Start by marking “Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter (Midnight Liaisons, #2)” as Want to Read:
Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter (Midnight Liaisons, #2)

Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter (Midnight Liaisons #2)

4.06  ·  Rating Details ·  2,539 Ratings  ·  203 Reviews
Following the page-turning debut, Beauty Dates the Beast, this is the second novel in the fresh and funny new series about a paranormal dating service.

Sarah Ward, the werewolf sister of Bathsheba from Beauty Dates the Beast, and co-owner of their paranormal online dating agency, Midnight Liaisons, is voluntarily traded to a wolf clan in exchange for a kidnapped female were
Mass Market Paperback, 353 pages
Published October 30th 2012 by Pocket (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter

It's been a long while since I read anything paranormal and I was in an epic mood for a good, steamy romance so I decided to find a worthy combination. Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter hit the spot for sure. It's the second in a series and while I do feel that I missed a few things by not reading the first one, it worked out fine for me in terms of the romance.

Speaking of..
description

1. A gentle giant.
2. A pretend relationship scenario.
3. An adult hero who is a virgin. OMG
4. Tons of sexual tension.
5. A da
Mandi Schreiner
Oct 31, 2012 Mandi Schreiner rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr, virgin-hero
When I heard from the author that this book had a virgin hero, I got excited. Then I heard he was a were-bear virgin hero. My excitement grew. Ramsey is the best type of virgin hero. He is a huge, huge man. Quiet but fierce. All other shifters fear him, even the cockiest of the wolves. And yet this fierce gentle giant has never been intimate with a woman before. Yes, let’s all just take a moment.

Sara Ward was in an abusive relationship six years ago to a man named Roy. Worse, he ends up biting h
Sissy's Romance Book Review For You
'Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter' by Jessica Sims is book two in the "Midnight Liaisons" series.
It is the story of Sara and Ramsey.
3.5 Stars

I have read the previous book 'Beauty Dates the Beast' and yes that book did start setting the stage for this one...but I felt this book was a standalone book. It took you right to where you needed to be by giving you the last few scene of the previous book.

Sara is a wolf shiftier not by choice. Sara was in a abusive relationship and it turns out he was
Jane Stewart
Nov 20, 2013 Jane Stewart rated it liked it
Ok, but it was put-down-able. I never had the eager-to-get-back-to-it feel.

Many times during the book Sara “assumes” Ramsey doesn’t like something about her, or thinks she smells bad, or thinks he doesn’t want her, or thinks he’s just being polite. I got tired of that. The author was using that for conflict. None of it was true. Similarly through most of the book, Sara assumes Ramsey wants to be with his arranged marriage Nikolina. That was not true, but Ramsey never told her. Those were the maj
Fanny
Dec 17, 2015 Fanny rated it liked it

Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter es el segundo libro de los cinco ( por el momento ) que forman la serie Midnight Liaisons de Jessica Sims y tiene como protagonistas a Sara ( hermana de Bath, del primer libro ) y Ramsey, personaje secundario en el libro anterior.
El final del primer libro te deja con muchisimas preguntas sin respuestas, por lo que me moria de ganas de leer el siguiente libro, asi que en cuanto lo tuve en mis manos, lo devore.
Fue una historia entretenida, graciosa y que se lee muy
Penny Watson
Nov 14, 2012 Penny Watson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got into a werewolf-y mood this week, and was desperately searching for a shapeshifter book.

So, in desperation, I splurged on this cute-looking novel by Jessica Sims--Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter.

I discovered that Jessica Sims is also Jill Myles, who wrote my favorite time warp-caveman-dinosaur romance, Island Heat.

Needless to say, this book was the perfect answer to my shapeshifter desperation. It was adorable! First of all, the characters were very appealing. The hero Ramsey is a delic
Thenia
Jul 15, 2015 Thenia rated it liked it
The story of a Sarah, a scared, small reluctant werewolf and Ramsey, a big, gentle were-bear of a man.

Sarah is stalked by the nearest wolf clan, who want her to join them as they are short on females and do not particularly care about what she wants. Her experiences with werewolves have not been great and she's mightily afraid of them, and in an effort to stay out of their clutches, she and her allies concoct a plan where she pretends to be Ramsey's mate.

Ramsey being the scary alliance's enforce
Bianca
Dec 04, 2012 Bianca rated it really liked it
Okay while I did enjoy this story it is mostly about the heroine. The Hero was not an alpha, just a nice big ol' guy. He was also a 27 year old virgin.... Really? He wasn't an actual "hero" a nice guy but meh.... It was a good story though about the heroine! I really enjoyed watching Sara come into her own power and overcome her fears! I also really enjoyed the world the author has created, I will definitely continue with this series. I was just disappointed in the lack of romance and the lack ...more
Patti TheLoveJunkee
PJV Quickie: I have been singing the praises of this book to anyone who will listen: A strong, silent hero and a heroine turned werewolf against her will with a crazed pack out to steal her – what’s not to love?

