Start by marking “Scandalosa Isabella” as Want to Read:
Scandalosa Isabella

Scandalosa Isabella (MacKenzies & McBrides #2)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  8,209 ratings  ·  579 reviews
Inghilterra - Scozia, 1881
Lasciatosi alle spalle la sregolata vita dell'artista, da anni Lord Mac Mackenzie si è imposto una ferrea astinenza dall'alcol e dal sesso e ha smesso di dipingere. Quando però nella sua vita ricompare la moglie con cui aveva vissuto un tormentato rapporto fatto di passione sfrenata e litigi furibondi, Mac ritrova magicamente l'ispirazione. Isabel
Mass Market Paperback, 315 pages
Published July 1st 2011 by Harlequin Mondadori, I Grandi Romanzi Storici n.785 (first published July 6th 2010)

Jessica Hatfield
5 Scandalous Stars

photo 7337085_zpsaufhc5zb.gif

“Isabella.” The word came out half whisper, half moan. “I’ve missed you so much.” “I’ve missed you.” She touched his face, her hand cool and soft. “I do miss you, Mac.”

I am enjoying the hell outta this series! I was a little fearful when I started this book. I worried that Ian's book would have set the bar too high and this one would never live up to the love I have for Ian. I was so wrong OMG!!!! This book was so damn good. I think I have a weakness for sexy Scottish men.

Blacky *Romance Addict*
“It is a game, my love.” He held her gaze. “It is the most serious game I’ve ever engaged in. And I intend to win it. I will have you back, Isabella—in my life, in my house, and in my bed.”

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Loved this book Photobucket but most of all, I loved the romance! Photobucket So great to read a historical where the heroine isn't a virginal miss, but a married woman, and the couple know each other (well, they're married Photobucket)
This is the story about forgiveness and making peace with the past, but ultimately, SEDUCTION Photobucket

“My dear Is
UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick

Having read and LOVED The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie, I thought I’d go crazy waiting for this book to come out, and at times I nearly did. But let me just say, it was well worth the wait!

Lady Isabella’s Scandalous Marriage is, of course, Roland “Mac” and Isabella Mackenzie’s story. From the first book in the Highland Pleasures series, we learned that they had married under unconventional, AKA scandalous, circumstances, then separated a few years later. It was clear that their relationship ha
It's just me Shelly B

"Now I dare you, my fine lady from Miss Pringle's Academy: From which part of my anatomy would you like to lick this cream?"

Can I answer that question? PLEASE.....let me answer!!!!!!!!

This book 2 in the Mackenzie series and I will have to say that, once again, I'm in love with another Mackenzie brother. Good lord these men are so delicious and they wear kilts..........YES I said KILTS!!!!!!!

This is Lord "Mac" Mckenzie and Isabella's story. They were married 6 years ago but they have been separat
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED

"Then another of your weapons is dancing me until my feet hurt," Isabella said. "That and your kilt."
He looked nonplussed. "My kilt?"
"You look particularly fine in a kilt."
Mac's gaze flickered. "Yes, I remember, you always liked looking at my legs. And other parts of my anatomy. Rumor has it that a Scotsman wears nothing at all under his kilt."

London, 1881
Even though the scandalous Lord Roland (what a name; I can understand why Mac didn't want to be called Roland) "Mac" Mac
Laura the Highland Hussy
I just absolutely loved Lord Ian, so I was doubly looking forward to this one. Once again, I was not disappointed. It was great, a different take on a relationship in an Historical Romance.

Mac Mackenzie was dared to crash a debutante's coming out ball, steal a kiss from her, and bail. Oooh, boy did Mac get more than he bargained for. He got his sweet kiss from Lady Isabella and knew that he needed more, so off they went to get married! And for three years, they had some very passionate ups and
Beanbag Love
I'm just in love with this series. I mean, seriously in love. Like, get married, buy a house together and have 2.5 kids in love.

This follow-up to the remarkable "The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie" has just as much angst, romance, spark, sensuality and suspense as its predecessor. "Mac" MacKenzie is a wonderful tortured hero and Isabella is a complex, brave heroine. They are both deeply in love and readily admit it, but so much has happened and they both still hurt so much, you wonder if they ca
KarenH
We all read book after book after book. Some make us laugh out loud, others have us shedding more than our fair share of tears while still others have us gripping the book with white-knuckled intensity as the suspense builds page by page. But how often do you come across a book that engages all of these emotions and manages to seize your heart as well? Such was the case for me with Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage by Jennifer Ashley.

On the night of her coming-out ball, Isabella met and fell i
Ally72
I loved Mac and Isabella's story and I feel this book has ruined me for any other historical romances that I might want to read next. The Mackenzie family is wonderful and it was great to find out how Ian and Beth were doing in this one. Mac is definitely swoon worthy material and Isabella was the perfect match for him. This is one of the first romances that I have enjoyed where the couple was married at one point and then separated to only be reunited again. If I could give this a higher rating ...more
Ronyell
After reading Jennifer Ashley’s classic debut book “The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie,” I just had to read the second book in the “Highland Pleasures” series to satisfy my tastes for “highlander romance!” The second book “Lady Isabella’s Scandalous Marriage” definitely did not disappoint me in the least and it stars Mac Mackenzie, Ian’s older brother and his estranged yet strong willed wife, Isabella Scranton! Just like its predecessor, “Lady Isabella’s Scandalous Marriage” has the trappings of ...more
Duchess Nicole
"It is a game, my love." He held her gaze. "It is the most serious game I've ever engaged in. And I intend to win it. I will have you back, Isabella - in my life, in my house, and in my bed."

