Incendiary (The Premonition, #4)

Incendiary (The Premonition #4)

4.52 of 5 stars 4.52  ·  rating details  ·  7,649 ratings  ·  583 reviews
Cold, fine drops of rain fall softly on my cheeks as I emerge from the darkness of the ship's interior to the gray, overcast sky of the main deck. Pulling my dark pea coat tighter to my body, the wind lifts red tendrils of my hair. I walk slowly to the railing overlooking the water.

I catch my first sight of the Irish coastline; its craggy landscape makes me shiver in dread...more
Published November 28th 2012 by CreateSpace (first published November 27th 2012)

Obsidian by Jennifer L. ArmentroutInescapable by Amy A. BartolOnyx by Jennifer L. ArmentroutIntuition by Amy A. BartolCity of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Best Supernatural Series
7th out of 431 books — 582 voters
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireReflected in You by Sylvia DayReckless by S.C. StephensEntwined with You by Sylvia DayLover at Last by J.R. Ward
I Marked My Calendar For This Book's Release
78th out of 1,261 books — 3,718 voters

More lists with this book...

Christy
 photo 1c9d5194-9245-41ae-8a0e-d7452cbc7470_zpsd551bcb6.jpg

Now I’ve read the first four books in this series in about 3 1/2 days... exactly how long do I have to wait for book 5 to come out?!?!?

Lets start out with our main players...
 photo c07a9b7a-08c8-4621-a272-494b45c84854_zps4df16674.jpg
“I want you to see that I’m unwilling to risk your life for his.”
“He is my life!”

photo 57639b10-8115-4593-9104-9275325eeea8_zpsfa917929.jpg
When I’m with Reed, it all fits. What I want is right in front of me. All I have to do is reach out and take it.

photo 1487fb61-01f3-4fd7-acb0-8627c921b024_zpse70fbd8c.jpg

photo 1d5604de-80b7-425c-857a-3347fb6e41f3_zps6fca9c6a.jpg
Libby
So you think a love triangle is bad? Try dealing with a love pentagon! Now, in addition to Reed, Russell, and Brennus all being in love with Evie, Xavier gets thrown in the mix. I really love this series but I'm ready for the HEA. I'm so sick of Brennus and I can't stand Xavier. Every book seems to add more and more people trying to get in between Reed and Evie. It also bothers me that part of Evie loves all these other guys. Russell I can understand but Brennus? Really? I get the appeal of a ba...more
Kandise

The worst installment yet. If I read one more time how powerful Evie is while she is cowering behind someone or dancing a fine line with death while someone else is saving her ass, I'm going to fucking lose it. Where Evie redeemed herself in other installments by these random moments of bad-assery that would allow me to forgive how naive and stupid she actually is, she didn’t even twitch her pinky in this one. I read 480 pages of dumb-assness that left me with this hate in my bowels! Ha...more
Nash
This is surreal. I don’t even know how to start writing about Incendiary.

It’s really unusual for me NOT to have over-pouring post-worthy fangirl comments for Amy Bartol’s masterpiece, but the fourth installment just got me tired. And I’m surprised at how calm I was after reading the book. Of course, I had these notorious tweets (that is out of the question), but I ended up really really sad (borderline depressed) starting from Reed’s POV up to the 1st chapter of Iniquity.

Will try to capture my i...more
Nanette Bradford
oh my amy. I'm so excited for a fourth book. I hate saying good by after 3. I hate stopping period. :) this is really a great series.

I finished this a while back and I have to say Amy you amaze me so much. I've always been in awe of the world you portray in these books but each book gets better and better and the world just keeps getting more vivid with every detail in your words. I love all the new characters. They add so much more than I even thought was possible. Any fan of Amy Bartol knows t...more
Bryan Patrick
In this book I'm really hoping that Rusell would stop pushing Evie, like kissing her for example it's really annoying .. Evie already have a bf and they are already bound so I really hope that the relationship issue would be resolve... And I wish I could read this book now !