Review
Confession: I have been in a book funk for a couple of weeks, and I picked up Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter as a change from all the angsty YA romance I’ve been reading. Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter is proof that sometimes the “book gods” smile upon you…this was one of the be
Lynsey   • The Demon Librarian
Feb 07, 2013 Lynsey • The Demon Librarian rated it really liked it
Find more reviews at The Demon Librarian.

I want a were-bear!

Well, I want one if he's anything like Ramsey, anyway. He's the strong, silent, stoic but gentle type of man-tree that just....sigh. Yeah, he was lovely. Built like a forest oak, with rare but devastating smiles, he totally won my heart in this second instalment of the midnight Liaisons series, this time featuring Bathsheba's werewolf sister, Sarah.

If you read book one, you'll recall the claim that was made to the werewolves at the en
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)

This was such a quick and enjoyable read! I actually enjoyed it more than the first book and I can’t really pinpoint the why. Maybe it’s because I like to see a heroine that has gone through abuse take charge of her life and not let things “happen” to her again. Maybe it’s the fact that I LOVE a big brooding hero, tough on the exterior, who is also a sweet teddy bear on the inside and … a virgin!

We met Sarah in book one when her human sister, Bathsheba, was dedicating her whole life to protecti
Jan 25, 2015 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-books
Originally reviewed at www.TheBookNympho.com

First Impression:

I want a bear shifter of my own!

What I liked:

Everything!

What’s not to like about a sexy, strong and silent were-bear? Ramsey is the everything that Sara needs. Protector, friend and sexy mate all rolled up into one.

Sara has been in hiding from other sups. She was turned against her will into a werewolf by her abusive boyfriend. But at the end of book 1, Beauty Dates the Beast, Sara’s secret about being a werewolf is out of the bag and
Anna
Oct 10, 2012 Anna rated it it was amazing
The local wolf pack is after werewolf Sara Ward, to join their pack and to mate with one of the wolves. To save herself she comes up with a plan to mated already. Were-Bear Ramsey Bjorn agrees to pretend to be her mate. But neither of them expected to actually fall in love.

Excellent follow up to Beauty Dates the Beast. I loved Sara and Ramsey's story. The back story of Sara's past is heart wrenching, and Ramsey Bjorn is exactly what she needs. Even though she doesn't realize it at first. Ramsey
Amafle
Feb 28, 2016 Amafle rated it really liked it
3/5 en realidad. Sarah y Ramsey son el uno para el otro. Me gustó mucho su interacción como pareja de mentira/real
Molly
This was better than the first book IMO - original plot, interesting characters and better quality prose. I'll gladly continue with this series.
Jen
Dec 05, 2014 Jen rated it liked it
Shelves: sims-clare-myles
Sarah and Ramsey

Sarah was a little bit too weak for my tastes.
Aly is so frigging bored
Nov 04, 2012 Aly is so frigging bored rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Very sweet book. I really like this author.s style.
Lover of Romance
Ever since Sarah was turned, she has been on the run with her sister, hiding from those that would capture her because she is a wolf shifter. Now circumstances force Sara to go forward with a plan that is daring but dangerous. Sarah must convince the pack that she and Ramsey are true mates. Sarah suffered abuse from Roy, the shifter that turned her, and ever since has had a fear of being touched, and now she must prove that she is mated to a were bear, and scares her more than anything even ...more
Christine
Mar 01, 2013 Christine rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult
I am such a sucker for pretend relationships turning into the real thing. You guys have no idea. It’s definitely one of my tropes when I’m reading fanfiction and I tend to like it just as much in romance novels, which is why I was so happy about the premise of this book.

This is the second book in the Midnight Liasons series from Jessica Sims (aka Jill Myles) and it follows Sarah, who was one of the main characters from the first book. I liked Sarah in Beauty Dates the Beast and I liked her even
Dotti Elrick
Aug 25, 2016 Dotti Elrick rated it really liked it
Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter picks up right where Beauty Dates the Beast leaves off. There is a lot of backstory thrown into the first chapter so a new reader should have no trouble picking up the story.
Sarah is a werewolf in hiding, she was turned against her will by her abusive boyfriend. Her only interaction with wolves is what she experienced at the hands of the one who turned her. Sarah and her sister killed him and went on the run, hiding from other wolf packs for the last six years.
LilyElement
Apr 18, 2013 LilyElement rated it really liked it
Shelves: were-shifter, 2013
Sarah Ward, a female werewolf, would do anything to not join the local werewolf pack. When events happen that force her hand, her sister's man helps the situation by having his bodyguard/friend pretend to be Sarah's mate. Still jumpy after an abusive ex-boyfriend, Sarah isn't looking for romance. This alone had me intrigued on what was going to happen.

Ramsey is a were-bear and not someone that anyone would want to mess with. He's the perfect man to help Sarah avoid the mating attempts of the loc
Sobia
Oct 31, 2012 Sobia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Just a few things:

1)this is a PNR, written in first person, heroine's perspective throughout.

