Start by marking “You Mean, Besides the Cancer? A Caregiver's Journey” as Want to Read:
You Mean, Besides the Cancer? A Caregiver's Journey

You Mean, Besides the Cancer? A Caregiver's Journey

Published February 16th 2012 by Friesen Press

Be the first to ask a question about You Mean, Besides the Cancer? A Caregiver's Journey

Bob Marcotte
Mar 01, 2012 Bob Marcotte rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I liked it very much, I wrote it. :)~

You can see more about the book at http://www.besidesthecancer.org

Lisa Taylor
Apr 11, 2012 Lisa Taylor rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-nonfiction
This is truly a unique book, and despite a few personal misgivings, I’m honored to be a part of revealing it to the public.

“You Mean, Besides the Cancer?” Is a creative non-fiction book set up as a series of blog posts written by Bob Marcotte throughout his wife’s battle with a very unique type of cancer. Whether the book is actually a compilation of posts or not is never explicitly stated, but it seems completely genuine. It is so well organized that the reader is never left confused or looking
Donna Mccloskey
Jul 08, 2012 Donna Mccloskey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As soon as this book came out I bought it, but wasn't sure when I'd actually be able to read it. It's been 21 years since I was a caregiver, driving to Stanford sometimes three times a week, and I was intrigued to read how a husband dealt with his wife's cancer, knowing how a wife dealt with her husband's. This book is honest and heart wrenching at the same time. I decided to start reading it this morning, and didn't put it down until I was finished. I would encourage any caregiver to read it, ...more
Paul
Mar 01, 2012 Paul rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Extraordinary honesty, heartbreaking, inspiring. I could not stop reading, it captured my attention and my heart all at the same time. If you know someone going through the daily struggle of cancer, if you are struggling with the disease, or if you just want to better understand the depth of emotion and the sometimes hopelessness that can completely overwhelm, you need to read this book.

If 10 stars were available this book would be a 10+.
Robin
Apr 12, 2012 Robin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-read
Bob,
I just have to sincerly thank you on so many levels!!! You must be one of the most loving parter in the whole world..Your love and faith are so admirable.
I also found some answers to the questions that now one could ever make me understand before..page 84....Thank you from the bottom of my soul,,,,,,,,,
Brad Boling
Aug 12, 2013 Brad Boling rated it it was amazing
This is a small book with incredible power. Marcotte never masks emotions, hopes or disappointments. It is the story of true love challenged in a way that reaches into the secluded fear in our hearts that each of us may face a similar battle. I have a far simpler review though: read the book. It will help caregivers navigate the storm.
Carole
Mar 04, 2012 Carole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
He got it right, and said it all so much better than I ever could.
Dawn Wells
Dawn Wells rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2013
Lynda Schuchert
Lynda Schuchert rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2013
Taylor
Taylor rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2012
Bob Marcotte
Mar 01, 2012 Bob Marcotte added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Mairead
Mairead marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2012
Julie F
Julie F marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2012
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2012
Judie Dooley
Judie Dooley marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2012
Lane Mahnke
Lane Mahnke marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2012
Anna Schubarth
Anna Schubarth marked it as to-read
Huston
Huston marked it as to-read
Karen French
Karen French marked it as to-read
Terry Parker
Terry Parker marked it as to-read
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Kylie
Kylie marked it as to-read
Juana Alba
Juana Alba marked it as to-read
Lindsey Trimble
Lindsey Trimble marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2012
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2012
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2013
Irma
Irma marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Mckeespaol.co
Mckeespaol.co marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014