Start by marking “Winging It! (Confessions of an Angel-In-Training, #1)” as Want to Read:
Winging It! (Confessions of an Angel-In-Training, #1)

Read Book

Winging It! (Confessions of an Angel-In-Training #1)

Ever decided to do something that seemed like a good idea and in the second before there's no turning back think, I musta been totally mental when I came up with this? And, then, Oh, well, here goes. That's how Angel-In-Training Grace Lightbourne felt right before she asked the Big Kahuna to go straight to Earth on a mission as a Guardian Angel. The problem? She never was ...more
Published April 3rd 2012 by Something Else Publishing (first published March 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Winging It!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winging It!

JenniferJ
Aug 31, 2012 JenniferJ rated it liked it
Shelves: z2012, kindle
This was a light fun story that will have you laughing for sure at the predicaments Grace gets herself into. You wont be able to help yourself because Grace is one of the funniest characters I think I have read in a while.

She wants her wings so bad but doesn't really seem to want to put in the "work" or effort to earn them. She basically begs for an assignment on Earth working with "the humans" as a Guardian to get out of her remaining angel in training school years "up there" because she thinks
Jennavier
Jun 22, 2015 Jennavier marked it as read-sample-and-passed  ·  review of another edition
This book has the most annoying MC I've ever come across. Seriously, she's an angel trainee who wants to be different so she shows up to her interview with God in a Catholic Schoolgirl outfit. Really, the only things I can say after this are just mean. So instead of raging I will just leave you with this. The person who shows up to give her wise advice? Santa Claus. No joke.
Rick Gillispie
Mar 27, 2012 Rick Gillispie rated it really liked it
I want wings!!!! Grace is an angel in training who doesn't like school but wants here wings. This book takes you on her journey to earth on her quest for that goal. She makes mistakes but she learns quickly. You will be truly happy reading this book.
Kelli
Apr 05, 2013 Kelli rated it it was amazing
really cute read! looking forward to book 2.
Christina (Ensconced in Lit)
Apr 19, 2012 Christina (Ensconced in Lit) rated it really liked it
I won this book from librarything member giveaways in exchange for an honest review.

Winging It is a book about an angel-in-training, ironically named Grace as she is very clumsy, who hates school and decides the best way to get around this is to go straight to a Mission on earth as a Guardian Angel. Full of bravado, she thinks this is the fastest way to get her wings and also skip a few steps along the way. She learns that her Mission is not as easy as it seems but makes good friends who help he
Liliana
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

Winging It! was light and fun and exactly what I needed! Before starting this, I had finished reading a particularly frustrating book, so this was a nice change!

Grace was a lot of fun to follow around, especially as she got her bearings on Earth. It was so funny to see her get accustomed to the way of the humans, lol. But, let me tell you, one thing that really bothered me was her stubbornness. First of all, she heads down to earth without going to school--she basi
Cassie
Mar 16, 2012 Cassie rated it really liked it
Shelves: angels
Words to describe this book? Cute, Cute, CUTE!

Grace isn’t the best angel in training but she wants her wings more than anything in the world.
When it comes time to declare a vocation, she ask the big man himself if she can skip school and go straight to being a Guardian on earth. Her first assignment is Tara, a grumpy teenager who has made friends with the wrong crowd.

Grace moves in as an exchange student with Tara’s family and quickly realizes this Guardian Angel stuff isn’t as easy as she thoug
Tabitha
Jan 22, 2016 Tabitha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Winging It! was such a cute, funny book! I thoroughly enjoyed the entire thing. I really enjoyed the author's style of writing. It was very fresh and fun.

Grace Lightbourne is an Angel-In-Training (AIT) who just wants her wings and is willing to try just about anything to get them early.

I really liked Grace's character. She was such a sweet, naive girl trying to do her best while avoiding studying. Pretty soon, though, she's in over her head and has to learn a few lessons quick or be faced with
Kathleen
Apr 02, 2016 Kathleen rated it liked it
A quick and light hearted amusing story of an angel in waiting, who has no patience for reading not following the rules but just jumps into most things blinded by her lack of preparation. I am reminded of Maria from. Sound of Music when the nuns singing "What do we do about a problem like Maria?" she is so kind and always thinking of others and that's when she y
gets into most of her "hot spots" but due to her compassion for others it's so hard to want to see her punished for breaking the rules.
Jenni
Jun 09, 2014 Jenni rated it it was amazing
Winging it was one of those sweet books that puts you in a better mood. I loved the characters and the plot was especially unique. There were interesting developments, such as the different types of angels and wishing to be different which the reader could connect with.
However, I did feel that this is really only suitable if you do not mind angels and God or do not have a specific belief. If you did, this book would probably be quite hard (although mentioned in the description) as at some points
Valery
Apr 26, 2016 Valery rated it did not like it
I had trouble liking this book. Grace is an angel (or angel in training) who is extremely self-serving. She's basically a spoiled brat. I almost quit, and looking back, it probably wasn't worth my time. Won't be reading the next in the series.
I mean, what kind of angel would take the Lord's name in vain? It's one of the ten commandments! And having desires to do bad things? I just really have a hard time accepting that. I know it might make good reading for certain people, but I was deeply disap
Gardeniag.
Mar 14, 2012 Gardeniag. rated it it was amazing
Angles! It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, amazing. I haven't read a book about modern angels in a long time. The book appealed to me in the first place though because at first I thought it was about gods and goddesses. You know like Hermes demigod children or something, but after reading the back I went berserk. I was like no~ then after reading the book I was thinking it was good. The book was better than most of the angel books I've read (probably because most are Bible stories which get boring), but also ...more
Mia LeNae
Jan 30, 2015 Mia LeNae rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So frustrating