2) I didn't read the first book but didn't have any trouble following along. However if you want to read book 1 in the ML series, then you may want to read it first, as this (IIRC) spoils the first book.

3) The Hero was awesome...so much so that i resent not getting his pov....this is one of those books that would have been so so so much better written with the third person narrative...the way its writte
Ann aka Iftcan
Ok, I have to admit--I was thinking this was going to be more in line with the first book in the series--light and frothy with just a dash of dark thrown in. But this book has more depth to it than its predecessor. I am speaking specifically about Sarah, our MC. She is still trying to recover from a very abusive relationship--one that resulted in her turning into a were-wolf. While I don't like quite how quickly the author tied things up, still, I liked the way that she has Sarah trying to cope ...more
Sandra
La historia de Sara, la hermana de Bath, y de Ramsey me ha enamorado de principio a fin, desde su primera página hasta la última. Lo dos son tan... cuquis juntos que *suspiro*. Ambos protagonistas también me han tenido cautivada, y lo mejor de todo es que Bath y Beau están presente en el libro, y más que encima se casan en Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter!! *-* Sobre los personajes secundarios, tengo especial interés en qué va a pasar con Joshua (Dios, por qué todos los Joshuas me encandilan??? ...more
Elizabeth
Jul 30, 2016 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal-18
El primer libro de la saga me gustó más porque siento que fue más movido por el tema de quién era la que las perseguía. En cambio aquí está el problema de la manada de lobos a la que Sara no quiere pertenecer. ¡Es que hay mas misterio cuando no sabes a qué temerle!

Me gustó la relación y cómo iban evolucionando los personajes en este libro.
También tengo que decir que no me enamoré perdidamente del protagonista masculino, estaba bien, solo que no era mi tipo, supongo.

También tengo que decir que
Mel
Nov 11, 2012 Mel rated it it was amazing
While I really liked Beauty Dates the Beast, the first book in the Midnight Liaisons series, I loved Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter. I still think the concept of a supernatural dating service is bloody brilliant and I can't get enough of the funny, smexy world Jessica Sims has created. I simply could not put Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter down. Sara was a fantastic heroine and Ramsey? Holy hot virgin werebear, Batman! Ramsey gives me a serious case of the swoons! I'm so glad I decided to spe ...more
Berta
Dec 12, 2012 Berta rated it really liked it
I liked it! I seem to like the plot of bodyguards falling in love with the person they are watching over.... and the plot of a guy and gal faking a relationship that turns into love. I think I have only read a couple books where the hero is a virgin, so it was fun to read something rare (to me). Ramsey wasn't as alpha as I usually read about, but he was protective and had the growly thing going on ;) It was good to see Sara get some courage and stand up to the wolf pack towards the end!
I am defi
Anino
I absolutely loved this sequel to Beauty Dates the Beast (Midnight Liaisons, #1) by Jessica Sims... It was a highly satisfying read, and the only thing that I really hate about this series is having wait for the next installment in 2013. In the meantime, as soon as the publisher gives the ok to Barnes & Noble, I will be pre-ordering asap.

Giving this one 4 1/2 stars...

***Also, I do have this one available to lend via Nook.
Tamis
Jun 03, 2013 Tamis rated it it was amazing
OMG Ame el libro de principio a final.
Fue perfecto me encanto Ramsey fue tan osito adorable xD no puedo esperar para leer el tercero quiero saber que pasa ademas la autora no me puede dejar asi de inconclusa la historia de Connor!!!
  • Wolf with Benefits (Pride, #8)
  • Suddenly Beautiful
  • Fire & Frost (Iron Seas, #3.4; Code of Shadows, #0.5; Midnight Liaisons #2.3)
  • Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound, #5)
  • Drive Me Wild (The Others, #7)
  • Midnight Reckoning (Dark Dynasties #2)
  • Cynful (Halle Shifters, #2)
  • Pack Rogue (Were Chronicles, #4)
  • Ball Of Furry (Ridgeville, #2)
  • The Geek Job
  • Celtic Moon (Celtic Wolves, #1)
  • Primal Law (Alpha Pack #1)
  • Take It Like a Vamp (Take It Like a Vamp, #1)
  • A Howl for a Highlander (Heart of the Wolf, #10)
  • His Purrfect Mate (Mating Heat, #2)
  • Omega Mine (Alpha and Omega, #1)
4720629
Jessica Sims lives in Texas. She hates writing a bio, so something cool will undoubtedly go here later when she actually thinks of something interesting to write. She has some cats, but what writer doesn’t? She plays video games and confesses to reading comic books. And she likes writing, but that one was pretty obvious.

More about Jessica Sims...

Midnight Liaisons (5 books)
  • Beauty Dates the Beast (Midnight Liaisons, #1)
  • Must Love Fangs (Midnight Liaisons, #3)
  • Wanted: Wild Thing (Midnight Liaisons, #4)
  • Alpha Ever After (Midnight Liaisons, #5)