*******************

Okay, I can't believe it that Rusell actually have an aspire which is also a Throne and that Evie have another man pining for her! God! I love the book ok? But I really think that the book shouldn't take mo...more
Debra
This was the best book so far, I swear this series just gets better all the time. After the last book I thought that Evie's purpose was to unite the different entities, now I believe that her purpose may be to provide redemption for those formerly unredeemable. I could be wrong but it seems like the kind of thing she would sign up for. The only thing that bothers me a little is that I am not into love triangles, especially when another person is then added (a love quadrangle?)
Charlotte Posey
Brennus Brennus Brennus.... I have never loved a character like i love Brennus. I am dying for the December, that seems to be when it will be out. I am looking forward to alot of book releases in December but it's Incendiary that i am absolutely dying for.... And Dirty Red. lol.
KIA
May 08, 2013 KIA marked it as to-read
I cant wait for book 4 i love this series I have to say guys i love reed and russel but i cant get enough of Brennus im rooting for the underdog in this one lol :)
Erin
Every time I pick up the next book in this series, I know I'm in for an intense, bumpy ride of unimaginable twists and turns, in a captivating world with characters that are near and dear to me. Once again, Amy Bartol brings her incredible imagination to life with this unforgettable fourth installment of the Premonition series, and she did NOT take it easy on her readers this go around!

Incendiary starts out right where we left off in Indebted, with Evie and Russell training with the other angels...more
Angelyn
HOLY ANGELS IN THE SKY!!
AMY HAS DONE IT AGAINN!!
THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!!!!!

There is not one moment in this book that my heart stopped pounding!
Everything just keeps rising and rising and it's never flat!!! There's always something going on!!
I was trying to read this as slowly as I could and make it last, but let me tell you firsthand, that that is NOT POSSIBLE.
I was planning to read until 10 and then force myself to stop, but I could do it!!
I stayed up all night morning finishing everything!!
You d...more
shanti
I WANT MORE!!!!GIMME MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Remaneci Cheyenne
Jun 14, 2012 Remaneci Cheyenne marked it as to-read
I am so excited for the 4th book!! I could die of anticipation here.. When will it be out, by the way?

I can't wait for how it all ends and for their happy ever after. There's no question on whose team I'm on. It's really not worth debating on, in my opinion. Reed all the way!!

Ms. Bartol, please don't prolong the suspense. I ask of you. And thank you for sharing to us mere readers your imaginative thoughts. God bless talented authors like you :D
Ashley
This book is the worst thing ever written right next to the previous 3 books. I am only into the second chapter and the thought of going outside and getting frostbite seems much more appealing then sitting inside my warm house reading this crap... If I have to read one more line about Bun's "cornflower blue eyes" I'm going to rip this book in half.....Also here is how I can summarize the first chapter.....

Chapter 1
Oh fantastic guess who is back Bruness (sp)… the faire who talks like he has been...more
Teeny
cant wait for this book have to say i love all the guys in this book including brennus "yer moin" been reading those bits in an irish accent.

my god i thought this was the last one now i have to wait!
Alexandra
I was so disappointed with this book.

I reread the other 3 books before this one came out so the story would be 'fresh' in my mind. I thought the series was going to end with this novel, and it really should have.

My biggest issue is the plot keeps going in circles. The same thing keeps happenening over and over. For example the whole thing with Brennus? Honestly how many times has he been on the verge of making her undead? Enough already! He should have died by now. I feel as though it centers wa...more
Desiree DeOrto
Oh my flipping holy monkeys! this installment of the premonition series was truly breathtaking and full of what the ef!-shocking moments. It will leave you hanging on the edge of your seat while your intestines do loop-de-loops inside of you from the amount of emotional b*tch slapping this book will put you through. ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS EVER! *happy dance* I'm in love ;)
Kareena
May 08, 2012 Kareena marked it as to-read
Cant wait for this one to come out, anyone have a date for it? been searching but cant seem to find out when. Almost cried when the last one was over, need more lol
Aimz
Mar 07, 2013 Aimz rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: meh
I love this series. I love everything about it EXCEPT please stop making people fall in love with Evie.
I mean my lawd! How many men are going to make an absolute fool of themselves over her?

face palm photo: Glee Facepalm 2ura7ih.gif

Reed.. oh how I love thee
Brennnus is hot but its time to go
Russell. Well sometimes I just wish they would have let him die. A completely tortured life to live watching your soul mate love another.

Evie.. Make up your fucking mind!!

frustrated photo:  startrek-fine_zpsd5159f0b.gif

*edit because I messed up my names for minute because my kid was screaming...more
Stephanie Hayes
Jun 07, 2012 Stephanie Hayes marked it as to-read
When? When does #4 come out?! I don't think I can handle this. I have done nothing but read these books, they have taken over. I NEED Incendiary.
Erin
Jun 01, 2012 Erin marked it as to-read
I'm really hoping we can lose the creepy, stalker, vampire, faerie in the 4th book. Seariously, get over it. Not gonna happen...
Elaina
WOW! This book was a non-stop roller coaster of a ride. My heart was thumping rapidly and loudly in my chest the entire time I was reading and I had to tear myself away to stop.

