Status Dramaticus  (EMS Heat, #13)

Status Dramaticus (EMS Heat #13)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  297 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Newbie paramedic Dakota knows that the other EMS workers like to call him by his nickname, Status Dramaticus. But it’s not his fault, honestly. Okay, so maybe he got into a huge, overblown breakup with one of his boyfriends while they were on the job. And maybe he’d crashed the rig once or twice or…so, but that could have happened to anybody. The exploding oxygen tank inci...more
Published March 1st 2012 by eXtasy Books

To ask other readers questions about Status Dramaticus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Status Dramaticus

Veronica / Miss V
I have a confession to make,after Fubar I said to myself, I will never buy another sequel from this series.
I couldn't help it as I always buy every single new release form this author.
Honestly, this sequel is much, much better than Fubar, and this 2 MC were great, specially Dakota, he was just adorable.
I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait for the next sequel and read about the Dakota's twin.
Perpetua
Tailtiu
After the last book FUBAR I was sure not to by more books from this series...but I couldn't resist.
This one is much better! I loved Dakota, he often made me laugh and I'm really looking out for his twin Houston's story.

I would have given the last 1/2* but there's one huge WTF (view spoiler)...more
Deeze
Another fun read. Loved Dakota and will look forward to reading Houstons story.

I just wish there was a little more attention paid to the detail stuff. A very public break up with the BF that you never even kissed? Really?
Nikko
Well, let's just say that my favourite bks from this series are Light n sirens and Code blue.. The rest are ok in my opinion.. Including this one..
Ashley Cox
Cute addition to the EMS Heat series, I am actually really looking forward to reading more about Dakota's twin, Houston.
Alina
Another nice book :)
Dakota's adorable and Charlie's protective and hot ))) I liked it and can't wait for the next installment!
Gabbi

4.5 Stars

Dakota has only worked as an EMT in Flint for a very short time, and because the endless amount of drama keeps following him around, he’s been nicknamed Status Dramaticus. Dakota hates this nickname, and doesn’t really understand why people insist on calling him this. Since he’s the newbie on the EMT team, he valiantly does his job well, but no matter how hard he tries, drama and mishaps seem to follow him around. One night while running late for w...more
Nic
The EMS Heat Series by Stephanie Hecht

I’m reviewing this entire series in one go because they all have similar themes. Each book is short and sweet – little bite-sized stories when you want to pick up something quick to read (I read each one in one sitting).

This is one of those series (previously called St Michael’s) that centres on a group of men who work in emergency services. It is a glorious combination of EMTs, firemen, nurses, doctors…

Each book is relatively short (<100 pages) and make...more
Arthur
Dakota was a young man that seemed to attract troubles. Some were of his own making, but others were simply from bad luck. Like when he got into a car accident with a Bambi, and just happened that he was caught by Charlie, the hunk detective whom he had an eye on. Charlie never had a relationship. He was a player. But somehow Dakota push all of his buttons. He learned about Dakota's fighting with his firefighter ex boyfriend ((view spoiler)...more
L-D
Why is this book so short? It makes everything so rushed. Charlie is a Brad Pitt / Ryan Reynolds look-alike that has a different guy every night but he falls in love with Dakota in a day and wants to stop all his philandering ways? You have to give me a little more than that to go on. Sure, Dakota is a sweet kid, but I didn't feel the connection that would make such a player settle down and so quickly too.

It was a nice quick read, but these stories are really just too short. I'm glad I bought it...more
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
Full Review: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...

I really liked Dakota. He is new at his job and he works really hard to do it well, even though strange things keep happening around him. Charlie is a player with a reputation, but he seems to see more in Dakota than just a one night thing. This was a short, cute read where Dakota is the big star. You can´t help but like him. If you have read any of the other books in the series you also get to revisit some of the previous characters which is...more
Bdbaficionada
As others have said and myself included this series started out really good but has died off as it moves forward. This last book though for me has revived the series. Bring back some of the characters like Matt and Lucas from book three (which I loved) added a great element. This book had humor that was funny and I loved how the relationship didn't move to the typical "instant i love you" between the characters that this author so often does. I am eager to read the next book (Houston's) and see...more
Diane
This is easily one of my favorites in the series!

Dakota is such a sweetheart! And you just know that Charlie is going to have more to him than being just a player, or that there is some other reason for him being a player!

