Start by marking “Steam and Sorcery (Hayle Coven Histories, #3)” as Want to Read:
Steam and Sorcery (Hayle Coven Histories, #3)

Steam and Sorcery (Hayle Coven Histories #3)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Captive of the Brotherhood

“Now you understand the rules of this particular engagement,” Samuel said with great and exaggerated casualness. “If you obey, all is well.”

I locked eyes with Kate over the feast of food, mouth dry as dust.

“And if I resist?” Great tears welled in my friend’s eyes, her head dropping as she covered her face with her hands.

“Why,” Samuel said with fal
ebook
Published March 1st 2012 by Patti Larsen Books (first published February 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Steam and Sorcery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Steam and Sorcery

Tricia
Book 3 of the Blood and Gold series. Burdie finds herself in deep. She and her friends race to find answers before it is too late. There is a definite deadline and they all fear what will happen if they miss it. More betrayal, deceit, and running for their lives, even the characters begin to question whether they are somehow cursed; they just can't seem to catch a break. With so much going on, Burdie wonders if she can trust her heart and motives.

I gave this book 3(.5) stars. Though I am enjoyin
Phaedra Seabolt
When book 2 ends, you have learned that Burdie is an anomaly by having two magics inside of her. She is a witch and a sorcerer. From what you learn throughout the entire series, these two magics are at odds inside of Burdie because witchcraft uses the earth itself and heals the earth while sorcery uses materials and depletes the energy within them. In other words, witchcraft heals and sorcery kills. No wonder Burdie is struggling to use either sets of power and why they don't want to be used tog ...more
Marti
I'm not really a fan of trilogies even though I know they're all the rage right now. There was some fairly interesting action but with all the things that happened to Auberdeen, the main character, I thought I was reading a remake of "The Perils of Pauline." For the most part, I felt like reading this trilogy was a waste of my time.
T.G.
What an extraordinarily beautiful series! Steam and Sorcery ends Blood and Gold series with an explosion of emotion,and non-stop action, tying off all the loose ends but still leaving you wanting to know more of Burdie and Jack's story.
This series is a must-read for any fan of magical reads!! Loved it!
Linda
Nov 26, 2012 Linda added it
Really good. Liked the action and had a lot of heart.
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Cassie Leek
Cassie Leek marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Amber Zade
Amber Zade marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Lee
Lee marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Oliver Urban
Oliver Urban marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
G
G marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Steph
Steph marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Mimi Johnson
Mimi Johnson marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Beizal
Beizal marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Joshua Clamohoy
Joshua Clamohoy marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Melissa Crady
Melissa Crady marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Dogsmom Laura
Dogsmom Laura marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I write a lot of paranormal books for someone who is afraid of the dark. And I wonder why I have to sleep with the lights on. Sometimes life is a teenaged B horror movie and I'm the one who investigates when the scary music is playing. But the voices are calling and resistance is… Yes. I am a Star Trek geek, too. And a fan of RPG’s. With a slight coolness factor since I've been told I'm allowed to ...more
More about Patti Larsen...

Hayle Coven Histories (3 books)
  • Smoke and Magic (Hayle Coven Histories, #1)
  • Fire and Illusion (Hayle Coven Histories, #2)
Family Magic (Hayle Coven, #1) Witch Hunt (Hayle Coven, #2) Demon Child (Hayle Coven, #3) Run (The Hunted, #1) The Wild (Hayle Coven, #4)