Start by marking “Lindsey Lost” as Want to Read:
Lindsey Lost

Lindsey Lost

The Bourne Identity meets I Am the Cheese in this taut thriller

Even though Micah’s a star pitcher, his older sister Lindsey is the real deal—a runner so good, she has a shot at the Olympics. The two of them urge each other on, and are each other’s best support. Then the unthinkable happens: Lindsey is murdered, and Micah may have been the last person to see her. But he can
Published September 13th 2012 by Viking Children's

To ask other readers questions about Lindsey Lost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lindsey Lost

Giselle
Oct 01, 2012 Giselle rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, own, contemporary
The mind is a fascinating thing. Denial, compartmentalization, amnesia; these are all ways for the brain to make you deal with unimaginable horrors. Traumatic events get blocked out until you're ready to deal - which is sometimes never. This is what Micah is going through when he wakes up and learns about his sister's murder, with no memory of her last day alive.

A very fast paced book with short, question filled chapters, I really enjoyed the mystery of it all, trying to guess what happened; Did
Francis Hui
Aug 05, 2016 Francis Hui rated it it was amazing
This book had me the moment I began. The author captures every detail and thought the character has and executes perfectly. With every page there was something new to be expected. New suspects, new thoughts, something that will get you stuck in the book.
I find that most mystery/suspense novels always make it too obvious about who the criminal is. In this book though, Every time I turned the page I had someone different to accuse, I even started accusing the police!
This book is one of my favorite
Rachel
Apr 26, 2013 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Lindsey Lost by Suzanne Marie Phillips is about a young boy named Micah and his older sister Lindsey. Micah is the baseball star of his school but everyone knows that his sister Lindsey is the all around star and is training for the Olympics. Everything is perfectly fine until the unexpected happens, Lindsey goes missing. While trying to figure out the mystery they find out that Micah may have been the last person to see Lindsey, which makes him a witness. But to add onto all of Micahs problems ...more
Katie
Jul 10, 2015 Katie rated it really liked it
Lindsey Lost is a fascinating mystery that holds the reader's attention all the way through. There are plenty of surprising twists that are unpredictable.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD

Micah is an interesting protagonist. He clearly loves his older sister, Lindsey, and when she dies he is torn apart by her death. He is barely able to hold together sometimes after her death. He can't remember what happened when she died, even though he has been told that he was there. He sometimes wonders if he could ha
Sally Kruger
Lindsey is a star runner with Olympic potential. Her brother Micah is a star baseball player. Their world revolves around their sports. Lindsey spends countless hours on the track even in the off-season, and Micah hits the batting cages to keep in shape. Together, they support and encourage each other.

When Lindsey suddenly disappears, Micah can't believe she is gone. According to his father, he was found unconscious in the driveway on the afternoon she went missing. The last thing Micah remember
Mel Barnes
Nov 07, 2012 Mel Barnes rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, arc, qp
Ok first of all I am in love with this cover. I love the creativity in the 'font' they used for the title. In fact, take a minute and look at it yourself. Go on, I'll wait. What do you think of it? It's quite enjoyable when covers include non-typical fonts. Anyway, onto the book itself.

Micah and his older sister Lindsey are both strong in their sports, baseball and running, respectively. Micah is given more freedom then his sister which is obvious at the beginning of the book. He is worried abou
Samantha Boyette
Mar 21, 2013 Samantha Boyette rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Wow wow wow. Such a good book. This isn't my usual type of book, but I was in the mood for a bit of a mystery and this one caught my eye. So glad that I picked it up. From start to finish this was a great read.

When Lindsey is found dead, no one has any clue what happened to her. Her brother Micah was the last one to see her alive and even he thinks he might have killed her.

