Start by marking “Immortal Desires (Well of Souls, #1)” as Want to Read:
Immortal Desires (Well of Souls, #1)

Immortal Desires (Well of Souls #1)

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  81 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
After being dumped at the altar, Deanna Cameron seeks a fresh start in life. She gets more than she bargained for after accepting a new job, when an Immortal Guardian sends her five hundred years into the past. She can't return home and a magnificent highland warrior accuses her of being a spy.
Ian Mackay knows the beautiful woman that appears in his castle must be a spy. A
Published April 2012

To ask other readers questions about Immortal Desires, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Immortal Desires

Love, Eternally by Morgan O'NeillThe Clay Lion by Amalie JahnForever Mine by Monica BurnsAfter the Fall by Morgan O'NeillReturn to Me by Morgan O'Neill
best ride through time
34th out of 222 books — 114 voters
The Girl in 6E by A.R. TorreTen Tiny Breaths by K.A. TuckerEasy by Tammara WebberWallbanger by Alice ClaytonThe Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
My Eclectic List of Beloved Books
127th out of 133 books — 57 voters

More lists with this book...

Ron Fritsch
Jul 19, 2012 Ron Fritsch rated it it was amazing
Immortal Desires is the first novel in Laura Eno’s fantasy series “The Well of Souls.” When I read fantasy or scientific fiction, I first want to find myself in a well-constructed alternate world. That means I don’t want to read a story where anything goes—where the author feels free to interject any kind of ad hoc magic or paranormality to advance the plot.

Immortal Desires easily passes that test. Two competing groups of immortals secretly inhabit our world, appearing to be as mortal as any oth
Nikki  Peterson
Mar 28, 2012 Nikki Peterson rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Romance Fans
Recommended to Nikki by: R2R for Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy Fanatics! Group
Deanna Cameron is a lost soul that Robert, one of the Guardians for The Well of Souls, has been tasked with recovering. He offers her a "job", which she flies out for and accepts. Arriving at his company she is sensed by another, younger guardian, under Robert. He, Ian, senses she is his lost soul mate and begs Robert to return her to his mortal self back in the 1500s. Where he could have a life and relationship with her.

However if she is sent back, how will she be received? After all his Clan M
Dec 14, 2015 Anne rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book but I have read this some time ago from a different named author. Not sure if this is her under another name but had to ask for a refund, so do beware.
Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥
My imagination of sapphire brooch surrounded with rubies (I couldn't find ruby stone)

Love this vows....
Two hearts as one,
Two souls entwined,
We join again,
To walk the path before us,
For eternity and a day

It was a very fun read that I had a very hard time putting down. She knows how to tell a story that grabs you right in the heart. I read it in one sitting. Deanna and Ian were made for each other, they were pretty damn good! You should definitely read it!

I recommend this book and you can add it
Jun 08, 2014 Anne rated it it was amazing
An excellent book, very exciting and a great plot. Will read other books from this author! Recommended!
Tyra Berger
Jan 11, 2013 Tyra Berger rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
Move over, Diana Gabaldon and Karen Marie Moning, and make room for Laura Eno! What a fantastic start to what I hope is a long running series. IMMORTAL DESIRES is one of those books that I just couldn't put down, and as soon as I was finished, I wanted more.

While this book was very much a romance, it had so many more elements that made it a great read: mystery, intrigue, feisty heroines and hot highlanders. From the strong characters to the engaging story line, this was a great read.

When Deanna
Emma
Mar 31, 2012 Emma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laura Eno does not disappoint!!! This is the second book I have reviewed of hers for R2R and I have to say she is a favorite. I haven't read many historical novels, I wouldn't say I'm not a fan, I just haven't but she definitely has piqued my interest to this genre.

I loved the time travel for the sake of finding your true love. I really liked how Ian was remembering new memories as Deanna and his past self were making them. (view spoiler)
Pam
Mar 30, 2012 Pam rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Romance reader
Shelves: romance
Immortal Desires by Laura Eno

Deanna Cameron's life has been turned upside down. While waiting to walk down the isle with the man she thought she would spend the rest of her life with, her maid-of-honor receives a text message. “Tell Deanna I'm sorry. Nick” For the next year she is going through the motions of her life. Just when she decides she needs a new start, she receives an email from the CEO of Light Street Corporation offering her a dream job in a new state. When she arrives she is in fo
Jenne
Mar 24, 2012 Jenne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2012
I recommend this for any fan of KMM's Highlanders. There are a group of immortals who guard and transport the souls of the departed to the well to be recycled. Hundreds of years ago the group split in two and one of them corrupted some of the souls to be recycled. In this world there are soulmates and if you aren't with yours then your life is always lacking something. Deanna in modern day San Diego is one such soul. Robert, an immortal guardian has found her and brings her in for a job intervie ...more
Pamela
Mar 18, 2012 Pamela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deanna Cameron is dumped on her wedding day. Afterwards she's hesitant to allow herself to fall in love again and she's tired of her life as it is. She wants a change. That change comes when Deanna is offered a job by Robert Thornton, CEO of Light Street Corporation. The offer seems too good to be true but she desperately needs a change so she goes for it.

