Start by marking “Status Dramaticus (EMS Heat, #13)” as Want to Read:
Status Dramaticus  (EMS Heat, #13)

Status Dramaticus (EMS Heat #13)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  350 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Newbie paramedic Dakota knows that the other EMS workers like to call him by his nickname, Status Dramaticus. But it’s not his fault, honestly. Okay, so maybe he got into a huge, overblown breakup with one of his boyfriends while they were on the job. And maybe he’d crashed the rig once or twice or…so, but that could have happened to anybody. The exploding oxygen tank inci ...more
Published March 1st 2012 by eXtasy Books

To ask other readers questions about Status Dramaticus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Status Dramaticus

Veronica /  V
Mar 02, 2012 Veronica / V rated it really liked it
I have a confession to make,after Fubar I said to myself, I will never buy another sequel from this series.
I couldn't help it as I always buy every single new release form this author.
Honestly, this sequel is much, much better than Fubar, and this 2 MC were great, specially Dakota, he was just adorable.
I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait for the next sequel and read about the Dakota's twin.
Perpetua
Mar 05, 2012 Perpetua rated it it was ok
Tailtiu
Mar 02, 2012 Tailtiu rated it liked it
After the last book FUBAR I was sure not to by more books from this series...but I couldn't resist.
This one is much better! I loved Dakota, he often made me laugh and I'm really looking out for his twin Houston's story.

I would have given the last 1/2* but there's one huge WTF (view spoiler)
Deeze
Mar 05, 2012 Deeze rated it liked it
Shelves: quick-easy-reads
Another fun read. Loved Dakota and will look forward to reading Houstons story.

I just wish there was a little more attention paid to the detail stuff. A very public break up with the BF that you never even kissed? Really?
Nikko
Mar 03, 2012 Nikko rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Well, let's just say that my favourite bks from this series are Light n sirens and Code blue.. The rest are ok in my opinion.. Including this one..
Ashley Cox
Mar 01, 2012 Ashley Cox rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Cute addition to the EMS Heat series, I am actually really looking forward to reading more about Dakota's twin, Houston.
Alina
Mar 23, 2012 Alina rated it it was amazing
Another nice book :)
Dakota's adorable and Charlie's protective and hot ))) I liked it and can't wait for the next installment!
Gabbi
Apr 21, 2012 Gabbi rated it really liked it

4.5 Stars

Dakota has only worked as an EMT in Flint for a very short time, and because the endless amount of drama keeps following him around, he’s been nicknamed Status Dramaticus. Dakota hates this nickname, and doesn’t really understand why people insist on calling him this. Since he’s the newbie on the EMT team, he valiantly does his job well, but no matter how hard he tries, drama and mishaps seem to follow him around. One night while running late for w
Nic
The EMS Heat Series by Stephanie Hecht

I’m reviewing this entire series in one go because they all have similar themes. Each book is short and sweet – little bite-sized stories when you want to pick up something quick to read (I read each one in one sitting).

This is one of those series (previously called St Michael’s) that centres on a group of men who work in emergency services. It is a glorious combination of EMTs, firemen, nurses, doctors…

Each book is relatively short (<100 pages) and make
Arthur
Jul 23, 2012 Arthur rated it really liked it
Dakota was a young man that seemed to attract troubles. Some were of his own making, but others were simply from bad luck. Like when he got into a car accident with a Bambi, and just happened that he was caught by Charlie, the hunk detective whom he had an eye on. Charlie never had a relationship. He was a player. But somehow Dakota push all of his buttons. He learned about Dakota's fighting with his firefighter ex boyfriend ((view spoiler) ...more
L-D
Why is this book so short? It makes everything so rushed. Charlie is a Brad Pitt / Ryan Reynolds look-alike that has a different guy every night but he falls in love with Dakota in a day and wants to stop all his philandering ways? You have to give me a little more than that to go on. Sure, Dakota is a sweet kid, but I didn't feel the connection that would make such a player settle down and so quickly too.

It was a nice quick read, but these stories are really just too short. I'm glad I bought it
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
Full Review: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...

I really liked Dakota. He is new at his job and he works really hard to do it well, even though strange things keep happening around him. Charlie is a player with a reputation, but he seems to see more in Dakota than just a one night thing. This was a short, cute read where Dakota is the big star. You cant help but like him. If you have read any of the other books in the series you also get to revisit some of the previous characters which is f
Bdbaficionada
May 19, 2012 Bdbaficionada rated it really liked it
As others have said and myself included this series started out really good but has died off as it moves forward. This last book though for me has revived the series. Bring back some of the characters like Matt and Lucas from book three (which I loved) added a great element. This book had humor that was funny and I loved how the relationship didn't move to the typical "instant i love you" between the characters that this author so often does. I am eager to read the next book (Houston's) and see ...more
Diane
Jul 21, 2012 Diane rated it really liked it
This is easily one of my favorites in the series!

Dakota is such a sweetheart! And you just know that Charlie is going to have more to him than being just a player, or that there is some other reason for him being a player!

