Start by marking “Always Raining Here, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Always Raining Here, Volume 1

Always Raining Here, Volume 1

A totally original high school story about a couple of gay guys who annoy each other. Also massive amounts of UST.

Always Raining Here Volume 1 includes the whole first story of Carter and Adrian’s adventures, two pages of silly mini-comics and a short story by Bell.
Published 2012

Teahouse by EmirainStarfighter Chapter 2 by Hamlet MachineThe Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal by E.K. WeaverAlways Raining Here, Volume 1 by BellArtifice by Alex Woolfson
Great M/M Webcomics
4th out of 35 books — 222 voters
Starfighter Chapter 2 by Hamlet MachineTeahouse by EmirainThe Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal by E.K. WeaverArtifice by Alex WoolfsonOglaf Book One by Trudy Cooper
LGBT Webcomics
6th out of 55 books — 125 voters

More lists with this book...

Cute and unexpectedly funny.

Even sexy.

This dorky moment killed me:

You can read it for free (online) here.
Jun 09, 2016 MaDoReader rated it really liked it
Un nuevo OTP favorito.
¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Son monísmos!!!!!!!!
So I spent at least an hour or so of my day at work sneak reading this. I couldn't stop. From the first time we see Carter trolling Craigslist to his miss at Chapters and his first attempt to "woo" Adrian all the way to the pirate ship. I was in love, so in love with Carter and Adrian that I want more of them. Carter is such a stalker with a heart of gold and poor Adrian is strung out on his ex. Carter wants Adrian, Adrian thinks Carter is annoying but they can't avoid each other. Partly because ...more
Elsa Bravante
Jul 03, 2016 Elsa Bravante rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, high-school
Cómic que es actualizado semanalmente en la web sobre dos chicos que todavía están en el instituto. Ellos son muy monos, los diálogos están bien y el arte también, aunque ese giro hacia un tono más dramático hacia el final es un poco brusco y no estoy segura de si muy bien desarrollado.
Fenriz Angelo
Jun 26, 2016 Fenriz Angelo rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Ongoing? webcomic about two gay teenagers in highschool that later become a couple. It's funny and has great dialogue, tho i didn't like the out of the blue and unnecesary angst almost at the end of this volume.

What i liked most about this webcomic is see the development of the artist, she improved a lot by the time and it's something i really like to see in any webcomic made by a beginner artist because i think the creation of comics/webcomics is a good excersice to practice character design,
Nicole Catalan
for those looking for a light webcomic read which is adorably cute, has a fantastic plot, and real characters (with a tiny seasoning of angst on the side), then this is the thing for you! sounds too good to be true, right? right.

the art is really lovely and it's fantastic that you can see the huge development of Bell and Hazel's work throughout the story. like it just slaps you in the face and leaves you gaping like a fooooool, they've improved so much.

I forgot how much I love carter and adrie
Aug 12, 2016 Meags rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Yet another really enjoyable MM webcomic.

YA in theme, this story follows newly out of the closet Carter, as he sets his sights on his shy classmate, Adrian, as his first gay conquest. Adrian is having none of this, which results in the epic fail of all of Carter's initial attempts to seduce Adrian - the good news is, most of these seduction techniques were highly entertaining to watch and the banter between them was high quality and often laugh-out-loud funny.

Eventually personal intentio
Aug 27, 2013 M rated it really liked it
This is a great coming-of-age web comic about two gay highschool-aged guys navigating the waters of, well, being gay in high school. It's a work in progress, so it remains to be seen how it'll play out. It's a bit predictable thus far but I'm still really enjoying it; it's often quite sweet and funny. It's a fun way to waste some time.
Nov 05, 2013 Natasha rated it it was amazing
I read this every week. @___@ It's good. Set in Vancouver. Me likely.
the tenth muse
Adrian is heartsick, Carter is horny. This is a story about their misadventures as they fumble through unrequited romances.

The art is incredible, the story is fantastic, the characters (both looks and personality) are amazing... I just started Volume Two of this spectacular webcomic, and I simply can't wait to read more!
May 04, 2015 Helen rated it it was amazing
Behold; my new obsession.
Sep 05, 2016 Jess rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I've read volume 1 and 2 on their website in one sit.
The story and art of this comic are so adorable and cute that I found myself smiling for hours after finishing it... If you need to read something to distract or cheer yourself up, check this one!
Oct 11, 2015 Arthur rated it really liked it
SO CUTEEEEEEEEEEE!! I could really connect with Adrian a lot and ughhhh this was just so cute on so many levels. I wish to own a physical copy but it got sold out :cc WOULD BUY IN A HEARTBEAT I DONT CARE IF I HAVE TO PAY A CHUNK FOR SHIPPING. GIVE IT TO MEEEE. PLEASE???
Asphodel Parker
Jun 01, 2016 Asphodel Parker rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2016 Amelia rated it really liked it
If you're a yaoi fangirl, Always Raining Here rocks. (Yaoi = perty gay boys, often the stars of some obscure anime.) Even if you're not, this cheerful romantic comedy might clear away pesky personal rainclouds anyway.

