Start by marking “A Body in the Attic” as Want to Read:
A Body in the Attic

A Body in the Attic

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  9 reviews
A missing soldier. A break in. A former, now soldier, model tells of an aborted assault. A passageway hiding more than years of dust and cobwebs. Rooms where there are none. The reappearance of the mysterious'brown-haired man'. What, if anything, ties these random facts together.
With precision and dedication Emily and Dakota start to unravel some of the questions. Only whe
Published February 26th 2012 by Astraea Press

To ask other readers questions about A Body in the Attic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Body in the Attic

Reviews Rmine
A Body in the Attic- Emily Dahill CID

By Lindsay Downs

Astraea Press

Private First Class Dennis Logan disappeared two weeks ago and the CID has been called in to discover what transpired and where he is.

Special Agent CID Emily Dahill has a unique partner and best bud, a collie named Dakota. Her camera guy, Brett Jackson, Jackie, Sven, and Wallie Hopkins are all part of her intelligent, all encompassing team.

Add to the mix that Master Sergeant Annabelle Carlyle’s house has been robbed and ransacked.
Tifferz
Wow! Ms. Downs has masterminded a story of intrigue and mystery. The plot is great the story moves along quickly. I was not bored and I polished off this story in one sitting. I sure hope that Ms. Downs continues this story. I was happy with the ending but I can see that the author set it up so she could keep going. Please do! I feel like I need to see how things are resolved. I really like how Dakota had his share of action and we get to see things from his prospective. The only things that cou ...more
Iris Blobel
I was looking forward to this book for quite a while and Lindsay Downs did not disappoint. A page turner from the very beginning.

Inspector Rex step aside, here comes Dakota!

Private First Class Dennis Logan disappears and the CID is called to investigate, with the help of the collie Dakota. But at the same time Master Sergeant Annabelle Carlyle's house is broken in. Coincidence?

This is a fast paced story and interesting. Lindsay has her very own style to set a scene and includes chapters from th
Ruth Hartman
A Body in the Attic didn't dissapoint. I loved the mystery the CID team had to solve, as well as the way they solved it. They all worked so well together, using their individual strengths to bond as a well-oiled machine. Plus, I learned a lot about finding clues and solving cases, especially relating to a crime scene involving the military. But my favorite part of the book was Dakota. I loved seeing things through his eyes, getting his take on sniffing out clues and being one of the team. Well d ...more
Eve Cowie
I am very much a fan of this lady and her hero Dakota. Great story telling.
InD'tale Magazine
Lindsay Downs writes two different story lines that come together nicely.

Read full review in the 2012 September issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Darin
This is the first book I have read by Lindsay Downs and I found it difficult to get into and enjoy.
Special Agent Emily Dahill of the CIA, had a very interesting partner in the form of a collie named, Dakota. This animal wrote along with her in the sidecar of her motorcycle. While there were various investigations, shootings, murder, etc... I didn't find this a very interesting and easy to follow book. I actually read the book a couple of times looking for things I may have missed, but still came
Regina Puckett
Ms. Downs has created a great mystery with “Body in the Attic”. It was a little like watching the television show, “Lassie”. I know that’s an oldie, but the collie,Dakota, continued to lead the agents to the clues and would redirect them whenever they got off track. I had flashbacks to when Timmy had to tell Lassie to go get help because someone had fallen into the mine shaft or abandoned well.

This story is well written and very entertaining.
Lisa Orchard
I love mysteries and this one was certainly intriguing. I loved how the CID team worked together and especially Dakota's contribution! I love Collies and Shelties too!

This was a great story that kept me turning the pages, and the ending? Talk about a great cliffhanger! I will definitely be reading the Next Lindsay Downs book! :)
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Dellani Oakes
Dellani Oakes marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Sandie Laughner
Sandie Laughner marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
H.N. Sieverding
H.N. Sieverding marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2013
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013
Misty
Misty marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Debi Sullivan
Debi Sullivan marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2012
M Alexandra Gonsalves
M Alexandra Gonsalves marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2012
Leah Sanders
Leah Sanders marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2012
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2012
Stephanie Ward
Stephanie Ward marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2012
Randa
Randa marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2012
Ciara Knight's Bo...: A Body in the Attic by Lindsay Downs 3 29 Jul 10, 2012 11:25AM
A Christmas Surprise A Dog Gone Christmas Emily Dahill CID Part One A Bluestocking's Christmas A Special English Rose