Start by marking “Steam and Sorcery (Hayle Coven Histories, #3)” as Want to Read:
Steam and Sorcery (Hayle Coven Histories, #3)

Steam and Sorcery (Hayle Coven Histories #3)

Captive of the Brotherhood

“Now you understand the rules of this particular engagement,” Samuel said with great and exaggerated casualness. “If you obey, all is well.”

I locked eyes with Kate over the feast of food, mouth dry as dust.

“And if I resist?” Great tears welled in my friend’s eyes, her head dropping as she covered her face with her hands.

“Why,” Samuel said with fal
Published March 1st 2012 by Patti Larsen Books (first published February 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Steam and Sorcery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Steam and Sorcery

Jun 13, 2012 Tricia rated it liked it
Book 3 of the Blood and Gold series. Burdie finds herself in deep. She and her friends race to find answers before it is too late. There is a definite deadline and they all fear what will happen if they miss it. More betrayal, deceit, and running for their lives, even the characters begin to question whether they are somehow cursed; they just can't seem to catch a break. With so much going on, Burdie wonders if she can trust her heart and motives.

I gave this book 3(.5) stars. Though I am enjoyin
Phaedra Seabolt
Apr 03, 2012 Phaedra Seabolt rated it it was amazing
When book 2 ends, you have learned that Burdie is an anomaly by having two magics inside of her. She is a witch and a sorcerer. From what you learn throughout the entire series, these two magics are at odds inside of Burdie because witchcraft uses the earth itself and heals the earth while sorcery uses materials and depletes the energy within them. In other words, witchcraft heals and sorcery kills. No wonder Burdie is struggling to use either sets of power and why they don't want to be used tog ...more
Jun 30, 2012 Marti rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
I'm not really a fan of trilogies even though I know they're all the rage right now. There was some fairly interesting action but with all the things that happened to Auberdeen, the main character, I thought I was reading a remake of "The Perils of Pauline." For the most part, I felt like reading this trilogy was a waste of my time.
Mar 21, 2012 T.G. rated it it was amazing
What an extraordinarily beautiful series! Steam and Sorcery ends Blood and Gold series with an explosion of emotion,and non-stop action, tying off all the loose ends but still leaving you wanting to know more of Burdie and Jack's story.
This series is a must-read for any fan of magical reads!! Loved it!
Nov 26, 2012 Linda added it
Really good. Liked the action and had a lot of heart.
Melissa marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2016
Felicia marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2016
Languster marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2016
Anne Scott
Anne Scott rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2016
Elishia rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2016
Shawna McKinnis
Shawna McKinnis rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2016
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2016
Leila Logan-Sanders
Leila Logan-Sanders rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2016
Elizabeth Cuthbert
Elizabeth Cuthbert rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2016
Jeff marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Carolina marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Janett added it
May 11, 2016
Mandy marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Kathy Boston
Kathy Boston marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Andrea Rangoni
Andrea Rangoni is currently reading it
Apr 02, 2016
Bianca Brown
Bianca Brown marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2016
Deborah Scheidel
Deborah Scheidel rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Fran Hinton
Fran Hinton is currently reading it
Feb 27, 2016
Terry marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Lana marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2015
Chantelle rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2015
Jasmine marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2015
Rosie added it
Oct 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I write a lot of paranormal books for someone who is afraid of the dark. And I wonder why I have to sleep with the lights on. Sometimes life is a teenaged B horror movie and I'm the one who investigates when the scary music is playing. But the voices are calling and resistance is… Yes. I am a Star Trek geek, too. And a fan of RPG’s. With a slight coolness factor since I've been told I'm allowed to ...more
More about Patti Larsen...

Hayle Coven Histories (3 books)
  • Smoke and Magic (Hayle Coven Histories, #1)
  • Fire and Illusion (Hayle Coven Histories, #2)