Start by marking “Mind Reader (The Reunited Hearts, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mind Reader (The Reunited Hearts, #2)

Mind Reader (The Reunited Hearts #2)

* First published by Vicki Hinze writing as Victoria Cole in 1993. First time in ebook. *

SHE KNOWS A CHILD’S LIFE IS IN DANGER BUT NO ONE BELIEVES HER.

HE KNOWS SHE’S A FRAUD AND IS OUT TO PROVE IT.

THEY SEEK THE TRUTH AND DISCOVER THE TRUTH CAN SET YOU FREE . . . OR KILL YOU

Published February 27th 2012 by Magnolia Leaf Press (first published June 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Mind Reader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mind Reader

Saly
This book was so convoluted that it made my head spin and not in a good way, it just seemed too rough and the book was way too long. First off I didn't feel the chemistry between the h/H, I sometimes couldn't even follow what was happening which isn't good. The heroine is psychic has been since she was 7 and has been used all her life, by her father who used her gifts, her mother kicked him out but blamed her, her boyfriends etc everyone. A year ago she almost died since she was unable to save s ...more
Teresa Coppes
Apr 08, 2012 Teresa Coppes rated it liked it
Was an ok read but there were times that I wanted to strangle the main character Caron. A huge portion of the book could have been cut if the characters had a conversation. Now, I'm all for a character getting mad and stomping off all while drawing the wrong conclusions (did he really sleep with her, did she really say that about me, etc) but when it becomes a total cliche just to fill word count - that's when I have a problem. Sure we all get huffy and want to storm off when someone pisses us o ...more
Cathyr
Apr 24, 2012 Cathyr rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle, fiction
I had read Forget Me Not, thought it great and expected this (Mind Reader) to be Christian, but it was not.
Pat
Feb 26, 2013 Pat rated it it was amazing
After reading "All Due Respect", I downloaded this one, which is one of her earlier works. It's not as exciting, but still a great read.

Caron Chalmers is an empath. A mind reader cursed with imaging only victims. She sees what they see, feels what they feel, endures what they endure and has since she was seven. But even with all the sensory perception and insights, sometimes she fails to save victims in time. Sometimes she interprets the signs wrong--and a year ago, she did exactly that. She me
Audrey Grant
Jun 18, 2012 Audrey Grant rated it did not like it
Shelves: e-book
This book was not what I thought it was going to be. It was about a woman who supposedly "read & saw" other people's thoughts and feelings. Like a phycic. On top of which there was a lot of sexual type writing. Not sex scenes to the part I read but very expicit descriptions of how the other person looked and made them feel and what they thought. And that was more than enough description! TOO much. Then there was the problem with the language. I just can't (won't) sit and fill my mind with cu ...more
Leslie Mesmer
Aug 05, 2013 Leslie Mesmer rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. The story grabs you right from the beginning and keeps you drawn in. I enjoyed the character but felt they were developed more to tug on your emotions but not quite with depth.
I read a review that complained this was not a Christian book. I must say that this is built on emotion but NOT on explicit sex like a lot of stories ate based on. When they finally make love all the writer said was" they walked in the room and shut the door". It then goes to the morning after.
Mona
Jul 07, 2013 Mona rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Yes
Recommended to Mona by: No one
A Lie Of The Mind? I don't think so...
Caron Chalmers has visions of a little girl and there running out of time. When the one man who believes her brings in a Private investigator one Parker Simms who does not believe her story one bit. He is bound and determined to prove she's s fraud. She is blind at first to see that, but catches on and sees what he's doing. You just need to read it to find out what she will to prove him and everyone she's not lying...and even uptight Mr. Parker Simms.
You won
April
Dec 19, 2014 April rated it liked it
This as far as psychic detective thrillers was just ok. If you like the dynamics of a psychic helping the police, and the struggle of being taken seriously, you may want to skip this.
You have the psychic who goes to the police because she sees a girl who was abducted. Now she has worked for the police before so,should not be an issue. It went from asking the police to add her in her search for the girl to a private detective who doesn't believe her. That could of been still a good story, howeve
Brianna Seaton
Aug 29, 2014 Brianna Seaton rated it it was amazing
Best book yet!

This book was an amazing read and I literally couldn't put it down, even on my 10 minute breaks at work! What I really liked about this book is that the author would put in the love interests thoughts as well. Some authors go back and forth every chapter but this one didn't. She would just have in linked within the chapters so you could tell what he was thinking through out the book as well. The main character and her love interest made this book that more exciting but in my opinio
MaryAnn
Jan 07, 2014 MaryAnn rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
The book was a mix of suspense, romance with a dash of paranormal "mind reading". Overall I liked this book, but I don't think it's her best book. I did have some trouble picturing Caron as a law enforcement agent as the book enfolded. She started out as a strong presence, but became more dependent and sensitive as the story unfolds. I did think the plot was well laid out, but the relationship between Caron and Parker was a bit predictable.