I have to apologize to the author because I couldn't in good conscience give this book five stars, it made me climb the walls and gave me a nervous tick from the first page. I wouldn't give it a three either bc it wasn't a bad book. So there you go, about a 3.75-4.00 stars. I laughed because yes this book was amusing. But never in my life did I think I would have the urge to drown and/or strangle an angel!! OMG!!! Read the freaking assignment, rules and whatever else is in the damn
Chris
Jul 25, 2014 Chris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet AIT

I gave this book a five star because it kept my interest and I read it straight through without putting it down...

AIT a.k.a. Angels in training was a really good book I recommend it to anybody. Angels trying to get their wings really have to go through a lot. First they have to figure out who the person they are assigned to and they have to try to figure out what the issue is with them and get them through it so that they can earn their wings.

There are so much too learn and for Grace s
Mo
Aug 09, 2015 Mo rated it liked it
The first 4 chapters were confusing as to Grace's world and what's expected of her. I put it down 3x before I ploughed through to the point in the book where it flowed, which was around Chapter 6. Grace is an Angel in Training (A-I-T) and very unconventional. She wants to be a Guardian but doesn't want to do the school work involved. She asks Archangel Michael for "on-the-job training", so to speak. Finn is adorbs. I love the idea he prayed for help with his sister, Tara, and Grace arrived. Vict ...more
Kerry Cerra
Mar 06, 2012 Kerry Cerra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya
Grace is a brash angel-in-training who's sick of school--and rules--and wants her wings like yesterday. On Declaration Day, Grace asks the Big Kahuna himself to skip the next few years of schooling and go directly to earth for an assignment as a guardian. Wouldn't ya know it...he agrees.

Grace's POV is more than refreshing, making light of mundane earthly things in a hilarious way. Though she always tries to do what's best, she never fails to get herself into the craziest of situations.

Author S
Kristina Miranda
Mar 06, 2012 Kristina Miranda rated it it was amazing
Grace Lightbourne is an angel-in-training whose greatest desire is to receive her wings. As far as angels go—she’s definitely lacking one virtue—patience! She convinces her Boss to let her go on assignment without finishing angel school, resulting in a number of humorous escapades. My favorite parts were the tender and serious moments that were interspersed amid the humor and fun.
With her fresh take on angels, Shel Delisle has created a unique celestial world that is very original, and very funn
Stella Wilkinson
Jan 23, 2014 Stella Wilkinson rated it it was amazing
I thought this was super enjoyable. The MC is so likable, I want her for my room-mate if I was in Heaven.
There was a ton of comedy, some very believable characters and just enough romance to tickle your toes.

Grace Lightbourne is sent down to earth to answer a prayer for help. Her charge is a regular teen under some peer pressure, and Grace gets into all manner of scrapes trying to be angelic and helpful, whilst also being distracted by a bit of a hunk who likes breaking the rules.

I recommend it
Delta
Sep 28, 2015 Delta rated it really liked it
This is a very quick and light read. The hero of the story is a bit bumbling, but everyone gets their HEA in the end. Don't expect any action scenes in this one. There is also very little romance. Just a touch, but pretty innocent.

I listened to the audio version and Stephanie Fritz did a great job narrating. There were a lot of female characters in this one and all of them sounded very distinct and not at all whiny or emotionless.