I think it's safe to say that Incendiary is my favorite so far. All the beloved characters are back in full force and their bond is even stronger. My love/hate relationship with Brennus has turned into mostly hate and annoyance. A few new characters are introduced as well as so many twists and turns it made my head spin....more
Mags~CVAddikt~Chaos defies imagination!
Apr 10, 2013 Mags~CVAddikt~Chaos defies imagination! rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: twiligh fans who think Edward Cullen is an alpha
Recommended to Mags~CVAddikt~Chaos defies imagination! by: I
We still don't know why everybody wants Evie.

There is a new love interest ... YES, ANOTHER ONE
I'm not kidding you ... this book has a F*CKING LOVE PENTAGON
Sort of ... (view spoiler)

Ohh and by the way, what's that of Russell being all alpha-male ... Reed and Zee I get it, but Russell??? I was like...more
Cindy
I have to do a (mostly...) non-spoilery review of the entire series. I read them all straight and the story flows so my thoughts flow that way too. It's just harder for me to hit just one book at a time because it is one huge overall story.

Ok, so this series is amazing and frustrating and unique. This is basically how my progression threw the series went:

Inescapable : Very intriguing start. Original premise, good characters. Hate Russell, but more to the point how Russell's dialect is written....more
Sarah Jane
I think I have mixed feelings about this book. This series has kind of become my guilty pleasure read. The flaws don't really bother me and the romance is laid on a bit thick for me, but book 2 and 3 I gobbled up shamelessly. Incendiary was a fast paced read, but a few things bothered me more in this one. I love Brennus, I think he is a wonderful villain. But that's just it, he IS a villain. Even though I know Evie is a martyr and her self-sacrificing ways want me to throw her off of a cliff. I...more
Katherine
The fourth book in the Premonition series completely blew me away. So much so, that I needed time to really think about what I wanted to say in my review. There are so many emotions and themes running through this story, that I was overwhelmed by the end.

Forgiveness. Family. Redemption.

Those three words kept coming into my head while reading. I wish that I could put into words what these characters mean to me, but until you read the books, you won't understand. Each book has an arc to it, where...more
Nancy♥The♥Bookaholic

~~5-Which-Love-Interest-To-Pick-stars~~

description
I can’t get my words together to write this review. This book was out of this world. It was really detailed and complex. I believe everything that happens in Amy Bartol’s book has a purpose. You may think at the time that’s it’s insignificant but then when it’s explained in future books you’re just amazed how thoroughly she thought this whole series through. Be prepared to get pulled into this book. Several new characters come in play in this book. Anya, Ta...more
Courtney
I start each review of this dried the same I love it! I have gotten to know and love the characters I feel like I am a part of this series and isn't that what we all want.....
Your Favorite character ? 44 93 Jun 24, 2014 11:51AM
  • Reckoning (Guardian Trilogy, #3)
  • Fractured (Caged, #5)
  • Independence (Significance, #4)
  • Fearless Magic (Star-Crossed, #3)
  • Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3)
  • Toxic Part One (Celestra, #7)
  • Fallen Eden (Eden Trilogy, #2)
  • Blessed (The Watchers, #2)
Author of Inescapable: The Premonition Series (Volume 1), Intuition: The Premonition Series (Volume 2), Indebted: The Premonition Series (Volume 3) , and Incendiary: The Premonition Series (Volume 4). Currently working on a fifth novel in the Premonition Series entitled Iniquity.

Under Different Stars (Kricket Series Book 1) --a YA Dystopian novel.

The Divided - A Science Fiction Romance short sto...more
More about Amy A. Bartol...
Inescapable (The Premonition, #1) Intuition (The Premonition, #2) Indebted (The Premonition, #3) Under Different Stars (Kricket, #1) Iniquity (The Premonition, #5)

“How ex are we talking?"

"The kind where you have to take everything that he ever gave you and bury it in the backyard so there will be nothing to remind you of how much you loved him.”
36 likes
“Just when you think that maybe Brennus is running' out of crazy, he shows up with a brand new can of it... economy size.” 30 likes