Start by marking “El ladrón del rayo (Percy Jackson y los dioses del Olimpo, #1)” as Want to Read:
El ladrón del rayo (Percy Jackson y los dioses del Olimpo, #1)

El ladrón del rayo (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels #1)

3.95  ·  Rating Details ·  13,308 Ratings  ·  982 Reviews
Novela gráfica.
Adaptación, Robert Venditti; ilustraciones, Attila Futaki; color, José Villarrubia; diseño, Orpheus Collar; rotulación, Chris Dickey; [traducción del inglés de Santiago del Rey]

¿Qué pasaría si un día descubrieras que, en realidad, eres hijo de un dios griego que debe cumplir una misión secreta? Pues eso es lo que le sucede a Percy Jackson, que a partir de es
Published November 2011 by Salamandra (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about El ladrón del rayo, please sign up.

Serena This site does not allow you to read published works for free.
Hannah yeah, i no that the sixth book got published in august, although i havent been able to find the second

Elevetha
1.5 stars.

The truth about graphic novels is that they are almost always bad entirely carried by the illustrations. That's just how it is. So when you have illustrations that are, to be frank, rather bad and the characters do NOT look like how anyone, except apparently Attila, envisioned them, it all amounts to a poor graphic adaptation that doesn't hold a candle, nor even a crappy busted Bic lighter, to the original series. You don't gain anything except a minor headache from reading this.

I mea
Helen 2.0
I suppose the artist/writer wanted to keep this graphic novel as brief as possible, but in the process he/she completely omitted a number of important plot points from the Lightning Thief novel. I would have been thoroughly disappointed in the story had I not read the written version a long time ago.
Jim Ef
Jan 11, 2016 Jim Ef rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
image: description
I haven’t read the book but I guess that is better than this. Percy is a normal teenager or at least that’s what he thinks. One day a crazy thing happens at school and Percy will find out that he is actually the son of Poseidon, god of sea. A war between Poseidon and Zeus is going to start in couple of weeks and all because of a misunderstanding. Of course the one who can end this before our world ends is Percy.

So the story doesn’t seem so bad right? The problem was that I didn’t care abo
Jessica
I felt like it didn't portray Percy as well as the book did, he wasn't as funny in the graphic and I felt that the story didn't flow very well because of key parts that were missing. However I really liked the art and it was easy to follow.
Juliana Zapata
Nov 04, 2014 Juliana Zapata rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Leer esta novela gráfica es la mejor manera de revivir esta historia una y otras vez en unas pocas horas.

Como ya amo la historia y a los personajes, solo diré que me encantaron las ilustraciones y como se adaptó la novela.
Stepheny
So on Christmas eve my two best friends and I exchanged gifts at work. Lindsay bought Andrea the first three graphic novels of the Percy Jackson series. Now, I had NO idea up to this point that these were a thing. Then when Lindsay and I opened our gifts from Andrea we realized she bought them for us! Can’t tell we spend a lot of time together!!!

We all read and loved the Percy Jackson series. It was something we shared together. The three of us read all the time and typically if one of us raves
Carlos De Eguiluz
Dec 07, 2016 Carlos De Eguiluz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hace más de cuatro años que adquirí este tomo, y vaya historia que tengo con él. Una de mis mejores inversiones.
Mario
Jan 19, 2015 Mario rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
This was a really fun and fast read, which I really liked. But what I didn't like is lack of Percy's humour, and most characters looked so different than as I imagined them.
Vicky N.
Popsugar Reading Challenge 2017 - A book based on mythology. It is based on Greek Mythology. 1/52

Percy Jackson thinks he's a normal 12 year old who has dyslexia and ADHD until he gets attacked by a teacher on a school trip and finds out he is the son of a god. He travels to a camp filled with other demigods(sons of a god and a human) where he gets sent on a quest for Zeus' stolen lightning bolt.
So begins Percy Jackson's journey fighting angry gods and all kinds of mythical creatures.

