Start by marking “Kuolleiden lelujen kesä” as Want to Read:
Kuolleiden lelujen kesä

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Kuolleiden lelujen kesä (Inspector Salgado #1)

3.66  ·  Rating Details ·  1,406 Ratings  ·  235 Reviews
Barcelona näyttää pimeän puolensa. Kauniit rantabulevardit ja Montjuïcin puutarhat kätkevät taakseen maailman, jossa etuoikeutettuja ja valtaansa väärin käyttäviä ei kukaan pane teoistaan vastuuseen.

Rikkaan perheen 19-vuotias poika Marc on pudonnut kotinsa ylimmän kerroksen ikkunasta juhannusjuhlien jälkeen. Toisin kuin ensin uskotaan, kyseessä ei ole onnettomuus eikä itse
Published March 2012 by Otava (first published November 24th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Kuolleiden lelujen kesä, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kuolleiden lelujen kesä

Franco  Santos
Sep 09, 2014 Franco Santos rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Este libro me mantuvo completamente entretenido. Es muy rápido de leer, ameno y propina sorpresas a lo largo de la historia. Realmente no me esperaba todo eso... Novela negra en todo su esplendor. Lo recomiendo.
Atram_sinprisa
Una lástima de novela. El autor tiene potencial, y lo demuestra en grandes fragmentos, pero la trama hace aguas por todas partes.
Quizá la recomendaría a aquellos que no les guste este género. Al ser simple, quizá les guste más que una novela de género.
Otro bestseller policíaco más, con la gran tristeza de que haya sido un libro bastante conocido frente a obras maestras que conocen sólo unos pocos privilegiados, lo que las hace más especiales aún.
Rusalka
This book deserves a more thought out review than I am going to give it, but I am trying to clear my desk before going away.

This is a great police procedural set in Spain. There is the token grumpy Inspector with a dark past and personal issues, but he is more likeable than most. The plucky female junior partner was also given more depth than usual.

The crimes were nicely but not overly convoluted. And I didn't see the whodunnit coming. The setting of a lovely, steamy, summer Barcelona was great.
L.A. Starks
Sep 06, 2014 L.A. Starks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This well-written, engaging mystery is set in Barcelona. It features Inspector Salgado, an Argentine, struggling to solve a death that at first appears to be a suicide. Other characters, and mysteries, are set in motion, and a "meta-mystery" is not solved in this book. The second in the series, The Good Suicides, is also excellent; I look forward to the third.
Beverly
This was a 3.5 read for me.

Excellent characterizations and plenty of plot twists wrapped in a dark timbre makes for a satisfying and entertaining read. This book introduces us to Inspector Hector Salgado, a Barcelona police homicide detective, who has just returned from visiting his native Argentina, as he is on “forced” leave due to beating up a sex trafficker ring leader who denied culpability in the death of a young Nigerian girl. Because of his violent actions, Hector is taken off this case
Maria Altiki
Mar 27, 2016 Maria Altiki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ένα πραγματικά πολύ καλό αστυνομικό. Άρτια γραφή και καλοστημένη πλοκή. Το σασπένς υπάρχει σε όλη την διάρκεια της αφήγησης και αυτό το κάνει άκρως εθιστικό. Από τα βιβλία που δύσκολα αφήνεις από τα χέρια σου. Πολύ καλό χτίσιμο στους χαρακτήρες των ηρώων που τους κάνει αγαπητούς, βασικό στοιχείο όταν θέλεις να κάνεις σειρά βιβλίων με αυτούς. Ο Έκτορ Σαλγάδο με την Λέιρε Κάστρο πραγματικά πολύ καλό δίδυμο. Φυσικά θα ήθελα να δω κάτι παραπάνω στο επόμενο από την Μαρτίνα Αντρέου. Επίσης το κομμάτι ...more
Bill Mackela
Jun 21, 2013 Bill Mackela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
There is a lot to like about this exciting new thriller by Mr. Hill. You meet some interesting new characters. You get a feeling of what it must feel like to live in Barcelona. You are kept in the dark about what is really happening until near the end, and then everything begins to unfold and slowly become clear.