Ian Mackay, a 16th century warrior, works with Robert (who is his mentor), and both are part of the Aeneas faction of immortals, those on the
Kenecia
Mar 30, 2012 Kenecia rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Kenecia by: R2R
This book was amazing!!! I'm still all teary-eyed from the ending and though I'm an emotional being… books usually don't call in the water works. It simply pulled at the heart strings and made me once more believe in soul mates, though not necessarily always in the form of a partner. But I digress.

Laura Eno pumped out another mystical work with this book and though I had a few reservations about the first book I read from her (still good, but not a favorite) this one blows all doubts I may have
Louann Carroll
Mar 28, 2012 Louann Carroll rated it really liked it
Talk about time travel!

Immortal Desires is one great read.

I received the novel from Knights of the Round Table on Goodreads, in exchange for a review. This is the first time I have read Laura’s work, and I enjoyed it.

I picked a great day to start reading, the pouring rain, warm fire, and snacks kept my body happy, while my mind traversed time.

Our heroine, Deanne Cameron, is left at the altar. Shortly after, she’s offered a new job in a different city, with every perk imaginable. Unbeknownst t
Mar 21, 2012 Anne rated it really liked it
Shelves: nook
Thanks to Laura Eno for giving me the chance to read this. I wasn't sure what to expect and was very pleasantly surprised. The book intermingled different kinds of fiction into a well thought out story with a good pace. Time travel, if done right, is something I really enjoy. I must say that this was done right. The time shifts were clearly marked so there was never any doubt.
The main characters, Deanna and Ian, were both strong characters whose actions were believable and personalities were l
Karla Phillips
Mar 13, 2012 Karla Phillips rated it it was amazing
Immortal Desires is absolutely amazing. Once I started reading this book, I could not put it down. I wanted to finish, because I wanted to see how it ended for Deanna and Ian. They made the perfect soul mates, showing love to one another. (view spoiler) ...more
Laurie Clayton
Mar 21, 2013 Laurie Clayton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to be honest here. For some reason, when I bought this yesterday, I was expecting to read about more Vampire/Werewolf romance etc. How wrong could I be?

The story that unfolded was so much more than the usual 'Human/Immortal’ romance. Combining aspects of time travel, magic, folk lore, history and the supernatural, Laura Eno takes the reader on a journey from the present back to circa 1500's and the Scottish Highlands.

There is a certain depth and charm to the characters, and an intriguing
Marina
Mar 25, 2012 Marina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Original review is here:

Immortals guard and transport the souls of the departed to the Well of Souls to be recycled. Many centuries ago the group was separated in two and one of them corrupted some of the souls to be recycled. In this world the souls are eternal and always paired. Life without your soulmate is empty and lonely.

Deanna Cameron was going to the altar as a bride, just to find out that her groom dumped her, and all he left was a text message. S
Mcgoo4
Mar 20, 2012 Mcgoo4 rated it really liked it
At first, I was a little unsure as to whether or not this book would be a good read for me. I do, on occasion, read paranormal romance, but not often as the characters tend to lack depth. However, I found that did not hold true for this book.

The three main characters were very well developed. Not too much detail, not too little, just enough to make them come to life for the reader.

The book revolves around Deanna Cameron, Ian MacKay, and Robert (otherwise known as Kyndeyrn). Deanne is a mortal wo
Samantha
Mar 18, 2012 Samantha rated it really liked it
Shelves: fan
Immortal Desires by Laura Eno was a great, fun, and appealing read. I must say that Eno is a dynamic and prolific writer, not only in regards to the amount that she writes but the variety of styles that she writes in. First I want to dispel any thoughts people might have that this book is any type of knock off of The Outlander Series. I mention this here as some people might quickly glance at the blurb and think this. It is so far from the truth to be laughable; the only realistic comparison is ...more
Charlayne
Mar 19, 2012 Charlayne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Two factions of Immortals fight for the human race, though at odds with each other. One serves Order, the other Chaos. At stake is the Tobar d’anamacha—the Well of Souls—and with it the pairing of soul mates.
Occasionally, humans are forced onto the battlefield. This is one of those stories. (leading paragraphs of Chapter One, Immortal Desires)

After being stood up at the altar by her fiancé, Deanna Cameron is given the chance of a dream job, one with many perks, an apartment in the building sh
Lovey Dovey Books
Immortal Desires is an absolutely fantastic read. I'm usually hesitant to read time travel novels, but once I read the blurb, I knew it'd be full of adventure and romance.

Deanna Cameron's life isn't going quite the way she planned. Fortunately, at the time she ponders a change of pace she's recruited to work at Light Street Corporation. There she meets Robert Thornton, the CEO, and is whisked to Scotland to began her work in promotions. Unbeknownst to her, she'll doing more than experiencing the
Helen
May 19, 2012 Helen rated it it was amazing
Immortal Desires is a paranormal romantic suspense by Laura Eno. Deanna Cameron is a modern 20th century woman. After being dumped at the altar, she takes a job at Light Street Corporation. The company, however, is not what it seems. Before long, she finds herself in a castle with a man named Ian Mackay. Sounds rather like a typical Romance. Not really, because now it's the year 1505, not 2012. And her very presence there could cause the end of Mackay clan and the end of Deanna's life.