Percy Jack
Raoofa Ibrahim
Mar 11, 2016 Raoofa Ibrahim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: myth
It's not as the same quality as the second one.. the drawing was very simple, no much details and the story missed a lot of things .. I read the book a six months ago and I forgot things so while reading the graphic novel some parts were confusing.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Oct 10, 2015 Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dtb-book
Having read the entire series as a whole years ago, I already knew what I was getting into beofre starting this graphic novel version of the story.

And even though it is obvious going into the story that you won't be getting the completely story, the beautiful illustrations more than made up for the lack of info.

Beautifully drawn and a whole lot of fun. I would say my first foray into the graphic novel world was a huge success and now I want more. I will definitely be continuing the series (agai
Armin Khodadadi
Apr 12, 2017 Armin Khodadadi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
مزخرف محض! یا همیچن چیزی...
طراحی هاش از همه چیزِ این ناول بدتر بود.
کاری به "اقتباس" و یه عده آدمِ پرسی جکسون فنِ متعصب که میگن:( وای خدا این اصلا شبیه کتاب نبود. با توصیفات "ریک" یکی نبود و...) اصلا ندارم! انگار به چارتا آدم افلیج رنگ و لعاب دادن :| همین
Miss Book
Ah. Disappointment.
This was super quick read, but I really didn't like it. I knew going into this that it was different from the book, but I was just very disappointed. The characters were very different than I imagined them. The art style was not the best. It was not that funny. And it generally took away the feel of the book, which I couldn't stand.
If you're a fan of the series, you might be interested in reading this, but, personally, I didn't like it at all.
Carolina
Nov 06, 2014 Carolina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-shelf
3.5*

This was a simple and fast read. I didn't particulary like the art work, they could have done something so much better, especially for the Underworld part. Some parts had beautiful colors but the art itself didn't appeal that much to me.
Really liked getting back to our first encounter with Percy though.
isabelle
description

Let me admit that although I have little to no experience in graphic novels, I am a minor art geek. I draw in my free time when I'm not in a mood to pick up a book. I look at art like a predator looks at its prey. Calculating. Judging. And as I looked upon the art in this graphic novel I almost instantly cringed. Our cast did not look like twelve year olds. Their faces changed from time to time and I had to pause to figure if it was the same person. And don't even get me started on Annabeth's cl
Lola  Reviewer

I literally read this graphic novel in 30 minutes. It’s so fast-paced and there aren’t that many dialogs. In general, I didn’t find it bad but…the illustrations were awful.

The characters weren’t portrayed at all as I imagined them. While Percy and cie were supposed to look like kids, they were drawn as if they were 17-18 years old. Also, the world-building looked so cheap. More color than actual buildings or stuff here and there.

I didn’t feel the story's deepness enough for me to be captivated.
Book Concierge
This is the graphic novel version of the first book in Riordan’s popular Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. Percy (a/k/a Perseus) is a 12-year-old dyslexic kid who fears he’s about to fail out of yet another school, disappointing his mother and antagonizing his stepfather. But in fact, he is about to discover that he is the son of Poseidon, a half-blood, and destined to retrieve Zeus’s missing lightning bolt from Hades.

I might have enjoyed this fantasy novel in the traditional book format.
Carol
Jul 23, 2012 Carol rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Daisy
Jan 29, 2015 Daisy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the first graphic novel that I have read. Therefore I do not have much to compare it to. I enjoyed this graphic novel, it mainly stuck to the plotline of The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. However there were some things which I found a little disappointing, one of which was the lack of humour. The narrative of Percy in The Lighting Thief by Rick Riordan is humorous and entertaining, however this graphic novel adaptation of it felt dry. I was also annoyed that the character of Medusa w ...more
Connor
Jan 19, 2016 Connor rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I love the overall story, but I think they left out A LOT of important elements that the original version had. I didn't think the dialogue was nearly as sarcastic and humorous, and some of the events that effect future problems in the story were brushed over or not mentioned. Obviously I know a graphic novel can't be a one for one transition, but it could have at least captured the overall essence a little better. Also, I thought the artwork kind of jumped all over the place. You could definitel ...more
Donna
Nov 13, 2010 Donna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teens, tweens
I wondered, as I picked up this slim volume, how would they ever get the story line, let alone all of the mention of Greek gods and goddesses, into it? Surprise! They don't! This is a "greatest hits" EP of the book. Not even all of the most interesting action scenes are in it. While it was fun to see how someone else visualized the scenes, this is not a book you could read and maybe even follow without reading its novel cousin. One of the lesser successful graphic novel adaptations I have seen o ...more
Andrea
Aug 01, 2016 Andrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this graphic novel for The Lightning Thief. It was like reading the book all over again.
Tangirul Islam
This book is a real page turner.
Jean
"Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood. I never asked to be the son of a Greek god."