The book has some parts that will make you squirm. You may wonder whether Inspector Salgado is really too messed up to continue as a policeman. The action switches locations and charact
Jason P
May 09, 2013 Jason P rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
The Summer of Dead Toys

I don't know who this Toni Hill guy is, but hot damn does he know how to tell a good thriller!
When I chose to read this book I picked it up on whim; never know about the whim picks, they can go either way. I picked one up once that claimed to be what it wasn't, and it went directly back to the book store, take THAT unnamed author who I won't mention.

Anyway, the story we find here is about a police officer by the name of Hector Salgado (which means salty for those of you w
Sora91
Dec 26, 2011 Sora91 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
El inspector Héctor Salgado regresa a Barcelona después de unas "vacaciones" forzosas y se encuentra, en medio del verano, atrapado entre dos casos de manera extraoficial: por un lado el que propició su expulsión y por el otro la muerte de un joven por suicidio.
Estamos delante de lo que parece la primera entrega de la serie de Héctor Salgado. ¡Fantástico!, porque el libro me ha parecido muy bueno. De esos que no puedes apartar porque te gustaría leerlo de una tirada. Y es que el punto fuerte de
Susan
Apr 19, 2012 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent start to a crime series set in a stifling Barcelona summer. Inspector Salgado has been sent away after a violent attack on a human trafficker. Returning to Spain, he is still under investigation. At a lose end he is asked to look into the death of a nineteen year old boy, son of a prominent businessman, from a balcony window. Investigating with him is Leine Castro, who has problems of her own.

As Salgado finds his previous case has certainly not gone away, he delves into the
Zézinha Rosado
Mar 06, 2014 Zézinha Rosado rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: minha-biblioteca
Não sou leitora muito assídua de autores espanhóis, mas confesso que este me ficou debaixo de olho e lamentavelmente não existem mais livros publicados no nosso país, o que é uma pena, pois dá para perceber claramente que a história tem continuação, e a ver pela maneira como terminou este livro, garanto que a sequela deve ser espectacularmente viciante.
Confesso que as primeiras 50 páginas do livro não me prenderam muito, entraram muitas personagens ao mesmo tempo e houve alturas em que cheguei a
Fenia Vazaka
Oct 19, 2016 Fenia Vazaka rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Επιτέλους και κάτι καλό! Διαβάζεται γρήγορα, η πλοκή σε κρατάει σε αγωνία και δεν θέλεις να το αφήσεις από τα χέρια σου. Οι χαρακτήρες έχουν ουσία και ο αναγνώστης αισθάνεται ότι μπορεί να ταυτιστεί μαζί τους.
Μου άρεσε ο τρόπος που εξελίχθηκαν οι δύο παράλληλες ιστορίες (η μία σχετικά με τον πρωταγωνιστή) και η κυρίως υπόθεση που κλήθηκε να ερευνήσει.
Επίσης, μου άρεσαν οι ανατροπές και οι συγκλονιστικές εξελίξεις στο τέλος. Από την αρχή δεν πάει καν το μυαλό σε αυτό το σενάριο!
Εννοείται ότι θα
Bettie☯
Jul 26, 2012 Bettie☯ marked it as maybe  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Laura
Blurb in English - When the death of a vulnerable young witness in a case of human trafficking and voodoo causes the normally calm Inspector Salgado to beat someone up, he is moved off the project and sent instead to investigate a teenager's fall to his death in one of Barcelona's uptown areas.

As Salgado begins to uncover the inconvenient truths behind the city's most powerful families, two seemingly unsolvable cases are set to implode under the hot Barcelona sun.
Eva
Dec 29, 2014 Eva rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me lo he pasado muy bien leyendo esta novela, me ha gustado el protagonista, Héctor Salgado, y me han entrado unas ganas terribles de seguir con la segunda parte. Aún así no es una novela redonda, el final demasiado abrupto y por los pelos y con algunos cuantos tópicos. Pero recomendable.
Elen
Oct 26, 2016 Elen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5
Le faltó mucho para llegar a atraparme. El final fue impredecible, pero igualmente no me generó nada.
Thari
Jul 10, 2012 Thari rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Barcelona, Hochsommer. Inspektor Héctor Salgado hat einen afrikanischen „Arzt“ krankenhausreif geschlagen, der mit einem Mädchenhändlerring in Verbindung gebracht wird und nun verschwunden ist. Schnell muss Salgdao feststellen, dass da noch jemand eine Rechnung mit ihm offen hat – merkwürdige Vorfälle in seiner Umgebung häufen sich und bringen Salgado schließlich ins Visier seiner ermittelnden Kollegin Martina Andreu.