Overall I give the book 3.5 stars.
Linda
May 31, 2012 Linda rated it really liked it
This is a book I read on Kindle. Having never read this author before, I was thrilled to find that she writes great! Caron is an empath who only imagines victims. Parker is a PI who originally thinks she is a fraud. This is fast paced story with lots of twists. Misty is the little girl who is missing. I definitely will be looking for more books by this author.
Sue
Feb 07, 2016 Sue rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, psychics
another free kindle book that I enjoyed. Caron is a woman who gets visions of people that need help and Parker is out to prove she is a fraud. I usually don't lie the psychic kind of stuff, but the story had enough going on to make it a fast read.
Hoopz Chick x
Sep 14, 2013 Hoopz Chick x rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It had a bit of everything. Had a gripped within the first fee pages, had you liking the main characters Caron & Parker, had you wondering who did what and when, had a live story. Loved it!
Patricia Curtis
Nov 10, 2012 Patricia Curtis rated it did not like it

One word. Terrible
Holly
Jun 26, 2014 Holly rated it really liked it
This was a really good book, and I was not sure it would be. I was hooked after the first chapter. Well written, and worth a read.
Mar 25, 2012 Sarah rated it it was ok
I just could not get into this book. Maybe it was the format it was in on my Kindle. Whatever the reason I was not able to finish it.
Jeanne
Feb 04, 2013 Jeanne rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, romance
Not as good as the first book I read by Vickie Hinze.- but ok.
Lucy
Aug 17, 2013 Lucy rated it it was ok
This was an ok read. The suspense is good, not great, and the heat between the character is enough to keep you reading. However, the end is a bit disappointing.
Ivelisse
Oct 12, 2013 Ivelisse rated it really liked it
Very good story, highly recommend it. Would have liked more love scenes.
Nov 29, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it
Cheap Kindle purchase and I found it surprisingly good. It kept my attention throughout; I read it quickly to find out what was going to happen.
Amy
Feb 12, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It drew me in and kept me wondering what was going to happen next. The romance thrown into the mix of a mystery murder is alway welcome where I am concerned.
Debi Johnson
Jul 13, 2015 Debi Johnson rated it really liked it
Very engaging book. Good story. I am reading the second book by the same author and am planning now to read her third book!
Judy Wise
Sep 21, 2012 Judy Wise rated it really liked it
This really was a good book. I forgot to report that I had read it. It is about finding a little
being psychic. I could not put it down.
Bernette Beals
Jun 28, 2015 Bernette Beals rated it it was amazing
Mind Reader review

Mind Reader is an excellent romantic suspense book written by author Vicki Hinze. It is the second book in The Reunited Heart's series.
Candy Burke
Candy Burke rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2013
Michelle Galanits
Michelle Galanits rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2017
Robin
Robin rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2013
Devon
Devon rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2013
Pam
Pam rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2015
Sparkymom
Sparkymom rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Mind reading! 1 1 Jan 29, 2015 04:07PM
  • The Innocent (FBI Psychics, #4.5)
  • DIRTY (Jackie Mercer, #1)
  • Maddy's Floor (Psychic Visions, #3)
  • Hijacked (The Appalachian Foothills #1)
  • The Defender (Jackson Hole #6)
  • Under Currents
  • The True Beast (Full Moon Mercy, #2)
  • Unseen
  • No Safe Haven
  • Devil's Lake
  • The Thief
  • The Bobcat's Tale (Blue Moon Junction, #2)
  • Stutter Creek
  • Chasing Shadows (Shadow Ops, #1)
  • Against The Wind (Florida Sands Romantic Suspense, #1)
  • A Stranger's Touch (Psychic Heat Book #1)
  • Material Witness (Heroes of Providence, #1)
  • The Devils' Cradle
Vicki is the award-winning author of 30 novels, 4 nonfiction books and hundreds of articles. She's recognized as an author and as an educator by Who's Who in America and Who's Who in the World.

Vicki mentors writers through her Writers' Zone program and has for well over a decade.

Currently she's writing faith-affirming thrillers and inspirational romantic suspense. Her latest releases are SURVIVE T
More about Vicki Hinze...

The Reunited Hearts (3 books)
  • Her Perfect Life (The Reunited Hearts, #1)
  • Duplicity (The Reunited Hearts, #3)