Start by marking “Timelapse” as Want to Read:

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  17 reviews
The accidental death of his beloved wife sent Alex Morgan into a numbing world of suppressed grief and rage, eased only by a profound bond with his son. Suddenly his life is shattered again when a chance discovery propels him into a world gone horribly, terrifyingly wrong.

Piecing together clues in this new nightmare, Alex suspects a colleague of taking a few, meddling step
Published (first published September 24th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Timelapse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Timelapse

Beneath the Willow by Gemma FarrowWords are our Sorcery by Karl WigginsCircle of Five by Jan RaymondThe Stone Gods by C.B. PrattThe Gullwing Odyssey by Antonio Simon Jr.
The Best of Book Review Depot
26th out of 81 books — 132 voters
Bumping Noses and Cherry Pie by Charie D. La MarrThe Law of Attraction by N.M. SilberTrust by Cristiane SerruyaPlebs by Jim GoforthNaked Determination, 41 Stories About Overcoming Fear by Gisela Hausmann
Little Known Gems
177th out of 906 books — 1,074 voters

More lists with this book...

Jane Stewart
2 ½ stars. Not an enjoyable escape. It felt oppressive. But it did have a happy ending.

AUDIOBOOK NARRATOR: Keith Tracton.
He was the worst part of the book. He did weird or bad voices for most of the characters, men and women. As to general narration he did not have enough emotion or pauses. The worst was a kissing scene, it felt wooden.

AS TO THE STORY:
The overall ideas were good. Tad invents a time gadget. He goes back in time thinking he’s going to create a utopia. But what results is a fascist
Ollie
Review by Ollie for bittenbyparanormalromance

First off I have to say is WOW! This story took me completely by surprise and had me glued to the pages right to the end. This book is primarily a sci-fi book dealing with time-travel and a beautiful romance that develops between the main character locked in a world that has gone completely to hell and the woman who tries to help him escape it in more ways then one.

Alex Morgan is a character you cannot help yourself to develop a close connection to. T
Drako
Though I do enjoy Sci Fi, it took me a bit to get into this book. In the first few chapters, Alex goes through an awful lot that I might have liked a bit more description on. He starts off with his wife, loses her in a car crash but their unborn child somehow survives for him to raise alone. But the story moves along when Alex finds what appears to be a regular cell phone in is burglarized office and is sent forward in time to an alternate world with a totalitarian government in place of America ...more
Linda Walters
It's Intense and Action packed. I know some people might think that was kind of dark and depressing but it also had so much hope, love and overcoming in it to. I found it to be a good balance and it had a "this is what could happen if we don't value your freedoms" element to it too. I couldn't put it down.
This story came right out of the gate with action. I have to admit as the story progressed, I was right along side of Alex as he tried to figure out what the heck was going on. He had a lot of
Linda Thackeray
Demelza Carlton
The concept for this one had me fascinated from the beginning. Throw a history professor with a tragic past into a timeline with an alternate history to his own time - and watch him not only come to terms with it but try to change the world.

I loved that Alex wasn't an irritating, macho hero who couldn't be bested - for Jessie decked him more than once. Yet he's a single dad who lost his wife in a tragic accident. The first thing I expected him to do was try to change the events in his past so th
Cate
After having read the synopsis for this particular novel, you may be forgiven in thinking that I may have had too much sun this summer, as this book appears to be one of those dreaded romance novels that I avoid as if I may catch something nasty from them; and you would be right, not about the sun thing but about this being a romance novel... except it isn’t one in the true sense of the word. From the very first page this book had me pulled in hook, line and sinker and, because I was expecting o ...more
Ginger Gelsheimer
Creative and original!

Brief synopsis: Alex Morgan's world is turned upside down when his office is broken into, and he stumbles upon a strange device that looks like a cell phone. Not knowing how to use the device, Alex accidentally triggers the commands that will transport him into another dimension of time where things are under complete control of the government and Nazi Britain exists.

