Start by marking “One More Try” as Want to Read:
One More Try

One More Try

Six years ago, Evan Alexander played first base for Richmond's minor league baseball team, the Rebels. His best friend on the team was pitcher Charlie Madison, a sexy man Evan couldn't help falling in love with. When he finally admitted his feelings, Charlie seemed to feel the same.

But the season ended and Charlie left, breaking Evan's heart. Now the divorced father of a l
ebook, 1st Edition, 41 pages
Published February 28th 2012 by JMS Books LLC (first published February 26th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about One More Try, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One More Try

Bear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. KluneFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsDuty & Devotion by Tere MichaelsOne Small Thing by Piper VaughnWho We Are by T.J. Klune
Best Gay Books Dealing With Children
273rd out of 373 books — 561 voters
Taking Chances by Molly McAdamsThoughtless by S.C. StephensAmy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan MatsonLeaving Paradise by Simone ElkelesBetween the Lines by Tammara Webber
Holding Hands
246th out of 266 books — 349 voters

More lists with this book...

LaShonta
Mar 05, 2012 LaShonta rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm-with-kids
Gabriel
May 13, 2012 Gabriel rated it did not like it
No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

I could continue writing the word 'no', shaking my head every time and it still won't change a thing about this little short story of a 'romance' book, I guess.

In one word I was disappointed.

I have read a lot from J.M. Snyder over the past couple of years and in general I really like this author. The writing is beautiful, the stories captivating and the characters are some you really come to care about.

I'm afraid to say this did not happen in One More Try.
The
Ami
Feb 28, 2012 Ami rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-short-stories
What can I say, when it comes to short stories, I can't get enough of Ms. Snyder's. Even with a theme that has been written often, I think she can always make it interesting. So yes, I'm biased :).

This one plays with my emotion, just right. Written from Evan's perspective (3rd person), his inner-turmoil regarding Charlie's return to his life after 6 years is well-played. He is confused and hurt, but at the same time, he knows that he hasn't stopped loving Charlie. Even all the time they were apa
Cole Riann
Review posted at Brief Encounters Reviews.

In six years of pining for his best friend Charlie, the man who left him after professing his love and a night of passion, Evan has gotten married, gotten a divorce and had a little girl named Kasey. But guess who shows up at the door with an overnight bag during his weekend with his daughter? Yep, and Charlie seems determined to work his way back into Evan’s life and his heart, instantly winning over Kasey in the process. But, should Evan take him back?
blub
Mar 10, 2012 blub rated it it was ok
I usually try to steer clear of stories with children in them unless it's about the main characters but once in a while I decide to give such books a try. This is the first book I've read by this author and it seemed promising from the blurb but frankly I was disappointed..it's possible my opinion was clouded by what mindset I was in when I read it.

What bothered me about the story?

I found Evan to be a bit annoying with his soliloquies. Yeah..okay, he loves Charlie and can't ever say "no" or give
Morgana_lefay
Mar 29, 2012 Morgana_lefay rated it it was ok
Anke
Feb 28, 2012 Anke rated it liked it
Nice story, but besides having difficulties to relate to Evan sticking to his love for Charlie for the last six years, I would have appreciated to get some kind of explanation from Charlie for his long absence. Still, the writing was very good.
Nick
Nick rated it it was ok
Apr 06, 2012
Lauraadriana
Lauraadriana rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2012
MariDAcanto
MariDAcanto rated it did not like it
Mar 18, 2012
MsMiz (Tina)
MsMiz (Tina) rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2012
Maria
Maria rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2014
Priscila Rocha
Priscila Rocha rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2013
Dana
Dana rated it it was ok
Dec 01, 2013
Eleanor
Eleanor rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2014
Sarah rated it it was ok
Nov 20, 2014
Linus
Linus rated it did not like it
Jun 23, 2014
J.M.
Mar 05, 2012 J.M. rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Mariana
Mariana rated it it was ok
Mar 22, 2012
Draga
Draga rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2013
Leah
Leah rated it it was ok
Mar 17, 2012
David Erickson
David Erickson rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2016
DoaJaneoDoe
DoaJaneoDoe rated it it was ok
May 06, 2014
Dutchgirl
Dutchgirl rated it it was ok
Jan 14, 2016
Monyee Watson
Monyee Watson rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2014
Berrin
Berrin rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
An author of gay erotic/romantic fiction, J.M. Snyder began in self-publishing and worked with Amber Allure, Aspen Mountain, eXcessica, and Torquere Presses.

Snyder's highly erotic short gay fiction has been published online at Amazon Shorts, Eros Monthly, Ruthie's Club, and Tit-Elation, as well as in anthologies by Alyson Books, Aspen Mountain, Cleis Press, eXcessica Publishing, Lethe Press, and R
More about J.M. Snyder...