Start by marking “Family Thang” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Family Thang

James Henderson

Family Thang

Comedy: a fractured family's dirty laundry is aired, soiled, stained, muddied, fumigated and declared a health hazard when their patriarch succumbs to barbecued neck bones laced with arsenic.
ebook, 1st., 402 pages
Published January 30th 2012 by Broke-Tooth Dog Press

To ask other readers questions about Family Thang, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Family Thang

Author Lesley Hal
Jan 16, 2013 Author Lesley Hal rated it really liked it
A Family Thang was one of those unexpected gems of a book that I love coming across. The character development was EXCELLENT! I loved each and every one of the characters and their personalities. The story was full of humor and had me laughing so hard that I had to wipe back tears at times. I told my friend about this book and she ordered her a copy and finished it over the weekend laughing just as hard as I was.

Shirley- Feisty and could be seen as the Rasputia of the family. Eric- Shirley's man
James Henderson
Feb 27, 2012 James Henderson rated it it was amazing
You ever work on a project and everything just falls into place with little effort on your part? Well, this is what happened while writing this novel. It was truly a pleasure to write and I enjoyed every minute of it. The plot sort of fell together; each chapter was a coin flip on which character to trip up next, and, IMO, it turned out rather nicely.
As of now this novel, in ebook form, is free everywhere, and I hope the reader enjoys reading it as much as I did writing it.
Cindy
Jun 15, 2014 Cindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Somebody call Tyler Perry!

This book should be made into a movie. You can't help but laugh out loud! It's just one of those books that you've got to share with somebody. Great job. I'll be looking forward to reading more from this author.
S. Smith
Jan 20, 2017 S. Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable Funny

The characters in this novel were dysfunctional and hilarious. There were times when i truly laughed out loud. i recommend it.
James Fant
Jan 09, 2015 James Fant rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could start this review about the importance of family, or its dynamics, or the history that creeps up and causes dissension. This book speaks to all of those things. But I chose to focus of the attribute I enjoyed most about James Henderson’s FAMILY THANG: it’s humor. Laughter doeth like a good medicine. That’s Bible and so true. When you laugh, your body releases feel good endorphins that aid healing and repair, remove toxins caused by stress. But aside from all the technical, scientific jar ...more
Samantha Gliwa
Feb 02, 2015 Samantha Gliwa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Family is first...especially when a lot of money may be involved

So grandpa does at his barbeque where his gay son returns with his boyfriend to grandpa's dismay. Out of 4 kids Jr doesn't like any of them. But he likes his dog Kenny G who dies and is buried with him in a crazy one of a kind funeral. It sets the tone for the rest of the book. Who killed grandpa and why? It becomes painfully aware it was for that big life insurance policy he had. But who's the benefactor? So much craziness ensues a
D.L. Williams
Dec 18, 2014 D.L. Williams rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book to read during the Holidays because when your family is over, and you are ready to kill them all, reading Family Thang will change your opinion. Once you see what happens to four siblings, and what they do to each other, you will be glad for your own family. The siblings father is poisoned at a family barbeque, and the siblings, along with the town Sheriff, try to figure out who dunnit. This book goes from one adventure to another, and you wonder if any of the siblings will e ...more
Kathy
Nov 30, 2013 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Warning do not read in the library!

This book is too funny. I was lol, rotfl and smh. Do not read in the library, they will put you out.
arlene
May 28, 2015 arlene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious

I loved this book I could not stop reading it and laughing at the same time. I will recommend this book to anyone who wants a good laugh the more you read the funnier it gets.
Lori
Oct 16, 2013 Lori rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book... It made me laugh out loud and smh at the same time.... I didn't like the ending.... And epilogue should end the story and with Ruth Ann it just seemed like it was leaving more open to the story.... I guess a family thang 2 will come out... Lol
Carrie Allen
Aug 04, 2013 Carrie Allen rated it it was ok
This book wasn't my favorite. There was just too much.... It had a few places in it that made me smile/laugh- but mostly it was so over the top that I didn't actually enjoy reading it most of the time.
Sara
Oct 28, 2012 Sara rated it liked it
Family Thang was a humorous novel about what happens to a family when there is money to be inherited The author really made the characters come into the suspense. The book was light reading, I did not particularly care for the end.
Marilyn
Oct 06, 2012 Marilyn rated it liked it
This was a funny enjoyable book. Except for the murders, you could be writing about some of my family. It had love, mistrust, cheating, murder, greed! And the local sheriff was a hoot!
Sfw100
Sep 27, 2015 Sfw100 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

It is a great reading. Family Thang! This family was crazy, sad, and hilarious!!! Visit, call and check on your elders!!!
Jackie
Apr 23, 2013 Jackie rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
It had its laugh out loud moments, but it also had its slow moments. I couldn't stop reading it though because I had to know who killed daddy and his dog.
Elias Huber
Jul 09, 2013 Elias Huber rated it liked it
I enjoyed this quick read. It was very funny at times. The ending was well worth the time spent reading. The Sheriff was the best. A fun read.
Ann
Jan 21, 2013 Ann rated it really liked it
Kinda like a jerry springer show, mixed up and crazy with a heck of a ending. Dont know what else to say about it
Tim Watt
Tim Watt rated it it was ok
Nov 04, 2016
robert a delap
robert a delap rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2014
Patience
Patience rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2012
Cheryl Henson
Cheryl Henson rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2014
Latashia
Latashia rated it it was ok
May 20, 2014
jo jefferson
jo jefferson rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2014
Breona Beth
Breona Beth rated it it was ok
Feb 04, 2015
Celeste
Celeste rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2012
E.Gadoury
E.Gadoury rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2015
George Roney
George Roney rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2014
Vickie Bolanos
Vickie Bolanos rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2014
Lorraine Mitchell
Lorraine Mitchell rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2013
Charlotte
Jul 04, 2013 Charlotte rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book will have you laughing from beginning to the end.
  • Jump Start Your Gluten-Free Diet! Living with Celiac / Coeliac Disease & Gluten Intolerance
  • The Stress Free You: How to Live Stress Free and Feel Great Everyday, Starting Today
  • Herbal Remedies A-Z
  • Love Me Tonight
  • Top 300 Free Apps for the Kindle Fire: The complete guide to the best free Kindle apps
  • A Wild Night's Encounter
  • Declutter Your Life: Reduce Stress, Increase Productivity, and Enjoy Your Clutter-Free Life
  • The Child Taker & Criminally Insane Box Set (Detective Alec Ramsay Series, #1-3)
  • Consenting Adults
  • FeMALE TRAITS "The Trilogy"
  • The J Spot
  • The Fix-it Man
  • First Year Teacher: Wit and Wisdom from Teachers Who'€™ve Been There
  • Football Widows
  • The Perfect Seduction
  • Secrets Never Told
  • 15 Successful Communications Lessons (Collection)
  • The Escort

“Most looked as if they were at a bus stop, bored and ready to move on.” 0 likes