Start by marking “Avenging Annabelle” as Want to Read:
Avenging Annabelle

Avenging Annabelle

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  15 reviews
How far would you go to protect the ones you love? For Jim Fraser, the line between right and wrong disappears when he seeks to solve his daughter's disappearance and have his vengeance on the one responsible.

A Canadian logger shares an especially close bond with his daughter Annabelle after spending several years caring for her while recovering from a life-threatening log
Published November 7th 2013 by WPaD Publications (first published March 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Avenging Annabelle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avenging Annabelle

Sheila
Mar 03, 2012 Sheila rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sheila by: Felicia A
This is one of those books where the phrases "couldn't put it down" and "kept me up late into the night" are the honest truth for me.

I started the book one evening, and read about 25% of the story. The opening chapter hooked my interest, and then the more detailed story started. On the second night, when I continued reading the book, I honestly could not put the book down! I had to know what was going to happen, and I read until late in the night, just to finish it.

A great mix of horror, paranor
Loraine
This was a free download for my Kindle. I thought I would read the first chapter quickly one afternoon to see what it was like. I ended up reading about 25% and only stopped because I had to start on dinner! Once my son was in bed I was eager to get back to it and I ended up reading well into the night just to see what was going to happen.

This was a gripping read and an absoloute page turner. Chilling, well described, strong characters and enough twists and turns to keep you guessing. There is a

Su Yin
Avenging Annabelle has a mix of paranormal and psycho thriller all rolled into one. Starting with a gripping nightmare, the author pulls us into the story with a thorough job at profiling the key characters, then speeds up all the way to the final climax. The plot is well developed, with layers of intrigue and horror unveiled at just the right time to make the reader think he/she knows what is coming, only to be surprised and shocked at new revelations. A riveting read
Rute Canhoto
A.K.
I was lucky enough to read some sneak peaks of "Avenging Annabelle" long before it was released, but even these snipits didn't prepare me for the finished book.

Mandy White has written a story that compels you to read through the night, if necessary, just so you know how the story ends. She approaches very sensitive subjects with grace and decorum, never becoming more graphic than absolutely necessary to propel the story along. Her descriptions of the characters, as well as the surrounding locale
Karrie Scarbrow
This book was fantastic. Not the usual book I would read as I love reading chick lit books but I was spellbound by this novel.

I didn't want to put the book down until I had found out what had happen to the little girl and then I couldn't wait to find out what the ending was like. The ending was nothing what I thought it would be, it was better.

I will be recommending my friends to read this, favourite so far this year.
Mike Cooley
Another book I read in 2012 and loved. This reads like an agonized descent into madness. The characters are well thought out, and the internal conflict of the main character is front and center. The plot has enough turns and twists to keep you on your toes. Very dark. And all too real. Great stuff.
Rebecca
This was a free book through Amazon for my Kindle. It was a very fast read and an absolute page-turner!!! If you can ignore some editing bloopers, then you will find it very well written. The author does a fantastic job of describing the bond of a man and his daughter. Loved this book!
Felicia A
YAAAAAYYYYY! Another editing project is now a published book! Don't miss out on this tight, complete story of a father and his daughter and their special bond.

Chris Mawbey
This was a frustrating book to read. I'm a big supporter of "show don't tell" and after a fantastic opening scene the novel fell into a long stretch of exposition, with only a little character action. The second half of the story picked up and built on the father - daughter relationship to heighten the tension further.
There were a couple of nice plot twists along the way and I grudgingly have to agree that justice was probably served with the way the story ended.
Despite my thoughts about the fir
Lisa
I have some criticisms about this book although I read it through and enjoyed parts of it. The characterisation of the husband and wife were good and their relationship touching but I felt some of the violence to be excessive and the point might have been better made with less. Especially in the disposal of 'Doug'. I was a little disappointed in the end as I thought they had been through so much that maybe the horror would be over, but there you go. The book would have benefitted from some editi ...more
Betsy
I was intrigued with the opening and wanted to see how the story developed. Unfortunately it didn't hold my attention for long and I had to put it down for long periods of time. However,I was determine to finish reading the story and it did get better halfway through but I was some what disappointed with the ending.
What a surprising book! Not what I thought it was going to be! A fast read for me because I was on the edge of wanting to know what happened next! Lots of twists! I also enjoyed the family dynamic and connecting with the characters. Highly recommended!
Brandon Jones
awesome story. reminded me of the movie "the lovely Bones" but much better.
Lynn
No stars utter rubbish.
Silvara Wilde
Silvara Wilde marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Kelly Moody
Kelly Moody marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Rob
Rob marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Shannon Karpe
Shannon Karpe marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Mandy White grew up on a farm in Creston, British Columbia, then later relocated to the West coast of Canada, where she currently resides with her family and a menagerie of pets. Living her dream of being one of those weird, reclusive writer types, she can usually be found lurking in the forest somewhere on Vancouver Island.
When not distracted by shiny objects, Mandy writes fiction, primarily in
More about Mandy White...
The Feeder Dysfictional The Jealousy Game The Immigrant Zombie Cuisine: A Short Story