I liked how this story developed, how protective so many of the team were with Dakota, as well as his brother, Houston, and that while everyone was warning him about Charlie, he gave him a chance and they could see where things could go for them....loved the way it played out!
Tam
Apr 24, 2012 Tam rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Another sweet story which was what I was in the mood for. The guy who if not for bad luck would have no luck at all and the confident player cop. I liked how Dakota's partner warmed up to him and watched out for him. My only confusion was Dakota claims to have never been kissed but they said he broke up with his boyfriend on the job (one of his drama fits) but could you date someone and be considered their boyfriend and never even kissed? Maybe no sex, but no kissing? Hmmm.
Kinny
Dakota is a shy trouble magnet virgin while Charlie is the ultimate player who knows he's gorgeous and discards men like tissue paper. You would think Dakota would be easy prey and heartbroken in less than 24 hours right? No way. Dakota grew on Charlie until he could think of no one else. This was so cute.

Dying to hear about Houston's story next. Don't like all the stories in this series as some are heavy but this I recommend.
Lipvixen
OMG, this is hilarious! Dakota is just the cutest thing! He may be slightly neurotic and accident prone but honestly... It's not his fault trouble just finds him. He is kind hearted although scatterbrained but his heart and personality is just golden. He is witty and snarky too.
Dre
Love this series... they are always short and sweet, and I always enjoy the characters. You gotta love Matt too. He tends to show up in a lot of the books, and I LOVE his sense of humor. Can't wait for Bagged and Tagged's story.
Janie
OMG I love books where one gay guy is pretty clumsy and dramatic, it just makes for such a great and funny read and Dakota did not disappoint. And I sure hope Charlie stays being faithful to Dakota or I will be pissed.
Meggie
This part was a light starting romance between newbie paramedic Dakota and police officer Charlie. The short storyline is to basic and bland, but I did like the couple. Sadly it's to short for my taste.
ReviewerLarissa
Not a bad read an i enjoyed Dakota's character. Woe is him. He's even worse than some of the characters featured in this auhor's stories. Just a little short, again.
Tame
3.5 stars---cute, short, sweet, sexy EMS Heat read! I LOVED DAKOTA---he was too adorable for words :) Hope the next story is about Houston, his brother~~~
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Light, short and fluffy! I know what I'm getting with these books and when I need a little fun and sexy I read a EMS story!
oceankitty
3.5-4

Overall one of Hecht's better efforts I think. I love the simple and sweet way she writes but it ain't rocket science!
Charneen
her funny characters are always the best even in lost shifters I found them the best they the ones that need the most protecting.
Betryal
A really great read if you're needing something humorous after reading one or two that's intense.
Alli
Always nice little HEA stories but way too short so there is very little character development
Janna
Short and cute addition to this series. Dakota made me smile a lot. :)
Kristine Cassan
Seemed a little short. It was good though.
Lucy
OH Bertha. Gotta love her.
  • The Policeman's Balls  (Handcuffs and Lace, #25)
  • In My Arms Tonight (Love in XXchange, #8)
  • Fireman's Carry (Carry Me, #1)
  • Face Value (Sanctuary, #3)
  • Shadow Soldier (Cattle Valley, #26)
  • Detour (Something in Common, #1)
  • Broken Wings (Lost Boys and Love Letters, #4)
  • A Luminous Touch (Senses and Sensations, #3)
  • Love Means... Renewal (Farm, #5.5)
  • Slow Burn
  • Bartender, PI
  • Search Me (Cover Me, #3)
  • Priceless (The Gods, #1)
  • Sinders and Ash
  • Full Disclosure (Hollywood #3)
2047242
Stephani Hecht is a happily married mother of two. Born and raised in Michigan, she loves all things about the state, from the frigid winters to the Detroit Red Wings hockey team. Go Wings! You can usually find her snuggled up to her laptop, creating her next book or gorging on caffeine at her favorite coffee shop.

When she’s not running around like crazy, trying to get her kids to their various ac...more
More about Stephani Hecht...
Primal Passions (Lost Shifters, #1) Savage Awakenings (Lost Shifters, #3) Carnal Intentions (Lost Shifters, #4) A Feral Christmas (Lost Shifters, #2) An Assassin's Touch (Lost Shifters, #9)