Start by marking “Hidden Salem” as Want to Read:
Hidden Salem

Hidden Salem

4.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  40 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Intuition alone brought Makayla to Salem, MA in search of a story, but her research has her confronting more than she bargained for. With her empathic gifts stronger in Witch City, she physcially suffers, landing her literally unconscious in the arms of both Noah Ayers, local cop and Dylan Baines, local history teacher. Yet, it is Lauri, a witch who owns a local shop, who ...more
Published October 15th 2012 by Mitchell Morris Publishing (first published April 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Hidden Salem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden Salem

Alien Species Intervention by J.K. AccinniVampire Princess Rising by Jami BrumfieldTagged by Joseph M. ChironCoast to Coast Paranormal Investigation by Carolyn  BennettThe Witches of Snyder Farms by Lenora Henson
Paranormal Picks
50th out of 223 books — 273 voters
Hidden Salem by Kiki HowellSeven Years by Dannika DarkThe Company of Shadows by Lisa OlsenBroken by David H. BurtonThe Wolf in the Neighborhood by Phoenix Johnson
StoryBundle: Paranormal Romance Bundle
1st out of 26 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Niina
Oct 27, 2012 Niina rated it really liked it
Kind of a perfect fit for Halloween! I usually shy very far away from witch books because they sound so fake to a former eclectic wiccan, but there was something about the blurb of Hidden Salem that made me feel like this book was going to be different - not the flashy, easy witchiness, but the earthy style... with all the eeriness and scariness that go with suspense. And I was right! I love it when that happens! ;)

Makayla was absolutely great to read! As investigating story hunter she's got mox
Naomi
Oct 30, 2012 Naomi rated it it was amazing
I’m a sucker for a great Witch story and this one has just jumped to the top of my list! Makayla has travelled to Salem to pursue her writing career and to develop her empath abilities. Once she arrived in Salem, her abilities triggered immediately and she sees a vision from the past. After the vision fades she falls into the arms of a very handsome cop.... mmm, who wouldn’t be happy with a man in uniform!

I found that I really liked Makayla. She tries to be independent, but she is willing to ask
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books

This was an exciting book. I love books with witches and powers in them, and this one sure did. It was right to excitement within the first 20%. We get a hot cop, a dreamy history teacher, and an evil cult who is after Makayla after she seen them performing an evil ritual. It’s all there, all kinds of excitement.

I was not expecting to like Makayla as much as I did, but I do. I found her to be so strong, mentally. I could not imagine how hard being an empath would be. And to feel the feelings oth
Romancing the Book
Nov 05, 2012 Romancing the Book rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Crystal
Book provided by: Author
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

When I first started reading Hidden Salem, I thought it might be similar to all the other Salem books that I had read but I was wrong and really enjoyed this book. The first couple of pages were a little slow for me but, then the pace starting picking up.

Makayla is a woman that really doesn’t know what to do with her life. She has no connections back in Ohio, except for Denise who she calls Neece. I relate
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
The following review is my opinion and not a paid review. I was given a copy of Hidden Salem from the author for a review via Bewitching Book Tours.

Makayla goes to Salem, MA hunting a story so she can write her book. Upon arriving in Salem she meets two very good looking men. She literally passes out in both of their arms but not at the same time of course. One of the guys is a local cop, Noah Ayers and the other guy is Dylan Baines, the local history teacher.

Dylan is very nice and offers to hel
Whitebeard Books
Mar 30, 2015 Whitebeard Books rated it liked it
What a solid story teller! Ms Howell has a true gem in the rough here. I would have rated it at least a 4.5 or maybe higher if only the writing had been edited professionally or ... well, at all. There are too many instances of poor word selection, i.e. I when it should be me or the opposite. I truly believe that with a thorough editing, this book could be a huge bestseller. Keep at it Kiki, but find an editor you trust.
Petula
May 09, 2015 Petula rated it it was amazing

Makayla is an empath, she can feel the emotions of the people around her and residual emotion even from places. Now she has sold up her house to go on an adventure. She has been stand to Salem. A place rich in history, and a place that might help her understand her own abilities.
As soon as she gets there her visions and feelings seem to get out of her control. She comes to in the arms of a sexy cop.
Makayla meet two men who she is drawn to in different ways. One makes her feel safe and has a ca
April
Aug 04, 2012 April rated it it was amazing
Richly vivid and captivatingly engrossing, Hidden Salem is a mesmerizing tale that blends an eerie historical past with a rather terrifying present. Kiki Howell brings the fascination of the witches of Salem - both past and present - to a brilliant level, adding liberal doses of sensuous love, suspense and murder to provide a hard-to-put-down, provocative and memorable story that you don't want to miss.
Crystal
Aug 02, 2012 Crystal rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading Hidden Salem. You see a lot of books about the Salem Witch Hunt. This one is really different and I just really loved the characters and how they ineract with each other. I enjoyed this paranormal. Had the right amount of suspense and love interest.
Casia Courtier
Apr 26, 2014 Casia Courtier rated it really liked it
Being a lover of paranormal anything, I was instantly drawn to this book. I've always loved the history of Salem and I loved both times I visited. Sure, it's a bit touristy, but there's something about it that makes it beautiful. Minus the terrible history it is known for, of course.