I liked how this story developed, how protective so many of the team were with Dakota, as well as his brother, Houston, and that while everyone was warning him about Charlie, he gave him a chance and they could see where things could go for them....loved the way it played out!
Tam
Apr 24, 2012 Tam rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Another sweet story which was what I was in the mood for. The guy who if not for bad luck would have no luck at all and the confident player cop. I liked how Dakota's partner warmed up to him and watched out for him. My only confusion was Dakota claims to have never been kissed but they said he broke up with his boyfriend on the job (one of his drama fits) but could you date someone and be considered their boyfriend and never even kissed? Maybe no sex, but no kissing? Hmmm.
Kinny
Apr 22, 2012 Kinny rated it it was amazing
Dakota is a shy trouble magnet virgin while Charlie is the ultimate player who knows he's gorgeous and discards men like tissue paper. You would think Dakota would be easy prey and heartbroken in less than 24 hours right? No way. Dakota grew on Charlie until he could think of no one else. This was so cute.

Dying to hear about Houston's story next. Don't like all the stories in this series as some are heavy but this I recommend.
Lipvixen
May 08, 2012 Lipvixen rated it it was amazing
OMG, this is hilarious! Dakota is just the cutest thing! He may be slightly neurotic and accident prone but honestly... It's not his fault trouble just finds him. He is kind hearted although scatterbrained but his heart and personality is just golden. He is witty and snarky too.
Dre
Love this series... they are always short and sweet, and I always enjoy the characters. You gotta love Matt too. He tends to show up in a lot of the books, and I LOVE his sense of humor. Can't wait for Bagged and Tagged's story.
Janie
Nov 11, 2013 Janie rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
OMG I love books where one gay guy is pretty clumsy and dramatic, it just makes for such a great and funny read and Dakota did not disappoint. And I sure hope Charlie stays being faithful to Dakota or I will be pissed.
Meggie
Jun 06, 2012 Meggie rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, novella
This part was a light starting romance between newbie paramedic Dakota and police officer Charlie. The short storyline is to basic and bland, but I did like the couple. Sadly it's to short for my taste.
ReviewerLarissa
Not a bad read an i enjoyed Dakota's character. Woe is him. He's even worse than some of the characters featured in this auhor's stories. Just a little short, again.
Tame
Mar 04, 2012 Tame rated it liked it
3.5 stars---cute, short, sweet, sexy EMS Heat read! I LOVED DAKOTA---he was too adorable for words :) Hope the next story is about Houston, his brother~~~
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Light, short and fluffy! I know what I'm getting with these books and when I need a little fun and sexy I read a EMS story!
Charneen
Apr 18, 2013 Charneen rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay-books
her funny characters are always the best even in lost shifters I found them the best they the ones that need the most protecting.
Susan
Jan 06, 2015 Susan rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm-read, z-2015
The books in this series are getting shorter and shorter. I feel like I'd just started it and then it was over.
Betryal
Mar 06, 2012 Betryal rated it really liked it
A really great read if you're needing something humorous after reading one or two that's intense.
Alli
Mar 09, 2012 Alli rated it really liked it
Always nice little HEA stories but way too short so there is very little character development
Janna
Mar 17, 2012 Janna rated it liked it
Short and cute addition to this series. Dakota made me smile a lot. :)
Kristine Cassan
Oct 28, 2013 Kristine Cassan rated it liked it
Seemed a little short. It was good though.
Lucy
Jul 26, 2012 Lucy rated it liked it
OH Bertha. Gotta love her.
  • The Policeman's Balls (Balls to the Wall #3)
  • Face Value (Sanctuary, #3)
  • A Luminous Touch (Senses and Sensations, #3)
  • Shadow Soldier (Cattle Valley, #26)
  • Letting Go (Rock Bay, #2)
  • Wicked Intentions (Bonds of Justice, #1)
  • Burnin' for You (Burnin' for You, #1)
  • In My Arms Tonight (Love in XXchange, #8)
  • Fire Balls  (Balls to the Wall, #2)
  • Saved by the Hawk (Birds of Prey, #1)
  • The Statue
  • Bartender, PI
  • Just A Vampire (Tribal Bonds #1)
  • Handcuffs and Headlocks (Rawlings Men #3)
  • Fireman's Carry (Carry Me #1)
  • Broken Wings (Lost Boys and Love Letters, #4)
  • Mending Noel (North Pole City Tales #1)
  • The Magic in Your Touch (Reed, #1)
2047242
Stephani Hecht is a happily married mother of two. Born and raised in Michigan, she loves all things about the state, from the frigid winters to the Detroit Red Wings hockey team. Go Wings! You can usually find her snuggled up to her laptop, creating her next book or gorging on caffeine at her favorite coffee shop.

When she’s not running around like crazy, trying to get her kids to their various ac
More about Stephani Hecht...

EMS Heat (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Running Hot (EMS Heat, #1)
  • Man Down (EMS Heat, #2)
  • Lights and Sirens (EMS Heat, #3)
  • Priority One (EMS Heat, #4)
  • Code Blue (EMS Heat, #5)
  • Red Lights and Silver Bells (EMS Heat, #6)
  • High Flow (EMS Heat, #7)
  • Three-Alarm Fire (EMS Heat, #8)
  • Shades of the Past (EMS Heat, #9)
  • In His Hero's Shadow (EMS Heat, #10)