I have very mixed feelings about this book. On one hand, I think the subject matter hit a little too close to home for me in a couple of ways, and this sort of spun me in to a bit of depression. On the other, either this author has had firsthand knowledge of some of the details about the book or knows someon
NiteReader
I am crazy for this series!
This one was almost as awesome as the first book; I savored every moment of Isabella and Mac. I think I'm only giving it 4 stars because the chemistry between the them didn't quite live up to the epicness that was Ian and Beth!! I'm off to start the next book about sinful Cameron...
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
I LOVED Ian MacKenzie so I was a little skeptical about reading about Mac and Isabella. Don’t get me wrong, I found them both likeable characters but after starting off with such a great book, I was honestly expecting something less than spectacular for this one. After all, I’m not usually a fan of rekindled romances.

The reason being that is that half of the romance has been told before the actual book. Therefore, we only get glimpses here and there of their past love and the writer has to work
LuvGirl
I just finished reading The Madness Of Lord Ian Mackenzie and I thought that book was okay and was looking forward to this insallment since the couple captivated me in the prior book. I'm sad to say that the hero and heroine are not as captivating in their own book. From the start, I realized that they were not as interesting as they were before. Something was missing from each of them. The heroine's personality didn't seem so unique and wild anymore, and the hero lost his sex appeal because he ...more
Sophie ♥
My hopes for this book weren't very high when I started and to be honest, Mac really couldn't compare with the adorableness of Ian. He wasn't a bad hero, he just wasn't Ian. I spent most of this book fawning over Ian from afar. Somehow I found myself even more in love with him than when I finished The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie.

"Ian propped himself on his elbow as Mac approached, remaining by Beth’s side like a protective dragon."

"Ian planted himself in front of Mac and waited for Mac to not
Rhonda
I never thought I would love a man named Mac. But I have fallen absolutely head over heels in love with the sexy, charming, and seductive Lord Mac Mackenzie.
Mac is a famed artist who met and married Isabella Scranton on the night of her coming out debut six years earlier. After three years of troubled marriage and tragic events, Isabella leaves Mac.(yup) After being legally separated for three years, life events bring Isabella and Mac face to face. Isabella still loves her husband, but is stil
Katie(babs)
Lord Mac Mackenzie is a legend as a respected painter compared to the likes of Monet. Mac lives and breaths for his art, but his muse is missing. The reason is because his wife, who he loves dearly, left him three years ago after being fed up with his disappearing for weeks on end and drinking himself into a stupor. The moment his Isabella separated from him, Mac turned over a new leaf and would do whatever he could to make her come back. But it hasn't worked. Only recently have they started tal ...more
Wendy
Another great read! I really love Mac Mackenzie's sense of humor and his easy going lovable manner. He's such a sweetie. But what I enjoyed most of all is seeing glimpses of Ian and Beth's life and how happy she makes him. Ian is so special to me *sigh*

What can I say but I've fallen in love with the Mackenzie brothers, peculiarities and all. Love this series!
Jennifer Ashley
Mac and Isabella's story
Catherine
This is book two in the Highland Pleasures series. The first book was The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie. I recommend reading these in order, because I feel it creates a richer back story.

This book was nothing like I expected it to be. From the hints we received in Ian's book, it seemed like Isabella and Mac had much stronger feelings than I felt were portrayed here. Call me crazy, but when you're fed up enough to leave someone (even if you love them) there are strong emotions there. Even though
Ivy Deluca
When this second book in the Mackenzie series begins, Mac and Isabella have been separated for over three years. Their volatile relationship simply couldn’t withstand their fights and Mac’s drinking. Mac is challenged to paint some erotic paintings, and there’s a doppelganger Mac on the loose. So Isabella and Mac join forces, and then, romance….

description
-Excellent dissection of a couple in crisis: Though it hasn’t gripped me in quite the same way as Ian’s story did, I still enjoyed the way Ms. Ashley le
Mandi Schreiner
Why I read: Adored the first book in this series, The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie.

Favorite Quote: “I love you,” he said brokenly. “I love you, my little Sassenach vixen.”

Lady Isabella Scranton and Lord Mac Mackenzie made every gossip paper in London when they eloped six years ago after falling in love at first sight. Although extremely wealthy, Mac who comes from a very boisterous family, is not the match Isabella’s family wants for her. Disowning her, Isabella was heartbroken, but so in love
Quinn
While Lady Isabella’s Scandalous Marriage didn’t quite have the ‘wow’ factor and magic of The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie, it was still a wonderful and very worthy historical romance in its own right, and cemented Jennifer Ashley as one of my auto-read authors.