Die Ermittlung, die Salgado übertragen wird, scheint dagegen geradezu banal. Ei
Michelle Lancaster
The Summer of Dead Toys, Antonio Hill
Broadway Books
978-0-7704-3589-9
$15, 362 pgs

“No one has ever been killed out of love; that’s a fallacy from tango.” - Héctor Salgado

This story grabs you on page one and refuses to relinquish its grip. From the first page: “It’s been a long time since I thought of Iris or the summer she died. I suppose I tried to forget it all, in the same way I overcame nightmares and childhood fears. … I’m six years old, I’m at camp and I can’t sleep because I’m scared. No, I
Nessy
"Ein pulsierender Barcelona-Thriller" steht auf dem Einband geschrieben... vielleicht ist es ja sogar einer... in spanisch... aber auf deutsch hab ich den Thriller gesucht und nicht gefunden. Spannung wurde allerhöchstens mal für ein paar Seiten aufgebaut und Alles in Allem muss ich sagen, mir persönlich war es zu lang. es wurde endlos Handlung aufgebaut, die dann doch nicht einmal zu echter Spannung geführt hat. schade eigentlich, weil die Story eigentlich Potential hatte und ich mir mehr darun ...more
Julie
Jul 31, 2013 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
The Summer of Dead Toys is a Random House publication released in June 2013.

We are introduced to Inspector Hector Salgado during a very difficult period. He is on leave while he seeks therapy and things cool down a bit from Hector's breakdown. He nearly beat a man to death after discovering the atrocities the man had committed. Somehow, Hector was hanging on to his job.
Hector is also dealing with his ex-wife that left him for another woman and the distance between himself and his son.

When a you
Nahia
Apr 02, 2014 Nahia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: clase-2013-2014
Cuando el inspector Héctor Salgado vuelve de unas vacaciones, que tuvo que tomar de forma obligatoria, se encuentra con un caso que debe llevar extraoficialmente. Se trata de la muerte aparentemente accidental de un joven de 19 años, Marc. A medida que el inspector investiga el caso descubre algo que ocurrió hace ya 13 años y que parece tener relación directa con al muerte del chico. Y por si todo esto fuera poco, a los pocos días una amiga de Marc, Gina, aparece muerta en la bañera, ¿un suicido ...more
Rebeca May
“El verano de los juguetes muertos”, ambientada en una calurosa Barcelona, nos plantea una historia llena de misterios y sorpresas que logrará levantar el velo sobre los secretos mejor escondidos de la sociedad burguesa de Barcelona.

Sinceramente leí este libro porque en la librería lo vendían con la siguiente leyenda: "El libro que los aficionados de Carlos Ruiz Zafón y La Sombra del Viento están leyendo." Así que me imaginé un libro que me mantendría en vilo con tramas y enigmas a modos de muñe
Estibaliz79
Apr 09, 2014 Estibaliz79 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Una novela negra bien escrita (lo cual tampoco es sorprendente teniendo en cuenta que Toni Hill es traductor) y con una trama interesante y bien construida. El autor tiene bien aprendida la lección de lo que manda últimamente, y combina la parte meramente policial (o lo que es lo mismo, el caso en sí), con la personal (que, en este caso, viene a ser en sí misma otro caso).

La historia transcurre por los derroteros habituales del género, pero consigue no ser enteramente previsible, y el final sorp
Anna
May 13, 2013 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won an ARC of this book via RIF.

II enjoyed this new detective. Salgado has a lot of the classic appeal of the loner detective; divorced, with ice, fire, sadness, and passion. He's investigating a death of a well off young man, but on the same time there are shadows of a crime from a long time ago, and of a witch doctor posing threats and making the life more complicated for Salgado. And some crimes will be (maybe) solved in the next story.

