Start by marking “Family Thang” as Want to Read:
Family Thang
James Henderson

Family Thang

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  202 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Comedy: a fractured family's dirty laundry is aired, soiled, stained, muddied, fumigated and declared a health hazard when their patriarch succumbs to barbecued neck bones laced with arsenic.
ebook, 1st., 402 pages
Published January 30th 2012 by Broke-Tooth Dog Press

To ask other readers questions about Family Thang, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Family Thang

Author Lesley Hal
A Family Thang was one of those unexpected gems of a book that I love coming across. The character development was EXCELLENT! I loved each and every one of the characters and their personalities. The story was full of humor and had me laughing so hard that I had to wipe back tears at times. I told my friend about this book and she ordered her a copy and finished it over the weekend laughing just as hard as I was.

Shirley- Feisty and could be seen as the Rasputia of the family. Eric- Shirley's man
James Henderson
You ever work on a project and everything just falls into place with little effort on your part? Well, this is what happened while writing this novel. It was truly a pleasure to write and I enjoyed every minute of it. The plot sort of fell together; each chapter was a coin flip on which character to trip up next, and, IMO, it turned out rather nicely.
As of now this novel, in ebook form, is free everywhere, and I hope the reader enjoys reading it as much as I did writing it.
Samantha Gliwa
Family is first...especially when a lot of money may be involved

So grandpa does at his barbeque where his gay son returns with his boyfriend to grandpa's dismay. Out of 4 kids Jr doesn't like any of them. But he likes his dog Kenny G who dies and is buried with him in a crazy one of a kind funeral. It sets the tone for the rest of the book. Who killed grandpa and why? It becomes painfully aware it was for that big life insurance policy he had. But who's the benefactor? So much craziness ensues a
James Fant
I could start this review about the importance of family, or its dynamics, or the history that creeps up and causes dissension. This book speaks to all of those things. But I chose to focus of the attribute I enjoyed most about James Henderson’s FAMILY THANG: it’s humor. Laughter doeth like a good medicine. That’s Bible and so true. When you laugh, your body releases feel good endorphins that aid healing and repair, remove toxins caused by stress. But aside from all the technical, scientific jar ...more
D.L. Williams
This is a good book to read during the Holidays because when your family is over, and you are ready to kill them all, reading Family Thang will change your opinion. Once you see what happens to four siblings, and what they do to each other, you will be glad for your own family. The siblings father is poisoned at a family barbeque, and the siblings, along with the town Sheriff, try to figure out who dunnit. This book goes from one adventure to another, and you wonder if any of the siblings will e ...more

I loved this book I could not stop reading it and laughing at the same time. I will recommend this book to anyone who wants a good laugh the more you read the funnier it gets.

It is a great reading. Family Thang! This family was crazy, sad, and hilarious!!! Visit, call and check on your elders!!!
Ramon Regan
This was a funny book that I am glad I stumbled across!
laughed from the begining to the end!
Somebody call Tyler Perry!

This book should be made into a movie. You can't help but laugh out loud! It's just one of those books that you've got to share with somebody. Great job. I'll be looking forward to reading more from this author.
I enjoyed the book... It made me laugh out loud and smh at the same time.... I didn't like the ending.... And epilogue should end the story and with Ruth Ann it just seemed like it was leaving more open to the story.... I guess a family thang 2 will come out... Lol
Warning do not read in the library!

This book is too funny. I was lol, rotfl and smh. Do not read in the library, they will put you out.
Family Thang was a humorous novel about what happens to a family when there is money to be inherited The author really made the characters come into the suspense. The book was light reading, I did not particularly care for the end.
Carrie Allen
This book wasn't my favorite. There was just too much.... It had a few places in it that made me smile/laugh- but mostly it was so over the top that I didn't actually enjoy reading it most of the time.
This was a funny enjoyable book. Except for the murders, you could be writing about some of my family. It had love, mistrust, cheating, murder, greed! And the local sheriff was a hoot!
It had its laugh out loud moments, but it also had its slow moments. I couldn't stop reading it though because I had to know who killed daddy and his dog.
Elias Huber
I enjoyed this quick read. It was very funny at times. The ending was well worth the time spent reading. The Sheriff was the best. A fun read.
Kinda like a jerry springer show, mixed up and crazy with a heck of a ending. Dont know what else to say about it
This was a free Kindle book that held my interest and made me laugh out loud a few times.
A'Sian Dotson
I really enjoyed this book. It made some serious issues funny ones. I loved it.
Not my kind of book. Took a while to finish. I've read worse, though.
This book was just so-so. I wish that I could give it 2.5 *.
This book will have you laughing from beginning to the end.
Hilarious, this family was dysfunctional at its best!
Tamara Finao
This is funny as hell. I am loving James H. great author.
Very good read, and very funny!
Cindy Norman
Enjoyed it! Very funny at times.
Rosalind Bean-kulp
Loved it! Its funny, its hilarious.
Wekeeeeeee! Wekeeeeeee!

• Top 300 Free Apps for the Kindle Fire
  • Love Me Tonight
  • Jump Start Your Gluten-Free Diet! Living with Celiac / Coeliac Disease & Gluten Intolerance (Let's Eat Out with Celiac / Coeliac & Food Allergies!)
  • Herbal Remedies A-Z
  • The Stress Free You: How to Live Stress Free and Feel Great Everyday, Starting Today
  • Living Lies (Agent Melanie Ward, #1)
  • Declutter Your Life: Reduce Stress, Increase Productivity, and Enjoy Your Clutter-Free Life
  • A Wild Night's Encounter
  • Bias Cut
  • The Child Taker is Criminally Insane Box Set (Detective Alec Ramsay Series)
  • Death Will Help You Leave Him: A Humorous New York Mystery (Bruce Kohler, #2)
  • Clouded Rainbow
  • At Risk (Steve Cline Mysteries #1)
  • The Escort
  • So Say the Waiters, Book 1: Episodes 1-5 (So Say the Waiters #1)
  • Pretty, Hip & Dead (Agnes Barton/Kimberly Steele Mystery #1)
  • Open Door Invitation
  • Football Widows
The Frigates Frigates, Sloops and Brigs (Military Classics) Rupert: The Daily Express Annual no. 53 The Rupert Annual no. 56 Rupert: The Express Newspaper Annual

“Most looked as if they were at a bus stop, bored and ready to move on.” 0 likes