Day by day this family falls apart a little at a time. As much as this is a mystery, it's also about a family grieving and
Lisa
Jul 10, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book yesterday at a fall book preview, started reading it on the train ride home, and HAD to finish it in one day! The pace was fast, the writing was clean and crisp, and I just wanted to keep turning those pages to find out WHO and WHY. This would be a great title for boys and girls, especially those who are reluctant readers because the suspense of the murder mystery will grab them and hold their interest the entire way through. The plot twist(s) crept up on me and su ...more
Shannon McCreary
Mar 20, 2016 Shannon McCreary rated it liked it
Asenath
Apr 25, 2014 Asenath rated it liked it
This book drew me in with a fascinating story question: did the main character kill his sister? He doesn't think so...but a lot of evidence is pointing against him, and he can't remember what happened.

The writing was very well done-it had good pacing and made me want to keep reading. I won't spoil the ending for you, but I thought it was realistic (and I was only slightly disappointed because I wanted something bigger.)
Ellen
Sep 11, 2012 Ellen rated it really liked it
Micah can't remember the last day of his beloved sister's life, and fears he may have killed her. As he explores his own possible guilt, layers of jealousy, admiration, self-doubt and abuse are revealed in convincing fashion. While the ultimate solution is a bit of a let-down, the narrative pacing, and the multidimensional characterization of Micah keep the pages turning. Good for fans of Lois Duncan, Graham McNamee or Lisa McMann.
Brittany
Sep 20, 2015 Brittany rated it it was ok
Finished it in 3 days, But this Book was good and was also written Well. It just didn't hold my attention. I know it's supposed to be about who killed "her" but the whole book was just Blah. I just feel like all the Chapter did the same things. The Ending was really good though. Even though i Rated this book 2 stars i still feel that this was worth picking up.
Latisha Holmes
Feb 19, 2014 Latisha Holmes is currently reading it
Dear Charan,

I'm reading a book entitled Lindsey Lost by Suzanne Marie Phillips which is a work of Fiction. This book made me realize that life is not what it seems, that their are two sides right and wrong, because life comes with challenges. The character Lindsey is outgoing. Is able to stand up for what is right.
Kirsten
Feb 11, 2013 Kirsten rated it really liked it
Fast read but still thought provoking. I was hooked within the first chapter and could not put it down until the ending. I was a little disappointed that the parents were both so one dimensional in their attitudes toward their kids. But since I have never raised an Olympic athlete I am not really sure that criticism is justified.
Sydney
Mar 25, 2013 Sydney rated it really liked it
Really great book on how your mind hides things from you when you have been through a traumatic event.
Brittany Perry
Mar 17, 2014 Brittany Perry rated it really liked it
Enjoyable but a bit too long in the middle, other than that I enjoyed the themes and the nail biting plot. I did think the ending was a bit obvious but it still worked.
Hannah
Dec 03, 2015 Hannah rated it did not like it
this is a boring book about a mystery of lindsey death her brother is trying to find out what happen to her on the night of her death did he kill her?
Kelly
Jan 03, 2013 Kelly rated it really liked it
This was a good book. It's a fast-paced, easy read. It definitely kept me guessing, and for the most part, guessing wrong. It's got some great plot twists and turns.
Jan 19, 2013 Laura rated it it was ok
The killer wasn't very believable, and the reason Lindsey became "lost" was all too predictable and unfortunate. This book did keep me turning pages, but I was very disappointed in the big twist.
Laurie
Laurie rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2013
Anne Johnnston
Anne Johnnston rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2014
Katelynn
Katelynn rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2015
Kajodre
Kajodre rated it did not like it
Jan 17, 2015
Kara
Kara rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2015
Lindsey
Lindsey rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2015
Chong
Chong rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2014
Ann
Ann rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2014
Sophia Sapienza
Sophia Sapienza rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Kristina
Kristina rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2016
Kara
Kara rated it really liked it
May 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Dirty Laundry
  • Kill You Last (Thrillogy, #3)
  • When Love Comes to Town
  • First Time Killer
  • Behind the Facade
  • Hanging by a Thread
  • Nothing But Blue
Suzanne Marie Phillips is the author of 3 critically-acclaimed novels for young adults, as well as the adult thriller, I Will Come for You.
More about Suzanne Marie Phillips...