Interesting characters, from the team of Salgado to the
Javier
Jan 27, 2013 Javier rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
(3'5) Teniendo en cuenta que ya la novela negra la tiendo a puntuar menos, me ha gustado más de lo que esperaba pero tiendo a castigar un poco cosas que aunque sepamos que es novela y negra me gustaría que fueran más realistas. Y no haya tanta facilidad para atar cabos en ciertas situaciones en las que no sería tan fácil, o tanta facilidad para escabullirse y salirse con la suya en cosas que en la realidad serían más complicadas. Gratamente no me esperaba ese giro final (muy al final), cosa de a ...more
Claudio
Jan 05, 2015 Claudio rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: antonio-hill
Un libro davvero bello, mi è piaciuto di più di quello che mi aspettavo leggendone la trama ed è una cosa poco scontata perché in genere ci azzecco sempre. Tutta la storia si svolge in pochissimi giorni e l'autore è stato bravo abbastanza a farmi andare fuori strada sul colpevole e a far uscire un colpevole abbastanza ad effetto, io non me lo sarei mai aspettato. Devo fare davvero i miei complimenti. Ho dato solo 4 stelle su 5 perché nel finale rimane una questione in sospeso, che credo sarà tra ...more
Jose
Dos, tres y hasta cuatro tramas bien engarzadas, con relación entre sí o protagonistas comunes, que se resuelven aceptablemente bien (excepto una, de resolución un poco 'chapucera'). Lectura entretenida.

Un aliciente más, por si alguno os animáis a leerla, es que vayáis contando las veces que aparece el pronombre personal 'él' en la novela (si alguien las cuenta que lo diga por aquí, por favor. Incluso podemos hacer una porra. Yo digo 223 veces). Sin duda alguna bate con creces el récord mundial
Mariel (TheCrownedGoddessReads)
Ese final tiene que ser en blanco y negro cuando hagan la película! A pesar de situaciones predecibles y que Salgado es otro detective en pena, lo he disfrutado bastante. Me sorprendió la facilidad que tenían todos los personajes para atar cabos y enterarse de todo; la resolución de los casos me pareció un poco rebuscada pero Hill lo sabe, por eso nos dice que no hay evidencia de nada y sólo nos queda nuestro propio juicio.

No creo que El verano de los juguetes muertos sea el último caso del dete
Coloma
Sep 06, 2014 Coloma rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Está muy bien. Eso sí, hasta más o menos la mitad del libro, me costó sumergirme bien con los personajes y trama. Pero, a partir de ahí, quedé enganchada hasta el final.
Toni Hill acaba de dar carpetazo al inspector Héctor Salgado con la tercera y última entrega, así que habrá ir a por los dos siguientes con mucho gusto :-)
Steve Dahlgren
It suffers a bit when after a very gripping investigation that leads up to the reveal, it peters out, "the inspector had a hunch, and once it was verified, they went to arrest the suspect, who confessed everything, the end."
  • Summer Death
  • Nights of Awe
  • The Honey Guide (Mollel, #1)
  • The Missing File
  • Another Time, Another Life (Fall of the Welfare State, #2)
  • Dead Frenzy (A Loon Lake Mystery, #4)
  • Sezione Suicidi
  • Midnight
  • Het vierkant van de wraak
  • Black Noise (Studio, #2)
  • Blodläge
  • The Japanese Corpse (Grijpstra & De Gier Mystery, #5)
  • The Price of Innocence (Theresa MacLean #6)
  • Killed at the Whim of a Hat (Jimm Juree #1)
  • The Abomination (The Carnivia Trilogy, #1)
  • The Lisbon Crossing (Jack Teller, #2)
  • Snow Angels (Inspector Kari Vaara, #1)
  • Or the Bull Kills You (Max Cámara #1)
Antonio Hill is a Spanish author. His first novel, El verano de los juguetes muertos (The summer of the dead toys), has had a great success and it has received many excellent reviews.

Toni Hill was born in 1966, in Barcelona (Spain). He is a Bachelor of Psychology. He has worked for over ten years as a literary translator with Random House Mondadori, S.A., one of the leaders in edition and distribu
More about Antonio Hill...

Inspector Salgado (3 books)
  • The Good Suicides (Inspector Salgado #2)
  • Los amantes de Hiroshima (Inspector Salgado, #3)

“As culpas não se expiam, carregam-se!” 1 likes