Deanna Cam
Anino
Before I say anything, I would like to say "Thank U!" to Read2Review and to Ms. Eno for enabling me to review this book....
When I first started reading this book, it sort of felt like one of those Highlander/Historical Romance type novels with a Paranormal Twist. Normally, I'm turned off by Highlander-type Romances... Sad to say, but Historical Romances/Highlander-Type Romances are just not my cuppa..

But, after reading this book, I can truly say that this time it's different for me.. I enjoyed
Lee Anne - OMG! It's TOOOOO Cold!
I received this book to review as part of the Read 2 Review and I REALLY enjoyed it. I read it in about a day. Once I started I could not put it down.

The first few pages were a little difficult to follow because it was a new concept. Once I had the players in their roles, it was easy to follow and very enjoyable! I could not put it down.

Laura Eno does an amazing job of creating characters that you feel for and root for. I found myself crying at one point, even though I knew what was coming. I ju
SarahSmith
Mar 24, 2012 SarahSmith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this as part of a Goodreads group The Knights of the Round Table giveaway. I absolutely love Laura Eno's writing style. She is a great author. This story was hard to put down once I finally got a chance to start reading it. The characters were very engaging and the scenery descriptions made me want to run out and get on a plane to see the Scottish highlands for myself. And although I am not the biggest fan of the Scottish hero genre, I found myself intrigued by the relationship betwee ...more
Heather (Raevynemyst)
Mar 26, 2012 Heather (Raevynemyst) rated it really liked it
I received this book as a R2R and it was a fun light fast read. It has been awhile since I have read a good romance. The story flowed well and the characters were very likable. I love time travel books and this book definitely hit the spot. I usually judge books on if I can read them in one sitting and can't put it down. I definitely was engaged with the story. Great job. Definitely recommended as a fun fast read or a good beach read. Thank you for the opportunity to read and reveiw.
Carol Kilgore
Jun 03, 2012 Carol Kilgore rated it really liked it
I loved the timeless love story of soul mates Deanna Cameron and Ian Mackay. It was the love story that kept me enthralled. I would have liked to see more of the Druid and Immortals side of the story because at times I got lost. The romance was strong enough to carry me through. It may be that most readers already are familiar with the world of the Immortals, but I'm not one of them. I still enjoyed this book very much.
Christine Rains
Nov 27, 2015 Christine Rains rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Feeling stuck in a rut, Deanna Cameron jumps at the opportunity for a new job in a different state. Not just any job, but a dream job traveling and reviewing vacation spots. When she is sent five hundred years into the past, all she wants to do is find a way home. Until she meets the gorgeous Highlander Lord, Ian Mackay. Ian believes her to be a spy, but he can't stop his growing feelings for her. Will Deanna destroy his clan or shatter his heart?

An incredible and steamy debut from Cerise Laudin
Crystal
Aug 07, 2012 Crystal rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! The characters were well developed and it wasn't like other books I've read like this. I'm happy to say that I found this book to be very tasteful, original,and all around a great read.
Heather turner
Mar 22, 2012 Heather turner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laura Eno dose is again another book i just could not put down. By the end of the this book i was laughing and crying. the plot and characters are wonderful. I can't wait to read more in this series.
M. Pax
Oct 14, 2012 M. Pax rated it it was amazing
Great adventure with great romance. Another pleasurable read from Laura Eno. I'll be reading Raven next.
Ciara Knight's Bo...: Immortal Desires by Laura Eno - March 5, 2012 37 60 Apr 11, 2012 12:38PM
  • Spur of the Moment (Bronwyn Chase, #1)
  • Lord of the Highlands (Highlands, #4)
  • Highland Games (Magic of the Highlands, #1.5)
  • Rampant (Little Goddess, #4)
  • The Secret of the Keepers (Kailmeyra Book 2)
  • Everything in Its Time (Time After Time #1)
  • Unknown Magic (Daughter of Prophecy, #1)
  • The Society of Sinners (Sinners, #1)
  • Ryder On The Storm
  • The Return of Black Douglas (Black Douglas, #2)
  • Wolf and Prejudice: 50 Loving States, Alaska (The Alaska Princesses Trilogy #2)
  • Dark Side of Dawn (Nightmare Chronicles, #2)
  • A Slip in Time
  • The Galactic Mage (The Galactic Mage #1)
  • Kilt-A-Licious
  • Demon King's Desire (Elemental Sisters, #1)
  • Prince of Spies (Dragon Knights, #4)
  • The Thornless Rose
Laura Eno lives in Florida with three skulking cats and two absurdly happy dogs. After spending years immersed in college but never figuring out what she wanted to be when she grew up, she now writes novels late at night with the help of muses from the underworld. And, no, she still hasn't grown up but that's okay. Please visit her strange imagination at Laura Eno and follow her on Twitter at laur ...more
More about Laura Eno...