Start by marking “Riven (Illumine, #3)” as Want to Read:

Riven (Illumine #3)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  154 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Paperback, First Edition, 220 pages
Published December 7th 2012 by Anders, Alivia

To ask other readers questions about Riven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Riven

Switched by Amanda HockingMy Blood Approves by Amanda HockingBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFate by Amanda HockingTorn by Amanda Hocking
Self-Published Young Adult Books
250th out of 1,665 books — 2,580 voters
Fallen Too Far by Abbi GlinesHopeless by Colleen HooverThe Green-Eyed Doll by Jerrie AlexanderOpal by Jennifer L. ArmentroutThe Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen
Best books of December, 2012
44th out of 86 books — 514 voters

More lists with this book...

Stina Rubio
The third installment of The Illumine Series.

Captured, imprisoned, and left to burn.

You know what they say- where there's smoke there's fire...

For the last two weeks, Essallie Hanley has been a prisoner, in more ways than one. Held hostage by the Queen, she is forced to endure the mind-numbing pain tearing her body- and soul -apart, killing her with every tick of the clock. It seems all hope is lost, until one chance moment gives Essallie a name, Rinae Decante, the final person needed for the Q
Jacquie Talento
This is the third in this series and one that will hold your attention the entire time. Ms. Anders allows you to have all kinds of emotions in this third book and if you think you have it all figured out, you better guess again. Ms. Anders is one that loves to leave you hanging on for dear life while you try to clear the water out of your lungs and see thru the dark smoke. She loves playing with her readers as she knows many of us will be stalking her for the next in the series.
As I refuse to g
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books

Ok, well, I am Shocked to the core at this ending! I was under the impression this was a trilogy, not sure where I got that idea, but I will say I was shocked when the cliffhanger hit and there was no more pages! It was a total surprise to me. I loved this book so much. It was such an edge of your seat read.
Here is a swoon worthy scene I wanted to share (except I sure wish it was Ali instead of Kayden in it, as I still can’t get past his true demon form, lol Yuck)

In that moment, all I wanted w
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Whoa!! Just when I think that poor girl can't take anymore she survives again!!
This series is great!! It has drama, betrayal, magic,demons, angels and of course that coo coo crazy queen!!
Essie is an amazing character who you just have to root for!! Avi is just a fabulous sweet yummy man and then you have Kayden who is the bad demon who every girl wants. If Essie wasn't running for her life every minute of the day I bet she would have a hard time choosing! Sorry getting off track. This book was
Wanda Hartzenberg
Riven the third book in the Illumine series did not disappoint.
The life of the most powerfull nephalim in centuries is hard enough,
add to that being only a teenager.
Being hunter by the Queen herself,
Being consumed inside by her own blood that is used to torture and kill,
well you need to read it, I would highly recommend you do.
It is a stunning series and this book is evidence that authors are able to outdo themselves.
I give it a four star since the formatting of the book on Kindle was a bit wonk
Lynn Worton
This is the third installment of the Illumine Series. I have been eagerly awaiting it's release! Needless to say, I absolutely LOVED it!

Essallie Hanley is a fantastic character. She is part Nephilim (half human, half angel), who has been hunted by the Queen for her blood. Having been captured, she is faced with the deadly consequences of the Queen's plan. Will she be strong enough to survive?

Ari is also a fantastic character. He is also a Nephilim. He has his own secrets, but I think he is defin
Seregon O'Dassey
*Warning: possible spoilers. Book 3 and they need to be read in order*

The end of Essie's saga of finding out she's a half angel and she's still being tortured by the Queen of the paranormal realm, just b/c she wants Essie's blood for selfish reasons. While she does get help from the unlikely Ursula, she loses her, too. It seems no one wants Essie alive except Kayden - who broke her heart, and the other half angel, Ari. I did appreciate that Essie stands up to them both and doesn't let them treat
Well, that was unbelievably SHORT.

It WAS Short, but the story wasn't. It was actually worth my time (Wew)

I hated Ebony, I mean freaking hate her and when she starts speaking.. I was like
Girl, you have messed with the wrong Nephil!!

I'm on a rush, LOL. I can't stand not to be with books so.. There ya go!

I love ya Alivia Anders!

Hapi Rideeng!
Lavinia Urban
I have been wanting to read this book for a long time, I just hadn't gotten around to reading it until now.
There are editing issues with this book, but do not let that put you off the story.
The story is fast paced and starts pretty much where the last book ended.
Essalie is being held hostage by the Queen and has taken to talking to herself.
Of course she escapes but the Queen will stop at nothing to get Essalie back.
There are new characters thrown into the mix, here and there.
Overall this book i
An action packed, edge-of-your-seat read that keeps you glued to the pages! Hopefully, the 4th book comes out stat!!
Huge cliff hanger
After reading Illumine and Obumbrate I absolutely HAD to read Riven to see what happened next. This series will take you on a roller-coaster of action, adventure, twists and turns that are just so unexpected. It is cliche' to say that its a fresh new take on the life of the Nephilim, but its simply true. And it's not over yet!
Riven is the third book of the Illumine Series and absolutely did NOT disappoint in anyway possible. In fact, it very well may be the best one yet out of this series, but I
I received this book from the Author for an honest review.

