Start by marking “You Mean, Besides the Cancer?” as Want to Read:
You Mean, Besides the Cancer?

You Mean, Besides the Cancer?

4.6 of 5 stars 4.60  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  7 reviews
If everyone's life is a book, and every day a page, then there are some days that deserve to be dog-eared. Your high school graduation, your wedding day, the birth of your children, and the day that your doctor discusses cancer with you for the first time.

If you are a caregiver, or about to be one, this book can hopefully shortcut the learning curve that sliced me to shred
Published February 21st 2012 by Friesen Press (first published February 16th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about You Mean, Besides the Cancer?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Mean, Besides the Cancer?

Bob Marcotte
Mar 01, 2012 Bob Marcotte rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
I liked it very much, I wrote it. :)~

You can see more about the book at http://www.besidesthecancer.org

Lisa Taylor
This is truly a unique book, and despite a few personal misgivings, I’m honored to be a part of revealing it to the public.

“You Mean, Besides the Cancer?” Is a creative non-fiction book set up as a series of blog posts written by Bob Marcotte throughout his wife’s battle with a very unique type of cancer. Whether the book is actually a compilation of posts or not is never explicitly stated, but it seems completely genuine. It is so well organized that the reader is never left confused or looking
Donna Mccloskey
As soon as this book came out I bought it, but wasn't sure when I'd actually be able to read it. It's been 21 years since I was a caregiver, driving to Stanford sometimes three times a week, and I was intrigued to read how a husband dealt with his wife's cancer, knowing how a wife dealt with her husband's. This book is honest and heart wrenching at the same time. I decided to start reading it this morning, and didn't put it down until I was finished. I would encourage any caregiver to read it, a ...more
Paul
Extraordinary honesty, heartbreaking, inspiring. I could not stop reading, it captured my attention and my heart all at the same time. If you know someone going through the daily struggle of cancer, if you are struggling with the disease, or if you just want to better understand the depth of emotion and the sometimes hopelessness that can completely overwhelm, you need to read this book.

If 10 stars were available this book would be a 10+.
Brad Boling
This is a small book with incredible power. Marcotte never masks emotions, hopes or disappointments. It is the story of true love challenged in a way that reaches into the secluded fear in our hearts that each of us may face a similar battle. I have a far simpler review though: read the book. It will help caregivers navigate the storm.
Robin
Bob,
I just have to sincerly thank you on so many levels!!! You must be one of the most loving parter in the whole world..Your love and faith are so admirable.
I also found some answers to the questions that now one could ever make me understand before..page 84....Thank you from the bottom of my soul,,,,,,,,,
Carole
He got it right, and said it all so much better than I ever could.
Mckeespaol.co
Mckeespaol.co marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Irma
Irma marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2013
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2012
Lindsey Trimble
Lindsey Trimble marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2012
Juana Alba
Juana Alba marked it as to-read
Kylie
Kylie marked it as to-read
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Terry Parker
Terry Parker marked it as to-read
Karen French
Karen French marked it as to-read
Huston
Huston marked it as to-read
Anna Schubarth
Anna Schubarth marked it as to-read
Lane Mahnke
Lane Mahnke marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2012
Judie Dooley
Judie Dooley marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2012
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Halita Wilson
Halita Wilson marked it as to-read
Julie F
Julie F marked it as to-read
Mairead
Mairead marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2012
You Mean, Besides the Cancer?: A Caregiver's Journey You Mean, Besides the Cancer?: A Caregiver's Journey