I could see Salem in the book. I knew exactly where the character was and could envision it wonderfully. The story is good. There are a number of characters that you just have to love. However, I didn't feel that the
Kay Collins
Mar 01, 2015 Kay Collins rated it liked it
Shelves: finished
Never knowing what to expect but knowing your going to enjoy the book your reading by Kiki Howell. This book is one of them. Well written and thought out down to the tiniest detail. She really brings the character and book to life for the reader to the point that you become the character, visit the same places and feels the same emotions. Take the time to read the book and find this out for yourself.
Steph Parks
Apr 25, 2015 Steph Parks rated it really liked it
Interesting paranormal witch story set in modern day Salem. I enjoyed the story, and the characters were easy enough to like. What I didn't like about the story was the author's over use of 'flowery' language (mostly in the beginning). It took away from the plot line and made me lose interest a few times. Otherwise, good story with a nice splash of romance.
Catherine Stevenson
Mar 10, 2015 Catherine Stevenson rated it it was amazing
I just recently started reading paranormal genre and I really enjoyed Hidden Salem. I was really drawn into the story. It was very well written and there was no detail that was left out. If you like stories with witches, magic, and suspense I recommend this book. Add in a cute cop, a bit of romance, a great twist and I was hooked.
Denise
May 22, 2014 Denise rated it really liked it
'Hidden Salem' is a good paranormal romance story. I loved the descriptive nature of this story and enjoyed how it played out. The characters were good. The events that arose due to Makayla's arrival in Salem were well written and well thought out. This is a good add to your tbr list.
Donna
Jan 26, 2013 Donna rated it really liked it
What a great story. You are pulled in right from the beginning. It is a well written, interesting mystery/suspense with a great amount of romance added in. All blended together to make a not to be missed paranormal.

Makayla is an interesting character. As we follow her around Salem we learn not only about what she is experiencing but also who she is. As she meets local characters they are incorporated very well into the story.

With the addition of her discovery in the woods we not only have the st
Kim
Sep 07, 2015 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable

Came across this book by accident. I have found some of the best reads that way. This book is no different. I watershed I was pulled away from reading it, and right back at every moment I could get. I will recommend it my friends.
Marcie Wegner
May 17, 2015 Marcie Wegner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I read it in one sitting. The characters and plot were well thought out. I look forward to reading more by Kiki Howell.
Chande
Sep 24, 2013 Chande rated it it was amazing
This story is will hook you from the beginning to the end. If you enjoy paranormal and stories about witches and true love than this is a book for you. It has great suspense and action to to keep you tuning the pages. If your looking for a good paranormal read this book has it all.
Marjorie
Marjorie marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Roxanne
Roxanne rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Alexis Phillips
Alexis Phillips marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Jeana Phillips
Jeana Phillips marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Noel
Noel marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
April Barnes
April Barnes is currently reading it
Dec 25, 2015
Reelika Raimet
Reelika Raimet marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Kimmy
Kimmy marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
Shauna Bennett
Shauna Bennett marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
  • Emily's Trial (Akasha Chronicles, #2)
  • Mark of the Witch (Boston Witches, #1)
  • Creatures of Fire
  • Edge of Truth
  • Forsaken
  • Forbidden Life (Forbidden, #3)
  • When Silver Moons Rise (Lost Immortals, #2)
  • Waking Up in the Wrong Bed
  • The Violet Fox (The Violet Fox, #1)
  • Rifts (Grace Murphy, #2)
  • Jack Greenwood (The Fire Mage Trilogy, #1.5)
  • Breaking Angelina (Paranormal Investigations, #2)
  • I've Been Deader
  • Memoirs of a Gothic Soul
  • Truly, Madly, Deeply, You (Truly Madly #1)
  • Magick (The Coven, #3)
  • The Second Shadow (The Second Sign, #2)
  • Uprising (Bonfire Chronicles #2)
Ever since she was young, Kiki Howell has loved to listen to a well-woven tale with real characters, inspired plots, and delightful resolutions. Kiki could spend hours lost in a book, and soon she knew that creating lives, loves, and losses with just words had to be the greatest thing that she could do. To that end, she pursued her study of literature and writing, earning a bachelor’s degree in En ...more
More about Kiki Howell...