The third book in the Illumine Series is amazing. As we travel with Essallie into the depths of Lucretia's domain we witness her fight for survival when the odds are so not in her favor. She ends up trusting a darker image of herself that eventually will be placing her right back into a locked cell. Life is short and it is time for some good butt kicking Nephillium style with Ari as her sidekick. But what does one do when they are in love
Riven by Alivia Anders
Print Length: 286 pages
Publisher: Anders, Alivia; 1 edition (December 7, 2012)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

I bought this book on Amazon.
Cover Art~ I adore the covers of all the authors books, but this by far is my favorite. I love the color contrast she has on it. The cover itself begs me to delve into the hidden pages and read it and find out what the cover represents.

My Review~
The author delivers an amazing sequel to the on growing series about Essie. I truly lo
Stephanie Garza
Oh boy...

Oh holy moly macaroni. Let's just say that ending is so no fair! I need book 4 so glad it will be out soon. Kayden so gets better. Ari? Eh. #TeamKayden all the way baby. Loving how Essalie's character doesn't back down from a fight. She's all in that like a bag of hot coal. Ready to light someone up. FYI. Omgee. That kiss at the end even had me like whoooa! #HollaBackGirl great third installment. I can not wait!! For book 4! I needs it! Like asap!!!
After reviewing the first and the second book, I don't think there's much left to say. After I finished the second book, Obumbrate, I already knew the third book will probably be just as good. It was, indeed.

The love triangle, Ari-Essie-Kayden, gets even better. I liked Kayden a lot since Illumine, but in Riven his bad side was also shown. Turns out he's not as good as I thought. Ari is a great man, but something about him seems odd.

Essie, just like always, has a strong attitude and pretends t
Christoph Fischer
"Riven" by Alivia Anders is the third instalment of her Illumine Series and is so far my favourite. After the first two books the character Essallie, half human and half angel, is rescued from captivity by Ari but decides instead of fleeing to stay and find Kayden, a demon who has been protecting her in the last book. Still hunted by the bloodlusting Queen Essallie begins to take charge of her fate. Anders introduces no characters and creatures to the mix, including Siren Arielle, and moves with ...more
Helen Defelice
As I continue to read the series the books get better and better. I really enjoyed book three.
Damn, I have to wait 4 months to get the last book. So glad to hear Kayden history!!! Now I need to few more stories to get deeper- Ari, the queen and now add in Rinae. I guess I'm really hooked and that says a lot about a series.
i liked the idea and the characters but the plot didnt quite work very well, there wasnt much depth. i still enjoyed the series a lot but each book was so...short. i just smashed them all out in a day and the endings were just massive cliffhangers and not cliffhangers that you like it was more of a 'wait, is that the end? that wasnt even a full book, we were in the middle of a scene!'

looking forward to reading the next instalment in the series.
May 22, 2013 Ann marked it as to-read
i won this book in a giveaway in dec 2012 and still have not gotten it :( must have got lost in the mail
Victoria Dean
The saga continues with this book about half angels and how they ascend.
end was unsuspecting. and omg i cant wait for the next book!
Cori is currently reading it
Sep 25, 2015
Julia is currently reading it
Sep 22, 2015
Wordsl Dreamsl
Wordsl Dreamsl marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Beiza added it
Aug 29, 2015
Jayde marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Yemie Yam T. Juit
Yemie Yam T. Juit marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
  • The Otherworld Trilogy: Faelorehn / Dolmarehn / Luathara (The Otherworld Trilogy #1-3)
  • Destined (Desolation, #3)
  • Death and Other Excuses
  • Dweller on the Threshold (Beri O'Dell, #1)
  • Prowl (Prowl Trilogy, #1)
  • Charade (Heven and Hell, #2)
  • Wicked Fate (Wicked, #1)
  • Darker Days (The Darker Agency, #1)
  • Candlewax
  • Whispering Stone (Whispers, #1)
  • A Touch Menacing (A Touch Trilogy, #3)
  • Twined
  • Keeper of the Lost Souls
  • The Secret of the Keepers (Kailmeyra Book 2)
  • Darkness Taunts (The Sensor, #2)
  • Cruxim
  • A Matter of Time (Angel Sight, #3)
  • Released Souls (Witch Avenue, #3)
Alivia Anders was thirteen when she fell headfirst into the world of internet fanfic and RPG-forum board sites that showed her the 'back door' into the world of writing. Four years and many hours spent glued to a computer screen later she found her true calling in writing.
Alivia currently lives with her family in her hometown of Coopersburg, PA. She frequently admits that if she wasn't so intolera
More about Alivia Anders...

Illumine (4 books)
  • Illumine (Illumine, #1)
  • Obumbrate (Illumine, #2)
  • Alacrity (Illumine, #4)
Illumine (Illumine, #1) Obumbrate (Illumine, #2) A Shard of Ice (Black Symphony, #1) Ethereal (Illumine, #3.5) The Illumine Series: Books One, Two & Three