Start by marking “Garage on the Edge of Town” as Want to Read:
Garage on the Edge of Town

Garage on the Edge of Town

1.59 of 5 stars 1.59  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Nothing can prepare you for the relentless perversion and brutality of Craig Scott's GARAGE ON THE EDGE OF TOWN. This collection eviscerates the notion of what poetry is and shoves the remnants of its bloody carcass down your throat. Read if you dare (
Published December 2011 by Writing Knights Press

To ask other readers questions about Garage on the Edge of Town, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Garage on the Edge of Town

Pretty much pointless as poetry goes. Does not convey a strong sense of emotion or feelings. It epitomizes today's society though with shallowness and sex. Media should be used to revolutionize the public in a way that encourages thinking for ones self, not uphold the current state of mundane and worthless-feeling life.
Once I started reading this, I was relieved that it was so short - I never could have handled a whole book of it. It claims to be perverted, which isn't necessarily a bad thing - but these poems are the worst kind of perverted. Thoroughly disgusting.

The one poem that I felt had any redeeming value was the final poem, from which the compilation gets its name. But by the time I reached the final poem, I was too disgusted by all the others to really appreciate it.

Vincent Anton
It is a booklet, about 20 pages. It was not something expected; a little too much on the "F" word to make it poetic. Could not finish after 2 pages. I guess it does try to send a message but did not know what it was . I will look for some other works from Craig Scott and hope it gets better.
I won this in a goodreads giveaway.
I was expecting something a lot thicker, probably deeper- poetry.
Instead I got 20 pages of sexually explicit and profane nonsense.
Was this poetry, or just someone's diary of their sexual frustrations?

Not worth much more of a review than that, sorry.
Extreme Profanity!! I've read through this publication several times, ignoring the extreme profanity and trying to find some substance or meaning. There is a abundance of sexual deviation and degrading sexual rants. The entire publication is an extremely disturbing rant - lots of anger.
I received this book for free on Goodreads' First Reads giveaway.

It arrived some time ago and I've avoided reading it til now. I was sorely disappointed by what I saw when I first opened up the envelope. This is not a book - it's a booklet; it isn't professionally published so much as printed on cardstock and computer paper; and it sure as heck isn't worth $7 as it says on the back cover.

Given my initial reaction and the other reviews on it, I was loathe to even attempt reading it. I finally got
Mar 26, 2012 Laura rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Unintelligent perverts
Recommended to Laura by: Sister won in a giveaway
My sister won this book in a Goodreads giveaway, and our friend and I instantly took it from her and started reading it. If that hadn't been the case, I probably wouldn't have finished it. This isn't poetry is the slightest; it's some sick pervert's fantasy world. It's like he didn't know how to write poetry, so instead he decided to just cover that up by maybe being able to satisfy his readers by putting in his most disgusting dreams and hoping that would work. There doesn't seem to be any emot ...more
Heather Nichol
I won this book from Goodreads First Reads.

It's the worst piece of garbage, I've ever laid eyes on. When I get the chance, I'm sending it back with a note saying "This is a little too Freudian for my taste."

Keith Johnson
Don't read this if you don't like bad language and psychotic imagery.
Jim Braly
I received “Garage on the Edge of Town” in a Goodreads giveaway. I advise you to disregard all of my comments — I am not qualified to review outrageous, transgressive poetry. However, I liked the book enough to send copies to Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich to give them an outside-the-gated-community taste of nihilism and despair, into which 49.4 percent of America will descend after the November election. You see, I chose to read “Garage” as a metaphor for — and a reaction to — the ...more
Catfish Mcdaris

Craig Scott is a talented poet and storyteller. In his latest book, Garage on the Edge of Town, he holds absolutely nothing back. Every word is well chosen, every poem chiseled like a fine diamond. He shoves the reader off the cliff into his domain. I found myself grinning and shaking my head in wonder. This is a great read, not to be missed, with a surprise killer ending. Order one while you can from:
Writing Knights Press ISBN 978-1-61979-526-6

I had won a free copy of the Garage on the Edge of Town from a Goodreads giveaway. It seemed to be very vulgar in language and very negative and down right depressing. I more so got a kick out of it because I have never seen a book with the language that was in this one. I dont have too many people I would recommend this book to.
MaDonna Lemmen
I won this through Goodreads Giveaways. I was very disappointed. I read the warnings but still entered. I love poetry very much but this was basically some guys very disturbing thoughts of sex and violence.
Katlin Collins
Katlin Collins marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Jennifer Lee
Jennifer Lee marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2012
Dominique marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2012
Sara added it
Mar 20, 2012
Sarah marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2012
Jordyn marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2012
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2012
Lisa marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 next »