Start by marking “Riven (Illumine, #3)” as Want to Read:
Riven (Illumine, #3)

Riven (Illumine #3)

Paperback, First Edition, 220 pages
Published December 7th 2012 by Anders, Alivia

To ask other readers questions about Riven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Riven

Stina Rubio
Dec 11, 2012 Stina Rubio rated it it was amazing
The third installment of The Illumine Series.

Captured, imprisoned, and left to burn.

You know what they say- where there's smoke there's fire...

For the last two weeks, Essallie Hanley has been a prisoner, in more ways than one. Held hostage by the Queen, she is forced to endure the mind-numbing pain tearing her body- and soul -apart, killing her with every tick of the clock. It seems all hope is lost, until one chance moment gives Essallie a name, Rinae Decante, the final person needed for the Q
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books

Ok, well, I am Shocked to the core at this ending! I was under the impression this was a trilogy, not sure where I got that idea, but I will say I was shocked when the cliffhanger hit and there was no more pages! It was a total surprise to me. I loved this book so much. It was such an edge of your seat read.
Here is a swoon worthy scene I wanted to share (except I sure wish it was Ali instead of Kayden in it, as I still can’t get past his true demon form, lol Yuck)

In that moment, all I wanted w
Jacquie Talento
Dec 21, 2012 Jacquie Talento rated it it was amazing
This is the third in this series and one that will hold your attention the entire time. Ms. Anders allows you to have all kinds of emotions in this third book and if you think you have it all figured out, you better guess again. Ms. Anders is one that loves to leave you hanging on for dear life while you try to clear the water out of your lungs and see thru the dark smoke. She loves playing with her readers as she knows many of us will be stalking her for the next in the series.
As I refuse to g
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Dec 21, 2012 Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort rated it it was amazing
Shelves: illumine
Whoa!! Just when I think that poor girl can't take anymore she survives again!!
This series is great!! It has drama, betrayal, magic,demons, angels and of course that coo coo crazy queen!!
Essie is an amazing character who you just have to root for!! Avi is just a fabulous sweet yummy man and then you have Kayden who is the bad demon who every girl wants. If Essie wasn't running for her life every minute of the day I bet she would have a hard time choosing! Sorry getting off track. This book was
Wanda Hartzenberg
Dec 11, 2012 Wanda Hartzenberg rated it it was amazing
Riven the third book in the Illumine series did not disappoint.
The life of the most powerfull nephalim in centuries is hard enough,
add to that being only a teenager.
Being hunter by the Queen herself,
Being consumed inside by her own blood that is used to torture and kill,
well you need to read it, I would highly recommend you do.
It is a stunning series and this book is evidence that authors are able to outdo themselves.
I give it a four star since the formatting of the book on Kindle was a bit wonk
Lynn Worton
Dec 31, 2012 Lynn Worton rated it it was amazing
This is the third installment of the Illumine Series. I have been eagerly awaiting it's release! Needless to say, I absolutely LOVED it!

Essallie Hanley is a fantastic character. She is part Nephilim (half human, half angel), who has been hunted by the Queen for her blood. Having been captured, she is faced with the deadly consequences of the Queen's plan. Will she be strong enough to survive?

Ari is also a fantastic character. He is also a Nephilim. He has his own secrets, but I think he is defin
Asphodel
Well, that was unbelievably SHORT.

It WAS Short, but the story wasn't. It was actually worth my time (Wew)

I hated Ebony, I mean freaking hate her and when she starts speaking.. I was like
Girl, you have messed with the wrong Nephil!!

I'm on a rush, LOL. I can't stand not to be with books so.. There ya go!

I love ya Alivia Anders!

Hapi Rideeng!
Jessica
Apr 03, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
An action packed, edge-of-your-seat read that keeps you glued to the pages! Hopefully, the 4th book comes out stat!!
Julia
Feb 09, 2013 Julia rated it it was amazing
Huge cliff hanger
Merisha28
Jul 19, 2013 Merisha28 rated it it was amazing
Riven by Alivia Anders
Print Length: 286 pages
Publisher: Anders, Alivia; 1 edition (December 7, 2012)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

I bought this book on Amazon.
Cover Art~ I adore the covers of all the authors books, but this by far is my favorite. I love the color contrast she has on it. The cover itself begs me to delve into the hidden pages and read it and find out what the cover represents.

My Review~
The author delivers an amazing sequel to the on growing series about Essie. I truly lo
Amanda
Mar 04, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing
After reading Illumine and Obumbrate I absolutely HAD to read Riven to see what happened next. This series will take you on a roller-coaster of action, adventure, twists and turns that are just so unexpected. It is cliche' to say that its a fresh new take on the life of the Nephilim, but its simply true. And it's not over yet!
Riven is the third book of the Illumine Series and absolutely did NOT disappoint in anyway possible. In fact, it very well may be the best one yet out of this series, but I
Seregon O'Dassey
Oct 17, 2014 Seregon O'Dassey rated it really liked it
*Warning: possible spoilers. Book 3 and they need to be read in order*

The end of Essie's saga of finding out she's a half angel and she's still being tortured by the Queen of the paranormal realm, just b/c she wants Essie's blood for selfish reasons. While she does get help from the unlikely Ursula, she loses her, too. It seems no one wants Essie alive except Kayden - who broke her heart, and the other half angel, Ari. I did appreciate that Essie stands up to them both and doesn't let them treat
Heidi
Jan 19, 2013 Heidi rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the Author for an honest review.

