Start by marking “Dream Save Do: An Action Plan for Dreamers Like You” as Want to Read:
Dream Save Do: An Action Plan for Dreamers Like You

Read Excerpt

Dream Save Do: An Action Plan for Dreamers Like You

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  87 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Dream Save Do is an Action Plan to make Some Day a reality.

You yearn for something more: to travel the world, start your own business, create art, or change the world. Maybe you are fuzzy on the details, but you know you want something different. You want to make your own rules for a change, but you aren't quite sure how to start - much less how to pay for it.

What you need
Kindle Edition, Second, 370 pages
Published February 15th 2013 by Married with Luggage (first published October 18th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Dream Save Do, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dream Save Do

Optimal Living 360 by Sanjay JainDream Save Do by Betsy TalbotAlice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollVagabonding by Rolf PottsAhab's Wife, or The Star-Gazer by Sena Jeter Naslund
Inspire Your Dreams
2nd out of 45 books — 9 voters
Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran FoerSlaughterhouse-Five by Kurt VonnegutTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeeThe Handmaid's Tale by Margaret AtwoodThe Book Thief by Markus Zusak
My Summer 2015
31st out of 94 books — 8 voters

More lists with this book...

Caroline
May 01, 2013 Caroline rated it it was amazing
Great and easy read, full of tips ans tricks for anyone tired of just dreaming and itching to get started on achieving their dreams.

Based on experience and empty of the "dream it and it will come" attitude, Betsy and Warren Talbot insist on the fact that the only thing that will make people reach their goals, whatever they are, is actually doing the work towards them; every day.

Not afraid to admit failures and lessons, this book makes you feel like you know the writers personally and that they h
Charmin
Jul 20, 2016 Charmin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: growth
Highlights:
1. By downsizing we had landed in the lap of luxury.
2. We learned that standing out from the crowd gave us a better view anyway.
3. People’s reactions are generally about them and not about you.
4. Creating a “failure plan” when you feel strong will help you recover quickly when you are weak.
(Steven Pressfield, Do the Work) – resistance is your clue you are on the right track, even as it compels you to abandon your plans.
5. Mediocrity drifts in because you have nothing with which to
Stella
WOW!
After reading this book - my husband and I are already creating our Roadmap for our dream...
This book is inspirational and matter of fact and realistic and really all we needed to get strated. And to stop dreaming but take action, or as the authors state: "Scheming and dreaming will only fill your mind. Taking action will fill your life."

or

"When people think of changing their lives, they often daydream about the big moment, the point where they cease living the everyday and begin living the
Victoria Raschke
Jul 08, 2014 Victoria Raschke rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure what I really expected but I got much more than that. The best thing about this book isn't the breezy, personal way it's written or the excellent planning outline; it's that from page one Talbot makes it clear this is a doable thing (whatever your thing is). I'm ready to go back to the beginning and get to work.
Angi
Aug 27, 2013 Angi rated it really liked it
Shelves: 50-for-2013
This book provided a great step by step introduction to aligning your life to what you really desire. My only (minor) beef - because I'm also interested in long-term (quasi-permanent?) traveling, it would have been nice to have more information on the logistics of such travel - how to choose a route, opportunities for alternative housing (ie house sitting, WWOLF, volunteerism, etc), but I understand that this was marketed towards a broader audience. Overall, this was a really good book!
Samantha
Feb 16, 2013 Samantha rated it it was amazing
I may be a little biased (since my story is one of those featured in this book) but if it weren't for the original version, and Betsy & Warren's blog (married with luggage) I would never have found the courage, motivation or inspiration to change my life.

This is a book for anyone with a dream, or anyone who would like a dream but hasn't found it yet! It's practical, easy to read and can set you on your path to live the life that you always wanted!

Do yourself a favour & get a copy!
Gigi Griffis
Mar 11, 2013 Gigi Griffis rated it really liked it
What I love most about this book is that it is actionable. There are a lot of books out there encouraging people to live their dreams, but what makes this one stand apart is that Betsy shares the nitty gritty, the details, the action you can take on a day-to-day basis to make your dream a reality.

If you want to change your life, but you're feeling overwhelmed and unsure where to start, this book might be just what the doctor ordered.
Marybright1
Jul 09, 2014 Marybright1 rated it it was amazing
This book delivered more than I was expecting. It was very thorough and engaging, taking the reader step by step through the actions needed to take their dreams from "someday" to "we're doing this". I hope to reread it again soon with my husband so we can work on implementing the actions laid out in the book.
Dec 26, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Jennifer by: Betsy Talbot
Shelves: favorites
This book is a fabulous guide for anyone who has a dream to live...and isn't that everyone? It will show you step by step how to achieve your dream, no matter what your dream is. I love this book and I'm sure I'll be reading it more than once.
Stacy
I'm a fan of Betsy & Warren's blog and podcast, and this book was just as good. Enjoyable, informative, and inspirational. A great read for anyone who has dreams but also wants practical tips about how to put them into action.
Betsy Maples
Jun 10, 2013 Betsy Maples rated it really liked it
Great book for anyone who has a dream (and who doesn't?), this book gives both a practical plan on how to make your dream a reality, plus stories on how the authors made their dream of traveling the world come true.
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Brent Van Holder
Brent Van Holder marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
Keith Khalilsson
Keith Khalilsson marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Todd Bradley
Todd Bradley rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2016
Todd Bradley
Todd Bradley rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Victoria Hamill
Victoria Hamill marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Mhd Medani
Mhd Medani marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Carissa
Carissa rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Earren
Earren marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Anita Kew
Anita Kew marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Harpreet
Harpreet rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2016
Maryellen Grady
Maryellen Grady marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Word
Word marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Kati
Kati rated it really liked it
May 15, 2016
Roy
Roy marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Selma Olsen
Selma Olsen marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
  • Your Novel, Day by Day:  A Fiction Writer's Companion
  • Daring Adventures in Paint: Find Your Flow, Trust Your Path, and Discover Your Authentic Voice-Techniques for Painting, Sketching, and Mixed Media
  • Doodles Unleashed: Mixed-Media Techniques for Doodling, Mark-Making & Lettering
  • The Boss of You: Everything A Woman Needs to Know to Start, Run, and Maintain Her Own Business
  • Is Your Chair Killing You?
  • Turn Your Dreams And Wants Into Achievable SMART Goals!
  • Who Are You People?: A Personal Journey Into the Heart of Fanatical Passion in America
  • Depression and Your Child: A Guide for Parents and Caregivers
  • Allen Carr's Easy Way for Women to Stop Smoking
  • 21 Days to a More Disciplined Life
  • 21 Days to Change Your Body
  • Organize for a Fresh Start: Embrace Your Next Chapter in Life
  • Brave Intuitive Painting-Let Go, Be Bold, Unfold!: Techniques for Uncovering Your Own Unique Painting Style
Since I first learned to read, I've devoured at least one book a week (currently, about three). As curious as I am about what other people write, I'm just as curious to talk about it in real life, especially if we can do it over a great meal.

In 2010, I sold everything I owned along with my husband to take off on a trip around the world that turned into a full-time lifestyle. You'd think this adven
More about Betsy Talbot...

“Langston Hughes said it best: “A dream deferred is a dream denied.” 1 likes
“You must have long term goals to keep you from being frustrated by short term failures." ~Charles C. Noble” 1 likes