This review is for Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel, which has been adapted by Robert Vendetti from Rick Riordan's novel, the first in the "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" series. The art work is by Attila Futaki and Jose Villarrubia.

The advertising blurb says, "Percy Jackson, half boy, half god, all hero." It certainly sounded exciting. In fact though, it is rather a disappointing read
Miriam Brickman
Mar 01, 2017 Miriam Brickman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was the same old story of percy jackson except some parts were cut out i really enjoyed it but i wished they had had the seen with medusa in it!
M
Aug 25, 2012 M rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Having briefly encountered Percy Jackson through my students, the local library offered this graphic novel adaptation provided a chance to explore the phenomenon. Robert Venditti uses Rick Riordan's prose to render the story of Percy Jackson in the four-color realm. Bounced between schools, an encounter with the figures from Greek mythology lead Percy Jackson on a quest to uncover his parentage and prevent an Olympian war. Sadly, this compendium feels almost rushed; it is as if the author had a ...more
Isabella Marie
Nov 05, 2015 Isabella Marie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my very first Graphic Novel that I have read. Usually Graphic Novels don't really interest me but when I saw that it was for Percy Jackson I thought I'd give it a go.
Turns out, it was great! It didn't really follow the book or movie very accurately but was still good in its own way.
It had its own funny moments & had some great illustrations. It was a nice change from a regular book.
The Graphic Novel was basically the book in fast forward with a bit of a different storyline.
Overal
Aimee
This is the first graphic novel I've ever read.
I love the Percy Jackson series but I didn't like this. I understand the whole book can't fit into a graphic novel but some pretty important scenes were missing.

Also, the illustrations are horrible. I don't think I'll be reading any more of them.
Ellis
Gewoon leuk! Het verhaal leent zich goed voor zo'n uitgave, belangrijke details missen niet en de tekeningen kunnen echt wat toevoegen. Zeker met al die monsters. Hoofdpersonages zien er wel wat anders uit dan ingebeeld, maar ik voel me nog niet zo met hen verbonden dat mij dat uitmaakt.
Anne
My 10 year old thought it was kind of cool, but he wasn't super excited about it. It stuck pretty close to the book, but it felt kind of choppy. Not a bad choice for a reluctant reader, though.
About the book 1 4 Oct 28, 2015 03:27PM
The Movie 17 50 Dec 19, 2013 05:05PM
  • Hades: Lord of the Dead (Olympians, #4)
  • Frostbite: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #2)
  • The Black Book of Buried Secrets
  • The Arctic Incident: The Graphic Novel (Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • City of Bones: The Graphic Novel
  • Stormbreaker: The Graphic Novel (Alex Rider: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Blue Bloods: The Graphic Novel
  • The Hidden Doors (Explorer, #3)
  • The Twilight Zone: The Midnight Sun
  • Pantheons (Pantheons, #1)
  • Death and Taxes (The Sons of Liberty #2)
  • The Shark King
  • The City of Ember: The Graphic Novel
  • G-Man Volume 1: Learning To Fly
  • Percy Jackson
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians: List of Percy Jackson and the Olympians Characters

More about Rick Riordan...

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels (4 books)
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)

“Um, Dues ex machina anyone?” 6 likes