The third book in the Illumine Series is amazing. As we travel with Essallie into the depths of Lucretia's domain we witness her fight for survival when the odds are so not in her favor. She ends up trusting a darker image of herself that eventually will be placing her right back into a locked cell. Life is short and it is time for some good butt kicking Nephillium style with Ari as her sidekick. But what does one do when they are in love
AmelieD
Dec 31, 2013 AmelieD rated it it was amazing
After reviewing the first and the second book, I don't think there's much left to say. After I finished the second book, Obumbrate, I already knew the third book will probably be just as good. It was, indeed.

The love triangle, Ari-Essie-Kayden, gets even better. I liked Kayden a lot since Illumine, but in Riven his bad side was also shown. Turns out he's not as good as I thought. Ari is a great man, but something about him seems odd.

Essie, just like always, has a strong attitude and pretends t
Lavinia Urban
Jan 11, 2015 Lavinia Urban rated it really liked it
I have been wanting to read this book for a long time, I just hadn't gotten around to reading it until now.
There are editing issues with this book, but do not let that put you off the story.
The story is fast paced and starts pretty much where the last book ended.
Essalie is being held hostage by the Queen and has taken to talking to herself.
Of course she escapes but the Queen will stop at nothing to get Essalie back.
There are new characters thrown into the mix, here and there.
Overall this book i
Christoph Fischer
Feb 06, 2013 Christoph Fischer rated it it was amazing
"Riven" by Alivia Anders is the third instalment of her Illumine Series and is so far my favourite. After the first two books the character Essallie, half human and half angel, is rescued from captivity by Ari but decides instead of fleeing to stay and find Kayden, a demon who has been protecting her in the last book. Still hunted by the bloodlusting Queen Essallie begins to take charge of her fate. Anders introduces no characters and creatures to the mix, including Siren Arielle, and moves with ...more
Steven D. Yates
Aug 07, 2016 Steven D. Yates rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm having fun reading this

Nicely developed storyline of the damsel in distress torn between two loves of very different natures. The evil bad boy who might be good and the good angel who doesn't seem as good as he should be. It's an interesting storyline that keeps me wondering & that's too few too far in between for stories nowadays.

The only thing dispiriting and frankly unacceptable is the number of ridiculous typos in the Kindle books lately. I keep reporting the errors but I'm getting
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers

Not rated

I DNF’d this book at 30 percent. I just couldn’t get into it. It felt like work and this is my pleasure activity so I gave up. I might try to go back and read it again because after the first two I had certain expectations for this book. I want to try and let those go before returning to this one. Might is the key word in that sentence.
Kate
May 26, 2013 Kate rated it liked it
i liked the idea and the characters but the plot didnt quite work very well, there wasnt much depth. i still enjoyed the series a lot but each book was so...short. i just smashed them all out in a day and the endings were just massive cliffhangers and not cliffhangers that you like it was more of a 'wait, is that the end? that wasnt even a full book, we were in the middle of a scene!'

looking forward to reading the next instalment in the series.
Stephanie Garza
Oh boy...

Oh holy moly macaroni. Let's just say that ending is so no fair! I need book 4 so glad it will be out soon. Kayden so gets better. Ari? Eh. #TeamKayden all the way baby. Loving how Essalie's character doesn't back down from a fight. She's all in that like a bag of hot coal. Ready to light someone up. FYI. Omgee. That kiss at the end even had me like whoooa! #HollaBackGirl great third installment. I can not wait!! For book 4! I needs it! Like asap!!!
Moralesjm
Jan 22, 2014 Moralesjm rated it really liked it
Damn, I have to wait 4 months to get the last book. So glad to hear Kayden history!!! Now I need to few more stories to get deeper- Ari, the queen and now add in Rinae. I guess I'm really hooked and that says a lot about a series.
Tori Reul
Tori Reul rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2015
Riana
Riana rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2014
Kim culbertson
Kim culbertson rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2013
Paige
Paige rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2014
Grace
Grace rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2012
Ann Sutphin
Ann Sutphin rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2014
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2012
Samantha
Samantha rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2014
Sandra
Sandra rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Otherworld Trilogy: Faelorehn / Dolmarehn / Luathara (The Otherworld Trilogy #1-3)
  • Destined (Desolation, #3)
  • Dweller on the Threshold (Beri O'Dell, #1)
  • A Matter of Time (Angel Sight, #3)
  • Death and Other Excuses
  • Demon Lore (Demon Huntress, #1)
  • Candlewax
  • Wings of Nestor (Solus, #3)
  • Whispering Stone (Whispers, #1)
  • Darker Days (The Darker Agency, #1)
  • Prowl (Prowl Trilogy, #1)
  • Rise of the Demons (Oceans of Red #1)
  • Darkness Taunts (The Sensor, #2)
  • Soul Screamers Volume Two (Soul Screamers #3, 3.5, 4)
  • Charade (Heven and Hell, #2)
  • Djinn (Djinn, #1)
  • Strange Trouble (Rune Alexander #3)
  • Keeper of the Lost Souls (Keeper Witches, #1)
5020443
Alivia Anders was thirteen when she fell headfirst into the world of internet fanfic and RPG-forum board sites that showed her the 'back door' into the world of writing. Four years and many hours spent glued to a computer screen later she found her true calling in writing.
Alivia currently lives with her family in her hometown of Coopersburg, PA. She frequently admits that if she wasn't so intolera
More about Alivia Anders...

Illumine (4 books)
  • Illumine (Illumine, #1)
  • Obumbrate (Illumine, #2)
  • Alacrity (Illumine, #4)