Dream Save Do: An Action Plan for Dreamers
read excerpt

Dream Save Do: An Action Plan for Dreamers

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Dream Save Do is an Action Plan to make Some Day a reality.

You yearn for something more: to travel the world, start your own business, create art, or change the world. Maybe you are fuzzy on the details, but you know you want something different. You want to make your own rules for a change, but you aren't quite sure how to start - much less how to pay for it.

What you need...more
Kindle Edition, Second, 370 pages
Published February 15th 2013 by Married with Luggage (first published October 18th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Dream Save Do, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dream Save Do

Caroline
Great and easy read, full of tips ans tricks for anyone tired of just dreaming and itching to get started on achieving their dreams.

Based on experience and empty of the "dream it and it will come" attitude, Betsy and Warren Talbot insist on the fact that the only thing that will make people reach their goals, whatever they are, is actually doing the work towards them; every day.

Not afraid to admit failures and lessons, this book makes you feel like you know the writers personally and that they h...more
Stella
WOW!
After reading this book - my husband and I are already creating our Roadmap for our dream...
This book is inspirational and matter of fact and realistic and really all we needed to get strated. And to stop dreaming but take action, or as the authors state: "Scheming and dreaming will only fill your mind. Taking action will fill your life."

or

"When people think of changing their lives, they often daydream about the big moment, the point where they cease living the everyday and begin living the...more
Victoria Raschke
I'm not sure what I really expected but I got much more than that. The best thing about this book isn't the breezy, personal way it's written or the excellent planning outline; it's that from page one Talbot makes it clear this is a doable thing (whatever your thing is). I'm ready to go back to the beginning and get to work.
Angi
This book provided a great step by step introduction to aligning your life to what you really desire. My only (minor) beef - because I'm also interested in long-term (quasi-permanent?) traveling, it would have been nice to have more information on the logistics of such travel - how to choose a route, opportunities for alternative housing (ie house sitting, WWOLF, volunteerism, etc), but I understand that this was marketed towards a broader audience. Overall, this was a really good book!
Samantha
I may be a little biased (since my story is one of those featured in this book) but if it weren't for the original version, and Betsy & Warren's blog (married with luggage) I would never have found the courage, motivation or inspiration to change my life.

This is a book for anyone with a dream, or anyone who would like a dream but hasn't found it yet! It's practical, easy to read and can set you on your path to live the life that you always wanted!

Do yourself a favour & get a copy!
Gigi Griffis
What I love most about this book is that it is actionable. There are a lot of books out there encouraging people to live their dreams, but what makes this one stand apart is that Betsy shares the nitty gritty, the details, the action you can take on a day-to-day basis to make your dream a reality.

If you want to change your life, but you're feeling overwhelmed and unsure where to start, this book might be just what the doctor ordered.
Marybright1
This book delivered more than I was expecting. It was very thorough and engaging, taking the reader step by step through the actions needed to take their dreams from "someday" to "we're doing this". I hope to reread it again soon with my husband so we can work on implementing the actions laid out in the book.
Dec 26, 2012 Jennifer rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Jennifer by: Betsy Talbot
Shelves: favorites
This book is a fabulous guide for anyone who has a dream to live...and isn't that everyone? It will show you step by step how to achieve your dream, no matter what your dream is. I love this book and I'm sure I'll be reading it more than once.
Stacy
I'm a fan of Betsy & Warren's blog and podcast, and this book was just as good. Enjoyable, informative, and inspirational. A great read for anyone who has dreams but also wants practical tips about how to put them into action.
Betsy Maples
Great book for anyone who has a dream (and who doesn't?), this book gives both a practical plan on how to make your dream a reality, plus stories on how the authors made their dream of traveling the world come true.
o| hannah |o
o| hannah |o marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Karamvinodkumar
Karamvinodkumar marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Lori Dorrell kersey
Lori Dorrell kersey marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Heather Asbell
Heather Asbell marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Stephanie Black
Stephanie Black marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Dipak
Dipak marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Emily Kendall
Emily Kendall marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Sarra
Sarra marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Michele Licata
Michele Licata marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Arun Prasath
Arun Prasath marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Ruby Gj
Ruby Gj marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
heather
heather marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Gordon Alley
Gordon Alley marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Since I first learned to read, I've devoured at least one book a week. As curious as I am about what other people write, I'm just as curious to talk about it in real life, especially if we can do it over a great meal.

In 2010, I sold everything I owned along with my husband to take off on a trip around the world that has turned into a full-time lifestyle. You'd think this adventure would replace so...more
More about Betsy Talbot...
Getting Rid Of It: Eliminate the Clutter in Your Life Strip Off Your Fear: Radiate the Confidence Within In Confidence: Essays in Bold Living Married with Luggage: What We Learned About Love by Traveling the World