expression. Even a Ken doll is more versatile than that.

I'm not too happy about the drawings either, there are some very good ones, but a lot of them I didn't like.
The Nooks of Books: Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel #1) 1 1 Jan 28, 2015 06:16PM
Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 3 31 Dec 26, 2014 05:22PM
Class of 2015: Twilight the Graphic Novel Volume 1 4 6 Oct 29, 2013 08:38PM
Class of 2013: My second book review 1 7 Mar 27, 2013 10:01PM
  • Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, Vol. 3 (Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, #3)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 12 (Vampire Knight, #12)
  • Blue Bloods: The Graphic Novel
  • Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices: Manga, #2)
  • House of Night #2 (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #2)
  • The Twilight Saga: The Complete Film Archive: Memories, Mementos, and Other Treasures from the Creative Team Behind the Beloved Motion Pictures
  • Eclipse: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion (The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion, #3)
  • ココにいるよ!(1) (Koko ni Iru Yo!, #1)
  • The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 1 (Dark-Hunter Manga, #1)
  • Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush: The Graphic Novel, #1)
Young Kim is a Korean artist.

More about Young Kim...

Twilight: The Graphic Novel (4 books)
  • Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2  (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #2)
  • New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #3)
  • New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #4)
Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2  (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #2) The Future: A Road to Unification of the Korean Peninsula New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #4) New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #3) The World of Quest (Volume 2)