**I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review
Courtney
Jan 29, 2014 Courtney rated it liked it
Shelves: teens
Kind of silly, kind of cute. I enjoyed it more than I thought, but didn't love it by any means. Grace is a angel in training who wants nothing more than to get her wings. She chooses the path of Guardian because she thinks that is the fastest way to get them. She talks her way out of having to go to Guardian school and gets her first assignment. Of course she is clueless and doesn't like studying, so she makes it a lot harder on herself than it needed to be. The characters were cute. I loved lit ...more
Starla Link
May 11, 2015 Starla Link rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading a book by She'll Delisle. I am now a fan. She won my over with this fun, laugh out loud book. This book has a sweetness to it while a naive Grace basically matures through trial and error. She is so focused on what she wants she slowly learns about consequences for her laziness and spontaneous actions. I'm a 48 year old woman who enjoyed this book but I can see my 16 year old niece enjoying it to and maybe even learning a lesson or two.
Melissa
Nov 21, 2013 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-challenge
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was hard to put down! What happens when an Angel is sent to Earth to be a Guardian with no training?? She wings it and completes her first mission with some catastrophes along the way. The storyline is well developed (like how God kept making appearance as different people) and the characters are relatable. This review is short because I can't wait to start the next book!! :)
Janet L. Hage
May 24, 2015 Janet L. Hage rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like reading a script from the Disney channel

Grace is an angel-in-training with only three years of school to go. She has to pick her major and her choice is to skip school and become a guardian so she can get her wings. She breaks most of the rules and gets put on probation. Great for all readers. Well-written and great characterization.
Teodora Grigorie
Feb 14, 2015 Teodora Grigorie rated it liked it
Such a relaxing reading. Grace is an angel in training and she plans to become a guardian angel. To practice, she is sent to Earth, where she makes a lot of mistakes. I really appreciated the writer's imagination and the way she described the celestial society. It is not, of course, a deep novel, but you will have a great time reading it.
Carrie
Jun 17, 2016 Carrie rated it liked it
This audiobook was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review courtesy of AudiobookBoom.com

This was a cute story & I think I would read the next book in the series. It's kind of silly, but it's meant to be light-hearted, so I think it worked perfectly.
Stacy
Apr 17, 2015 Stacy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I can't say I cared for this book. I expected a quirky, humorous book. Instead, I got a heroine so silly she borders on stupid. I admit, I couldn't fish this book. Definitely not my style. If I am leaving a negative review, I usually try to find a positive, but I just CAN'T with this one...other than the grammar was well done. Sorry, just not much to recommend this one for me.
Cheryl
Apr 10, 2012 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
This has to be one of the best books I have read. the humor along the serious parts of this book make it unforgettable. I enjoyed reading how Grace made mistakes and eventually learned from them and how she knew what she wanted and went for it. I say this book is good for anyone who needs a good laugh and a different take on the traditional Angel story.
R.L.
Dec 22, 2015 R.L. rated it it was ok
I love a fun story. I love celestial insights. Not that it wouldn't work for someone else, but this one did not work for me. I couldn't complete the book. It seemed too flippant, irreverent, and unbelievable.
Aletha
Jun 12, 2014 Aletha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing!

Intriguing!

I gave this book a 4 star rating because I felt that, though it seemed a little slow in the beginning, this story was actually very well written. There were spots I found myself laughing out loud. An overall great read!
Carrie V. Olsen
Sep 18, 2014 Carrie V. Olsen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Angels in training

I recommend this book for a much needed pick me up afternoon, I enjoyed the premise that even angels need help. And that somethings only make since when you let God t a key control. I loved this book.
Victor? 6 5 Aug 07, 2014 06:10AM
  • Serenity (Afterlife, #2)
  • Beyond (Afterlife,#1)
  • Revenge of the Homecoming Queen (Aspen Brooks, #1)
  • Wraith (Hawaiian Shadows, #1)
  • Falling (Falling Angels Saga, #4)
  • Angel In The Shadows (The Angel #1)
  • She Speaks to Angels (AngelFire Chronicles, #1)
  • Paper Hearts
  • Sophie's Secret (Whispers, #1)
  • Nickels
  • Dark Seraphine (Seraphine Trilogy, #1)
  • The Book Waitress (The Book Waitress, #1)
  • Snapped
  • Severance (Volition, #2)
  • Stirring Up Trouble (Stirring Up Trouble, #1)
  • Plan on It
  • Courting the Clearwaters
  • Son of Eden (Tales of the Guardian #1)
Want to know about new releases? Sign up for the newsletter! http://eepurl.com/j29Vv

Shel Delisle swam with the dolphins once upon a time. While it was an incredible experience, sadly, the dolphins didn’t speak to her. Even though she lives in Florida with her hubby and three boys, she doesn’t spend as much time as she would like in the water. Most days she writes fiction or works on the kid-lit co
More about Shel Delisle...

Confessions of an Angel-In-Training (3 books)
  • Grounded! (Confessions of an Angel-In-Training, #2)
  • Blown Away! (Confessions of an Angel-In-Training, #3)

“Have you ever decided to do something that seemed like a good idea‌—‌maybe even an inspired idea‌—‌and in the second before there’s no turning back, you think, I musta been totally mental when I came up with this? And then, Oh well, here goes.” 2 likes
“Geez. I was worried about this when the Murphys eyed each other. Do they suspect? And, if a five-year-old knows I say weird things, how will I ever blend in at school?” 1 likes