Start by marking “To Love and To Perish (Broken Vows, #4)” as Want to Read:
To Love and To Perish (Broken Vows, #4)

To Love and To Perish (Broken Vows Mystery #4)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Sports car dealer Jolene Parker and her foster son, Danny, are enjoying a day of turbo-charged fun in Watkins Glen, New York. Their fun includes cheering on Jolene's mechanic friend, Cory, and his partner, Brennan, during the vintage races. But when Brennan is accused of shoving a man in front of a speeding racecar, Cory is faced with losing the love of his life. After lea ...more
Published December 8th 2012 by Midnight Ink (first published December 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about To Love and To Perish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Love and To Perish

Denise Zendel
Jolene Parker and her foster son, Danny, whom she has come to love and care for deeply, are enjoying a day of turbo-charged fun in Watkins Glen, New York. They cheer on Jolene’s mechanic/bff, Cory, and his partner, Brennan, during the vintage races. Brennan may or may not have shoved another man from his past in the path of one of the vintage cars, and Cory begs Jolene to help solve the case.

This book (no. 4 in the series, I think) has a strong underlying theme about keeping secrets and what imp
This is the fourth "Broken Vows" mystery with Jolene Parker, owner of Asdale Auto Imports, a boutique car dealership in Wachobe, NY. This story actually opens, however, a few hours away in Watkins Glen, where Jolene, her husband, Ray, and foster son Danny are enjoying the Vintage Grand Prix Auto Race. Suddenly, a man gets pushed in the cars' path and gets killed! A witness swears up and down that Brennan Rowe, the boyfriend of Jolene's mechanic and best friend Cory, was the one who pushed him. L ...more
Kathy Davie
Fourth in the Broken Vows mystery series based in Wachobe, New York.

It's really more of a 3.5, but I had to up it to a "4" if only because Jo isn't being so dang stupid this time around!

My Take
Just another day in Jolene Parker's life. Murder, mayhem, and no longer surprising her husband with what she's up to. I do enjoy the homey warmth of this series. And it's always fun to imagine racing about in the vintage cars Bork includes!

Cory will do anything to help Brennnan. ANYthing. He doesn't care
An OK mystery in which Jolene Parker, married to a deputy and owner of a sports car shop tries to help a friend accused of pushing an old nemesis into the path of a race car. She and her mechanic Corey, her friend's lover, try to figure out what happened when he wrecked a car on prom night many years ago. It was a pleasant read, but not that exciting.
This was a pretty good story. Although I found some of the characters implausible. Such as the boy who always listens to his ipod and at the same time takes out of character action. And the constant junk food diet makes me worried for them. I know, I know, I'm not their mother! But it does not make me feel part of the automobile world the way Dick Francis makes me feel part of the horse racing world. Almost.
The Broken Vow series always leaves me wanting the next Besides a charming setting, colorful characters and a complex mystery, Bork always mananges to include glimpses of real life issues in a thoughtful way. From mental illness, homosexuality and custody challenges to the common struggles of marriage and family, this series strikes a cord of reality while providing an enjoyable read.
I am enjoying this series a lot and looking forward to another one. I love the relationship between Jolene and Ray as well as Jolene and her sister. I am interested to see what happens with Danny in the future as well as Isabelle.
Outstanding book. On the edge of my seat. I can't wait tot the next book. I enjoy the characters so much and can't wait too see what happens to each in the next book.
I enjoyed this book. Goodreads is not working right now so why type any long thing. Ugh!
Wanda Shuster
I really enjoyed this book and the feeling of catching up with old friends!
Steph marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2015
Marloes marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Vera Baetas
Vera Baetas marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Sharon marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Kristen Ray
Kristen Ray marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Catherine marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Johanne marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Tracey marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Light Keeper's Legacy (Chloe Ellefson Mystery #3)
  • Out of the Frying Pan (Poppy Markham: Culinary Cop, #3)
  • Pickle in the Middle Murder (A Shay O'Hanlon Caper, #3)
  • Bite the Biscuit (Barkery & Biscuits Mystery #1)
  • February Fever
  • Drop Dead on Recall  (Animals in Focus, #1)
  • Jump the Gun (An Annabelle Starkey Mystery #1)
  • Tattered Legacy
  • Jailhouse Glock (A Dead Sister Talking Mystery #2)
  • Terminated
  • Shark Fin Soup
  • Wicked Eddies (An RM Outdoor Adventures Mystery #2)
  • Beauty to Die For: A Spa Mystery
  • Bodyguard Reunion
  • Picture Perfect Corpse (Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery, #7)
  • Deeper Than the Grave (Tai Randolph Mysteries #4)
  • The Stars Shine Bright (Raleigh Harmon, #5)
  • Found (Matt Royal Mystery #8)
Lisa Bork is the author of seven contemporary novels. Her most recent release is Missed. Lisa is also the author of Counting on You and Discovering Nowhere as well as the Broken Vows mystery series. Her debut novel, For Better, For Murder, was a 2009 Agatha Award finalist for Best First Novel. The second book in the series, For Richer, For Danger, was released in September 2010 and In Sickness and ...more
More about Lisa Bork...

Broken Vows Mystery (4 books)
  • For Better, For Murder
  • For Richer, For Danger
  • In Sickness and In Death (Broken Vows, #3)