Lindsey Lost

Lindsey Lost

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  82 ratings  ·  18 reviews
The Bourne Identity meets I Am the Cheese in this taut thriller

Even though Micah’s a star pitcher, his older sister Lindsey is the real deal—a runner so good, she has a shot at the Olympics. The two of them urge each other on, and are each other’s best support. Then the unthinkable happens: Lindsey is murdered, and Micah may have been the last person to see her. But he can...more
Published September 13th 2012 by Viking Children's

Giselle
The mind is a fascinating thing. Denial, compartmentalization, amnesia; these are all ways for the brain to make you deal with unimaginable horrors. Traumatic events get blocked out until you're ready to deal - which is sometimes never. This is what Micah is going through when he wakes up and learns about his sister's murder, with no memory of her last day alive.

A very fast paced book with short, question filled chapters, I really enjoyed the mystery of it all, trying to guess what happened; Did...more
Francis Hui
This book had me the moment I began. The author captures every detail and thought the character has and executes perfectly. With every page there was something new to be expected. New suspects, new thoughts, something that will get you stuck in the book.
I find that most mystery/suspense novels always make it too obvious about who the criminal is. In this book though, Every time I turned the page I had someone different to accuse, I even started accusing the police!
This book is one of my favorite...more
Lisa
I received an ARC of this book yesterday at a fall book preview, started reading it on the train ride home, and HAD to finish it in one day! The pace was fast, the writing was clean and crisp, and I just wanted to keep turning those pages to find out WHO and WHY. This would be a great title for boys and girls, especially those who are reluctant readers because the suspense of the murder mystery will grab them and hold their interest the entire way through. The plot twist(s) crept up on me and su...more
Sally Kruger
Lindsey is a star runner with Olympic potential. Her brother Micah is a star baseball player. Their world revolves around their sports. Lindsey spends countless hours on the track even in the off-season, and Micah hits the batting cages to keep in shape. Together, they support and encourage each other.

When Lindsey suddenly disappears, Micah can't believe she is gone. According to his father, he was found unconscious in the driveway on the afternoon she went missing. The last thing Micah remember...more
Katie
Lindsey Lost is a fascinating mystery that holds the reader's attention all the way through. There are plenty of surprising twists that are unpredictable.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD

Micah is an interesting protagonist. He clearly loves his older sister, Lindsey, and when she dies he is torn apart by her death. He is barely able to hold together sometimes after her death. He can't remember what happened when she died, even though he has been told that he was there. He sometimes wonders if he could ha...more
Rachel
Lindsey Lost by Suzanne Marie Phillips is about a young boy named Micah and his older sister Lindsey. Micah is the baseball star of his school but everyone knows that his sister Lindsey is the all around star and is training for the Olympics. Everything is perfectly fine until the unexpected happens, Lindsey goes missing. While trying to figure out the mystery they find out that Micah may have been the last person to see Lindsey, which makes him a witness. But to add onto all of Micahs problems...more
Latisha Holmes
Feb 19, 2014 Latisha Holmes is currently reading it
Dear Charan,

I'm reading a book entitled Lindsey Lost by Suzanne Marie Phillips which is a work of Fiction. This book made me realize that life is not what it seems, that their are two sides right and wrong, because life comes with challenges. The character Lindsey is outgoing. Is able to stand up for what is right.
Samantha Boyette
Wow wow wow. Such a good book. This isn't my usual type of book, but I was in the mood for a bit of a mystery and this one caught my eye. So glad that I picked it up. From start to finish this was a great read.

When Lindsey is found dead, no one has any clue what happened to her. Her brother Micah was the last one to see her alive and even he thinks he might have killed her.

Day by day this family falls apart a little at a time. As much as this is a mystery, it's also about a family grieving and...more
Mel
Nov 07, 2012 Mel rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: arc, own, qp
Ok first of all I am in love with this cover. I love the creativity in the 'font' they used for the title. In fact, take a minute and look at it yourself. Go on, I'll wait. What do you think of it? It's quite enjoyable when covers include non-typical fonts. Anyway, onto the book itself.

Micah and his older sister Lindsey are both strong in their sports, baseball and running, respectively. Micah is given more freedom then his sister which is obvious at the beginning of the book. He is worried abou...more
Brittany Perry
Enjoyable but a bit too long in the middle, other than that I enjoyed the themes and the nail biting plot. I did think the ending was a bit obvious but it still worked.
Kira Budge
Kind of an interesting tale.
Ellen
Micah can't remember the last day of his beloved sister's life, and fears he may have killed her. As he explores his own possible guilt, layers of jealousy, admiration, self-doubt and abuse are revealed in convincing fashion. While the ultimate solution is a bit of a let-down, the narrative pacing, and the multidimensional characterization of Micah keep the pages turning. Good for fans of Lois Duncan, Graham McNamee or Lisa McMann.
Kirsten
Fast read but still thought provoking. I was hooked within the first chapter and could not put it down until the ending. I was a little disappointed that the parents were both so one dimensional in their attitudes toward their kids. But since I have never raised an Olympic athlete I am not really sure that criticism is justified.
The killer wasn't very believable, and the reason Lindsey became "lost" was all too predictable and unfortunate. This book did keep me turning pages, but I was very disappointed in the big twist.
Kelly
This was a good book. It's a fast-paced, easy read. It definitely kept me guessing, and for the most part, guessing wrong. It's got some great plot twists and turns.
Sydney
Really great book on how your mind hides things from you when you have been through a traumatic event.
Nazy Mirsoltani
How your mind deals with unimaginable horror. It's absolutely fascinating.
Anne Tibbets
OMG OMG OMG - Kept me guessing the whole way through. Fantastic!
Brianna Sayres
Excellent suspense novel! Kept me guessing till the end!
Lindsey L.
Good fast paced read.
Brandi Young
Brandi Young marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Bree Hodges
Bree Hodges marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Orangehead
Orangehead marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Andrea Labonte
Andrea Labonte marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Becky Wise
Becky Wise is currently reading it
Apr 10, 2014
Deejay Jaeger
Deejay Jaeger marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • I Am (Not) the Walrus
  • Emily's Dress and Other Missing Things
  • Paradise
  • Kill You Last (Thrillogy, #3)
  • I Swear
  • All You Never Wanted
  • Bubble
  • Beyond: A Ghost Story
  • When Love Comes to Town
  • Double Vision (Double Vision, #1)
  • London Eye (Toxic City, #1)
  • Ominous: Borders: Coffee (The Paris Thriller)
Suzanne Marie Phillips is the author of 3 critically-acclaimed novels for young adults, as well as the adult thriller, I Will Come for You.
More about Suzanne Marie Phillips...
Burn Chloe Doe I Will Come For You After Dead