When Alex leaves his real world, he also leaves his little boy Jack behind, so desperation sets in from the
Lisa Petty
There is no lapse of action in Timelapse by Lorrie Farrelly. In fact, my husband and I had a Kindle war over it. We share an Amazon account, but read on separate iPads. Since we have our account set-up to sync books across devices, we were always losing our places in our individual books. We didn’t figure out that we were reading the same book until he finished Timelapse. We usually have different tastes in books, but this one appealed to both of us.

Professor Alex Morgan, widower, single-dad, a
Michael
I stumbled across this book on Goodreads and it had some very good reviews, so I thought I'd give it a go. I wasn't convinced from reading the summary that I was going to enjoy the story, and after the first few pages I still wasn't sure, but I persevered. Then the characters and the story really came alive for me and I found I didn't want to put the book down. It turned out to be a really good, fast paced action adventure story with a bit of time travel thrown in, and lots of romance! The alter ...more
Deb
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This novel reads well as a romance, suspense and a time travel story. I enjoyed the story line regarding the romance between Alex and Jessie, while there were fairly immediate sparks between these characters the author did an excellent job of not rushing them into bed together and allowing their relationship to have a few bumps. I enjoyed the suspense created when Alex was abruptly thrust into a different time line and had to figur
Lmh
Really enjoyable, quick read. Time travel with historical consequences and a romantic twist.
Jada Ryker
Lapse into an Alternate World

In Time Lapse, by Lorrie Farrelly, Alex Morgan lost his wife Casey and gained his son Jack. After continuing his studies in Washington, D.C., Alex is a popular assistant professor, tucked away in the tiny office of an information technology professor on sabbatical.

After Alex finds a strange device in the office, he is catapulted into an alternate universe. People live under the autocratic weight of the ruling regime, with pockets of freedom fighters defying their op
Sonya Dodd
I can think of absolutely no reason for anyone to be able to give this novel anything other than 5 stars! From the first page the story captivated me and held my interest until the final page.

This is a love story, a very human story, as well as being a sci-fi about time travel. But it was the human interest side which gripped me most.

The main character Alex is totally lovable. He is very real as he grieves for his dead wife, retaining the will to live only for the sake of their young son, Jack.

W
alice reuss
Timelapse

I really didn't think I was going to like this book when it first started out but the more I got into it the more interesting it became. I was a little confused at first about the time shift but I found it pretty quickly and then I didn't want to put it down till I finished it .I gave it a 5 star because it held my interest with its ups and downs and thrills and chills till the end. very good book.I would recommend this to any one who likes to read.
Stacie Sullivan
I received this free book in exchange for an honest review. Though the book was not what I expected, I thoroughly enjoyed it! It was part romance, part time travel. Though I was expecting Alex's wife, Casey, to have much more involvement in the story, it took a different but satisfying direction, nonetheless. The time travel aspect of the book was fantastic and alot of fun!
Jen
Plot sounded interesting but the writing wasn't very good. stopped halfway and just couldn't pick up again.
Milton King
Milton King is currently reading it
Dec 18, 2014
Cat Kelley
Cat Kelley is currently reading it
Dec 18, 2014
Mahmoud
Mahmoud marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Janie
Janie marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Kourtney
Kourtney marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Maureen
Maureen marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Ab2y
Ab2y marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
A Navy brat and graduate of the University of California, Santa Cruz, LORRIE FARRELLY is proud to be a Fightin' Banana Slug. Following graduate school at Northwestern University, she began a career in education that included teaching art to 4th graders, drama to 8th graders, and finally, math to high school students.

She's a three-time winner on "Jeopardy!" She has shepherded wide-eyed foreign exch
More about Lorrie Farrelly...
Terms of Surrender Terms of Engagement (Terms, #2) Dangerous The Guardian's Angel Terms of Temptation (Terms, #3)