Carter, the dark-haired boy, finally has his sexuality all straightened out, but faces a very real problem: As far as he can tell, like, no one gay attends his school--until he spots a cute redhead named Adrian perusing a little smut in the bookstore. TARGET: SPOTTED. In desperation
Aug 25, 2012 Urbanista rated it liked it
After Starfighter and Teahouse, I can't get used to these drawings. It's just not the style for me, but it's well done. Also, a rather mundane teen angst story that is nonetheless enlivened by great dialogue.
This was my first webcomic, and I decided to reread it today. It's absolutely amazing.
Aug 21, 2016 Gem rated it really liked it
feux d'artifice
May 14, 2016 feux d'artifice rated it it was amazing
This shit is so damn cute I can't even.
Oct 08, 2016 Jackie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aug 26, 2016 Marielle rated it really liked it
Volume 1 is 4/5 stars.
Volume 2 is 5/5 stars.
Sep 28, 2016 Iuri rated it really liked it
I've actually read the contents for volumes 1 & 2 on the website... I'll be buying these on paperback soon, because of feels. So cute-y!
Alan D.D.
Jan 19, 2016 Alan D.D. rated it really liked it
Actually, I read the webcomic, not this edition.
En realidad, leí el web cómic, no esta edición.
A really cute love story, I think it's a very good start point for what, I hope, will become a better plot. Adrian and Carter are the cliché meant-to-be couple, but their personalities make it something new, even when we've all seen those kind of behaviors in real life or in ther books.
Una historia de amor muy bonita, creo que es un muy buen punto de inicio para lo que, espero, se convierta en una tram
Mel Staten
Mar 29, 2016 Mel Staten rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this webcomic, and always glad to have some of my favorite webcomics in book form. It's beautifully illustrated and printed, even in this first volume. I'll admit, this series is a bit of a guilty pleasure, and the cuteness has only started in Volume 1. It takes a while for Carter to be likable, and for the writing to get off its feet. I'm looking forward to the future volumes even more.

The authors made some changes from the webcomic when it came to the big party scene, and I was a bit tor
Sep 12, 2016 Shanu rated it liked it
Book Riot's 2016 READ HARDER CHALLENGE (17/24) : Read a non-superhero comic that debuted in the last three years
Note : cheated a bit, this started more than three years ago but it's not a big deal to me

Wonderful ! Loved this webcomic.
As i keep telling, i am not big on comics and graphic novel even if i have read more than 1000 mangas.
I still liked this webcomic because it kinda resemble the yaoi category in the manga world.

This is the story of Carter (dark haired, tall, goofball, almost a sch
Adria Maria
Sep 12, 2016 Adria Maria rated it it was amazing
This is amazing. Gorgeous artwork, solid plot, well developed characters. It is, essentially, everything I want from a comic.
May 15, 2016 Jocelyne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
May 2016: 4 stars
What a cute story! I really enjoyed Carter and Adrian's dynamic, and I look forward to seeing more of them in volume 2 and online. The writing is hilarious, so kudos to Bell. Hazel, the art is gorgeous, and from what I can tell, it only gets better and better. Nice work, both of you!
Feb 23, 2015 Bri rated it it was amazing
It is soooooooo, sooo, sooo, soooo great! I love it! I really love how the characters are and the art! I can't wait for more updates and I wish I could buy this copy to help support Bell and Hazel!!
I love Adrian and Carter together<3!!!!
Ashe Michaelis
Aug 01, 2016 Ashe Michaelis rated it really liked it
I'm so glad i found this lovely webcomic.. The art style is beautiful ,the characters are cute and funny .I also loved how Carter keep stalking Adrian ,that was so cute *^* I'm looking forward to read the next volumes.
  • Starfighter Chapter 2
  • Sfeer Theory: Uitspan Era Catalogue 1 (Sfeer Theory, #1)
  • The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal
  • Tripping Over You
  • Teahouse
  • Honeydew Syndrome, Vol 1
  • Artifice
  • Greg the Vampire (Frank-in-Love, #2)
  • Oglaf Book One
  • Off the Record
  • The Side Effects of Forgetting (Forgetting, #1)
  • The Fox Sister Chapter 1: Little Sister (The Fox Sister, #1)
  • Pretty Shade of Grey
  • Yu+Me: dream Volume 1
  • The Introspective Debate of Owen Brody
  • The Long Way (Long Way #1)
  • Spera, Volume 2