I would recommend reading The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie before this one, because we first meet Roland ‘Mac’ MacKenzie and Isabella Scranton in that book, along with the rest of the MacKenzie family, and it will give you a better appr
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
Lady Isabella met and married Lord Roland "Mac" Mackenzie on the night of her debut ball, causing a massive scandal. However, three years later she causes another scandal by separating from him. Three and a half years later, Mac has changed from the drunk and wild youth he was when he first married Isabella and is determined to win his wife back, the wife he has never stopped loving.

I love the first book in this series, The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie, it is one of my favourite all time histo
Bookwatcher
***Mac Mackenzie philosophy***
[image error]

After the incredible first book of this serie The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures, #1) by Jennifer Ashley I was certain that Jennifer Ashley would be incapable of create another great hero (I love Ian Mackenzie from the first book). I was soooooooo wrong! The Highland Pleasures 2 is wonderful!
Again the write create a wonderful historical romance, with a lot of suspense and hot scenes!
I love Mac and Isabella, and all the parts where Ian and Beth participate in this book! So much fun read about the chaos of th
Kitten Mercer ❀Q's Esclave❀
“I loved and adored you, but I drained you like a thirsty man at a spring. I loved what you could give me — your admiration, your acceptance, your love, your forgiveness. I forgot to love you for yourself.”

4 Scandalous stars! I didn't love this book as much as I loved Ian's story. But it was still a decent, stellar read. I was fascinated with Mac and Isabella's story because I love second chances in romance, most especially when both the hero and heroine remain faithful to each other despite t
Rachel Regina
Overall rating: 4.75 "My little Sassenach" stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)
Intimate pasts of hero/heroine: (view spoiler)
Karen
4 STARS

“It’s a game my love…. It’s the most serious game I’ve ever engaged in. And I intend to win it. I will have you back, Isabella - in my life, in my house, and in my bed.”

photo 78d8eabfa1b4e55c1b450ab06b5d9ab4.jpg

Yes, we are back to the Mackenzie men… and what a fabulous place to be. I think I would like to pack up my bags… find some standing stones and dive right into the past. I would head straight for Kilmorgan Castle.

photo 6b88e199d507ad3f92d78dd9b74925f0.jpg

Only one problem though… which one to choose. Seriously these men are HOT, and all wickedly sexy, tragical
Laurie Garrison
Before I get into the review I would like to say for those of you that loves PNR and has never tried a historical this would be an excellent series to try. You still get adventure and the great hot sex thats in PNR of course, you’d miss the paranormal part, but with all the fun that’s in this series I don’t think you’d miss it much.

The second book in the Mackenzie series did not disappoint me one bit. My words for the whole book is delightfully fun! Jennifer Ashley does it again I had a hard tim
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness
Reviewed for http://shamelessromancereviews.blogsp...

I used to hare the idea of men in kilts. "Their bloody skirts" I would say.

I HAVE BEEN REFORMED

Ill have to start by saying that after studying the cover, I cannot fault any missing hands :(

Lady Isabella's Scandalous marriage is the second in the 'Highland Pleasures' series. And after reading and being irrevocably moved by 'Lord Ian Mackenzie' saying that I was eager for the follow up is somewhat an understatement.

I have to say of course that
  • Between the Devil and Desire (Scoundrels of St. James, #2)
  • Scandalous Desires (Maiden Lane, #3)
  • Unraveled (Turner, #3)
  • Reckless (The House of Rohan, #2)
  • The Viper (Highland Guard, #4)
  • Defiant (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3)
  • A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)
  • Sinful (Addicted #2)
  • Always a Temptress (The Drake's Rakes #3)
  • Claiming the Courtesan
  • Not Quite a Husband
  • A Lady's Lesson in Scandal
  • England's Perfect Hero (Lessons in Love, #3)
NY Times Bestselling author Jennifer Ashley writes historical and paranormal romance and historical mysteries, as Jennifer Ashley, Allyson James, and Ashley Gardner.

Jennifer's novels have won RWA's RITA and RT Reviewer's Choice awards. More about her books at http://www.jenniferashley.com, http://www.allysonjames.com, and http://gardnermysteries.com.
More about Jennifer Ashley...

MacKenzies & McBrides (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #1)
  • The Many Sins Of Lord Cameron (MacKenzies & McBrides, #3)
  • The Duke's Perfect Wife (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4)
  • A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4.5)
  • The Seduction Of Elliot McBride (MacKenzies & McBrides, #5)
  • The Untamed MacKenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #5.5)
  • The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #6)
  • Scandal And The Duchess (MacKenzies & McBrides, #6.5)
  • Rules for a Proper Governess (MacKenzies & McBrides, #7)
  • A MacKenzie Clan Gathering (MacKenzies & McBrides, #7.5)
The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #1) Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1) The Many Sins Of Lord Cameron (MacKenzies & McBrides, #3) Primal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2) The Duke's Perfect Wife (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4)

“I loved and adored you, but I drained you like a thirsty man at a spring. I loved what you could give me - your admiration, your acceptance, your love, your forgiveness. I forgot to love you for yourself.” 89 likes
“Marry in haste, Repent at leisure.” 9 likes